Cammalleri injured...

StianM
09-22-2003, 06:30 AM
When is going to end? :mad: :mad: :mad:

LA Daily News (http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~29583~1647929,00.html)

Captain Ron
09-22-2003, 06:54 AM
When is going to end? :mad: :mad: :mad:

LA Daily News (http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~29583~1647929,00.html)

Why does he insist on calling him Esa Pirens?

kingsfan25
09-22-2003, 11:56 AM
That's 536 man games lost.

Face Wash
09-22-2003, 01:29 PM
"It does not look good," Kings coach Andy Murray told the paper. "We've lost another young player. We already lost Jared Aulin for six months (dislocated shoulder) and now this. He was having such a terrific camp."

Often times prior to the MRI torn ligaments are listed as knee sprains... I hope I'm wrong but.... :mad:

Sam
09-22-2003, 04:40 PM
"He today underwent an MRI exam which revealed an MCL sprain of his left knee; he is expected to be out 4-6 weeks."

http://www.lakings.com/news/news_detail.asp?id=1007

Face Wash
09-22-2003, 05:21 PM
"He today underwent an MRI exam which revealed an MCL sprain of his left knee; he is expected to be out 4-6 weeks."

http://www.lakings.com/news/news_detail.asp?id=1007

whew!! I'll take that over reconstructive knee surgery ANY DAY!!!

Old Hickory
09-22-2003, 06:06 PM
whew!! I'll take that over reconstructive knee surgery ANY DAY!!!
that is good news. I was thinking 4-6 months

agentfouser
09-23-2003, 10:08 AM
"It does not look good," Kings coach Andy Murray told the paper. "We've lost another young player. We already lost Jared Aulin for six months (dislocated shoulder) and now this. He was having such a terrific camp."

anyone remember a few weeks ago someone posting that they had heard kings management wasn't too thrilled with cammalleri and his attitude and that they did not expect him to last the season here in los angeles?

seeing this quote reminded me of that and made me wonder if management's feelings have changed. "he was having such a great camp" is an interesting choice of words by andy murray, and one that i think indicates how much the organization likes him.

Skebo
09-23-2003, 12:38 PM
anyone remember a few weeks ago someone posting that they had heard kings management wasn't too thrilled with cammalleri and his attitude and that they did not expect him to last the season here in los angeles?

seeing this quote reminded me of that and made me wonder if management's feelings have changed. "he was having such a great camp" is an interesting choice of words by andy murray, and one that i think indicates how much the organization likes him.

Really??? I don't see that at all. I see a coach commenting on a players play during training camp. Nothing else.

Also note the Kings are not the Flyers. They will not publicly tear down a player or make a player the scapegoat regardless of the players play on the ice. They understand that doing such doesn't help the players trade value or confidence and only leads to diminished returns in the long run.

Personally, I've never seen or heard a direct quote from Kings management regarding Cammalleri's attitude. Especially in a bad light. I have heard things like (paraphrasing) 'he plays with attitude' or 'plays with a chip on his shoulder', but these are nothing but positive remarks.

Players may have made comments about lack of respect, attitude, or brashness on Cammalleri's part, but unless he becomes a complete cancer in the locker room don't expect these comments to affect the value Kings management places on Cammalleri.

agentfouser
09-23-2003, 02:39 PM
i've never seen or heard anything official, either, and i was really just recalling what someone else posted a while back. something that i now think is incorrect, regardless of whether it was true at one time.

but i still do think that andy murray's choice of words was intriguing. he, at least in my memory, tends to be pretty bland when talking about players (or anything else for that matter), and i cannot recall him ever saying something as emphatic as "such a terrific camp." to me, that seems a little out of the ordinary, and i still think that it indicates that the organization, however they may have felt about him before, was definitely impressed by his offseason work ethic and his start so far this year (i was certainly impressed).

but... maybe i'm reading too much into a simple statement.

jfont
09-23-2003, 02:54 PM

i remember this sort of report awhile back...