Murley - Endicott - Bradley

Defensemen:
Orpik - McKenna
Bissonnette - Berehowsky
Focht - Tarnstrom

Goaltenders:
Fleury
Chiodo

**Other than McKenna and Bissonnette on the blueline, this could be pretty accurate lineup for the Pens, subtracting Lemieux. Should provide a good look at how Marc-Andre Fleury can handle things at this level.

davemess
09-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Lemieux - Straka - Morozov
Koltsov - Fata - Surovy
Abid - Holzinger - Meloche
Buchberger - Eastwood - Bradley

Three changes to tonights forward lines and we probably arent far away from the opening night lineup.

Koltsov71
09-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Replace Holzinger with Beech, and that's not looking that bad.

Ticallion961
09-22-2003, 02:05 PM
I'm so pumped for this game...its my first pens game, the crowd is gonna go nuts for Fleury...Abid will probably get a warm reception as well. Not to mention Glen Murray, PJ Stock and Milan Jurcina from the bruins...a lot of local flavor in this game.

Jacob
09-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Way to steal my username, tool.

GoRyanMalone
09-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Way to steal my username, tool.

wasn't me

DJ Spinoza
09-22-2003, 05:16 PM
It also loses the entire thing by reversing it...Nevermind........

The lineup will be interesting. This might be the last shot to earn a spot for a good portion of that roster. Let's hope they come ready to play.

john g
09-23-2003, 02:45 AM
Could be a whooping.

Stolen from the B's board:

The following player will be in uniform on Tuesday night:

Steve Shields
Andrew Raycroft
Hal Gill
Rich Brennan
Zdenek Kutlak
Jeff Jillson
Sean O’Donnell
Milan Jurcina
Martin Samuelsson
Joe Thornton
Ivan Huml
Mike Knuble
Brian Rolston
Glen Murray
Sergei Samsonov
Patrice Bergeron
Martin Lapointe
P.J. Stock
Kris Vernarsky
Sandy McCarthy

Felix Potvin, Dan McGills, Ian Moran, P.J. Axelsson, Ted Donato, Michal Grosek, Rob Zamuner, and Andy Hilbert will also make the trip.

kutdacheez
09-23-2003, 03:15 AM
Forwards:
Malone - Straka - Morozov
Koltsov - Fata - Surovy
Abid - Holzinger - Meloche
Murley - Endicott - Bradley

Defensemen:
Orpik - McKenna
Bissonnette - Berehowsky
Focht - Tarnstrom

Goaltenders:
Fleury
Chiodo

**Other than McKenna and Bissonnette on the blueline, this could be pretty accurate lineup for the Pens, subtracting Lemieux. Should provide a good look at how Marc-Andre Fleury can handle things at this level.

Maybe I just don't get what "I like the Nova Scotia Roster" means exactly.

As to this being "a pretty accurate lineup" . . . I guess at this point anything could be . . . however, I don't see much thought being put into it to say that it can be a "pretty accurate" (I'm assuming you meant, opening day) lineup. As a matter of fact . . . I'd give this about a D+ effort, at best. That's a failing grade, BTW.

IMHO, you have missed:

~ the goaltenders at least 50%, (an E)

~ have at max selected only 66% of the defensemen, (a D) and

~ I'd say missed over 30% of the forwards let alone have some in a wrong posistion. (A low C performance)

Also, (side note) using a play on someone else's poster name indicates a lack of poster-name respect and/or a lack of creative thinking which is a basic requirement for predicting the future (accurately). Did you ever notice that economists state the GNP growth projections to the nearest tenth of a percentage point? I believe that they do that just to prove they have a sense of humor. Don't you?

Of course, I never understood why anyone would have two different poster names. I know my wife was pissed-off when her name used in AOL boards "Foreczech" was picked up (two years later) on the Pittsburgh Board by some dufus. Other than that why do some of you carry more than one poster name?

Darth Vitale
09-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Too bad center ice won't carry this; one pre-season game I wouldn't mind watching. That said, I suspect we will get our ***** handed to us if Boston's roster remains unchanged. Hopefully Fluery does not get shelled.

tom_servo
09-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Maybe I just don't get what "I like the Nova Scotia Roster" means exactly.

The game is being played in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

kutdacheez
09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
The game is being played in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
That part I got!

Robert Paulson*
09-23-2003, 01:25 PM
The game's not being broadcast anywhere?

BEAUlieve
09-23-2003, 02:06 PM
1-0 Pens

DJ Spinoza
09-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Nope, but it's 2-1 right now. We are winning.

Murley scored the first, Boileau with the second. Samsonov has the B's goal. You can get updates here: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores103/103266/20030923NHL--PITTSBURGH0.htm

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
09-23-2003, 02:19 PM
That roster looks pretty good to me. Maybe we can win tonight. :)

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
09-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the update. Everywhere I looked It was 2-1 for the bruins. :dunno:

DJ Spinoza
09-23-2003, 02:23 PM
We are following the game sort of in the Pens site boards...No game feeds. Here's the thread anyways: http://forums.pittsburghpenguins.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=585416&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1