MLB Keeper League

hossy316
03-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey, I am in a Fantasy draft in the upcoming weeks and we are having a keeper league. I draft 8th overall. The way I figure it, the following players will be gone by then:

A-Rod
Pujols
Beltran
Santana
Guerrero
Soriano
Tejada

I am wondering what anyone's input would be on who I should take at the 8 spot.

hossy316
03-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Bump, Not one person has an opinion on this??

CRAZY_FAN
03-11-2005, 08:39 AM
I just did a keeper draft a month ago. Here's the first 2 rounds :

1- Pujols
2- Guerrero
3- A-Rod
4- Tejada
5- Beltran
6- Cabrera
7- Beltre
8- Santana
9- Ortiz
10- Teixeira
11- Oswalt
12- V. Martinez
13- Crawford
14- Abreu
15- Dunn
16- Blalock
17- Konerko
18- Soriano
19- A. Ramirez
20- Chavez

Keep in mind that some of those players where taken too quickly and that most of the GM's where opting for youth because we cannot drop a player over the age of 33 and it's a keeper league obviously.

hossy316
03-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I just did a keeper draft a month ago. Here's the first 2 rounds :

1- Pujols
2- Guerrero
3- A-Rod
4- Tejada
5- Beltran
6- Cabrera
7- Beltre
8- Santana
9- Ortiz
10- Teixeira
11- Oswalt
12- V. Martinez
13- Crawford
14- Abreu
15- Dunn
16- Blalock
17- Konerko
18- Soriano
19- A. Ramirez
20- Chavez

Keep in mind that some of those players where taken too quickly and that most of the GM's where opting for youth because we cannot drop a player over the age of 33 and it's a keeper league obviously.

WOW, Soriano at 18!!!!! He is a sure fire top 10 pick in my opinion. Only because 2nd base is so thin. If he slips to 8 in our draft, he's mine!! On the other hand, I'd be happy to take Santana at 8 too. I already know that he won't be available as there are 3 guys ahead of me who want him. Chavez before Rolen is a question mark in my mind. Konerko in the second round is also too early IMO. The rest look fine, but I don't know about drafting a catcher in the second round. He's a good one tho!!

CRAZY_FAN
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM
WOW, Soriano at 18!!!!! He is a sure fire top 10 pick in my opinion. Only because 2nd base is so thin. If he slips to 8 in our draft, he's mine!! On the other hand, I'd be happy to take Santana at 8 too. I already know that he won't be available as there are 3 guys ahead of me who want him. Chavez before Rolen is a question mark in my mind. Konerko in the second round is also too early IMO. The rest look fine, but I don't know about drafting a catcher in the second round. He's a good one tho!!
I know I did found that Konerko was taken too early. One thing is that we are a bunch of hockey fans who knows baseball a bit but are not expert by any means. I was able to grab Santana in the first round and was quite happy with my pick (even if he's a pitcher...). We did draft 45 players each (10 teams) and we need to line 20 players (2 1B-2B-3B-SS-C, 1 RP, 5 OF, 4 SP) each week to face up against another team. Here's my team :

1B
Jim Thome
Carlos Pena
Casey Kotchman
Travis Lee
Prince Fielder
2B
Juan Uribe
Omar Infante
Jorge Cantu
Luis Rivas
3B
Melvin Mora
Casey Blake
Rob Mackowiak
Terry Tiffee
SS
Orlando Cabrera
Julio Lugo
Jhonny Peralta
J.J Hardy
Chris Nelson
Stephen Drew
OF
Carl Crawford
Lance Berkman
J.D Drew
Garret Anderson
Milton Bradley
David DeJesus
Grady Sizemore
Josh Phelps
Jeremy Hermida
SP
Johan Santana
Mark Prior
Rich Harden
Brandon Webb
Sean Burnett
Cliff Lee
Dan Haren
Felix Hernandez
Chad Billingsley
Adam Loewen
Matt Cain
Jared Weaver
RP
Eric Gagne
Guillermo Mota
C
Ivan Rodriguez
Rob Hammock
Miguel Olivo

hossy316
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I know I did found that Konerko was taken too early. One thing is that we are a bunch of hockey fans who knows baseball a bit but are not expert by any means. I was able to grab Santana in the first round and was quite happy with my pick (even if he's a pitcher...). We did draft 45 players each (10 teams) and we need to line 20 players (2 1B-2B-3B-SS-C, 1 RP, 5 OF, 4 SP) each week to face up against another team. Here's my team :

1B
Jim Thome
Carlos Pena
Casey Kotchman
Travis Lee
Prince Fielder
2B
Juan Uribe
Omar Infante
Jorge Cantu
Luis Rivas
3B
Melvin Mora
Casey Blake
Rob Mackowiak
Terry Tiffee
SS
Orlando Cabrera
Julio Lugo
Jhonny Peralta
J.J Hardy
Chris Nelson
Stephen Drew
OF
Carl Crawford
Lance Berkman
J.D Drew
Garret Anderson
Milton Bradley
David DeJesus
Grady Sizemore
Josh Phelps
Jeremy Hermida
SP
Johan Santana
Mark Prior
Rich Harden
Brandon Webb
Sean Burnett
Cliff Lee
Dan Haren
Felix Hernandez
Chad Billingsley
Adam Loewen
Matt Cain
Jared Weaver
RP
Eric Gagne
Guillermo Mota
C
Ivan Rodriguez
Rob Hammock
Miguel Olivo

Real nice starting pitching there for years to come. That is by far the strength of your team. Nice team overall!

Lessy
03-11-2005, 04:05 PM
I would say Cabrera would be a solid keeper league pick at #8. He's only 21 and is already putting up ridiculous numbers.

DJ Spinoza
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
If you really want to factor age into it, then I'd say that Cabrera, Beltre, or Teixiera even could be a good pick. I suppose you could go pitcher and take Prior, who is very young still, or even take Jake Peavy, although it's kind of early for either of them IMO.

If I was in your position, I think I would take Beltre.