Need some help with NHL 2004!

BigM1ke
09-22-2003, 03:45 PM
I just got the game and I can't play it.. Each time I open it, I see the white screen and just before the EA SPORTS logo is showned, I've got this error message (see the picture...).

I had the same problem with the NHL 2004 demo... Anyone knows the problem and how to solve it?? I've tried many things so far but nothing seems to work...

btw I know I'm using a French Windows but you should see what the problem is anyway...

thx!

BigM1ke
09-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Nobody got that problem?

BigM1ke
09-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Damn!! I want to play! :(

sammy87
09-22-2003, 06:43 PM
Damn!! I want to play! :(

try going to EA support site and asking a question.

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

only if its a legal copy of course :blush:

BigM1ke
09-22-2003, 07:21 PM
try going to EA support site and asking a question.

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

only if its a legal copy of course :blush:

That's already done!!

Kerberos
09-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements? Have you tried reinstalling the program? Do you have any codecs or weird programs that might interfere with this program? Do you have problems with any other applications?

BigM1ke
09-22-2003, 07:29 PM
1- yes my CPU is p4 1.7 mhz geforce3 ti200
2- no.. cuz it won't change anything.. the demo was already doing that thing...and I reinstalled the demo 3 times
3-I really don't think.. If they would interfere with NHL.. why would all my other EA games like Madden and MVP Baseball would work too...
4- No problems with other applications.. something Winamp3 crashes but that's all. All my games are running fine.

Kerberos
09-22-2003, 07:32 PM
something Winamp3 crashes but that's all.
That's either a problem with your sound card or a codec interfering with NHL 2004 (happened to me with The Sims). First, what is your sound card? Second, did you install any software like divx codecs or angelpotion codecs or any of that stuff?

Kerberos
09-22-2003, 07:35 PM
If al that does not work, try finding updated drivers for your graphics card, sound card, and check your directx version.

BigM1ke
09-22-2003, 07:44 PM
My directx is probably fine.. I downloaded the lastest version, the 9.0b.

My winamp 3 works fine but sometimes when I change skins or close the application I have an error... It nevers crashes while playing except if I switch skins (it will do that 1 time on 5)

And yes I have divx codecs too... And I doN't know what angelpotion codecs are so I probably don't have them...

I'm not sure about my sound card... And I don't even remember where to look to find that out... I have lost almost all my nerd qualities..! :)

Kerberos
09-22-2003, 07:48 PM
If I were you, I'd uninstall all the weird codecs on your pc (including divx), i'd then update all my drivers. Then I'd try to run nhl 2004. If none of that works then the best solution is to reinstall windows. SO anyways, good night and if you can't get your game to work, just mail it to me alright. ;)

BigM1ke
09-22-2003, 07:53 PM
Maybe I'll try that tomorrow.. someone just arrived at my house with espn nhl 2k4.... that will do it for tonight :)

Stuy
09-23-2003, 12:27 AM
Here's what you do. Package it back up and return it and buy ESPN 2004 because NHL 2004 sucks. The game play is terrible. The dynasty mode is stupid. (you start with no scouts, legal people, marketing etc). You have to earn points to get some. After one season I didn't earn enough points and I still had no scouts. So I had to do the rookie draft blind as I had no attibutes showing due to no scouting crew. It's just a really bad game IMO. ESPN is way better.

Kerberos
09-23-2003, 04:34 AM
ESPN is way better.
Might be, but I only have a PC...

BigM1ke
09-23-2003, 08:34 AM
I tried espn last night and thought it really sucked!!!

nucks2001
09-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Here's what you do. Package it back up and return it and buy ESPN 2004 because NHL 2004 sucks. The game play is terrible. The dynasty mode is stupid. (you start with no scouts, legal people, marketing etc). You have to earn points to get some. After one season I didn't earn enough points and I still had no scouts. So I had to do the rookie draft blind as I had no attibutes showing due to no scouting crew. It's just a really bad game IMO. ESPN is way better.

The comments I've gotten from most people is that the ESPN 2004 sucks compared to NHL 2004. Myself, I'll be buying NHL2004.

garry1221
09-23-2003, 09:35 AM

that'd be nice to do, but for those of us still w/o xbox it's kinda pointless don't ya think? .... granted im probably gettin xbox soon but still time being i'll be pickin up nhl 2004

Rabid Ranger
09-23-2003, 09:41 AM
The comments I've gotten from most people is that the ESPN 2004 sucks compared to NHL 2004. Myself, I'll be buying NHL2004.

How many people have you talked to? Besides the dynasty mode, what does EA do better than Sega?

BigM1ke
09-23-2003, 09:59 AM
I played 2k4 all night long yesterday and I was dissapointed alot...

With that said, MY DAMN PROBLEM isn't solved and I still can't play NHL 2004!!

here's another picture of my problem.... This is the 3rd windows opening when I click on click here of the window of the errors...

BigM1ke
09-23-2003, 11:16 AM
bump

BigM1ke
09-24-2003, 10:04 AM
EA Support just told me this :

For a few high end video cards, it comes with a feature that supports dual
monitor and TV outputs. But this game will crash if you have more than one
output (monitor/TV). If you need assistant to disable the 2nd monitor, please
contact nvidia tech support for further assistance.

WTF?? I don't get what they mean by "disable the 2nd monitor".. I can't use both at the same time! It's either on the TV screen or on the monitor.. but not both!! Look at this picture. .you'll see I can't take both.... And I never play games on my TV screen.. always on my monitor so that shouldn't be a problem!

BigM1ke
09-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Here's the latest news I got :
"I just looked at the nvidia website and this video card supports monitor and
HDTV.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce3.html

For this game, please disable the TV output. It is not using the TV or not,
there is an option on the video adaptor you need to disable."

Anyone knows where to disable this?