Peter Regan

aragorn
03-15-2005, 11:41 AM
How is Peter Regan doing in Denmark and will he be coming to North America next year? I think the St Mike's Majors own his rights in the Ontario Hockey League in Canada.

The Imp
03-16-2005, 03:55 AM
He certainly did very well last night, when his team won game 5 vs. Frederikshavn to advance to the finals. Two goals (one emptynetter), an assist and all-round good play. The "real" goal came on the PP, where he received a pass in close, manouvered the puck out wide, and went far corner shelf. Great piece of stick work.

Will he be going to NA? I would hope so, but that depends on Grevious Gary and Sideshow Bob.

Olorin
03-16-2005, 04:31 PM
He certainly did very well last night, when his team won game 5 vs. Frederikshavn to advance to the finals. Two goals (one emptynetter), an assist and all-round good play. The "real" goal came on the PP, where he received a pass in close, manouvered the puck out wide, and went far corner shelf. Great piece of stick work.

Will he be going to NA? I would hope so, but that depends on Grevious Gary and Sideshow Bob.

What are his stats thus far in the playoffs?

The Imp
03-16-2005, 05:08 PM
What are his stats thus far in the playoffs?

Being the servicable dude that I am, I had a look around for stats. None available, that I could find.

Olorin
03-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Being the servicable dude that I am, I had a look around for stats. None available, that I could find.

Thanks for the effort. I tried to find stats myself, but I had no luck either.

The Imp
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
All I've been able to find are the reg. season stats.

http://hockeymania.dk/andet.asp?hm_id=210

Kent Simpson is Todd Simpson's little brother, they're both playing for Herning right now.

Leonid Truhno at no.9 is the dad of Slava Trukhno, who is presently 6th in rookie scoring in the QMJHL

Tobias
03-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Hockeymania suck at updating the playoff stat this year :(.
And as you can see Peter Regin is doing great...he wants to go to either North America or Finland..

Karsten
03-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Peter Regin had made 8 points - 5G, 3A, in 10 playoffs games. 7 of the points were made in the five semifinal games vs Frederikshavn.

Stats compiled from http://www.internationalhockeygang.org/forums

mattihp
04-16-2005, 08:56 AM
He is going to play for Timrċ in sweden if I am not mistaken.

Tobias
04-18-2005, 09:59 AM
he is.

Peter signed a 2 year contract a few days ago.

futhermore i can tell you that Regin has just been named "best player of the season" in Denmark. It is going to be exciting to watch him play in Sweden, though i would have prefered him playing in Canada. :yo:

mattihp
04-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Robert Schmitz
Introduction to Education Sec. #002
Observation Report #3
Ms. Hansen

How do teachers seem to address the standards in their classrooms? What role does standardized testing have on the curriculum in the classrooms you observed? What types of assessment did you see used in the classroom? What do you think are some of the benefits/drawbacks to these types of assessments? Did you notice any evidence of the "accountability" movement in the schools in which you observed? If so, how did it affect the climate of the school, student performance, teacher attitude, et cetera.

Standardized testing is one of the defining aspects of education. Almost every school throughout the nation is required to participate in testing that measures many basic levels of comprehension among students; comparing them to other students throughout the nation and assessing students on whether they meet their grade level. These tests have many benefits, as well as drawbacks; and while teachers and schools become self conciously accountable, are these benefits really worth it?
Throughout the schools that I have observed, standardized testing has played a huge role not only in the classroom, but in the makeup of the school. School announcements emphasized FCAT preparation, SAT scores, and other forms of testing. Some schools sanctioned off a portion of the day strictly for testing practice, with some elementerary classes doing nothing but learn test taking techniques and ways to improve their overall FCAT score. This took a huge hit on curriculum, for two reasons. Not only does the FCAT stress a different form of writing than that most students learn in schools, but there is no possible ways for teachers to make up the countless hours spent preparing students instead of going over the curriculum. In High school, this is even worse; as many Advanced Placement teachers must sacrifice huge chunks of time going over FCAT to students who are way above grade level, while not being able to administer the college curriculum the students really need in order to pass the national test. For almost all of these teachers however, it seems that whenever these standard based tests come around, curriculum is sacrificed.
Standardized testing can be seen as a required tool in education. Without standard based testing, there would be no way for the school system to balance schools, and force schools who are not teaching students, to either start helping students or risk being sanctioned. Furthermore, testing standards allows schools to compare themselves with each other, and to measure their own level of assessment. However, apart from this, the drawbacks are extremely severe. In the classrooms that I observed, the emphasis most teachers put on FCAT usually sacrificied the curriculum. In English and reading classes, teachers taught for the test; instead of the using the correct methods to teach students. This is even worse when you consider the differences in FCAT writing and the writing most english classes teach their students. Keep in mind that these observations were all taken before the FCAT weeks, when students and teachers hunkered down and did nothing but teach and administer FCAT; taking huge chunks of curriculum teaching time in an already short school year.
Accountability is one of the only benefits in standard based testing, and it seems to have worked; but in a skewed manner. In the classrooms and schools that I have observed, teachers and schools deffinatly felt accountable for what they taught and administered. To a fault however, the accountability was placed strictly on FCAT, and not the students. In the observations I took before and after FCAT, the difference in school and teacher attitude seemed night and day. Teachers were relieved that FCAT was over, and had a rather relaxing schedule for the rest of the school year; apart from other standardized testing, such as the geography mental map. I don't know if this was from burn out, or for empathy toward the students, but teachers and schools did not emphasis much else. In a couple of the classrooms, teachers even cut back on homework and assignments given to the students, because of the lack of time or motivation in students approaching the end of the school year.
Standard based testing is a great fundemental idea that many public schools should be administering. However, the sacrifices these tests make in curriculum are quite steep. Accountability and assessment at the sacrifice of actual teaching are not what tests are intended for, and the system should be tweeked to give teachers and students as many hours as can be spared away from the standardized tests, to maximize the teachers ability to teach the given curriculum

Why not just send it as an email to yourself?

Rschmitz
04-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Because it was going to take me 2 minutes to go to the computer in the next room and delete this. My email account is jacked up and takes 2 hours to respond to someone sending it mail. But i'm also retarded.

mattihp
04-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Because it was going to take me 2 minutes to go to the computer in the next room and delete this. My email account is jacked up and takes 2 hours to respond to someone sending it mail. But i'm also retarded.
I'd sure say so... why not just pm yourself or use the service forum for testing things like the rules say? :dunno:

Tobias
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Ottawa Senators head scout Anders Hedberg has supervised Peter Regin intense during the IHWC, and he claims that it will only take 2 years before Regin is in the NHL :handclap:

source; http://www.hockeymania.dk/default.asp?nyheder_id=37231 [Danish]

Roy G Biv*
05-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Ottawa Senators head scout Anders Hedberg has supervised Peter Regin intense during the IHWC, and he claims that it will only take 2 years before Regin is in the NHL :handclap:

source; http://www.hockeymania.dk/default.asp?nyheder_id=37231 [Danish]

I find that hard to believe.... Is he strong enough? I think he would need some AHL time...

Tobias
05-25-2005, 10:11 AM
The size is his problem...he need to gain some muscles..but i don't think the head scout says things like this unless there is some truth in it..