Best Friends and why?

Vyse64
09-22-2003, 10:33 PM
my 2 best friends who i hang out with most of time and been together since 10th grade 5-6 years later I started to wonder why we even get along when we all like different NHL teams
both of them hate the oilers, one of cheers for the flames and Hawks while the other one cheers for habs
so I have no clue how we get along, anyone got any theories lol

monkey_00*
09-22-2003, 10:44 PM
my 2 best friends who i hang out with most of time and been together since 10th grade 5-6 years later I started to wonder why we even get along when we all like different NHL teams
both of them hate the oilers, one of cheers for the flames and Hawks while the other one cheers for habs
I don't have any theories...........I also don't have any "Best friends"............to tell you the truth I am what you would call a "Lone Wolf" and I prefer for it to be that way.........as long as I have my health and I stay connected with Family and the Almighty then that is all right by me...........that is plenty and enough........less trouble that way too.

Go Habs Go
09-22-2003, 10:50 PM
I've been friends with my best bud since we were in the 5th grade. He's a die hard Leafs fan and I'm a die hard Habs fan. Somehow we've managed to get along really well.

kira
09-22-2003, 11:26 PM
My best friend and I go back 24 years...there may be months when we don't see each other but if something happens we are there for each other as if no time had passed. We are opposites on some things and so similar on others that it's like we were together in another life. I would not trade my friend for anything, but to explain why and how we are together is something I couldn't do if I tried...I just accept it and cherish him as a friend.

dempsey_k*
09-22-2003, 11:39 PM

Just a shot in the dark here ... but maybe.. just maybe...loyalty to friends is worth more than loyalty to a shirt.

Then again all of my friends have been worthless or retahdad or dangerous.

Vyse64
09-23-2003, 02:18 AM
ATTN. all readers

my friends and I agrred on this, we all hate the leafs so maybe thats why hahaha :yo:

Sudz
09-23-2003, 05:42 AM
I've been friends with my best friend for 16 years and can't figure out out why we still hang out. I'm pretty sure that it's just because we've known each other for so long, because we have have absolutely nothing in common any more.

Darz
09-23-2003, 05:51 AM
None of my good friends are habs fans (my brothers are habs fans), and I like that. If all my friends were habs fans, who would I laugh at when my team won, and their team lost.
I have friends who like the hawks, the oilers, the bruins, have many friends who liked the leafs, my girlfriend likes the devils.

It just hockey.

Dar
09-23-2003, 06:17 AM
None of my good friends are habs fans (my brothers are habs fans), and I like that. If all my friends were habs fans, who would I laugh at when my team won, and their team lost.
I have friends who like the hawks, the oilers, the bruins, have many friends who liked the leafs, my girlfriend likes the devils.

It just hockey.

So you enjoy being the brunt of many a joke then. :D

Moose Head
09-23-2003, 07:10 AM
They haven't tried to kill me, yet. That's good enough for me.

Jewelly
09-23-2003, 07:28 AM
My best friend is Tammy. She is totally opposite to me not only in looks but in personality yet we have similar interests. We also operate a small business together.

I think that's what makes people 'connect'... different enough so that we complement each other yet similar interests so that we enjoy each others company.

Tammy hates hockey though. :confused:

Ok, there goes my theory. :joker:

kmad
09-23-2003, 07:33 AM
I've been best friends with the same guy since 4th grade (10 years now) and he has never watched hockey. I think the only common interests we have are Weird Al and nintendo 64. He recently moved to Vancouver for school though so I'm all by myself

Moose Head
09-23-2003, 08:02 AM
We also operate a small business together.

Marijuana or Hampster for Hire?

Darz
09-23-2003, 08:14 AM
So you enjoy being the brunt of many a joke then. :D

Living in Thunder Bay, Ont. and being a habs fan makes me the target of many people, friends and otherwise (mostly leaf fans), but it's not hard to shut up a leafs fan.

'1967' usual does it. :D

Jewelly
09-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Marijuana or Hampster for Hire?Oh no, I said "small business". Both those businesses are big... especially in BC. :p