Cammo out Brown in?

chas
09-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Does this mean that Brown now has a shot at making it or do you think saner heads will prevail and he'll be send back to junior for one more year?

Buckeye
09-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Does this mean that Brown now has a shot at making it or do you think saner heads will prevail and he'll be send back to junior for one more year?

I believe there is a rule where a junior eligble prospect can play the first 10 or 11 games of a season after which he must return to his junior team or remain on the NHL roster.

This injury situation, and the fact that the Kings are short of scoring punch on RW, means we may see Brown start the season with the big club.

That is, if HE can stay healthy...

IGM
09-23-2003, 09:26 AM
I have a feeling that coupled with the fact that Brown has had a strong camp AND all of the injuries that he has a very good shot at starting with the big club as any of the other would be wingers. With Deader still a ? it means that we will more than likely end up with Klatt on our front lines for certain (even though I have known that all along) and that with ZP as the other RW. We then have Frolov and Luc as the LW's. We definately need another winger for the mix and Brown has looked really good this camp. I suppose we could give Pirnes a look up there but all things considered, I would give Brownie a 10 gamer.

I am starting to believe the whole "we are jinxed" theory.

agentfouser
09-23-2003, 01:31 PM
sure, dustin brown may deserve a spot on the big club. however, at this point in his career, he needs playing time. unless half the club goes down with sars or something, he's not going to get that time in los angeles. he may be here for a few games just to test the waters, but really, he needs to be where he will get the most minutes.

jfont
09-23-2003, 01:56 PM
sure, dustin brown may deserve a spot on the big club. however, at this point in his career, he needs playing time. unless half the club goes down with sars or something, he's not going to get that time in los angeles. he may be here for a few games just to test the waters, but really, he needs to be where he will get the most minutes.
i absolutely agree 100%...

Captain Ron
09-23-2003, 03:47 PM

Hey I agree as well and have not seen him play in person.But if he is nearly as good as many have reported then he could be an impact player on this team and get between 15-20 minutes a game on the big squad.

Lets remember something guys.So far he has shown the most resilience of any of our "Rookies".If he proves he is capable of handling NHL calibre opponents then give him a shot.

Buckeye
09-23-2003, 03:48 PM

Now why do you want to jinx the team with SARS talk?

Skebo
09-23-2003, 09:29 PM
That is, if HE can stay healthy...

And why do you want to jinx Brown? :p

Scottkmlps
09-24-2003, 12:18 AM

I think Esa Pirnes has a better shot now with Cammi out for 4-6 weeks. Brown has an outside chance, but it would be better for him to go back to juniors and get the playing time.