Slovakia World Championship

Tricolore#20
03-25-2005, 01:09 PM
What kind of team are the Slovaks going to field at this years tournament? The usual suspects like Gabo, Demitra and Hossa I would assume will play, as they have had fairly strong seasons.

Are there going to be some lesser known extraliga players who could have a shot?

Jan Lasak I heard has been playing well this season for Pardubice. Hopefully he can pull off a 2002 like performance this year.

Bondra, Golbez, you guys have good input I know, so fire away.

:bow:

SilverSkate
03-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Didn't they say after the World Cup that they need to bringing some of the younger guys on the team. I would think they would bring Cibek back. I hope they include Svatos this year. How does Tomas Slovak look as a possible new d-man?

Lasak seems like he's doing a good job. How has Stana been doing? I haven't heard anything about him. Budaj seems to have greatly improved this season, and is becoming known as the king of shoot-outs in the AHL. I hope they give him more of a chance.

12# Peter Bondra
03-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Slovak AINT going to go. No place for him + 0 international experience.

Cibak COULD go as Pavlikovsky is uncertain whether he is going but Cibak aint having a great season...

I wanted to post lines but there are SO many possibilities I wont.

Bondra aint going, its Palffy's last WC's too. Nagy, Zednik are having a horrible season, Bicek is having a great year.

Goalies should be Lasak/Stana/Budaj as Murin wont go (he and the coach dont like each other).

More to come tommorow.

12# Peter Bondra
03-26-2005, 08:05 AM
I thought a while about the lines and Id like them this way:

Palffy-Stupmel-Hossa
Bartecko-Demitra-Gaborik
Zednik-Handzus-Satan
Orszagh-Pavlikovsky/Cibak-someone (Kukumberg, Nagy (but I just WONT want him cause he sucked this season).

Visnovsky-Strbak
Chara-Lintner
Meszaros (if he can)-Cierny
Mezei-Majesky (although I didnt think about this pair, just threw it in here, some other guys may go here)

Lasak
Stana
Budaj

wilka91*
03-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Pretty good lineup, I wonder if that will translate to the rink.

12# Peter Bondra
03-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Pretty good lineup, I wonder if that will translate to the rink.

Thats why I tore up the Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa line. They didnt play good together in the 2004 WC's or World Cup so I rather reunited Bartecko-Demitra and put them on one line so Gaborik can play on his wing again and Bartecko could win the pucks for them.

Anyway, we STILL will see the Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa line no matter how much tourneys they suck :mad: .

They should make me choose the line-up :joker:.

Masterovic
03-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Slovak AINT going to go. No place for him + 0 international experience.

Cibak COULD go as Pavlikovsky is uncertain whether he is going but Cibak aint having a great season...

I wanted to post lines but there are SO many possibilities I wont.

Bondra aint going, its Palffy's last WC's too. Nagy, Zednik are having a horrible season, Bicek is having a great year.

Goalies should be Lasak/Stana/Budaj as Murin wont go (he and the coach dont like each other).

More to come tommorow.

Zednik has a horrible season???

leafaholix*
03-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Do you guys think Kukumberg's chances of making the team drop off because he moved over to the RSL?

12# Peter Bondra
03-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Zednik has a horrible season???
For a player his skill and playing with 2 NHL-ers on his line (Handzus and Orszagh) Id expect a bit more. And he doesnt really show heart but Id still take him.

12# Peter Bondra
03-28-2005, 03:53 AM
Do you guys think Kukumberg's chances of making the team drop off because he moved over to the RSL?
If anything, they should increase IMO. He set the record for most points by a SVK player in the RSL this season.

Ego
03-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I hope Mezei and Majesky won't make the team. Majesky had terrible playoffs in Sparta with -5. Mezei is probably the worst defenseman in Dukla Trencin. Richard Stehlik plays much better for them.

leafaholix*
03-28-2005, 01:08 PM
If anything, they should increase IMO. He set the record for most points by a SVK player in the RSL this season.Really, what was the previous record?

And for a follower throughout the season, I'm not sure but I expected better numbers from a guy that put up above average stats in Slovakia.

Is it a different style of game in Russia or was his performance at the end of the season statistically a dissapointment?

Ego
03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Really, what was the previous record?

And for a follower throughout the season, I'm not sure but I expected better numbers from a guy that put up above average stats in Slovakia.

Is it a different style of game in Russia or was his performance at the end of the season statistically a dissapointment?

Most of Slovak players finish in Russia after two or three months. Most successful player was Martin Strbak who scored the league winning goal for Jaroslavl several years ago.
Kukumberg started pretty well, but then he had some troubles I think with coach. Addaptation in Russia is very difficult, so I was not surprised with his numbers. Plus in Slovakia there are some weak teams in league so players can improve their stats.

12# Peter Bondra
03-29-2005, 02:44 AM
I hope Mezei and Majesky won't make the team. Majesky had terrible playoffs in Sparta with -5. Mezei is probably the worst defenseman in Dukla Trencin. Richard Stehlik plays much better for them.
I know Majesky sucked, just couldnt think of anybody that fast. But to tell the truth, the whole Sparta team sucked. And Majesky was -9 in the playoffs :eek:

Mezei suffers from the big ice IMO.

Id MAYBE take Slovak as he was the 2nd best scoring D in the SVK League (12 goals in reg. season).

IMO, the 7th/8th spots for defensmen are wide open IMO. But Majesky was invited to the camp for the national side so he is in...unfortunately.

12# Peter Bondra
03-29-2005, 02:46 AM
Really, what was the previous record?

Dont also forget the RSL was full of NHl-ers this season so maybe he would have put up better numbers if the NHL was playing.

Robertsson 4-ever
04-06-2005, 04:23 AM
I'm very interested in the Slovak defense.

Zdeno Chara is playing very well in Sweden, and according to my sources Lubomir Visnovsky has also been doin' well this season. Along with vets Richard Lintner and Martin Strbak I assume they'll be the core on defense.

Anyone think Meszaros is ready to take a spot here?
Mezei and Majesky haven't impressed me earlier, and of what I've read here they haven't improved their game.
Is Radoslav Suchy and option, and where does he play?
Where have a guy like Petr Smrek be doin' since he left NA?

A defense of this doesn't look that bad:

Chara - Lintner
Strbak - Visnovsky
Suchy - Cierny
Meszaros, Majesky

Ego
04-06-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm very interested in the Slovak defense.

Zdeno Chara is playing very well in Sweden, and according to my sources Lubomir Visnovsky has also been doin' well this season. Along with vets Richard Lintner and Martin Strbak I assume they'll be the core on defense.

Anyone think Meszaros is ready to take a spot here?
Mezei and Majesky haven't impressed me earlier, and of what I've read here they haven't improved their game.
Is Radoslav Suchy and option, and where does he play?
Where have a guy like Petr Smrek be doin' since he left NA?

A defense of this doesn't look that bad:

Chara - Lintner
Strbak - Visnovsky
Suchy - Cierny
Meszaros, Majesky

Suchy played in Poprad, Slovakia and he has a big chance to make the team. Meszaros will come to the camp in next few days. Peter Smrek played in Germany, but I do not expect him in the team.

12# Peter Bondra
04-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Too bad how Smrek's career in the NHL went. He plays for St.Louis, scored 2 goals in 1 game, plays 6 games there, then goes to the Rangers, play's some games there, then gets traded to NSH for Lintner and then to OTT but since the NYR times, he hasnt played an NHL game.

And now hes in the DEL.

I think the D will look like 4-ever wrote.

quebec2
04-06-2005, 04:28 PM
hokej.sk reported these 3 goalie in roster for WC: Rastislav Staňa (Södertälje SK/Švéd.), Ján Laco (HC Košice), Miroslav Lipovský (HKm Dynamax Nitra)

and Lašak?? He is injured? Why he isn't in the list?

matys
04-06-2005, 04:53 PM
hokej.sk reported these 3 goalie in roster for WC: Rastislav Staňa (Södertälje SK/Švéd.), Ján Laco (HC Košice), Miroslav Lipovský (HKm Dynamax Nitra)

and Lašak?? He is injured? Why he isn't in the list?

It´s only selection for friendly games against Czech Republic. IMO for World Championship are lock: Lasak and Stana. The 3rd goalie will be one of Murin, Krizan or Budaj. Lasak, Murin and Krizan play finals in Slovakia or in Czech Republic and Budaj is still in the AHL.

SilverSkate
04-17-2005, 11:48 PM
It´s only selection for friendly games against Czech Republic. IMO for World Championship are lock: Lasak and Stana. The 3rd goalie will be one of Murin, Krizan or Budaj. Lasak, Murin and Krizan play finals in Slovakia or in Czech Republic and Budaj is still in the AHL.Budaj is on his way to join the team.

Brankogurl
05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
**Can anyone please translate this article. Me and a few friends would like to know why Branko Radivojevic is not going to play for Team Slovakia in the World Championship in Austria 2005.

Thanks,
Victoria
:)

Na rozkorčuľovaní žiarili Radivojevič, Križan i tréner Hossa

Počas rozkorčuľovania na hlavnej ploche Stadthalle pred pondelňajším súbojom slovenských hokejistov proti Rusku ostalo na ľade najdlhšie kvarteto Karol Križan, Jaroslav Obšut, Marcel Hossa a Branko Radivojevič. Pokiaľ Križanova pozícia brankárskej trojky je jasná, na jedného z ostávajúceho tria pripadne "Čierny Peter". Tréneri totiž môžu na súpisku pred zápasmi v osemfinálovej skupine dopísať iba dve mená.

"Stále máme dostatok času pouvažovať nad tým, kto pôjde na súpisku. Uvidíme aká bude situácia po súbojoch v skupinách," vysvetlil reprezentačný tréner František Hossa.

V závere pondelňajšieho tréningu zažiaril v súťažiach zručnosti Radivojevič, keď na tri góly Križanovi potreboval iba štyri nájazdy.

"Asi sa mi pošťastilo. Väčšinou to nie je moja klasická úspešnosť. Ide však len o zábavu," komentoval svoju šikovnosť tradične dobre naladený Radivojevič, ktorý pokračoval už vážnejšie: "Snažím sa zostať v kondícii. Uvidíme koho tréner zaradí na súpisku. Musím byť pripravený a v kondícii, aby som potom vládal. Ak ostanem mimo, nič sa nedeje."

Záver tréningu patril pre zmenu Križanovi, keď trojica Obšut, Radivojevič a Marcel Hossa nepremenila ani jeden z deviatich nájazdov. Od ôsmich koliečok okolo ľadovej plochy ich nezachránil ani asistent trénera Róbert Švehla, ktorý jediným úspešným nájazdom z troch mohol spomínanú trojicu vykúpiť. Ani raz však neuspel.

"To dokumentuje, že predchádzajúce tri góly boli náhoda," komentoval so smiechom Radivojevič a na záver dodal: "Všetko na tréningu bolo formou zábavy a myslím si, že korčuľovanie by nás neobišlo aj keby sme dali Karolovi gól."

Počas tréningu ukázal svoje zručnosti aj tréner František Hossa, keď v sérii piatich striel spomedzi kruhov trafil pri štvrtej rane žŕdku a piatou poslednou vymietol ukážkovo horný roh na vyrážačkou novej posily švédskeho MODO.

: 2.05.2005