Rounding out the roster

Rschmitz
09-23-2003, 11:27 AM
I know the preseason isn't over yet but the roster is suppose to be trimmed to 31 today and 29 soon there after before the final cuts are made. At this point, whats everyones opinion on how the team will shape out to be? Any surprises likely to make the team ie Dicaire or Perrin?

missK
09-24-2003, 04:18 PM
FYI - the Lightning roster is at 32 now after yesterday's cuts. More cuts to follow Thursday night's game.

DiCaire was sent to Hershey in the cut yesterday. IMO I don't see Perrin making the NHL team based on his performance so far in camp and in preseason.

petec1978*
09-24-2003, 07:23 PM
The window of opportunity for Perrin slammed shut the second Richards signed IMO. He will be the first callup if one of the scoring line centers go down to injury IMO. Cibak, if he doesn't make the team and isn't claimed in the waivers, will be the first callup if any checking liner goes down to injury, from where I sit.

I've been disappointed, btw, that Cibak's momentum from scrimmages hasn't carried over into the preseason games. That said, if he's cut, it helps to increase the odds he survives the waiver draft.

-Pete Choquette

Padawan
09-24-2003, 11:33 PM
If you don't want Perrin, we will be happy to take him. :rolleyes:

petec1978*
09-25-2003, 12:00 AM
At 9th on the SM-Liiga table right now, you need him. Haha.

-Pete Choquette

Padawan
09-25-2003, 03:08 AM
At 9th on the SM-Liiga table right now, you need him. Haha.

-Pete Choquette

With few injuries and five games played. A huge 4 point gap to the leading team.... Eric Perrin would be a 1st line center in any SM-Liiga team.