Please read and make sticky

Kvashinator12
09-23-2003, 03:39 PM
well we all saw the tragedy of cybersabre's father, and i dont know his family's situation but it might be tough for a while both emotionally and financially. I was thinking that maybe we as a community who don't always agree can do a fundraiser of some type to donate to him and his family. I was thinking like HF t-shirts, or something like that, any ideas?

Peter Griffin
09-23-2003, 04:01 PM
That sounds like a great idea!

Phanuthier*
09-23-2003, 04:05 PM
That would be tough since there are so many people on HF there would have to be donations every 4 hours

Kvashinator12
09-23-2003, 04:13 PM
That would be tough since there are so many people on HF there would have to be donations every 4 hours

that we can do it in some sort of order, but i think we should do something to try and help him through this tough time

Phanuthier*
09-23-2003, 04:17 PM
that we can do it in some sort of order, but i think we should do something to try and help him through this tough time
oh i can understand that, but this is a message board, and we don't know these people, so random people can lie and say their wife died and ask for money.

for internet boards, moral support should be regal enough.

Tuomo Ruutu's Ego
09-23-2003, 04:23 PM
oh i can understand that, but this is a message board, and we don't know these people, so random people can lie and say their wife died and ask for money.

Umm..there was an article written in the local paper when cybresabre's father died. I don't think he is faking it. It would be far too difficult to plan all this, get the local newspaper to write an article(cybresabre's father wrote for the local paper), etc.

And anyone would have to be pretty low to come on a message board and announce their close relative died but fake it.

Leaf Lander
09-23-2003, 04:27 PM
find out what funureal home is doing the burial and they may direct us to somone so we could send money /donation to the family.

Phanuthier*
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Umm..there was an article written in the local paper when cybresabre's father died. I don't think he is faking it. It would be far too difficult to plan all this, get the local newspaper to write an article(cybresabre's father wrote for the local paper), etc.

And anyone would have to be pretty low to come on a message board and announce their close relative died but fake it.
I'm not saying him, obviously since this was never done before it wasn't him, but if you want to get the snowball rolling, by all means, go for it. But then how about the next case? Then the case after? The snowball will get quite big.

This is a internet message board, afterall, just seems to cross the line into way-to-personal by having some massive fundrasier. I don't mean to be an anal about or anything, just pointing that out.

#37-#93-#27*
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM

I don't think he meant everytime, just Cybersabre.

I like the sentiments but I think HF needs a little donating for themselves and if it were that simple or possible I'm sure they would've done it already for that reason.

This community isn't <i>that</i> big and other then the ones who post in the lounge, I doubt anyone else knows what happened. It wouldn't raise much IMO.

Kvashinator12
09-23-2003, 04:35 PM
I don't think he meant everytime, just Cybersabre.

I like the sentiments but I think HF needs a little donating for themselves and if it were that simple or possible I'm sure they would've done it already for that reason.

This community isn't <i>that</i> big and other then the ones who post in the lounge, I doubt anyone else knows what happened. It wouldn't raise much IMO.

better something than nothing

kira
09-23-2003, 04:45 PM
It's a nice idea, but I don't see how we could bring it together, being as we are so scattered.

Were it me, I think I would contact someone in the family and ask if they have a favorite charity that could be donated to in his father's name. There are a lot of charities that I'm sure could use a donation of whatever size you could make.

Phanuthier*
09-23-2003, 04:46 PM
Were it me, I think I would contact someone in the family and ask if they have a favorite charity that could be donated to in his father's name. There are a lot of charities that I'm sure could use a donation of whatever size you could make.
Good suggestion

That seems to make alot more sense to me

USC Trojans
09-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Its a nice gesture, but I don't know if he'll want to make a big deal out of it. Its probably tough enough already for him.
How bout just a nice e-card from all of us letting him know that his family is in our prayers.

buzzard
09-24-2003, 05:08 PM
It's a nice idea, but I don't see how we could bring it together, being as we are so scattered.

I could do this. When my husband passed away, I asked people to donate to the American Cancer Society or to their favorite charity.