Microsoft Word

Jacksonville
09-23-2003, 05:55 PM
I need help on how to create a timeline on microsoft word while adding a transparent picture in the background. Please help me!

CharlieGirl
09-23-2003, 06:32 PM
I don't have Word on my home computer, but I'll see if I remember correctly (and I can verify it tomorrow morning at the office).

For the picture
click Insert - graphic (I think) - from file - select the picture you want. Make the picture the size you want, then right click on the picture to get the picture toolbar. In image control, you can change it to a watermark; then one of the tabs (sorry, I can't remember which one) will allow you to have the text in front or behind the picture.

I think there is an option in Word to do a timeline easily..... look in the help index (sorry, I can't remember - you could try the tables or insert drop down menus).

I hope this helps - I'll check tomorrow am and make corrections.

CharlieGirl
09-24-2003, 04:42 AM
Okay - for the picture in the background
Insert - Picture - Clip Art/From file; select your picture
Click and drag to the size you want
Right Click - Show Picture Toolbar, Image Control (2nd icon from left), select Watermark
Right Click - Format Picture - Layout - Click Behind Text and Centre (if you like)

For the Timeline - sorry - I thought there was an easy way to do this. Depending on the amount of information, you might be able to set it up using an organizational chart or a table.