Question for Camp Attendees

hbk
09-23-2003, 05:32 PM
For those of you who have been to camp to see the practices, scrimmages, etc. can you comment as to who is exceeding expectations and which players have not.

Thanks in advance.

eye
09-24-2003, 04:49 AM
For those of you who have been to camp to see the practices, scrimmages, etc. can you comment as to who is exceeding expectations and which players have not.

Thanks in advance.

Don't you find it strange hbk that all these posters from Arizona that call themselves Coyotes supporters have not commented on the red and white scrimmage or any of the daily scrimmages that took place? I know if I lived in the Phoenix area I would be attending as many of these as possible.

Dancing Chicken
09-24-2003, 05:57 AM
Dont go pissing in everybody corn flakes.. everybody is a fan in there own way. Alot of them are new posters so give em time but I am dying for some info too..

09-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Due to family obligations I've missed most of the scrimmages but I have been to a few practices. For some reason Tyson Nash stood out to me. You could definitely tell who the NHL regulars were and who the young kids were, the regulars were almost going through the motions and you could tell it wasn't their first camp. Hulse looked pretty decent and hung around with Simpson a lot from what I saw. Mara & Doan looked especially good of the guys you'd expect to. I was hoping that someone like Sjostrom would really stick out though, but it was just a practice with drills etc.

I did notice during the skating drills that Pelletier looked a little slow, something seemed to be bothering him, I assume the injury still.

Master T
09-24-2003, 07:21 AM
You just can't help being a brown eye can you?

People have jobs you know?

eye
09-24-2003, 08:25 AM
You just can't help being a brown eye can you?

People have jobs you know?

I can tell you when the team was in Manitoba fans always found a way to go see them at this most curious time of the year. Typical personal shot by the Master T though. I guess every Yotes fan works 7 days a week in Arizona.

Devils Advocate
09-24-2003, 08:47 AM
Don't you find it strange hbk that all these posters from Arizona that call themselves Coyotes supporters have not commented on the red and white scrimmage or any of the daily scrimmages that took place? I know if I lived in the Phoenix area I would be attending as many of these as possible.

Sorry, but I have a job which takes precedence. Thanks for ruining my frickin' corn flakes.

Gwyddbwyll
09-24-2003, 09:30 AM
I can tell you when the team was in Manitoba fans always found a way to go see them at this most curious time of the year. Typical personal shot by the Master T though. I guess every Yotes fan works 7 days a week in Arizona.

Having been to some myself I can tell you these events are packed out.

PhoPhan
09-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Having been to some myself I can tell you these events are packed out.

Seriously.
Just because every poster here who is from Phoenix isn't spewing information, it doesn't mean that people aren't going. It may be hard to believe, but there are Coyotes fans who do not post here.

09-24-2003, 10:07 AM
All I can say is that Eye better being going to the Coyotes-Sharks game tonight it Portland or he is a fair-weather fan!

eye
09-24-2003, 10:32 AM
What does this mean? Are you saying that you are more of a hockey fan than the rest of us? :rolleyes:

read into what you want. I just find it strange that many posters that post all year about our prospects, about the team and everything associated to this organization all of a sudden seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth when it comes to discussing what's happening in camp. I can't recall one recap or interesting thread from a local fan providing any information this year and I can assure you of one thing; If camp was still in Manitoba or if we were talking about the Golden Gophers or the Wild there would be countless threads and posters discussing every issue first hand.

Master T
09-24-2003, 10:33 AM
No, he is just being a jerk. Makes me regret the time I took posting information about the rookie intro camp to the people that really cared. It isn't like the Phoenix valley is small, I mean, I could just walk to N. Scottsdale on my break from my job in Awatukee to see practice right?

Some people's children.

eye
09-24-2003, 10:36 AM
No, he is just being a jerk. Makes me regret the time I took posting information about the rookie intro camp to the people that really cared. It isn't like the Phoenix valley is small, I mean, I could just walk to N. Scottsdale on my break from my job in Awatukee to see practice right?

Some people's children.

Glad to see this board is hopping once again. It was getting far too quiet for this time of the year. Some of you are sooooooo sensitive.

Master T
09-24-2003, 10:44 AM
I think he is under the impression that only 16K people live here, all Coyotes fans... and there aren't more sports to chose from. I mean, it isn't like Phoenix Metro isn't the 3rd most sports saturated city in N. America?

PhoPhan
09-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Eye does raise a good point, though. You all claim to be huge fans, and I am sure you are, but I do know if I had access to anything Coyotes at all, I would jump all over it. Maybe it is just because I am so far away, or maybe it is because you take it for granted, whatever, I am not one to judge.

PhoPhan
09-24-2003, 11:38 AM
1) The Red/White Scrimmage is for season ticket holders only.

How many of us are season ticket ticket holders of the Coyotes?

eye, were you a season ticket holder of the Jets when they were in Winnipeg?

I don't think he was referring solely to the scrimmage, but to the fact that aside from a blurb a while ago from master t and a few others, little has been said about the team by anyone who has seen them firsthand.

Devils Advocate
09-24-2003, 03:18 PM
I don't think Eye is a jerk, I just wished he hadn't pissed in my corn flakes.

Dancing Chicken
09-24-2003, 03:42 PM
LOL

Lets just get on with hockey.. What I do not understand is the Media, In Calgary theres so much news on the Flames.. It seems like the Yotes get very little media attention at least on the net.. Is the local coverage pretty good??

XX
09-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Is the local coverage pretty good??

In a way, its the offseason what do you expect? Im kinda pissed they didnt go to california to broadcast the preason games but meh.

The yotes get 30 seconds, no more than that. Even on the Arizona Sports Report (30 min show on Fox) they dont get much love.

Maybe that the cards suck and the dbacks arent in the postseason, they can get some more time on the TV.