MLB Fanasty Advice Thread

Motown Beatdown
04-08-2005, 06:53 AM
I need a little help. I've been offered a trade, but not sure if i should do it.

I'd trade Vlad Guerrero for Manny Ramirez and Luis Gonzalez.

I hate the idea of trading Vlad, but i need depth in the OF.

Legionnaire
04-08-2005, 08:37 AM
These things are tough to give an answer on when you don't know who's available through waiver/FA.

Motown Beatdown
04-08-2005, 08:48 AM
These things are tough to give an answer on when you don't know who's available through waiver/FA.

There's not much out there. I think the bestOF in waivers is Randy Winn or Reggie Sanders.

Legionnaire
04-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Preston Wilson there?

Motown Beatdown
04-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Preston Wilson there?

yeah i was hoping he would go under the radar on draft day, but someone grabbed him.

BrooklynCapsFan
04-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Are any of Jason Bay, Cliff Floyd or Torii Hunter available?

I've got Bay and have him tagged for 35 HR a .300 average and he might crack 100 RBI batting fourth.

If Floyd stays healthy, he can give you 25-30 HR .285 average and 85+ RBI batting behind Beltran.

Hunter is a pretty well known commodity that's not spectacular but respectable-plus he's a stolen base threat.

I think trading Vlad is just a big mistake. He's gonna have another monster year and he's solid in every category.

Legionnaire
04-08-2005, 09:49 AM
I agree with Caps fan.

Brian Giles
Mike Cameron
Pat Burrell
Trot Nixon
Carlos Lee.

Motown Beatdown
04-08-2005, 09:53 AM

I've got Bay and have him tagged for 35 HR a .300 average and he might crack 100 RBI batting fourth.

If Floyd stays healthy, he can give you 25-30 HR .285 average and 85+ RBI batting behind Beltran.

Hunter is a pretty well known commodity that's not spectacular but respectable-plus he's a stolen base threat.

I think trading Vlad is just a big mistake. He's gonna have another monster year and he's solid in every category.

Cliff is still out there. I hate the idea of trading Vlad too. But ManRam should have a monster year too. But i do already have Ortiz and Damon, i hate the idea having so many players from the Sox. :D

Owen Wilson
04-08-2005, 11:03 AM

Bay and Hunter shouldn't be on ANY waiver wire.

I wouldn't do that Vlad for Manny & Gonzo deal. It's a pretty fair offer, I just wouldn't do it.