Daniel Tkaczuk, Denis Shvidki anyone? more?

AEKaki
09-24-2003, 11:26 AM
Daniel Tkaczuk was released by the St-Louis Blues today.

Is he worth a try?
You never know?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=54813

Also, Denis Shvidki was demoted but needs to pass waivers.
Also Novoseltsev and Hagman might be in that position too soon.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/hockey/panthers/sfl-panote22sep22,0,1344461.story?coll=sfla-sports-panthers

Evilo
09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
I like Shvidki.
As for Tkaczuk...
I'm not sure he's worth a chance... he's had two already and blew them...

Koltsov71
09-24-2003, 11:48 AM
My nomination:

<--------------

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
09-24-2003, 11:48 AM
We have enough young players who can't seem to develop. It is frustrating when I look at young players like Havlat and Hossa from Ottawa playing very good already when we have lots of talented players in the same age group that can't seem to put it together. It makes me wonder if our group of prospects will go to waste like in the past.

The Tang
09-24-2003, 12:39 PM
We have enough young players who can't seem to develop. It is frustrating when I look at young players like Havlat and Hossa from Ottawa playing very good already when we have lots of talented players in the same age group that can't seem to put it together. It makes me wonder if our group of prospects will go to waste like in the past.

thats what happens when you have GP at the helm. but i do agree, we have enough young talent. i dont think either would really do much for us, and i really dont see the pens going after novosoltsev

Der Schweinehund
09-24-2003, 05:13 PM

Interestingly enough, the Panthers Hockey News correspondent David J. Neal in THN Season Opener listed Shvidki as their breakout player this year. Maybe he will break all the way out of the Panthers organization entirely.

AEKaki
09-24-2003, 07:30 PM
If Novo gets put on waivers...i hope the pens snag him.

The man has wheels, imagine Fata, Novo and Koltsov on the same line...thats an explosive line.

yeah especially now with Fata at center.

But honestly. Shvidki is good no?
I know Tkaczuk has desapointed but...
we always find jewels like this.

Straka? Tarnstrom? Lang?
all examples

spence___
09-24-2003, 07:40 PM
yeah especially now with Fata at center.

But honestly. Shvidki is good no?
I know Tkaczuk has desapointed but...
we always find jewels like this.

Straka? Tarnstrom? Lang?
all examples

Yeah but Shvidki is less deserving of a roster spot than Sivek or Surovy who are already in WBS.

The Tang
09-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Straka was an fa, not a waiver pick up.

TomHBlain
09-25-2003, 06:09 AM
Daniel Tkaczuk was released by the St-Louis Blues today.

Is he worth a try?
You never know?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=54813

Also Novoseltsev and Hagman might be in that position too soon.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/hockey/panthers/sfl-panote22sep22,0,1344461.story?coll=sfla-sports-panthers

The best part of that article is at the bottom when they say "Mike Van Ryn, Chris Pronger's defense partner two years ago in St. Louis, has emerged. "

They make it sound like he and Pronger were a top line defensive pairing. :lol: Thats rich.

Shvidki clearing waiver, eh? I remember when he was a steal at #12 at the 99 draft. It makes me wonder if the lack of veteren leadership in the Panthers organization really hinders the development of some of these players, especially the Europeans.

EX. Players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg developed well and quickly in Detriot. Are they necessarily higher caliber players than Novoseltsev or Shvidki? Or did having Larionov, Lidstrom, and Yzerman around as mentors allow them to blossom in their development. I know Datsyuk didnt speak a lick of English when he came over and had to communicate with some of the elder Russians while he was becoming acclimated to the US.

Still doesn't explain Tkachuk's problem.

Koltsov71
09-25-2003, 06:44 AM
The best part of that article is at the bottom when they say "Mike Van Ryn, Chris Pronger's defense partner two years ago in St. Louis, has emerged. "

They make it sound like he and Pronger were a top line defensive pairing. :lol: Thats rich

I didn't get that impression. They are just stating a fact.

kutdacheez
09-25-2003, 07:16 AM
thats what happens when you have GP at the helm. but i do agree, we have enough young talent. i dont think either would really do much for us, and i really dont see the pens going after novosoltsev

Blaming the development on GP (as a comparison) to Ottawa developing Hossa and Havlat is not a pertinent criticism.
Hossa went right from the WHL to Ottawa and Havlet went right to Ottawa from The Czech Republic.

It's interesting that the draft where we selected Koltsov ahead of Havlat that Ottawa doesn't that much developing of their other picks . . . where as we have Murley, Caron, Malone, Malenkykh (is there really a Malenkykh) and Kosptopoulus in the same draft.

I'm not supporting GP . . . I just don't think you put the emphasis in the right place. IMO Ottawa so far to have a better draft in regard to the first pick, that's all.

No Quarter
09-25-2003, 09:42 AM
I like Shvidki.
As for Tkaczuk...
I'm not sure he's worth a chance... he's had two already and blew them...

So did Olli Jokinen.

Evilo
09-25-2003, 11:12 AM
True.
But Jokinen has MUCH better talent than Tkaczuk.
And he was drafted #3 VERY logically.
Tkaczuk was drafted 6th by the Flames, and many disputed that fact even then if I remember correctly.

ginner classic
09-25-2003, 02:34 PM
True.
Tkaczuk was drafted 6th by the Flames, and many disputed that fact even then if I remember correctly.

Actually Tkachuk was projected to go #4, Samsonov #5, Brewer #6, Luongo #7 if I remember correctly. Cleary was also a projected top 10 pick.

Jacob
09-25-2003, 05:27 PM
I don't know about Tkaczuk. His points per game in the AHL has progressively gotten worse over the past 4 years.. from .83 to .72, to .49 to .39.

Shvidki and Novoseltsev are possibilities, but neither know their way around their own zone. We need speedy guys that can adhere to a defensive system.

AEKaki
09-25-2003, 07:00 PM
True.

Tcaczuk did play very well for Team Canada that year.
He was as an NHL captain and was very comparable AT THE TIME to Steve Yzerman.

I am not saying we should get him. But as you guys know, we have had success with these types of acquisitions.

Novoseltsev really interests me though. Very much I might add.