Early Projections for 2006 NFL Draft

King_Brown
04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Unless Matt Leinart gets injured he should be #1 pick in the draft. D'Brickashaw Fergouson could of been a top 5 pick this year, so he should get serious consideration for #1 pick also.

Who else is there coming that could be potential 1st rounders? Reggie Bush? Dwayne Jarret?

Foppa
04-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Unless Matt Leinart gets injured he should be #1 pick in the draft. D'Brickashaw Fergouson could of been a top 5 pick this year, so he should get serious consideration for #1 pick also.

Who else is there coming that could be potential 1st rounders? Reggie Bush? Dwayne Jarret?

Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks will be top 5 as it stands now. The guy is an absolute beast. Would have been the first defensive player off the board this year imo.

Also, I wouldn't lock up that #1 spot for Leinart just yet. If Vince Young builds off his incredible Rose Bowl outing, I think he's got just as good a shot to be the first QB taken.

USC Trojans
04-25-2005, 01:40 PM
I guess I'll cover some of the possible USC first rounders:

- QB Matt Leinart: He'll be the top rated QB along with guys like Chris Leak, unless he gets injured, but we have a great O-line coming back so Leinart will be well protected. If he can stay healthy, he will have one of the most potent offenses at his arsenal.

- OL Winston Justice: Got into a little trouble last season with an on-campus practical joke. If he had played as a sophomore, he already would've been one of the best offensive tackles in the country. This year, he's out to shake off the rust and show his skills to the country. He'll most likely opt out for the draft cause I heard he's not doing so well in school.

- RB/WR/QB/PR/KR Reggie Bush: I don't see why he'd risk injury by coming back for another year. He's the most electrifying player in college football, a scatback who can turn on a dime, has blazing speed, and has good hands catching out of the backfield. I don't know how his game will translate to the pros but he already has decent size (6'0" 200 lbs).

- S Darnell Bing: Safety who hits like a freight train, will most likely enter the draft and could be one of the top rated safeties.

Others that could enter the draft, RB Lendale White, WR Steve Smith, Jarrett is only a sophomore and can't enter.

King_Brown
04-25-2005, 01:45 PM
You don't think Reggie Bush can cut it inthe NFL?

What about D'Angelo Williams?

Jared Ramsden
04-25-2005, 02:22 PM
GreatBlueNorthReport allready has a mock 06 draft up....also has top potential prospects listed for 06 as well.....

http://www.gbnreport.com/2006prospects.html

USC Trojans
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
You don't think Reggie Bush can cut it inthe NFL?

I think he can, he definitely has the moves, but I don't want to make it seem like he's a sure thing, cause then people would call me a homer ;)

Worst case scenario, he'll be a Dante Hall type player used for special teams, but I think he'll be closer to being a five tool player like Marshal Faulk.

DTD With a Knee
04-25-2005, 03:13 PM
At or Near the top:

1.Chris Leak, QB Florida - In Urban Meyer's offense, this guy will make Alex Smith look like Kermit the Frog. He's got the arm, he's got the speed. He could be the top pick...if he jumps.

2.D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OL Virginia - A beast. Looks like Orlando Pace, and like him has #1 overall potential.

Also:
DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis
Eric Winston, OL Miami
Ahmad Brooks, LB Virginia
Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

I'm not going to jump on the Leinart bandwagon. If he was in the draft this year, I would've prayed till I was blue in the face that San Francisco not take him. His arm is too weak in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how he performs without Norm Chow running the offense. If he does well, and shows a little more zip, maybe I'll change my mind.

BrooklynCanuck
04-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Ahmad Brooks is the most overrated prospect ever. He's still living off his hype from the recruiting combines. He's very athletic, but he gets taken out of plays when people play physical with him.

King_Brown
04-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Plus hes a lefty, only lefty I like is Mike Vick.

San Fran got there QB, now they can get there pro bowl left tackle next year in Fergouson 1st overall.

PredsFan77*
04-25-2005, 04:11 PM
At or Near the top:

1.Chris Leak, QB Florida - In Urban Meyer's offense, this guy will make Alex Smith look like Kermit the Frog. He's got the arm, he's got the speed. He could be the top pick...if he jumps.

2.D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OL Virginia - A beast. Looks like Orlando Pace, and like him has #1 overall potential.

Also:
DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis
Eric Winston, OL Miami
Ahmad Brooks, LB Virginia
Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

I'm not going to jump on the Leinart bandwagon. If he was in the draft this year, I would've prayed till I was blue in the face that San Francisco not take him. His arm is too weak in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how he performs without Norm Chow running the offense. If he does well, and shows a little more zip, maybe I'll change my mind.

With the first pick in the NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans select from the University of Florida...Chris Leak

USC Trojans
04-25-2005, 04:56 PM

Fair enough assessment of Leinart, but in his defense, he's always been able to throw the long bombs with pinpoint accuracy. Just look at the Orange Bowl with a few long passes to Smith or the Rose Bowl before that to Colbert. Its just that with Chow's system, he's never really been required to make long passes.

Hockeyfan02
04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Plus hes a lefty, only lefty I like is Mike Vick.

San Fran got there QB, now they can get there pro bowl left tackle next year in Fergouson 1st overall.

Maybe not. They just gave Jonas Jennings a big contract this offseason at LT who is already a proven starter in this league and will have to see how Kwame Harris does starting at his natural position RT. I see them going RB or WR if Barlow has a bad year or Woods doesnt pan out.

Nifty=HHOF
04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
What about D'Angelo Williams?

Mel Kiper Jr. just said on ESPN that he's the best RB for next year's draft. He listed D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the #2 overall.

TVanek26*
04-25-2005, 07:09 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/2006projection.html

Now that's who I want the Bills to draft (They better not pick at 13 though)

I've been interested in him for awhile now,and that would be a great pick.Too bad he's semi-retarded.

Dr Love
04-25-2005, 07:21 PM
A projected 1st round at this point is as useful as male nipples.

MontrealCruiser_83*
04-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks will be top 5 as it stands now. The guy is an absolute beast. Would have been the first defensive player off the board this year imo.

Also, I wouldn't lock up that #1 spot for Leinart just yet. If Vince Young builds off his incredible Rose Bowl outing, I think he's got just as good a shot to be the first QB taken.
Vince Young probably won't be a QB in the NFL. He makes poor reads and his delivery isn't good enough. He's a great athlete who could become a solid WR, though.

ObeySteve
04-25-2005, 09:23 PM
A projected 1st round at this point is as useful as male nipples.

Their only potential is being able to still get breast cancer?

Jeffrey
04-26-2005, 02:15 AM
just saw some highlight of USC (to see BMW)
but The player that impressed me the most on these highlight is Reggie Bush ... man this guy is going to be crazy good !!
If he's not top 5 next year something wrong in this world !