Kings' EUROPEAN Prospects Update

Captain Ron
09-24-2003, 04:07 PM
EVERYONE - post every and all updates you hear/read for the Kings' EUROPEAN prospects here.

Karlsson, Jens - Frolunda (SEL)
Eriksson, Tim - Linkoping (SEL)
Mantyla, Tuukka - Lulea (SEL)
Johansson, Daniel - Växjö (Swe-2)
Hannus, Tommi - Pelicans (SM-Liiga)
Juntunen, Henrik - Karpat (SM-Liiga)

Players Name ----------Team (league)-------Games-----Goals-----Assists----Points------PIM

Pushkarev, Konstantin - Avangard (1st LG/RSL).10/5...........9/1...........4/0...........13/1...........4/0
Anshakov, Sergei - CSKA (RSL).........................12..............2... ...........2..............4..............2
Shefer, Andrei - Severstal (RSL)........................17..............3.... ..........1..............4.............32
Federov, Yvgeny - Ak Bars (RSL).......................20.............6...... ........4.............10.............10
Lyubushin, Mikail - Dynamo (RSL).......................9..............1...... ........1...............2..............8

__________________________________________________ _____

As some of you may already know I am a student of the Russian language.This skill helps when browsing some of the Russian Super League sites.

I have decided to use my skill to keep others up to date on our "rooskie" talent.This thread will be devoted to Konstantin Pushkarev and I will try to keep the rest of you updated on his progress and accomplishments.

September 22nd was the beginning of the season for Avangard VDV (the farm club of Avangard Omsk).They started with a 2 game series with Mechel-2 of Chelyabinsk.

Avangard won game 1 by a score of 6-3.Konstantin did not pick up any offensive numbers in this game but did get a 2 minute penalty.

September 23rd.Game 2 was another victory for the Avangard Hawks.They won by a score of 5-0.This time Konstantin made himself more of a factor in this one.He scored the first goal of the game 7 minutes into the 2nd period.He then picked up an assist on another goal scored a minute later.He finished his night of dominance by picking up another assist on his teams 4th goal 8 minutes into the 3rd period.

Konstantin's next action will be another 2 game series versus University on September 25th and 26th.

David A. Rainer
09-24-2003, 04:13 PM
On an unrelated note, Shefer has been skating on offense for Severstal (as opposed to defense which he had been tinkering with).

Old Hickory
09-24-2003, 04:58 PM
On an unrelated note, Shefer has been skating on offense for Severstal (as opposed to defense which he had been tinkering with).
What kind of numbers has he been putting up?

David A. Rainer
09-24-2003, 05:16 PM
The RSL season is only 4 games old right now. No points so far (I think) but he did get a 10 min GM last game for checking some guy in the head. He's been playing on the 4th line.

FYI - all this info is coming from russianprospects.com

Captain Ron
09-24-2003, 06:08 PM
The RSL season is only 4 games old right now. No points so far (I think) but he did get a 10 min GM last game for checking some guy in the head. He's been playing on the 4th line.

FYI - all this info is coming from russianprospects.com

Andrei's team - Severstal isnt doing too good this year.
After 6 games his team has 2 wins and 4 losses.
Andrei has only played in 3 of those games and has no points and 12 penalty minutes which he got in a game last week Sept. 17th vs. Metallurg Magnitogorsk.

Oh and by the way he is listed as a Defenseman.

David A. Rainer
09-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Oh and by the way he is listed as a Defenseman.

I don't doubt it. But the two games I read about that he was in, he was skating on the 4th line.

agentfouser
09-24-2003, 07:19 PM
As some of you may already know I am a student of the Russian language.This skill helps when browsing some of the Russian Super League sites.

I have decided to use my skill to keep others up to date on our "rooskie" talent.This thread will be devoted to Konstantin Pushkarev and I will try to keep the rest of you updated on his progress and accomplishments.

September 22nd was the beginning of the season for Avangard VDV (the farm club of Avangard Omsk).They started with a 2 game series with Mechel-2 of Chelyabinsk.

Avangard won game 1 by a score of 6-3.Konstantin did not pick up any offensive numbers in this game but did get a 2 minute penalty.

September 23rd.Game 2 was another victory for the Avangard Hawks.They won by a score of 5-0.This time Konstantin made himself more of a factor in this one.He scored the first goal of the game 7 minutes into the 2nd period.He then picked up an assist on another goal scored a minute later.He finished his night of dominance by picking up another assist on his teams 4th goal 8 minutes into the 3rd period.

Konstantin's next action will be another 2 game series versus University on September 25th and 26th.

hey spongebob, you kick butt. keep up the outstanding work.

Captain Ron
09-24-2003, 07:20 PM
I don't doubt it. But the two games I read about that he was in, he was skating on the 4th line.

Unfortunately for the Kings a guy who is the 5-6 defenseman/4th line forward, who has no points, playing on a team that is ranked 13th out of 16 is not very promising as a future player. :mad:

jfont
09-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately for the Kings a guy who is the 5-6 defenseman/4th line forward, who has no points, playing on a team that is ranked 13th out of 16 is not very promising as a future player. :mad:
so who's the joker that picked him in the 2nd round in the first place??? :mad:

IGM
09-25-2003, 07:46 AM
Thanks for doing this SB. You save me the time of going through rsp.com AND we get a translator to boot. Think you can add the Anshankov notes while you are at it?

Captain Ron
09-25-2003, 03:21 PM
September 25th,

Today was the 1st of a 2 game series for the Avangard "Hawks" vs team University from Orenburg.

University was victorious by a score of 3-2.Unfortunately for Pushkarev fans he wasn't able to help his team in the victory this time and was held scoreless.

Game-2 will be played tomorrow.

Maybe a little good news about 1 of our "ROOSKIE" rookies.
Mikael Lyobushin played his first game for Dynamo Moscow today and registered an assist in his teams 6-3 victory over Khimik of Voskresinck.

Captain Ron
09-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Thanks for doing this SB. You save me the time of going through rsp.com AND we get a translator to boot. Think you can add the Anshankov notes while you are at it?

I wanted to make a separate "unofficial ANSHAKOV thread" as well.But, unfortunately for him and all of us he is still recovering from an injury he suffered a month ago.I will keep you up to date on any news I dig up though.

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 03:28 PM
I wanted to make a separate "unofficial ANSHAKOV thread" as well.But, unfortunately for him and all of us he is still recovering from an injury he suffered a month ago.I will keep you up to date on any news I dig up though.

I may be able to help. I'm going to hijack this thread and turn it into something. If you don't like it, let me know and I'll change it back.

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 03:30 PM
There, now everyone can post everything they hear about the Kings russian prospects. I think I'm going to do that for out Swedish, OHL, and NCAA prospects as well.

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Post every and all updates you hear/read regarding the Kings' Swedish prospects throughout the season here.

Karlsson, Jens - Frolunda (SEL)
Eriksson, Tim - Linkoping (SEL)
Mantyla, Tuukka - Lulea (SEL)
Johansson, Daniel - Växjö (Swe-2)
Simons, Mikael - Mora (Swe-2)

I think I got everyone.

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Karlsson got an assist in his team's 6-2 win over Lulea. Mantyla had a goal in that game, his first in the SEL.

jfont
09-25-2003, 04:04 PM
I may be able to help. I'm going to hijack this thread and turn it into something. If you don't like it, let me know and I'll change it back.
excellent idea dfa...

as far as the russian league, aren't there an upper tier and a lower tier league?

are all our prospects in the upper league? seems like they're scoring alot in the upper league if they are. contrary to what i've read before...

jfont
09-25-2003, 04:06 PM
what line is jens playing in? i remember he was languishing these last couple of years in the 3rd or 4th lines...

Captain Ron
09-25-2003, 04:21 PM

I like it....just remember to use your mod powers for good and not evil. :joker:

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 04:26 PM
excellent idea dfa...

as far as the russian league, aren't there an upper tier and a lower tier league?

are all our prospects in the upper league? seems like they're scoring alot in the upper league if they are. contrary to what i've read before...

Russia uses the promotion method between its leagues (from top to bottom): Russian Super League (RSL), the Russian Upper League (RUL), and the Russian Farm leagues (Rus Farm)

Some are in the RUL (Pushkarev and Anshakov) while the rest are in the RSL.

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 04:31 PM
what line is jens playing in? i remember he was languishing these last couple of years in the 3rd or 4th lines...

Don't know, yet. He had an assist on Magnus Kahnberg's goal (one of the top snipers in the league) so he's at least seeing some quality ice-time.

Captain Ron
09-25-2003, 04:31 PM
excellent idea dfa...

Kings prospects from Russia
Player Team League

Sergei Anshakov CSKA-Moscow Superleague
Andrei Shefer Severstal-Cherpovets Superleague
Mikael Lyubushin Dynamo-Moscow Superleague
Evgeny Federov Ak Bars-Kazan Superleague
Konstantin Pushkarev Avangard-KGK 1st League(Farm Club)

Pushkarev is the only one not in the Superleague yet but he is still pretty young.

Captain Ron
09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Russia uses the promotion method between its leagues (from top to bottom): Russian Super League (RSL), the Russian Upper League (RUL), and the Russian Farm leagues (Rus Farm)

Some are in the RUL (Pushkarev and Anshakov) while the rest are in the RSL.

Anshakov is actually on the RSL roster but is not playing because of injury.I expect he will rehab with CSKA-2 though.

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 04:35 PM
Anshakov is actually on the RSL roster but is not playing because of injury.I expect he will rehab with CSKA-2 though.

I thought he was sent down to CSKA-2 before his groin injury. So I labelled him as RUL. But he spent last season in the RSL so it can go either way.

Captain Ron
09-25-2003, 04:43 PM
I thought he was sent down to CSKA-2 before his groin injury. So I labelled him as RUL. But he spent last season in the RSL so it can go either way.

He was called up a week before he joined the U20 team.He was doing well with the national team in some exhibition games (as stated in an earlier post).His U20 team was preparing for the 4 team tournamnt in Finland when he injured his groin.He has not played since then.

jfont
09-25-2003, 04:48 PM
I like it....just remember to use your mod powers for good and not evil. :joker:
of course he will...he's a lawyer for heaven's sake. ;)

Captain Ron
09-25-2003, 05:00 PM

The Frolunda Indians site has him listed as the Left Winger on the 3rd line.Here is there lineup...

1st Line----Kallio...Johnson...Andersson.........1st D-pairing---Sundin...Niemi

2nd Line----Kahnberg...Lundqvist...Tolsa.........2nd D-pairing---Ackestrom...Eronen

3rd Line----Karlsson...Steen...Esbjors.............3rd D-pairing---Kakko...Alvaara

4th Line----Eriksson...Johansson...Strom.........7th D-man---Leetma

agentfouser
09-25-2003, 11:28 PM
how good is frolunda? is jens trying to get icetime on a first-place team?

StianM
09-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Frölunda is probably SEL's best team, and predicted by practically everyone to win this year...as they did last year to!

Captain Ron
09-26-2003, 05:08 PM
September 26th,

Game 2 for Avangard VDV vs. University of Orenburg.The Hawks rebound from a loss yesterday to this same team.The final score was 3-1.

Konstantin Pushkarev was the first star of the game by scoring a pair for his team.He scored the first goal of the game 9 minutes into the 1st period.He also scored the Hawks third goal 15 minutes into the second period.

In 4 games Pushkarev already has 3 goals and 2 assists to lead his team.If he can continue at this pace he will probably get a chance to play for Avangard Omsk in the RSL later this year.

David A. Rainer
09-26-2003, 05:32 PM
of course he will...he's a lawyer for heaven's sake. ;)

I'm beyond "good" and "evil". I am the OVER-MOD!

:lol:

Spiffy
09-28-2003, 05:35 AM
I think Frölunda will win this year also. But it will be tighter, almost every team has improved pretty much.

Captain Ron
09-29-2003, 01:07 AM
September 27th

Although he wasn't on the scoresheet Tuukka Mantyla was the #1 star for his team in a 2-1 win over Timra.

Daniel Johansson has 1 goal and 1 assist in 5 games for the Vaxjo Lakers.

Mikael Simons has 2 goals and 1 assist in 5 games for Mora IK.

Predatore
09-29-2003, 06:39 AM
I'm surprised you guys consider Simons a prospect still. He is 25 years old and an average 2nd-tier league player :)

Johansson is also a real long-shot.. however I really like Jens Karlsson and Tim Eriksson. Karlsson looks like a NHLer for sure, I'm still not sure if he'll be a second line scorer or a 3rd,4th-line agitator though.

He has an excellent shot and it is a shame he hasn't improved his scoring touch in the SEL yet.

Eriksson would have star potential if he'd be any bigger. Very spectacular and fun player to watch.

David A. Rainer
09-29-2003, 08:41 AM
I'm surprised you guys consider Simons a prospect still. He is 25 years old and an average 2nd-tier league player :)

We couldn't start a thread with just 2 players. So I threw everyone in there that I could think of, with the exception of Magnus Wernblom because he's 30 something and everyone knows he'll never leave Sweden.

TWS
09-29-2003, 11:59 AM
So, is Pushkarev playing in the Russian Upper League or the Farm team?

Captain Ron
09-29-2003, 12:26 PM
So, is Pushkarev playing in the Russian Upper League or the Farm team?

He is officially in the 1st League-Ural/Upper Siberia Region.A development league.

The team he plays for (Avangard VDV) is the "Farm Team" of Avangard Omsk.It is more beneficial for him to play here because SuperLeague teams look for talent from their farm clubs before going to UpperLeague teams.They also already have contracts with the players in their farm clubs.

Omsk has been doing poorly as of late and may look to inject some fresh talent into the lineup.That along with Pushkarev's good start makes him a prime candidate for being called up soon.

Jungle Boy
09-29-2003, 08:16 PM
He is officially in the 1st League-Ural/Upper Siberia Region.A development league.

The team he plays for (Avangard VDV) is the "Farm Team" of Avangard Omsk.It is more beneficial for him to play here because SuperLeague teams look for talent from their farm clubs before going to UpperLeague teams.They also already have contracts with the players in their farm clubs.

Omsk has been doing poorly as of late and may look to inject some fresh talent into the lineup.That along with Pushkarev's good start makes him a prime candidate for being called up soon.

that is great! we can't forget that this is Pushkarev first year in Russia and he still getting used to his new life. he is far away from home but he's already scoring. I believe that this kid will be great.

David A. Rainer
09-30-2003, 10:03 AM
The newest Top 100 Prospects from www.eliteprospects.com is out.

Karlsson: #21
Eriksson: #53
Johansson: #93

David A. Rainer
09-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Yevgeny Fedorov got another assist last night in Kazan's 4-3 win. he now has 2 assists on the young season.

IGM
09-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Push certainly is proving to be a very flashy sniper so far. I read that he is also giving his oponents trouble on the ice with his "hard nosed style of play". I think Anshankov is doing great. Allot of people have taken the out of sight out of mind attitude towards him and will be suprised with what he does this year in my opinion.

Captain Ron
09-30-2003, 05:06 PM
September 30th,

Jens Karlsson assisted on a goal for Frolunda but the Indians still lost to Timra lk 4-3.

no name
10-01-2003, 05:53 PM
Push certainly is proving to be a very flashy sniper so far. I read that he is also giving his oponents trouble on the ice with his "hard nosed style of play". I think Anshankov is doing great. Allot of people have taken the out of sight out of mind attitude towards him and will be suprised with what he does this year in my opinion.

Did anyone notice that THN has rated Anshankov was rated the 88th best prospect in hockey?

palffytofrovlov
10-02-2003, 02:51 PM
thats 2 assist for Jens in 2 games!!!

Captain Ron
10-02-2003, 05:29 PM
September 30th,

Sergei Anshakov returned to the ice on tuesday.He played his 1st game of the season with his RSL team CSKA Moscow.CSKA skated to a 4-4 tie with Lokamotiv Yaroslavl.Sergei was probably given limited ice-time to test his injury (my speculation) and had no points in the game.

October 2nd,

Sergei Anshakov was a 1 man show in CSKA's 3-1 defeat of Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod.He was a factor in all three of his teams goals tonight.He picked up a goal and 2 assists in just his second game back from a groin injury.Way to go Sergei. :yo:

P.S. Just anither little piece of information to get Kings fans excited.

Sergei Anshakov has 1 goal and 2 assists in 2 games for CSKA.
Team-mate Nikolai Zherdev has 1 goal and 2 assists in 10 games for CSKA.In my opinion that means that either Anshakov is underrated or Zherdev is overrated.Your thoughts?

MOOSE55
10-02-2003, 05:39 PM
September 30th,

Sergei Anshakov returned to the ice on tuesday.He played his 1st game of the season with his RSL team CSKA Moscow.CSKA skated to a 4-4 tie with Lokamotiv Yaroslavl.Sergei was probably given limited ice-time to test his injury (my speculation) and had no points in the game.

October 2nd,

Sergei Anshakov was a 1 man show in CSKA's 3-1 defeat of Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod.He was a factor in all three of his teams goals tonight.He picked up a goal and 2 assists in just his second game back from a groin injury.Way to go Sergei. :yo:

P.S. Just anither little piece of information to get Kings fans excited.

Team-mate Nikolai Zherdev has 1 goal and 2 assists in 10 games for CSKA.In my opinion that means that either Anshakov is underrated or Zherdev is overrated.Your thoughts?

He's always had superstar skills......he's just learning to use them now.....I think people will know his name after this season.....The Forcaster has hime as "star potential", if he keeps putting up those #'s then I have no reason to doubt him

KingPurpleDinosaur
10-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Did anyone notice that THN has rated Anshankov was rated the 88th best prospect in hockey?

if he's the 88th best... and he's ranked 12 in the kings prospects...

MAN WE GOT SOME SUPER DEPTH!!!! :yo:

Sam
10-02-2003, 06:16 PM
Did anyone notice that THN has rated Anshankov was rated the 88th best prospect in hockey?Are you sure it was THN? THN's Future Watch ranks the top 50 and also the ten honorable mentions, but I don't remember seeing a top 100 list from THN. McKeens had Anshakov rated as the 85th best prospect, our sixth highest prospect on the list. Perhaps you were thinking of them.

Great news about Anshakov.

zeppelin97
10-02-2003, 06:28 PM

It could be ice time. i heard zherdev is getting 4th line duty with kostitsyn over on the habs board.

Edit: the habs board is reporting kastitsyn was demoted to the 2nd tier league.

Captain Ron
10-02-2003, 06:44 PM
It could be ice time. i heard zherdev is getting 4th line duty with kostitsyn over on the habs board.

That is my point, why would you give a guy coming off of an injury more ice time than your "Star" player? Unless Tikonov has more confidence in Anshakov than Zherdev.

Also if you guys want to keep up to date on the Kings "Russian Prospects" stats I will be updating them on page 1 of this thread as often as I can.

no name
10-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Are you sure it was THN? THN's Future Watch ranks the top 50 and also the ten honorable mentions, but I don't remember seeing a top 100 list from THN. McKeens had Anshakov rated as the 85th best prospect, our sixth highest prospect on the list. Perhaps you were thinking of them.

Great news about Anshakov.

You are right. Thanks for the clarification. He is 3 ahead of Kanko who is rated 88.

Sam
10-02-2003, 07:10 PM
That is my point, why would you give a guy coming off of an injury more ice time than your "Star" player? Unless Tikonov has more confidence in Anshakov than Zherdev.Perhaps CSKA is angry that Zherdev signed a contract with Columbus :dunno:.

Captain Ron
10-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Perhaps CSKA is angry that Zherdev signed a contract with Columbus :dunno:.

I was thinking that could be a good possibility.I was also thinking that maybe he is playing less-than-stellar hockey to get CSKA to release him and instead they just cut his ice time to teach him a lesson.

lakingsfan
10-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, do any of you actually watch some of these Russian league games? or just getting info from stats on the internet?

I think some people read a bit too much into what they see in the boxscore. It's really hard to make much of a prediction about a hockey player having not seen him play but just seeing boxscores. I'm not saying they're meaningless, 5 goals in 5 games is impressive no matter what, but projecting how a player will be in the NHL and how he is better than someone else based just on boxscores..... I don't know I just don't think that's all that meaningful.

I don't mean to step on any toes here by the way, thats just my thoughts.

If any of you DO watch these games, I'd love to read your thoughts.

Captain Ron
10-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, do any of you actually watch some of these Russian league games? or just getting info from stats on the internet?

I think some people read a bit too much into what they see in the boxscore. It's really hard to make much of a prediction about a hockey player having not seen him play but just seeing boxscores. I'm not saying they're meaningless, 5 goals in 5 games is impressive no matter what, but projecting how a player will be in the NHL and how he is better than someone else based just on boxscores..... I don't know I just don't think that's all that meaningful.

I don't mean to step on any toes here by the way, thats just my thoughts.

If any of you DO watch these games, I'd love to read your thoughts.

My information comes from box scores and Russian news articles.Currently I have no way to watch any of the games (wish I could) so I am basing all of my opinions on stats and Russian sports reporters.

zeppelin97
10-02-2003, 08:08 PM
That is my point, why would you give a guy coming off of an injury more ice time than your "Star" player? Unless Tikonov has more confidence in Anshakov than Zherdev.

The russian super league is also regarded as the 2nd best hockey league after the NHL. From what i have read from other posts, rookies get a raw deal for disappearing and a showing a lack of commitment (i don't know zherdev situation so i'm just speaking generally here).

The NHL is the same with their rookies. Kinda like a certain russian rookie for the kings who was sat in favor of the offensive machine known as craig johnson.

Sam
10-05-2003, 06:53 AM
Anshakov had a goal today, giving him two goals and two assists in three games played.

Also looks like Pushkarev made his SuperLeague debut. Didn't have any points though. (just looking at the box scores; have to wait for Spongebob for a more detailed look at the games)

Captain Ron
10-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Anshakov had a goal today, giving him two goals and two assists in three games played.

Also looks like Pushkarev made his SuperLeague debut. Didn't have any points though. (just looking at the box scores; have to wait for Spongebob for a more detailed look at the games)

October 5th,

It looks like Sam reported on some of todays highlights.Unfortunately
the game write-ups will not come out until later today so box scores will be the source of this update.

Sergei Anshakov did score his 2nd in CSKA's 5-3 victory over Severstal.Unfortunately for me so did Zherdev so they are still tied in points. :) Andrei Shefer was again no-where to be found for Severstal.

Konstantin Pushkarev did make his season debut for Avangard but as goes with rookies was probably given limited ice-time in this defensive battle.Lokomotive scored the only goal of the game halfway through the 3rd period.Lets hope he sticks with the team.

Mikael Lyubushin actually got to see some ice tonight in Dynamo's 1-1 tie with Metallurg-Novokuznetsk.Considering he is a defenseman I guess he did his job tonight.

Evgeni Federov scored the game winning goal in Ak Bars 2-1 win over Lada Toliatti.Way to go Federov. :handclap:

I will update these players stats on page 1 of this thread.

Captain Ron
10-07-2003, 11:13 AM
October 7

Today was just not a good day for Kings prospects in the RSL.

Today was Pushkarev's 2nd game for Avangard Omsk.Although he failed to show up on the scoresheet his team did score twice in the final 3 minutes to escape with a 3-3 tie with Torpedo.

Sergei Anshakov was also blanked on the scoresheet today in CSKA's 3-1 loss to SKA.

Andrei Shefer picked up another 2 minute penalty in his teams 3-0 win today over Amur.

Evgeni Federov also had a quiet night in his teams 4-2 loss to Salavat Yuliev.

Mikael Lyubushin was once again able to see some icetime in Dynamo's 4-0 win over Siberia.No points or penalties for Mikael.

Hey both of our defensemen prospects played on teams that had shutouts.There is something positive. :yo:

Next games are scheduled for the 10th.

Captain Ron
10-07-2003, 11:43 AM
October 7

Karlsson and Mantyla were held scoreless tonight in their teams losses but Tim Eriksson had a big night in his teams 7-2 victory as stated in this write up courtesey of Eliteprospects.com

"The technically skilled Tim Eriksson was scoreless before tonight's game but when Linköping defeated Brynäs 7-2 he had a huge game registering three assists. Eriksson is drafted by the Los Angeles Kings but he is of smallish stature so a future for him in the NHL is uncertain".

Lets hope he is just getting started. :handclap:

David A. Rainer
10-09-2003, 08:17 PM
Oct. 9

Jens Karlsson tallied another assist in Frolunda's 5-4 overtime loss.

Tim Eriksson scored for the first time this season for Linkoping while skating on the third line. He now has 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 2 games.

Captain Ron
10-10-2003, 10:14 AM
October 10th

The Kings RSL prospects had a pretty good day today.

Konstantin Pushakarev scored his 1st career goal in the RSL in a 3-3 tie with Severstal today. :handclap: Andrei Shefer was a non-factor in the game.

Evgeni Federov had a goal and an assist in Ak Bars 3 goal 1st period.They went on to win the game 5-1. :yo:

Anshakov and Lyubushin's tams don't play until tomorrow.I will report on their games then.

Qubax
10-10-2003, 10:35 AM
So pUshkarov has been called up then right Spongebob...?

Also what kind of point totals in this league are realistic for Pushkarov...is it low scoring league...?

Like if he gets like 20 points in 50 games is that good in this league...?

David A. Rainer
10-10-2003, 10:58 AM

Also what kind of point totals in this league are realistic for Pushkarov...is it low scoring league...?

The point leaders in the RSL traditionally score at about a point a game pace. Former Kings prospect Tomas Vlasak lead the RSL last season with 44 points in 45 games.

However, 20 points in 50 games for a player of Pushkarev's age (18) in the RSL is remarkable. To put it in prospective, at the age of 18, Frolov had 39 points, Grigorenko had 15, and Chistov had 0 (in 9 games) playing in the RSL.

Big Kov
10-10-2003, 11:34 AM
thx spongbob...keep it up the good work.(thx for answering my pm too, i was antcy that day!).
Keep it coming Push!
U too Anshakov!

btw. to be fair to Push, when Frolov was 18, he did have 39pts but that was in RUL. He had 29pts in 39gms in the RSL the following year when he was 19. :p . If im wrong u can correct me! :)

David A. Rainer
10-10-2003, 12:42 PM
btw. to be fair to Push, when Frolov was 18, he did have 39pts but that was in RUL. He had 29pts in 39gms in the RSL the following year when he was 19. :p . If im wrong u can correct me! :)

Linky (http://www.russianprospects.com/profile.php?player_id=179)

Russianprospects.com had him playing with Moscow in the RSL during the 2000-01 season.

Captain Ron
10-10-2003, 12:44 PM

I think with Pushkarev it becomes an issue of "Does he make the most out of the time he is given"?If he is only playing 5 minutes a game but dominates the ice for those 5 minutes then he will earn more ice-time.

The fact that he scored a goal with his limited ice-time will make the coach consider increasing his playing time.In Pushkarev's favor right now is the fact that Avangard needs some offensive forwards.Tverdovski leads the team in goals with 5.If Pushkarev can prove that he can put the puck in the net I could see him on Avangards 1st line by seasons end.

Here is a quote from Avangard's head coach, Sergei Gersonski, in a post game press conference.

Reporter-"Evaluate the play of Pushkarev."

Gersonski-"You all could see perfectly, good movement,aims for goal, thirsts for conflict, self-efficient."

I assume the coach liked his performance this game.

Big Kov
10-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Linky (http://www.russianprospects.com/profile.php?player_id=179)

Russianprospects.com had him playing with Moscow in the RSL during the 2000-01 season.

actually thats a mistake i believe. He was w/ the Soviet Wing is the Russia 2 league, and then thx the Frolov, they made it to the SUper league for the next year.

http://www.joyofhockey.com/LA1AlexanderFrolov.html

Captain Ron
10-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Actually DFA.....Big Kov is right.In 00-01 the Soviet Wings were part of the High league.The next year the RSL expanded to 18 teams and the Soviet Wings were added to the RSL.This season the RSL went back to 16 teams and the Soviet Wings are now a High League team once again.

David A. Rainer
10-10-2003, 05:12 PM
I don't know if it's right or not. I'm just going by what it says.

Captain Ron
10-10-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't know if it's right or not. I'm just going by what it says.

Hey don't worry about it too much.We won't hold it against you. :rolleyes:

Big Kov
10-11-2003, 07:07 AM
Hey don't worry about it too much.We won't hold it against you. :rolleyes:

:joker:

i cant wait till some asks Push his game style and he replies w/: " I dont know. I just score goals." :bow: :D

Captain Ron
10-11-2003, 08:07 AM
Evgeni Federov had a goal and an assist in Ak Bars 3 goal 1st period.They went on to win the game 5-1. :yo:

UPDATE:I read Sports Express today a found out that Evgeni Federov was named the 1st star of this game. :handclap:

Captain Ron
10-11-2003, 08:12 AM
October 11th

Sergei Anshakov was not on the score sheet in his teams 1-0 win today over Amur.

Mikael Lyubushin was again pretty quiet in Dynamo's 3-2 OT victory against Metallurg MG.(Ovechkin scored his 5th of the season though.)

Next games will be tomorrow.

Captain Ron
10-12-2003, 09:38 AM
October 12

Evgeni Federov has turned into an offensive force.He scored 2 goals and added an assist in Ak Bars 7-1 victory over Torpedo.He has scored 3 goals and added 2 assists in the last 2 games.He is now tied for 16th in the league in total scoring and tied for 18th in the league in goals.Not too shabby. :handclap:

Andrei Shefer was held off the scoresheet again Severstal's 4-2 victory over Himik.

Konstantin Pushkarev did not contribute on the scoresheet in Avangard's 4-4 tie with SKA.

P.S. Federov was second star in his game tonight.

Haute Couture
10-14-2003, 12:34 PM
Interesting.. BTW, Sponge, delete the last letter in the word "russkiy" on your avatar.. Then it'd be perfect :).

Captain Ron
10-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Interesting.. BTW, Sponge, delete the last letter in the word "russkiy" on your avatar.. Then it'd be perfect :).

Your right, thanks.

Captain Ron
10-14-2003, 04:58 PM
October 14

Jens Karlsson got another assist in Frolunda's 5-4 victory today.

Capn Brown
10-15-2003, 08:55 AM
Karlsson is a -4!

:-( :. .:.: .:. :..:. :.:. .:.:.:. .. :.

Captain Ron
10-15-2003, 06:18 PM
October 15th

The Kings Russian prospects had another quiet night tonight.Not really anything of note to mention.

My next update will be after the games on October 17th.

Captain Ron
10-17-2003, 06:02 PM
October 17th

Tonight was another quiet night for the King's Russian pospects.

My next update will be on October 20th.

David A. Rainer
10-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Karlsson had a pair of assists last night.

Season Totals
Karlsson: 12gp, 0g, 6a, 6pts
Eriksson: 12gp, 1g, 4a, 5pts
Mantyla: 11gp, 0g, 1a, 1pts

IGM
10-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Hey Mods, how about a sticky. They get updated as the stats become available. I know we need the room so that we can have more of those great "WHEN WILL DEADER AND ALLY COME BACK" threads but could you please indulge us losers who are into learing about how are teams prospects are doing here at Hockey's Future Dot Com?

IGM
10-22-2003, 01:10 PM
I thought Karlson had a goal earlier this year?

David A. Rainer
10-22-2003, 02:16 PM
I thought Karlson had a goal earlier this year?

I don't remember a goal. These stats are straight from eliteprospects.com, so if there is an error, blame them. ;)

palffytofrovlov
10-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Is Karlsson becoming a playmaker?? jk but how is he playing, it looks like he is getting more involved in the offense. But is he still the SOB the Kings need??? with the offensive touch???

Captain Ron
10-22-2003, 05:03 PM
October 22nd

Who would have thought that of all people Evgeni Federov would be our best Russian prospect so far this season.Tonight Federov scored his 5th goal of the season and was named the games #1 star in Ak Bars 3-1 win over Amur.

Sergei Anshakov seems to be having a hard time recapturing the fire he had in his first 2 games back from his injury.He picked up a 2 minute penalty in CSKA's 4-1 win over Neftekhimik and nothing more.

Mikael Lyubushin and Andrei Shefer continue their mediocre performances for their respective teams.Doing just enough to not ride the pine.

Avangard Omsk was not satisfied with Konstantin Pushkarev's overall performance since being called up so he was sent back down to the farm club a few days ago.Hopefully the increase in ice-time will do him good.

To view these players updated stats please check out page 1 of this thread.

Next games are schedules for the 25th.

IGM
10-23-2003, 06:55 AM
Thanks again SB!

IGM
10-23-2003, 06:56 AM
He sure gets noticed as an SOB allot in the pubs that follow his league.

Tadite
10-25-2003, 01:02 PM
He sure gets noticed as an SOB allot in the pubs that follow his league.

good sign. I can live with a real tough SOB.

Capn Brown
10-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Well, the dude's a Scorpio so, yes, high probability of SOBness being apparent......

Captain Ron
10-25-2003, 07:13 PM
October 25

Andrei Shefer scored a goal.That's right I said Andrei Shefer.And guess what?He had an assist too.Unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep Severstal from losing 4-2 to Dynamo Moscow.Andrei also earned 3rd star honors in the game.

None of the Kings other prospects were productive today.

My next update will be October 27th.

Captain Ron
10-27-2003, 02:12 PM
October 27

Mikael Lyubushin scored his first goal of the season in Dynamo's 4-0 win over SKA. :handclap:

Evgeni Federov scored another goal in Ak Bars 2-0 win over Khimik.Thats #6 on the season.

Sergei Anshakov and Andrei Shefer were held off the scoresheet in their games.

Konstantin Pushkarev now back with Avangard's farm team has a 2 game set against Gazovik on October 28th and 29th.I will try to get some info on his progress if and when I can.

The next RSL games are scheduled for October 30th.

До свидания (until next time)

David A. Rainer
10-27-2003, 03:01 PM
?? ???????? (until next time)

Blasted St. Cyril!

Edit - I guess you can't quote the cyrilic alphabet.

Captain Ron
10-29-2003, 04:02 AM
October 29

Konstantin Pushkarev proves that if you give him the ice-time he will produce.Although he is back with Avangard's farm team he played some great hockey the past 2 days.In a 2 game set against Gazovik he scored 3 goals (2 goals in game #1 and 1 goal in game #2).In a season where he will probably get time on both the parent and farm club it is probably better for his development to keep him off that blasted 4th line.If he keeps producing this way on the farm team maybe they utilize him better in his next call-up.

Next RSL update tomorrow. :)

Old Hickory
10-29-2003, 05:56 AM
October 29

Konstantin Pushkarev proves that if you give him the ice-time he will produce.Although he is back with Avangard's farm team he played some great hockey the past 2 days.In a 2 game set against Gazovik he scored 3 goals (2 goals in game #1 and 1 goal in game #2).In a season where he will probably get time on both the parent and farm club it is probably better for his development to keep him off that blasted 4th line.If he keeps producing this way on the farm team maybe they utilize him better in his next call-up.

Next RSL update tomorrow. :) :handclap: :handclap:

David A. Rainer
10-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Statistical update thru Oct 28

Karlsson, Jens: 14GP, 0G, 6A, 6Pts, 12PIM
Eriksson, Tim: 14GP, 1G, 4A, 5Pts
Tuuka Mantyla: 7GP, 1G, 0A, 1Pts
Daniel Johansson: 2G, 3A, 5Pts
Tommi Hannus: 18GP, 3G, 1A, 4Pts, EV, 8PIM

no name
10-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Jens is sucking so far. Too bad.

jfont
10-30-2003, 05:15 AM
Jens is sucking so far. Too bad.
he's got 6 points in 14 games playing on the 3rd or 4th line...thats not too bad imo.

IGM
10-30-2003, 06:26 AM
I can't wait for JK to come over here and show everyone how bad he "sucks". He is considered one of the toughest young players to play against in the Sel. He wasn't ever going to be a sniper. He was tabbed as a potential power forward with grit and heart that had soft enough hands to help out with O. That is what people said about him before his draft and that is what they are still saying about him. Unfortunately he plays in a league where physical play isn't expected as much as it is tolerated. He is having a hard time moving up his teams depth chart because of it. Of course, he is being told to keep up the rough edge to his game by our Euro scouts as those are the skills that will get him into the NHL. I asked our top scout Mr M about Jens two weeks ago and was told that they are very happy with his developement and that they think he is going to suprise allot of people. I was also told that he stayed back home for another season partly because of the coming CBA. He would rather wait and see how things go with it before coming over. He also is getting to develope at home in a league that has comparable competition to the AHL so there isn't a rush for the kid to come over.

I think that he will be a very good grinding forward for us who will play on the third line but have some top six skills. He is fast and a heavy hitter. He plays on international size rinks right now so his skating will only be faster on our smaller rinks and his coaches and our scouts all seem to think that he has special skills.

I have to believe that we would have heard that he is on the back burner from these guys if he wasn't doing well. We would have heard things like "Whether or not Jens makes it on the Kings is up to him" or stuff like that.

KingPurpleDinosaur
10-30-2003, 08:19 AM
i'm one of the skeptics. if he's a projected 3rd liner, then we already missed the ball. how we oculd jack up on 2 first round picks, i have no idea...

Tadite
10-30-2003, 08:36 AM
i'm one of the skeptics. if he's a projected 3rd liner, then we already missed the ball. how we oculd jack up on 2 first round picks, i have no idea...

Think its a little early to start to worry about this. Steckel is actually having a good year.

And besides does it really matter? With the huge amount of prospects who are starting to really show us that they can be NHL players are we even going to have room for all of them?

mysteryman
10-30-2003, 08:40 AM

Considering the Kings drafting record having a #1st Rd pick end up as a 3rd liner is quite an accomplishment. How many of our 1st rd picks never played a single game?

Even if with our poor drafting record I will always contend the draft is mostly a crap shoot and if you can get a solid player who contributes, even as a 3rd liner, with a first rd pick youve succeeded and should be considered fortunate.

David A. Rainer
10-30-2003, 09:42 AM

Your first round pick isn't going to pan out every single time. Hell, Montreal, the Rangers, and Calgary all have had a ton of 1st round picks never play even a single game in the NHL while Buffalo has done an incredible job at drafting in the 1st round.

David A. Rainer
10-30-2003, 09:53 AM
How many of our 1st rd picks never played a single game?

2 - our first two picks ever in 1967 and 1968 (spanning the years 1967-1996 as 1997 to present is too early to tell). Our problem is that we have a tradition of trading away first round picks. In those 30 years, the Kings have only had 16 1st round picks.

Even if with our poor drafting record I will always contend the draft is mostly a crap shoot and if you can get a solid player who contributes, even as a 3rd liner, with a first rd pick youve succeeded and should be considered fortunate.

I guess it depends upon what you consider a crapshoot. There is a 90% chance that a player drafted in the 1st round will make it to the NHL. That's pretty good. There is a 75% chance that he'll play more than 100 NHL games, a 50% chance he'll play more than 500 games (500 games=a decent, but not great, career), and a 12% chance he'll play more than 1000 games (1000 games=a great career).

(ask kingsjohn about my incredible draft statistic powers)

Sam
10-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Karlsson had a goal and an assist today.

Eriksson and Mantyla each tallied one assist as well.

IGM
10-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Can't be. Didn't you read? He is a bust! Who cares if he has 1 (although i thought I read two tallies but I will defer to our gracious host on the subject. If he says so then good enough for me) goal and 6 assists playing on the third/fourth line. Oh, and Steckle is a bust also. It doesn't matter to me if his coach and our scouts say that he did exactly what they wanted him to do last year and that is really focus on his D play and that at the end of the season he was one of the top defensive forwards in the NCAA. Oh, Jokinen is a bust also. So is Frolov. So is Brown. So is Tambellini. So is Boyle. (even though he is having a great freshman campaign at the number one team in the country in the NCAA's where he is being eased into the game as his coach put it) So is Berg. (he is in the NHL and is the #3 or 4 d man on the Leafs)

I mean, since DT took over I don't see ANY of our first rounders as busts YET. Sure, we don't know if any of them will be superstars yet but I like almost all of them. I still think that in two years (depending on the cba) we will see Steckle and Jens playing great hockey for us and giving us some serious toughness for our checking lines. I think that the rest of them can be anything from busts to stars. There is no way that I or anyone else that posts here though can say that they know better than DT or AL on what will happen with our first rounders at this point in time.

IGM
10-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Too bad they are going to be busts as some of us seem to think. Great job. The definition of bust must have changed wildly over the past few years.

Thanks for the updates. Awsome work.

Captain Ron
10-30-2003, 04:39 PM
October 30

Not really anything impressive to report from the kings prospects in Russia.

Andrei Shefer got a 2 minute penalty in Severstal's 3-1 loss to Salavat Yuliev.

Mikael Lyubushin also had a 2 minute penalty in Dynamo's 3-2 win over Amur.

Sergei Anshakov has been somewhat invisible since his explosive return from his injury.He was again held off the scoresheet in CSKA's embarrassing 8-2 loss to Metallurg Magnitogorsk.

Evgeni Federov, the Kings best Russian prospect so far.Will play his next game tomorrow.I will give you guys an update on his performance when I can.

mysteryman
10-31-2003, 06:30 AM
I guess it depends upon what you consider a crapshoot. There is a 90% chance that a player drafted in the 1st round will make it to the NHL. That's pretty good. There is a 75% chance that he'll play more than 100 NHL games, a 50% chance he'll play more than 500 games (500 games=a decent, but not great, career), and a 12% chance he'll play more than 1000 games (1000 games=a great career).

Do you agree with my assesement that even if a player drafted in the first rd ends up being a solid 3rd liner its still a good thing?

David A. Rainer
10-31-2003, 08:48 AM
Do you agree with my assesement that even if a player drafted in the first rd ends up being a solid 3rd liner its still a good thing?

I guess I'd like to see more out of a first round pick, but it really depends upon the depth of the draft and where you are picking. The Steckel/Karlsson draft was a weak draft (depth-wise) and the Kings were picking towards the end so a 3rd liner out of the draft would probably be about average. Statistically speaking, you have a coin's flip of a chance to do better and unfortunately it appears Taylor came up tails twice in that year (but they are still only 20 years old and might have a long career ahead of them).

Old Hickory
10-31-2003, 11:29 AM
DFA has mad skills :yo:

Captain Ron
10-31-2003, 05:54 PM
October 31

Evgeni Federov was held off the scoresheet today in Ak Bars 2-1 OT win over Neftehimik.

Next update November 1st

Captain Ron
10-31-2003, 06:16 PM
October 31

Tuuka Mantyla registered an assist in Lulea's 3-2 win over Timra.

Jens Karlsson got a goal and an assist in Frolunda's 4-0 win over the MIF Redhawks.

Tim Eriksson got an assist in Linkoping's 2-1 loss to Sodertalje.

Captain Ron
11-01-2003, 08:18 AM
November 1

No King's prospects did anything noteworthy in their games today.

The next RSL games are not scheduled until November 12th.

Captain Ron
11-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey guys,

I have been officially made the stat guy for russianprospects.com.I will be trying to update all Russian stats as much as possible (especially Kings prospects). :D

Sam
11-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Congratulations, Spongebob. I'm sure you will do a great job.

David A. Rainer
11-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Hey guys,

I have been officially made the stat guy for russianprospects.com.I will be trying to update all Russian stats as much as possible (especially Kings prospects). :D

I noticed they added a page where you can see all the stats from last year. See if you can get them to add a page of up-to-date stats for this year.

Captain Ron
11-03-2003, 02:52 PM
I noticed they added a page where you can see all the stats from last year. See if you can get them to add a page of up-to-date stats for this year.

Right now I am updating stats as the season goes.If you click on each individual name you can see updated stats.

David A. Rainer
11-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Right now I am updating stats as the season goes.If you click on each individual name you can see updated stats.

Yay! I see it. :handclap:

mysteryman
11-04-2003, 11:49 AM
I guess I'd like to see more out of a first round pick, but it really depends upon the depth of the draft and where you are picking. The Steckel/Karlsson draft was a weak draft (depth-wise) and the Kings were picking towards the end so a 3rd liner out of the draft would probably be about average. Statistically speaking, you have a coin's flip of a chance to do better and unfortunately it appears Taylor came up tails twice in that year (but they are still only 20 years old and might have a long career ahead of them).

In regards to Steckel...

I read an interview with him where he said he really enjoy the physical rough and tumble style. Even said he liked fighting.

If thats the case I dont think anyone would complain if he could be a Scott Thorton type of player. Solid 3rd liner who fights, plays a physical D, and pitches in with a goal here or there.

jfont
11-04-2003, 12:43 PM
In regards to Steckel...

I read an interview with him where he said he really enjoy the physical rough and tumble style. Even said he liked fighting.

If thats the case I dont think anyone would complain if he could be a Scott Thorton type of player. Solid 3rd liner who fights, plays a physical D, and pitches in with a goal here or there.
i can imagine steckel as a 3rd line center ala joel otto...i can also see karlson and kanko at his wings in the near future maybe..that would be a really tough 3rd line

oh, belanger would be a 2nd line center by then...

no name
11-04-2003, 11:47 PM

Not if Murray has anything to do with it :dunno:

Kollberg
11-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Jens Karlsson is having a solid season so far, 1 goal and 7 assists in 16 games and only 18 pim, don't worry he still plays his regular in your face game and he still is one of the biggest agitators in the league.

He has missed quite a few scoring chances this season and I really hope he can forfill his scoring potential. I would like to see him produce the numbers he does during the playoffs in the regular season but its tough because he doesn't get a lot of pp time and the lw's in the first and second line are both national team players.

I hope Kings will give him a chance to breaktrough in Sweden before bringing him over.

David A. Rainer
11-05-2003, 08:02 AM

And Avery will be a rocket scientist by then.

Kings Fanatic
11-05-2003, 11:26 AM
i can imagine steckel as a 3rd line center ala joel otto...i can also see karlson and kanko at his wings in the near future maybe..that would be a really tough 3rd line

That would be one hell of a third line. Beat the crap out of the other team, play solid defense and still threaten to score. Sounds good to me.

David A. Rainer
11-05-2003, 12:05 PM
That would be one hell of a third line. Beat the crap out of the other team, play solid defense and still threaten to score. Sounds good to me.

No no... Karlsson-Steckel-Anshakov would be the ultimate FSU line. All would be 6'4" or taller and 215lbs or heavier!

jfont
11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
And Avery will be a rocket scientist by then.
before or after discovering the universal theory of gravity...

IGM
11-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Before, he is too busy with the whole string theory mix up to solve that one right now.

eh
11-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Tuukka Mäntylä was invited to the Finnish National Team for the Karjala Cup Tournament as an emergency replacement for Antti-Jussi Niemi who was injured in the game against Russia yesterday. (By Hockey's Future standards, he's no longer a prospect (more than 225 games in an elite league), but I thought you'd like to know anyway...)

Captain Ron
11-08-2003, 04:45 PM
November 8

In a 2 game set vs. Dynamo Energia-2 Konstantin Pushkarev scored 2 goals.He may have some assists too but they haven't been listed yet.Avangard VDV won both games by scoes of 8-0 and 7-1.

Captain Ron
11-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Tuukka Mäntylä was invited to the Finnish National Team for the Karjala Cup Tournament as an emergency replacement for Antti-Jussi Niemi who was injured in the game against Russia yesterday. (By Hockey's Future standards, he's no longer a prospect (more than 225 games in an elite league), but I thought you'd like to know anyway...)

Mantyla had an assist on a goal by Mikko Eloranta in Finland's 5-1 win over the Czech Republic.

Grady41
11-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Mantyla had an assist on a goal by Mikko Eloranta in Finland's 5-1 win over the Czech Republic.

Way to go Eloranta!! I know a lot of people didn't like him but I thought he was a hard working guy who was good in the corners too. They expected way too much when they stuck him on the 1st line last year solid 3/4th line guy IMO

Captain Ron
11-09-2003, 11:30 PM
November 8

While playing for Russia's U-20 team Sergei Anshakov scored a goal and added an assist in a 4-3 O.T. win over Sweden.

IGM
11-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi and thanks again spongebob. There is some speculation that I am someone called ForumBlue or Draft Fan over at LGK and since it was posted in regards to this thread I can only say WOW. I did use to post at LGK as I have said several times but my handle there was Punch Drunk and that was awhile ago. Now when I check in I do it as a visitor so sorry Tubby, I am not any of the people you said I was but I do remember when you were the flamboyant Carlson10 (C10) and I read last week that you are also thought to be Neil as well but I doubt that.

Now, DiamondLbs and I (as Punch Drunk) had quite a few good times back in the rivals days but those days were long ago and LGK is a very awful and childish place to check up on the team nowadays.

Frolov 6'3
11-11-2003, 03:55 AM
There is some speculation that I am someone called Draft Fan over at LGK

My thoughts exactly. You know why ? Your awful long reply's. :)

Captain Ron
11-11-2003, 03:56 AM
November 11

Avangard's farm team played a 2 game set with Molot-2 these last 2 days.In game 1 Omsk got a 2-2 tie.Pushkarev was held scoreless.Omsk won game 2 by a score of 4-1.Konstantin Pushkarev netted a goal and added an assist in the victory.

Tomorrow the RSL will resume their season and I will continue to update the progress of the Kings prospects.

no name
11-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Hi and thanks again spongebob. There is some speculation that I am someone called ForumBlue or Draft Fan over at LGK and since it was posted in regards to this thread I can only say WOW. I did use to post at LGK as I have said several times but my handle there was Punch Drunk and that was awhile ago. Now when I check in I do it as a visitor so sorry Tubby, I am not any of the people you said I was but I do remember when you were the flamboyant Carlson10 (C10) and I read last week that you are also thought to be Neil as well but I doubt that.

Now, DiamondLbs and I (as Punch Drunk) had quite a few good times back in the rivals days but those days were long ago and LGK is a very awful and childish place to check up on the team nowadays.

We are very serious over at LGK. Whoever told you we are childish is a liar and needs to get a life or I'll chop his head off. JK I wont start my ninja act over here.

Captain Ron
11-12-2003, 06:53 PM
November 12

Sergei Anshakov did not play for CSKA today .....reason unknown.

Mikail Lyubushin was benched in Dynamo's game today.

Evgeni Federov was held off the scoresheet because Ak Bars was shutout 3-0 by Metallurg Novokuznets.

Andrei Shefer was a man possessed today as he netted 2 goals in Severstal's 5-3 win over Lokomotiv.

Next RSL action will be November 14

Captain Ron
11-14-2003, 09:30 PM
November 14

RSL update.....

Andrei Shefer was held scoreless in Severstal's 2-1 loss to Torpedo.

Mikail Lyubushin sat the bench for Dynamo.

Sergei Anshakov again did not play for CSKA.He may be sent to CSKA-2 to get him out of his slump.Will keep you updated.

Evgeni Federov was held off the scoresheet in Ak Barr 2-2 tie with Sibir.

Next RSL action will be November 17th.

До Свидания

Captain Ron
11-16-2003, 03:09 PM
November 15

SEL update....

Tuukka Mantyla scored 2 goals to lead Lulea to a 6-2 win over Sodertalje.

Tim Eriksson scored his 3rd goal of the season to help Linkoping to the 4-3 victory over the MIF Redhawks.

Captain Ron
11-17-2003, 03:02 PM
November 17

Russian prospects update....

All of the Kings RSL prospects had lack luster performances today.

Tomorrow Andrei Shefer will play for Severstal and I will hoefully have an update on Konstantin Pushkarev.

До Свидания

Captain Ron
11-18-2003, 08:10 PM
November 18

Russian prospects update.....

Andrei Shefer got an assist on Severstal's only goal in a 2-1 loss to SKA.

Konstantin Pushkarev played a pair against Metallurg-2.Stats have not been made available yet.

Next RSL action is tomorrow.

До Свидания

David A. Rainer
11-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Nov 21

SEL update:

Jens Karlsson had a goal and an assist in Frolunda's 4-1 victory.

Tuuka Mantyla also had a goal and an assist in Lulea's 6-4 victory. After recovering from an earlier injury, Mantyla has really come on of late with 3 goals and an assist in his last 4 games.

Tadite
11-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Nov 21

SEL update:

Jens Karlsson had a goal and an assist in Frolunda's 4-1 victory.

Tuuka Mantyla also had a goal and an assist in Lulea's 6-4 victory. After recovering from an earlier injury, Mantyla has really come on of late with 3 goals and an assist in his last 4 games.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what are Karlssons total points this year? Has he gotten into anymore trouble with the league?

Big Kov
11-21-2003, 05:07 PM
So SPongbob, how did Push do in his double header?

David A. Rainer
11-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what are Karlssons total points this year? Has he gotten into anymore trouble with the league?

Here's the line on Jens:

Karlsson, Jens: 21 GP, 2G, 9A, 11Pts, 20 PIM, 32 SOG, 0 PPP, 0 SHP, +0.

Drastic improvements over last year where he had only 11 Pts all year, over 100 PIMs (obviously cutting down on the stupid penalties), and a terrible +/-.

Captain Ron
11-21-2003, 09:33 PM
So SPongbob, how did Push do in his double header?

Avangard didn't report statistics for the games.I will find them in the next week though.

Capn Brown
11-22-2003, 07:12 PM
It's good to know that Jens is no longer a -4! Much like Grebs in Manchester, Jens started this season on the negative side of that stat and has had to battle back to a respectable + position (I know, I know. a "0" can't be a +, but it sure as hell beats a - !).

Speaking of +/- and Manchester, it's interesting to note that Monarchs captain and defenseman Richard Seeley is a +10, as well as Scott Barney. They share the lead on the club with that stat.

Captain Ron
11-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Here are the King's Russian prospects stats as of November 21st
<table align= center border="4"><tr><th>Player</th><th>RussianTeam</th><th>Games</th><th>Goals</th><th>Assists</th><th>Points</th><th>PIM</th></tr><tr>
<td rowspan=2 align=center>Konstantin Pushkarev</td><td align=center>Avangard VDV (1st League)</td><td align=center>10</td><td align=center>9</td><td align=center>4</td><td align=center>13</td><td align=center>4</td></tr>
<tr><td align=center>Avangard Omsk</td><td align=center>5</td><td align=center>1</td><td align=center>0</td>
<td align=center>1</td><td align=center>0</td><tr>
<td align=center>Sergei Anshakov </td><td align=center>CSKA Moscow</td><td align=center>13</td><td align=center>2</td><td align=center>2</td><td align=center>4</td><td align=center>2</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Evgeni Federov</td><td align=center>Ak Bars Kazan</td><td align=center>23</td><td align=center>6</td><td align=center>4</td>
<td align=center>10</td><td align=center>10</td></tr><tr>
<td align=center>Andrei Shefer<td align=center>Severstal Cherepovets</td><td align=center>19</td><td align=center>3</td><td align=center>2</td><td align=center>5</td><td align=center>32</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Mikhail Lyubushin</td><td align=center>Dynamo Moscow</td><td align=center>11</td><td align=center>1</td><td align=center>1</td>
<td align=center>2</td><td align=center>8</td><tr>
</table>

agentfouser
11-23-2003, 11:08 PM
just to clarify, avangard vdv is the lower-level farm team, and avangard omsk is the super-league team, right?

Captain Ron
11-23-2003, 11:41 PM
just to clarify, avangard vdv is the lower-level farm team, and avangard omsk is the super-league team, right?

Yes , you are correct.If Konstantin was putting up those kind of numbers in the Super League I would put him in the same class as Ovechkin.

Captain Ron
11-30-2003, 12:26 PM
November 30th

RSL updates......

Sorry i haven't posted here in a while.I have been trying to help Evgeniy update and improve Russianprospects.com.So that all hockey fans can trck their favorite Russian players.Nothing big has really happened with the Kings propects anyway.I will try to update more often. :)

Captain Ron
11-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Here are the King's Russian prospects stats as of November 29th
<table align= center border="4"><tr><th>Player</th><th>RussianTeam</th><th>Games</th><th>Goals</th><th>Assists</th><th>Points</th><th>PIM</th></tr><tr>
<td rowspan=2 align=center>Konstantin Pushkarev</td><td align=center>Avangard VDV (1st League)</td><td align=center>14</td><td align=center>11</td><td align=center>6</td><td align=center>17</td><td align=center>36</td></tr>
<tr><td align=center>Avangard Omsk</td><td align=center>5</td><td align=center>1</td><td align=center>0</td>
<td align=center>Sergei Anshakov </td><td align=center>CSKA Moscow</td><td align=center>14</td><td align=center>2</td><td align=center>2</td><td align=center>4</td><td align=center>2</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Evgeni Federov</td><td align=center>Ak Bars Kazan</td><td align=center>26</td><td align=center>6</td><td align=center>4</td>
<td align=center>Andrei Shefer<td align=center>Severstal Cherepovets</td><td align=center>22</td><td align=center>3</td><td align=center>4</td><td align=center>7</td><td align=center>37</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Mikhail Lyubushin</td><td align=center>Dynamo Moscow</td><td align=center>14</td><td align=center>1</td><td align=center>1</td>
<td align=center>2</td><td align=center>10</td><tr>
</table>

Captain Ron
11-30-2003, 12:51 PM
November 30th,

SEL updates....

Tim Eriksson got an assist in Linkopings 2-1 win over Timra.

Tukka Mantyla registered 2 assists in Lulea's 4-3 win over Leksand.

Jens Karlsson was held scoreless in Frolunda's 2-1 win over Brynas.

Captain Ron
11-30-2003, 01:00 PM
SEL stats for Kings Prospects as of November 30th.

<table align= center border="4"><tr><th>Player</th><th>SwedishTeam</th><th>Games</th><th>Goals</th><th>Assists</th><th>Points</th><th></tr><tr>
<td align=center>Jens Karlsson</td><td align=center>Frolunda</td><td align=center>25</td><td align=center>3</td><td align=center>9</td><td align=center>12</td></tr>
<td align=center>Tim Eriksson</td><td align=center>Linkoping</td><td align=center>24</td><td align=center>3</td><td align=center>9</td><td align=center>12</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Tuukka Mantyla</td><td align=center>Lulea</td><td align=center>17</td><td align=center>4</td><td align=center>4</td>
<td align=center>8</td><tr></table>

TWS
11-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Here are the King's Russian prospects stats as of November 29th
<td rowspan=2 align=center>Konstantin Pushkarev</td><td align=center>Avangard VDV (1st League)</td><td align=center>14</td><td align=center>11</td><td align=center>5</td><td align=center>16</td><td align=center>18</td></tr>
<td align=center>Sergei Anshakov </td><td align=center>CSKA Moscow</td><td align=center>14</td><td align=center>2</td><td align=center>2</td><td align=center>4</td><td align=center>2</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Evgeni Federov</td><td align=center>Ak Bars Kazan</td><td align=center>26</td><td align=center>6</td><td align=center>4</td>
<td align=center>Andrei Shefer<td align=center>Severstal Cherepovets</td><td align=center>22</td><td align=center>3</td><td align=center>4</td><td align=center>7</td><td align=center>37</td></tr><tr><td align=center>Mikhail Lyubushin</td><td align=center>Dynamo Moscow</td><td align=center>14</td><td align=center>1</td><td align=center>1</td>
<td align=center>2</td><td align=center>10</td><tr>
</table>
With the trade for Straka it looks like we don't have to have updates on Anshakov anymore because he is a Pens prospect now :cry: .

Capn Brown
11-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Hey think of it this way. Based upon stats, Pushkarev is FOUR TIMES the player Anshakov was, so why cry? Turn that frown upside-down and thank your lucky stars we've still got Push! Now if I can just figure out how to do those awesome smileys, I'd leave you one!

StianM
12-01-2003, 04:08 AM
Hey think of it this way. Based upon stats, Pushkarev is FOUR TIMES the player Anshakov was, so why cry? Turn that frown upside-down and thank your lucky stars we've still got Push! Now if I can just figure out how to do those awesome smileys, I'd leave you one!

Not really... the Pushkarev numbers are from a league two steps below where Anshakov play! Pushkarev has one goal in the Super League...

Frolov
12-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Not really... the Pushkarev numbers are from a league two steps below where Anshakov play! Pushkarev has one goal in the Super League...

Sure but Pushkarev is superior to Anshakov IMO. Pushy has no holes in his games and he has proven he can finish with the best of them. Give him some time and he's gonna out perform all of our prospects. I think this guy has a chance to big a bigger threat then Frolov. I wouldn't trade him for anything right now.

Imagine a line of Frolov-Boyle-Pushkarev 5 years from now. If all of them live up to their potential that line can flat out dominate a game.

Captain Ron
12-01-2003, 05:10 PM
December 1st

Konstantin Pushkarev update....

Today Avangard VDV pummeled Salavat Yulayev-2 in a 10:1 spanking.With that I was hoping that Pushkarev would have had a great game but in reality he only got 1 assist.Oh well......I guess that is better than nothing.He still is 2nd in scoring on his team with 11 goals and 6 assists in 15 games.Game 2 in this match will be played tomorrow.Update to follow....

До свидания.

Captain Ron
12-03-2003, 03:52 PM
December 3rd,

Konstantin Pushkarev update.....

Avangard VDV won game 2 against Metallurg-2 by a score of 6-2.Pushkarev picked up another assist.

I don't know if it should be classified as a slump or not but in the last 3 games Avangard VDV has scored over 20 goals and Pushkarev has only managed 3 assists.He is going to have to do better than that if he wants a return trip to the RSL this season.

I will do an RSL update on the King's other Russian prospects (minus Anshakov of course) tomorrow.

palffytofrovlov
12-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Cant wait to see what Pushkarev does at the WJC??? which start Christmas day!!! :D

Frolov
12-10-2003, 06:40 AM
Cant wait to see what Pushkarev does at the WJC??? which start Christmas day!!! :D

Then you're gonna be dissapointed when I say he's injured and won't play.

palffytofrovlov
12-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I just read that.... DAMN If you are part of the KINGS organization you are going to get hurt Grebeshkov and now him.... :cry:

David A. Rainer
01-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Kings prospect statistical update is up on the front page of the site.

Link (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6560&mode=threaded&order=0)

Capn Brown
01-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Given Karlsson's production this year, there's no way he's playing on either of the top two lines. And that's odd because I was under the impression that this year and next he was to be a top sixer for Frolunda. Is there anyone here that can enlighten me? Thanks!

David A. Rainer
01-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Where the hell is Spongebob? I need my RSL updates. :dunno:

TWS
01-11-2004, 07:36 AM
When is Pushkarev going to play his next game? I heard he had a knee injury and haven't heard about him since. Any help would be nice.

David A. Rainer
01-11-2004, 09:01 AM
When is Pushkarev going to play his next game? I heard he had a knee injury and haven't heard about him since. Any help would be nice.

Knee injury on Dec. 10, 2003. Out 6 to 8 weeks. That would make his return late January to mid February.

TWS
01-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Knee injury on Dec. 10, 2003. Out 6 to 8 weeks. That would make his return late January to mid February.
Thanks. I hope that this injury won't affect his play when he comes back. Go Kings!! and hockey Gods, Please no more injuries!!

Capn Brown
01-15-2004, 10:17 AM
That's 3 more assists for Karlsson giving the lad 15 points (3g, 12a) in 37 games. Not bad at all for a 3rd/4th liner. 15 points is also pretty good when your team's leading scorer has 40. I hope the link works........

http://www.frolundaindians.com/Indianerna/stats/FrameSet.asp?qsStats=Player&qsLeagueID=1&qsPlayOff=False&qsKullID=1

Capn Brown
01-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Another assist for Jens giving him 3g & 13a for 16 points. Uh oh, he's putting up Stumpel numbers! Why can't we find a guy who can put up Nash numbers (that is, more goals than assists)?

no name
01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Another assist for Jens giving him 3g & 13a for 16 points. Uh oh, he's putting up Stumpel numbers! Why can't we find a guy who can put up Nash numbers (that is, more goals than assists)?

You mean a guy who is a puck hog and doesnt look to pass? Nash has 5 assists. I love the guy but that is a silly stat.

Tadite
02-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Anyway we can get an update? We are all curious about the success/falure of our Euro's:).

Thanks

no name
02-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Where is Sponge Bob? Paging Sponge Bob?

Sam
02-29-2004, 09:56 PM
SEL
Eriksson, Tim: 50GP, 10G, 16A, 26Pts, 39PIM
Karlsson, Jens: 50GP, 3G, 13A, 16Pts, 62PIM
Mäntylä, Tuukka: 43GP, 6G, 10A, 16Pts, 67PIM

The SEL playoffs begin tomorrow.
Timrå vs. Linköping
Djurgården vs. Frölunda
Luleå vs. Färjestad

SM-Liiga
Hannus, Tommi: 53GP, 14G, 4A, 18Pts, 18PIM
Juntunen, Henrik: 47GP, 4G, 6A, 10Pts, 16PIM

RSL
Fedorov, Evgeny: 45GP, 7G, 5A, 12Pts, 14PIM
Shefer, Andrei: 49GP, 4G, 5A, 9Pts, 44PIM
Lyubushin, Mikhael: 36GP, 1G, 2A, 3Pts, 18PIM
Puskarev, Konstantin: 5GP, 1G, 0A, 1Pts, 0PIM

Here's russianprospects.com update on Pushkarev, dated 2/21/04.
http://www.russianprospects.com/public/news_content.php?id=1309&PHPSESSID=2b2a3be5e08751e3e014d37253be0d3c
Konstantin Pushkarev (Los Angeles Kings) returned from knee surgery approximately a month ago. The knee injury was not very serious and required only minor surgery and rehabilitation time. However, he is not cracking through Avangard's lineup, instead playing for the club's junior farm team. The club has a hefty task in front of them to win medals and is depending on its veterans to do so. This is quite common, as the club has a couple of locally raised players to fill in the U20 Super League requirement, leaving Pushkarev to play on the second squad.

Capn Brown
03-07-2004, 01:27 PM
In 4 playoff games for Frolunda, Karlsson has 3 goals!

David A. Rainer
03-08-2004, 01:28 AM
In 4 playoff games for Frolunda, Karlsson has 3 goals!

He does it every year come playoff time. :handclap:

Robertsson 4-ever
03-08-2004, 01:33 AM
He does it every year come playoff time. :handclap:

Yeah, he is plays very well in the playoffs, and remember he has got very limited ice-time. He is currently playing on the fourth line, and doesn't play many shifts a game but still is producing.

Sam
03-15-2004, 04:12 PM
http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showfast.html?article=34473
At last Tuesday’s trade deadline, Gilmore said, the Kings got many calls about their young prospects, players he’s “unwilling to move at all.”

The most sought-after youngster? Konstantin Pushkaryov, a 19-year-old, 6-foot, 170-pound center playing his rookie pro season in Russia. Pushkaryov was the Kings’ second-round pick, 44th overall last summer. How extensive is the Kings’ scouting network? Pushkaryov hails from Kazakhstan — not exactly a hockey power.

Frolov 6'3
03-23-2004, 05:45 AM
I read Pushkarev has meanwhile 11 goals and 6 assists in the 1st Liga, so the stats on the front page have to change as quickly as possible. :D

Capn Brown
03-24-2004, 01:32 PM
That's 3 more assists for Karlsson giving the lad 15 points (3g, 12a) in 37 games. Not bad at all for a 3rd/4th liner. 15 points is also pretty good when your team's leading scorer has 40. I hope the link works........

http://www.frolundaindians.com/Indianerna/stats/FrameSet.asp?qsStats=Player&qsLeagueID=1&qsPlayOff=False&qsKullID=1
That's 4 goals in 8 playoff games for Jens. Not bad! Is this guy a Rob Neidermeyer clone?

palffytofrovlov
03-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I dont know but I think he will succeed over here.. I rather have him in the AHL then John I am SORRY TRIPP....

Predatore
03-26-2004, 10:05 AM
I dont know but I think he will succeed over here.. I rather have him in the AHL then John I am SORRY TRIPP....

Jens is playing an important game in the playoffs tonight. He also seems to be quite the fan of Springsteen :)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0403/26/karlsson1.jpg

jfont
03-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Jens is playing an important game in the playoffs tonight. He also seems to be quite the fan of Springsteen :)

baby we were born to ruuuuuuunnnnnn.... :rolly:

Old Hickory
03-31-2004, 08:47 AM
You can't start a fire without a spark..........

Tadite
03-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Sam has done a great job all year helping us get all these stats so I thought I would help him out now that most of the Euro Playoffs are getting close to being over. All the stats below the season ending stats are playoffs. Games/Goals/Assits/Points/+-/PIM
SEL
Eriksson, Tim: 50GP, 10G, 16A, 26Pts, 39PIM
5 0 0 0 -3 4
Karlsson, Jens: 50GP, 3G, 13A, 16Pts, 62PIM
10 4 0 4 +5 6
Mäntylä, Tuukka: 43GP, 6G, 10A, 16Pts, 67PIM
Nothing.

SM-Liiga
Hannus, Tommi: 53GP, 14G, 4A, 18Pts, 18PIM
Nothing
Juntunen, Henrik: 47GP, 4G, 6A, 10Pts, 16PIM
Nothing

RSL (Eurohockey has not updated RSL yet and Russianprospects is down)
Fedorov, Evgeny: 45GP, 7G, 5A, 12Pts, 14PIM
Shefer, Andrei: 55GP, 4G, 6A, 10Pts, 46PIM
Lyubushin, Mikhael: 38GP, 1G, 2A, 3Pts, 18PIM
Puskarev, Konstantin: 5GP, 1G, 0A, 1Pts, 0PIM

GKJ
03-31-2004, 04:51 PM

It's all about Jersey....

David A. Rainer
04-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Seasons are over, except for the RSL which I think has one game left. I'm going to unsticky this.

Capn Brown
04-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Seasons are over, except for the RSL which I think has one game left. I'm going to unsticky this.
Do we know if the Frolunda Indians won anything?

David A. Rainer
04-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Do we know if the Frolunda Indians won anything?

They lost in the semis.

jfont
04-10-2004, 09:47 PM
whatever happened to spongebob?

David A. Rainer
04-10-2004, 11:19 PM
I think the Russian Mob got him.