What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Kings this Season?.........

monkey_00*
09-24-2003, 07:00 PM
I like to visit this Forum from time-to-time just to check up on what the Kings' fans think and have to say about their favorite NHL team...............What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Kings this Season?.........

kingbrath
09-24-2003, 07:51 PM
I like to visit this Forum from time-to-time just to check up on what the Kings' fans think and have to say about their favorite NHL team...............What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Kings this Season?.........

I think we'll get back Gretzky, Granato, Kurri and Mcsorley and make a run for the cup!

Douggy
09-24-2003, 07:59 PM
I think we'll get back Gretzky, Granato, Kurri and Mcsorley and make a run for the cup!
Pfft... Not without Kelly Hrudey in the pipes you won't. :D

KingPurpleDinosaur
09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
1. Huet will surprise a lot of people. I'm calling it now, he will be our "goalie of the future".
2. Corvo won't go to jail and will have a great year.
3. We will be going through an injury stricken season for the first half than snap back into normal.
4. Strbak will make the team and be a solid 6th D
5. Allison will not get fully well until half the season has passed. In which he will regain full status.
6. Deader will not ever regain 100% but will still be a good player, just not 100%.
7. Palffy and Stumpel have a great year.
8. Luc will get 20+ goals.
9. Frolov will get around 20 goals.
10. Klatt will be moved back to the 3rd line.

agentfouser
09-24-2003, 08:53 PM
1. eric belanger will avoid injury and have a breakthrough year. not necessarily points-wise, he'll get 40 to 50, but he will become one of the league's best third line stopper centers. he'll be near the top of the league in short handed goals.
2. esa pirnes will find a spot on the team all year, and score 20 goals.
3. luc scores 25 goals.
4. frolov hits the wall in the first half of the season; following the all star break he manages to push through it, and finishes strongly, with a few more points than last year.
5. allison plays less than 40 games.
6. deadmarsh plays more than 60.
7. gleason gets into a few nhl games, but doesn't do well; he needs another year.
8. grebeshkov plays 60 plus games in the nhl.
9. we will beat the ducks consistantly.
10. we will lose to eastern conference bottom feeders consistantly (atlanta, florida, nyr).

Legionnaire
09-24-2003, 09:35 PM
1.The Kings win the Stanley Cup

Come on, somebody's got to stay blindly positive :p

KingPurpleDinosaur
09-24-2003, 09:52 PM
haha, i should add number 11...

11. Kings will win the cup in THREE years. i know it!

willie
09-25-2003, 03:49 AM
1.The Kings will make the playoffs. Barely.
2.The Kings will lose in the first round. Barely.
3.Palffy will edge out Robitaille for the team lead in goals.
4.Cechmanek will play very good.
5.Huet earns the #2 pivot.
6.Stumpel finishes 2nd in team scoring.
7.Grebeshkov makes AHL All-Rookie Team, plays for LA in playoffs.
8.Strbak busts in North America.
9.Rullier and Seeley play final years in LA organization.
10.Joe Corvo is considered the Kings #1 defenseman by years end.

B-MEL
09-25-2003, 06:44 AM
1. Cechmankek wins the Vezina (then give Clarke the Finger)
2. Deader plays 65 or more games
3. Allison plays in 60 or more games
4. Pallfy leads the league in Goals
5. Stumpel nets 60 assist
6. Kings make a Big Trade in late October/early Nov.
7. Our Power Play is better than last year.
8. Luc get 25 or more goals
9. Kings make it to the Conference Finals, or furthur if Ally and Deader are healthy!!
10. The Monarchs win the Calder Cup

IGM
09-25-2003, 08:39 AM
KPD, I think that what I was going to write is close enough to yours to let you be my own personal spokesman.

1.I have been on the Huet BW since I saw his play in EU. The guy has been great every game he has been in for us (when we had a semi decent team in front of him) and I think that he has legitimate #1 skills.
2. I agree on Corvo, he will be an NHL D man with some O upside and this is the year that he will earn his spot.
3. I still think the injury bug will be a big part of our season and that we will be lucky to get back to normal but as an optomist by nature I would go with your take.
4. I think the Dgreb will make the team and be the top rookie D man in the game this year. I think that IF Strabk makes the team (only ? is due to numbers) that he will be as good as Zizka for the most part but better in front of the net.
5. Allison will be in and out of the line up with injuries for the first half but come the later part of the second half he will be giving 100% again.
6. (no deader part for me) Esa will see spot duty once our team is fully recovered and by the end of the season he will be a nice two way player for us and the best over aged euro rookie in the league. I see his game as a mix of the tenacity of Elo and the scoring of Bednar (only esa is a goal scorer more than a playmaker). A solid third line guy who has the skills to step up and play on the top two lines when we need him to.
7. Palffy/Stumple/Luc will all have great years. (Luc will get his 20 goals for his bonus if not a few more and ZP will have another great season proving that he is one of the top three RW's in the game)
8. Frolov will show why he was so highly thought of prior to coming into last years awful situation and with talented line mates I see him getting 20-25 goals and 25-30 assists for a total of 40 to 55 points. (I think it will be 47 for some reason but I am insane so take it for what it is worth)
9. Our Pk is ranked in the top 6 and our PP is ranked in the 18 to 24 range forcing us to move Boxy. (something I would have done after last season, I like him allot as a person, he is very easy to approach and will talk to you about the flaws in his system but when I asked why he didn't just use the system that Tipps left behind he said that it was time for a shake up. I think that we need to settle things down and go back to the Tipps book)

10. I was living out of state in 93 and had to miss the majority of our games. I was in Kuai for the majority of the playoffs and only got to go to game 7 in TO before the cup run where I was at every game, including the one in Mont where the series turned around for the worse.
I predict that this year we will have a stellar season and make the playoffs. I feel that we will start very slow with a record of something in the neighborhood of 8-14-6 and then I will have to be out of the state for awhile and won't be back until the last 20 or so games. While I am gone we will go on a win streak that will take us into a solid playoff spot.
I predict our season record will be 43-29-7-3 93 for 93 points and that we will earn the 6th or 7th spot.

If anyone wants to contribute to the cause that will keep me out of state longer to ensure that we have a great year send me a PM and we will work it out. In fact, as in 93, the team that I had to watch as it was close to where I lived was supposed to be a cup favorite and they had an awful year, if we all get together we can pick our biggest competition and I will stay there long enough to keep them out of the playoffs!

IGM
09-25-2003, 08:43 AM
96 points. I had the 43 93 thing in my head.

Frolov 6'3
09-25-2003, 09:05 AM
1. eric belanger will avoid injury and have a breakthrough year. not necessarily points-wise, he'll get 40 to 50, but he will become one of the league's best third line stopper centers. he'll be near the top of the league in short handed goals.

What a surprise, your spoilt child. If somebody is asking for a prediction than is Belanger the first player in your mind, isn't it ? ;) Anyhow concur, it's now or never for him and I won't except another 60 games season.

some simple predictions.

1. Yannick Lehoux will play 5-10 NHL games this season.
2. Dallas will not beat the Kings this season.
3. We will reach the 2nd round in the PO.
4. Mike Cammalleri will prove he has more upside than Jared Aulin. 18 goals for him.
5. Lubomir Visnovsky will score the most points of our defensemen. (what a prediction)
6. Lubomir Visnovsky will have a +20 minimal at the end of the season
7. Already said, Martin Strbak will be our #6 defenseman.
8. Zigmund Palffy will score between 90-99 points.
9. Jason Allison will play around 65 games this season.
10.The Kings will win the conference.
11.Alexander Frolov has a irregular season, despite he will reach the 50 points tray because of explosions in mid-season.

nikolai19
09-25-2003, 09:28 AM
1. Cechmanek and Huet will be our goalies. Huet will get 30 games in and have a far better winning percentage than Roman.

2. Allison will play 40 games and get about 40 points. Deadmarsh will play about 50 games and get around 40 points.

3. Palffy will lead our team in points, but Eric Belanger will be our MVP.

4. Cammalleri will come back in December and do medicore before being sent down to Manchester to dominate. Jared Aulin will struggle with injuries the whole year.

5. Robitalle will score 25 goals, Klatt will score 12 but will provide a lot of trouble for the opposing teams

6. Rookies: Grebeshkov will play up and down from Manchester, as will Pirnes.

7. Martin Strbak and Lubo Visnovsky will be our best defensive pairing.

8. Bartecko will chip in 10-15 goals playing with Stumpel and Palffy, and also because Frolov will suffer the sophomore slump.

9. The Kings will reach the playoffs by solidifying the 7th seed on the last day of the regular season.

10. They will lose in 6 games in the second round of the playoffs.

Palffy will lead the team in scoring and goals. Stumpel in assists. Belanger in +-

MOOSE55
09-25-2003, 11:08 AM
1) Frolov proves to everyone he is the real deal and gets 60+ point......more than Chistov/Zetterberg get

2) Cechmanek puts up similar #'s to last year.......has a better playoff

3) Belanger has breakthrough year, 40-50 points.....best 3rd line in league.

4) Cammy sticks this year.

5) Visnovsky finally becomes the offensive leader on D, 40+ points

6) tough road for Deader/Allison, 50-70 games each

7)Edge out Dallas by a game.....win division title

8)Starbek/Grebs spit #6 guy on D.....if grebs/corvo/visnovsky proves to be pp QB, then Modry is gone at end of season.

9) Palffy reaches the 100+ point plateau for the first time.

10) Luc plays with Allison/Deader reaches 50+ points

agentfouser
09-25-2003, 11:31 AM
and here i thought i was the only one that really appreciated belanger. seriously, i think that he, and the upside that he has and will be tapped very soon, are incredibly underrated. he is absolutely integral to this team, and that is apparent to us kings fans now. by the end of the year, it will be apparent to the rest of the league as well.

one more prediction: aulin comes back at the very end of the season, gets in a few games and shines. he then has a fantastic playoffs, including at least one overtime winner.

IGM
09-25-2003, 03:31 PM
I had a late lunch with a friend of mine who has was an NHL goalie for a number of years today. He is still involved with the game. (not a player anymore) He brought up an interesting point that I think I might as well add to my prediction.

He said that in retaliation to the goalie equip being messed with that the goalies might (read probably will) start taking longer to hand the puck over after a save and that they might start smothering the puck allot more often in order to slow the game down. Appearently the league is aware of these preposed shenanigans and have already warned the teams but I consider my friend a good source for this sort of thing and wouldn't be suprised if this were to happen once the season starts.

So there you go, one more "a source close to the team" bs post (although I know its true) for us to ignore.

Hey, I also predict that there will be several more "my friend is on the team or whatnot" type of posts this year. Do I get any points for them coming true?

LuckyLUC20
09-28-2003, 02:20 PM
1. Ziggy Palffy has a 90+ point season
2. Jason Allison and Adam Deadmarsh play 60+ games each
3. Matty Norstrom scores 10 goals this year
4. Lubomir Visnovsky, Eric Belanger, Joe Corvo, Alexander Frolov all have fantastic/ breakout years.
5. Kings finish with 98 points and win the Pacific.
6. Roman Cechmanek becomes the MVP of the Kings
7. LUC scores 30+ goals playing with Allison and Deadmarsh.
8. Kings make it to the Stanley Cup Finals and beat the Devils in Game 7 (pipe dream, i know)
9. Parade at Staples Center for 2 teams in 2 weeks (Kings, then Lakers...lol)
10. Ziggy Palffy signs a long term contract with the Kings. :yo:

David A. Rainer
09-28-2003, 10:37 PM
1.The Kings win the Stanley Cup

Come on, somebody's got to stay blindly positive :p

Don't forget what that chick on that TV/radio commercial says - the Kings will win not just one Stanley Cup, but multiple Cups. Now that's blindly positive.