Milan Kraft

Pensfan66
09-24-2003, 10:08 PM
I wonder what the deal is with him? Word is he's having a terrible camp. I know he has to clear waivers to get sent back down, but to me he has never taken his opportunity and run with it. Please tell me this is it for him in a Pens uniform. So when is enough enough? Everytime he has gotten a chance he's blown it, there was a time in Dec last year where I thought he had made it. If he ever got his head screwed on he might have Jason Alison type potential. But now after another awful camp please tell me his time in Pittsburgh is over. We need players that want to succeed and hustle and that is not Milan Kraft.

Jacob
09-24-2003, 11:33 PM
And if he scores a goal on opening night you'll probably put him in your avatar.

Koltsov71
09-25-2003, 05:35 AM
I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Koltsov71
09-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Didn't have a chance to flop like Tarnstrom and show his true colors after the pp died.

Tarnstrom flopped? That's news to me.

The Tang
09-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Do you know how long it took Morozov to get going?

the fact that he actually broke out is debatable.

No Quarter
09-25-2003, 09:56 AM
And you know how long it too Dave Roche to "breakout?" Never. And do do you know hoe long is took Chris Welles to "breakout?" Never. So what's you point?

I'm not even sure that Morozo has broken out. He scored well at the beginning of the year, but so did Tarnstrom. Morozov got luvky, though. He got hurt and didn't have a chance to flop like Tarnstrom and show his true colors after the pp died.

How did Tarnstrom flop?
If I can remember correctly he got injured for about a month or better while the power play was still going strong and by the time he came back Kovalev was gone, Morozov was gone for the season, Mario did the typical Mario and didn't play all the time, ETC.
So no I don't buy that statement, I'll have to see how he plays this season.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
09-25-2003, 10:36 AM
If Kraft makes the team I think he could easily get 20 goals on the second line if he plays with Straka and can play like he did last year during his 7 game points streak.

Darth Vitale
09-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Kraft will get his shot this season, barring horrible play early on. It will be his last shot because if they send him down, he's not coming back. I think they'll start him off on the second line with fellow Czechmate Marty and the rest will be up to him.

He needs to be willing to get roughed up and play a little more hard-nosed. Many have noted he just kind of hangs out on the perimeter of the play most games, not really getting into the flow. I suspect that he might play better were someone to try and get in his head / piss him off a little. He shows so little emotion that I can't help but wonder if it might be a good thing that LA comes in here and the guy in my Avatar over there roughs him up a little. Although they're both RW so that's not going to happen obviously.

Anyway, if Kraft is anything but one of our best players this year, he'll be gone so don't worry yourself too much / be in too big a hurry.

Speed Kills
09-25-2003, 02:26 PM
Zippy, I think you are right about him getting a chance. I don't know what line he will be playing on because I think Fata might be the 2nd line center. But, at one point last year I thought that the Straka-Kraft and Sivek line was our best line. I think he will come around, just needs some playing time.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
09-25-2003, 05:36 PM
I predict Kraft will get over 40 goals this year if he plays a full season........in the AHL.

Barney Stinson76
09-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Who have more potential Kraft or Beech????

Koltsov71
09-26-2003, 09:46 AM
Kraft probably has ''more'' potential, but I'd say Beech is most likely to reach his. If that makes any sense.

Alex Kovalev
09-26-2003, 09:54 AM
Kraft probably has ''more'' potential, but I'd say Beech is most likely to reach his. If that makes any sense.

Makes alot of sense.

Koltsov71
09-26-2003, 01:03 PM
Dejan Kovacevic mentioned

Wandering off topic a bit here...

Our friend Dejan called Brian Sutherby a "fringe player" in this morning's Post-Gazette. What a doofus.

Jacob
09-26-2003, 01:26 PM
He's as much of a fringe player as Beech and Kraft.

Robert Paulson*
09-26-2003, 01:29 PM

I wouldn't call Sutherby, the MVP of last season's Young Stars game, a fringe player at all. (didn't he have 1 goal, 3 assists or so?) He is said to be future captain material.. a true leader.

PS. Sorry for keeping off topic :)

Koltsov71
09-26-2003, 01:39 PM

Ha! I highly disagree with you.

Koltsov71
09-26-2003, 01:55 PM
I suppose I should back up my viewpoint.

Sutherby plays with a tremendous amount of heart and determination. He can play all three forward positions. He's great on the checking line, but can temporarily move up if need be. He's very good defensively.. Seeing penalty kill time at the age of 20. He doesn't shy away from physical contact. He even fights when the situation calls for it. I recall one heck of a go that he had with Foote last year. I believe his offensive game will progress as he gains experience and more playing time. This kid will only get better.

In short, Sutherby is the type of player I would want to build my team around.

Definitely not someone I would call a fringe player. And certainly not someone that I would put in the same category as Kraft or Beech. That's my opinion.

Robert Paulson*
09-26-2003, 02:15 PM
I suppose I should back up my viewpoint.

Sutherby plays with a tremendous amount of heart and determination. He can play all three forward positions. He's great on the checking line, but can temporarily move up if need be. He's very good defensively.. Seeing penalty kill time at the age of 20. He doesn't shy away from physical contact. He even fights when the situation calls for it. I recall one heck of a go that he had with Foote last year. I believe his offensive game will progress as he gains experience and more playing time. This kid will only get better.

In short, Sutherby is the type of player I would want to build my team around.

Definitely not someone I would call a fringe player. And certainly not someone that I would put in the same category as Kraft or Beech. That's my opinion.
I definitely second your opinion. :teach:

Darth Vitale
09-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Some of this stuff seems to be from left field (no offense but it does). I've never heard anyone call Kraft a "bad skater" before. Slow, yes... but never heard anyone criticize his technique. If the guy has no heart or isn't willing to pay the mo-fuggin price, then that's all we need to know in terms of him having what it takes.

No need to stretch things in order to prove one's point. Kraft's lack of motivation will be all the proof any of us need when he's let go in mid-November let's say. Still, I think he'd have to play really *bad* for the Pens to not keep him until [January] at least.