09-25-2003, 08:46 AM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/115581

Bluenote13
09-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Shocker :rolleyes:

Rick Middleton
09-25-2003, 08:55 AM
From the story

Students and neighbors identified the shooting suspect as John Jason McLaughlin, the son of a sergeant in the local sheriff's office and a quiet and withdrawn teenager, who was teased by his peers because of his acne.

Boo-fricking-hoo. I have one friend who was remorselessly teased for his acne. Did he snap and shoot us? No. Bloody hell, take responsibility for your actions.

PUNK!

CharlieGirl
09-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Every time I read one of these stories, it amazes me. The story says that the kid was frequently teased about his acne, but also says he picked his targets randomly. If the teasing was the reasoning for the shooting, then it obviously wasn't a random shooting now, was it?

Almost everyone gets teased growing up, but at what point did it become an okay reason to kill?

My heart goes out to the parent who said goodbye to their child and sent him off to school expecting him to come back after school. My heart also goes out to the shooter's parents - I can't imagine what they're going through.

Jewelly
09-25-2003, 08:59 AM
From the story

Boo-fricking-hoo. I have one friend who was remorselessly teased for his acne. Did he snap and shoot us? No. Bloody hell, take responsibility for your actions.

PUNK!Yeah I know what you're saying and I agree but I'm also thinking there's more to this kid's anger than just his acne; there usually is.

Still, there's no excuse for this type of behavior.

Jewelly
09-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Every time I read one of these stories, it amazes me. The story says that the kid was frequently teased about his acne, but also says he picked his targets randomly. If the teasing was the reasoning for the shooting, then it obviously wasn't a random shooting now, was it?

Almost everyone gets teased growing up, but at what point did it become an okay reason to kill?

My heart goes out to the parent who said goodbye to their child and sent him off to school expecting him to come back after school. My heart also goes out to the shooter's parents - I can't imagine what they're going through.Nice points.

pavel13
09-25-2003, 11:42 AM
If this kind of topic interests you, then you should read Eliot Aronson's Nobody Left to Hate. I have been reading it for my social psychology class, and I can't put it down. Very readable yet informative. The book shows ways to prevent things like this from happening and it provides some insight into what people in those situations are experiencing. Very interesting book. Highly recommended.

Koltsov71
09-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Unfortunate, yet also understandable.

Epoch
09-25-2003, 11:48 AM
I feel sorry for the kid who was teased,but it wasn't the solution to his problems with kids at school,especially since he targeted them at random.

dempsey_k*
09-25-2003, 12:02 PM
The pattern is obvious, pizza face = serial killer.

Frolov 6'3
09-25-2003, 12:10 PM

The moment he couldn't cope anymore. One is going to start with renovating his face (M.Jackson) and the other is going to start with the shooting of his tormentors. It's not OK but those people are so unstable by then that it is almost impossible to avoid these kind of tragedies.

nordique
09-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Chris Rock:

"'The Trenchcoat Mafia. We had no friends in the Trenchcoat Mafia.' I saw them yearbook pictures, there was SIX of them! I ain't have six friends in high school! I don't have six friends now! Now white kids be runnin' home to momma and sayin 'I wanna go to a black school where it's SAFE!'"

Team_Spirit
09-25-2003, 12:53 PM
I doubt he killed only because he was teased for his acne , this is just a stupid reason the reporter added .

Students and neighbors identified the shooting suspect as John Jason McLaughlin, the son of a sergeant in the local sheriff's office and a quiet and withdrawn teenager, who was teased by his peers because of his acne

Yeah right , the little poor boy with no friends and acne ( or fat or marginal ) . Always the same , they just give bad ideas to all the others rejected teens in America . :rolleyes: