Kadlec to be released

PanthersRule96
09-25-2003, 10:37 AM
Kadlec was supposedly going to be realeased today according to todays sun sentinel. I think they should keep him one more year like Majic.

Acadmus
09-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Kadlec was supposedly going to be realeased today according to todays sun sentinel. I think they should keep him one more year like Majic.

Probably was by mutual agreement, once it was acknowledged he wasn't making the big club.

Captain8
09-25-2003, 11:34 AM

In a year, he'll still be 5'11 and a longshot to make any team coached by Keenan. (Then again, where will Keenan be next year?)

Not that Kadlec was necessarily the answer to the need for a seasoned PP QB, but someone will have to step up to that role.

evildreams
09-25-2003, 12:32 PM
now mezei makes the team

mezei
trnka
lilja
van ryn
bouwmeester
messier

FlaPanthers7
09-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Mezei was making the team anyways, he's a top 4 guy. Kadlec would have displaced a guy like Trnka, Biron, Gill, even Lilja or one of those 5-6-7th guys.

Right now IMO it's pretty much like this:

Bouwmeester-Odelein
Mezei-Lilja
Van Ryn-Biron
7th: Trnka/Messier (though IMO we'll see more of Messier at forward once the next cuts are made)

Jeff Shafer
09-25-2003, 01:08 PM
:bow:
The Panthers basically set at defense anyways.
Messier could play well on the wing as a defensive foward

GudVibransons
09-25-2003, 01:56 PM
I don't think they are releasing him from his contract, I think they are allowing him to play over in Europe. They should still be retaining his rights. Kadlec had that option put in his contract.

smsgtkvv
09-25-2003, 02:15 PM
I don't think they are releasing him from his contract, I think they are allowing him to play over in Europe. They should still be retaining his rights. Kadlec had that option put in his contract.

From Florida Panthers Web Page:
"SUNRISE, FLA. - Florida Panthers General Manager Rick Dudley announced today that the club has recalled RW Juraj Kolnik from San Antonio's training camp and released D Petr Kadlec . . . Kadlec, Florida's eighth-round choice (234th overall) in June's 2003 NHL Entry Draft in Nashville, TN, becomes an unrestricted free agent."

Kadlec signed a contract on July 15th. It looks like he was actually released from his contract and not just released to play in contract. In any case, I wish that teams would use the same terminology. If they send their draftees back to juniors then they should say that. Some teams announce that their draft picks are released (Maybe released from training camp but still under contract)

PanthersRule96
09-25-2003, 02:21 PM
now mezei makes the team

mezei
trnka
lilja
van ryn
bouwmeester
messier

Isn't Odelein a lock ED? Lilja could be the odd man out and Messier looked good on wing. Here Andreas, lemme help you pack your bags. Mezei will make it, and Trnka has been solid, but I don't know how long he'll stay around. VanRyn might make it, and of course Jbo. Messier would do better on wing. Then, since Kadlec is gone, they will have Novak and Krajicek competitng for the offensice Dman position.

Crossbar
09-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Still think I was crazy about the trade Majesky/Lilja comments I made earlier this offseason? I told you guys that just because he was our best d-man last year doesn't mean jack, he was terrible with the Kings and its looking like it was just a 1-hit wonder season for him based on all the comments from the organization. THAT is why I wanted to trade him right away because his value was extremely high and Lilja's age and no NHL experience doesn't fit into this team's rebuilding plan, we needed a veteran with tons of NHL experience in his place so that is why we went out and got Lyle Odelein. Even if our depth was high on D Lilja still should have made it on the "A" squad if he was that good so don't say "he didn't make it cause we got so much depth" but now hes on the outside looking in, hopefully his trade value hasn't totally deterierated and we can still get something good for him.

sting_fan
09-25-2003, 04:08 PM
Isn't Odelein a lock ED? Lilja could be the odd man out and Messier looked good on wing. Here Andreas, lemme help you pack your bags. Mezei will make it, and Trnka has been solid, but I don't know how long he'll stay around. VanRyn might make it, and of course Jbo. Messier would do better on wing. Then, since Kadlec is gone, they will have Novak and Krajicek competitng for the offensice Dman position.

All signs seem to point to Lilja being on the outside looking in. It's a shame, because although he isn't the fastest out there, Lilja, IMO, is about as solid a defenseman as we had back there.

Clash*
09-25-2003, 04:32 PM
The locks for defense have been stated as Bouwie, Odelein, Mezei, Van Ryn, and yes Messier (who they keep playin on defense. Read people). The names for the last two spots were Biron, Trnka, and Lilja. Krajicekpretty much rehabbed himself out of a roster spot and will need to bust his butt in San Antonio for a call-up right now. Novak has more potential for the call-up as it stands right now. Keenan and Dudley seem to love Biron, even tho he hasn't got the head for the game. That leaves one spot for Lilja and Trnka to battle for, and with Trnka hurt I see Lilja winnin the spot right now.

evildreams
09-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Mezei was making the team anyways, he's a top 4 guy. Kadlec would have displaced a guy like Trnka, Biron, Gill, even Lilja or one of those 5-6-7th guys.

Right now IMO it's pretty much like this:

Bouwmeester-Odelein
Mezei-Lilja
Van Ryn-Biron
7th: Trnka/Messier (though IMO we'll see more of Messier at forward once the next cuts are made)

****, how could i forget odelein? ok, so i'll have it...

lilja
trnka
odelein
bouwmeester
messier
mezei

#1 callup: van ryn

Rattrick
09-25-2003, 07:11 PM

lilja
trnka
odelein
bouwmeester
messier
mezei

I think Van Ryn will make the team, pushing Trnka somewhere...

Acadmus
09-26-2003, 09:34 AM

lilja
trnka
odelein
bouwmeester
messier
mezei

The way things are shaping up from press reports, especially with Trnka's injury when he was already "on the bubble", it'll be:
Bouwmeester - Odelein
Mezei - Van Ryn
Messier - Biron
with Gill being #7 or gone altogether, which would make Lilja #7.

Somehow I doubt Biron is outplaying Lilja, but I don't know. We all know Keenan and Dudley are both high on him.

m2k2p
09-26-2003, 11:03 AM
The way things are shaping up from press reports, especially with Trnka's injury when he was already "on the bubble", it'll be:
Bouwmeester - Odelein
Mezei - Van Ryn
Messier - Biron
with Gill being #7 or gone altogether, which would make Lilja #7.

Somehow I doubt Biron is outplaying Lilja, but I don't know. We all know Keenan and Dudley are both high on him.

I truly hope that Gill does'nt make the team. At hockeyfest he was a total ass and was looking at his watch between signings at times. Plus that incident with him kicking Max Birbraer was just really low. I like Lilja's play better than Biron or Gill. Although Biron is having a really good camp though so far and looks improved.The defense looks to be much better this season regardless and hopefully Luongo won't be facing 35- 40 shots a game that often this season.