first anti-doping suspension

Chootoi
05-18-2005, 07:59 AM
CHI Justin Belanger suspended eight games to start next season for testing positive for ephedrine after the CHI-QUE series. interesting. do you think we'll see alot more of this since the league came out with its anti-doping program?

IMO since the first incident is only happening now, and this project was started in 2004, it won't be a huge problem like some thought it was going to be. maybe a few incidents here and there, most likely during training camps and early on in the year as guys are still trying to make rosters and such.

one problem i could see them running into though is if it happens to an elite player, will the team/league try to cover it up? this is the Q after all and we all know alot of the head honchos have less brains than earwax (to quote tim rykert)

Beatnik
05-18-2005, 10:23 AM
CHI Justin Belanger suspended eight games to start next season for testing positive for ephedrine after the CHI-QUE series. interesting. do you think we'll see alot more of this since the league came out with its anti-doping program?

IMO since the first incident is only happening now, and this project was started in 2004, it won't be a huge problem like some thought it was going to be. maybe a few incidents here and there, most likely during training camps and early on in the year as guys are still trying to make rosters and such.

one problem i could see them running into though is if it happens to an elite player, will the team/league try to cover it up? this is the Q after all and we all know alot of the head honchos have less brains than earwax (to quote tim rykert)

Ephedrine is'nt really dangerous. That's the problems with those test and suspension, there is no difference between sudafed and steroid.

Even if it happens to a good players I don't think they will cover it up since those product are legal for everyone including child and NHL players.

plaugher
05-18-2005, 02:16 PM
And some official media confirmation:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/05/17/Sports/belanger050517.html

LaD
05-19-2005, 04:19 PM
The anti-doping program is a very good idea, they can finally penalize players who deserve it. Great initiative! :yo: