Kings' JUNIORS and COLLEGE Prospects Updates

Pages : [1] 2

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Post evey and all news and updates you hear/read about the Kings' prospects in the juniors and in college.

JUNIORS
Kanko, Petr - Kitchener (OHL)
Rome, Aaron - Moose Jaw (WHL)
Rooneem, Mark - Calgary (WHL)
Munce, Ryan - Sarnia (OHL)
Andresen, Joel - Lethbridge (WHL)

COLLEGE
The Preview Article (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6297&mode=threaded&order=0) is currently up.

Brian Boyle (Boston College)
Mike Gabinet (Neb. Omaha)
Marty Guerin (Miami, OH)
Greg Hogeboom (Miami, OH)
Connor James (Denver U.)
Nathan Marsters (RPI)
Ryan Murphy (Boston College)
Brady Murray (North Dakota)
Richard Petiot (Colorado College)
Dave Steckel (Ohio St.)
Mike Sullivan (Clarkson U.)
Jeff Tambellini (Michigan)
Matt Zaba (Colorado College)

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Kanko already has a goal and 2 assists in his first game with Kitchener (Kitchener's 2nd game of the young season) and the game is still on-going.

Check that, Windsor just won in OT.

Peter James Bond
09-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Good idea!

We also need a Kings College Prospects thread:

Brian Boyle Boston College
Jeff Tambellini Michigan U.
Brady Murray U of North Dakota
David Steckel Ohio State
Richard Petiot Colorado College (?)
Ryan Murphy Boston College (?)
Greg Hogeboom Miami U of Ohio
Joel Andresen ____ Nebraska (?)

any others?

Old Hickory
09-25-2003, 06:23 PM
How about A Kings beer league thread :D

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Ryan Munce faced 35 shots and gave up 3 goals in taking the lose a couple of nights ago.

David A. Rainer
09-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Good idea!

We also need a Kings College Prospects thread:

Brian Boyle Boston College
Jeff Tambellini Michigan U.
Brady Murray U of North Dakota
David Steckel Ohio State
Richard Petiot Colorado College (?)
Ryan Murphy Boston College (?)
Greg Hogeboom Miami U of Ohio
Joel Andresen ____ Nebraska (?)

any others?

I'll do an NCAA one once the season starts.

Andresen=Neb.-Omaha
Gabinet=Neb. Omaha
Sullivan=Clarkson U.
Zaba=Colorado College
Connor James=Denver U
Guerin=Miami, OH
Marsters=RPI

MOOSE55
09-25-2003, 07:02 PM
:handclap: Then us Canadians can show you Americans why we won the beer games :)

Peter James Bond
09-25-2003, 07:06 PM
I'll do an NCAA one once the season starts.

Andresen=Neb.-Omaha
Gabinet=Neb. Omaha
Sullivan=Ckarson U.
Zaba=Colorado College
Connor James=Denver U
Guerin=Miami, OH
Marsters=RPI

Great! I knew there were more players. The Kings have a ton of NCAA
prospects.

Damn, this seems like Marsters 6th season!

jfont
09-25-2003, 08:38 PM
kingsjohn - Sam Adams league
deathfromabove - can't drink beer league
legionnaire - miller lite league
herby - molson (from canada:D)
philip anschutz - champagne only for me league
Euro/4kingsfan1 - lemonade league
facewash - corona league
frolov 6'3 - heineken
nikolai/agentfouser - newcastle league
spongebob - vodka league
moose55 - moosehead league

anyone else i forgot please feel free to add...oh and i'm in the rolling rock league btw...

IGM
09-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Oh, add me to the "glenfiddich twice a year" league.
(me ol da would still be rollin in his shalloh greive if he but knew.)

Old Hickory
09-26-2003, 02:18 PM
kingsjohn - budweiser league
peter anschutz - champagne only for me league
facewash - corona league
frolov 6'3 - heineken
nikolai/agentfouser - coors league
spongebob - vodka league

anyone else i forgot please feel free to add...oh and i'm in the rolling rock league btw...
Can I change to the Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada league?

agentfouser
09-26-2003, 02:55 PM
i think nikolai would have my back if i upgraded from coors to newcastle. its not that i'm opposed to tapping the rockies (isn't that coors?), but newcastle is the one and only.

jfont
09-26-2003, 04:23 PM
Can I change to the Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada league?i think nikolai would have my back if i upgraded from coors to newcastle. its not that i'm opposed to tapping the rockies (isn't that coors?), but newcastle is the one and only.

you got it...

David A. Rainer
09-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Sept. 26, 2003

Ryan Munce gave up 2 goals on 32 shots in his team's 5-2 win today. He is now 1-1-0 with ~2.50 GAA in two games.

Petr Kanko had 2 more assists and a fighting major tonight in his team's 4-2 win. He now has 1 goal and 4 assists in two games. He's on a pace for 170 points this season! :D

Both Rooneem's and Rome's games are still in progress. I'll provide an update later when the games are complete.

Captain Ron
09-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Sept. 16, 2003

Ryan Munce gave up 2 goals on 32 shots in his team's 5-2 win today. He is now 1-1-0 with ~2.50 GAA in two games.

Petr Kanko had 2 more assists and a fighting major tonight in his team's 4-2 win. He now has 1 goal and 4 assists in two games. He's on a pace for 170 points this season! :D

Both Rooneem's and Rome's games are still in progress. I'll provide an update later when the games are complete.

I hope you meant to write Sept. 26, 2003 or this is a late update. :joker:

CharlieGirl
09-26-2003, 07:29 PM

Kanko could have had a goal and an assist - classic Kanko breakaway but passed it to the other winger who had a clearer shot. He was named the game's second star as well.

MOOSE55
09-26-2003, 08:02 PM
kingsjohn - Sam Adams league
peter anschutz - champagne only for me league
facewash - corona league
frolov 6'3 - heineken
nikolai/agentfouser - newcastle league
spongebob - vodka league

MOOSEHEAD league for me....

David A. Rainer
09-26-2003, 08:59 PM
I hope you meant to write Sept. 26, 2003 or this is a late update. :joker:

My bad

David A. Rainer
09-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Kanko could have had a goal and an assist - classic Kanko breakaway but passed it to the other winger who had a clearer shot. He was named the game's second star as well.

Thanx! Any updates you can give us throughout the season would be greatly appreciated.

David A. Rainer
09-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Ad for the other two...

Rooneem has a goal and an assist in two games for Calgary. He's wearing the "A" in only his first full season with Calgary.

Rome... well let's see... The boring stuff first. In two games for Swift Current he has an assist. Now the good stuff. In SC's win over Red Deer, Rome had a fighting major, a game misconduct, and a checking from behind penalty. In SC's 8-0 loss to Medicine Hat, Rome had an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, an instigator, two game misconducts, and a fighting penalty (in a game where all hell broke loose). That's 51 PIMs in 2 games. At his current pace, Rome will surpass his PIM total from last year by... oh... the third week of the season!

(sung in classic Lagwagon style) All aboard the Rome-wagon!

Captain Ron
09-29-2003, 01:19 AM
September 27th

Aaron Rome had 1 assist and only a 2 minute roughing penalty in SC's 5-0 win over Regina.

Rooneem only managed to get a 2 minute hooking penalty in his teams 2-1 loss to Kootenay.

no name
10-01-2003, 07:51 PM
I havnt been around in a while but I think I can be the captain, Cheerleader, and manager of the Jack Daniels league.

Kearney
10-02-2003, 11:18 AM
Wow! Hogeboom and Tambellini BOTH projected to be Hobey Baker finalists!?!

Fantastic!

(hope it comes true...)

Old Hickory
10-02-2003, 11:24 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Boyle does at BC

David A. Rainer
10-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Wow! Hogeboom and Tambellini BOTH projected to be Hobey Baker finalists!?!

Fantastic!

(hope it comes true...)

Ya, well, doesn't mean it will all come true. Just that you shouldn't be suprised if Hogeboom or Tambellini ends up as a finalist. Besides, there are usually like 10 "finalists" before they narrow it down to the final 3 (kind of like what college football does with the Heisman where 6 or 7 are official "finalists" but only 3 get invited to the awards show).

Malakian#13
10-02-2003, 02:18 PM
as long as Andy Murray is the coach , Brady Murray will get a shot in L.A. in a few years.

Captain Ron
10-02-2003, 07:36 PM
October 2nd,

Here are some updated stats on Kings junior prospects...

Aaron Rome GP-3 G-0 A-2 PTS-2 PIM-22 +/- -4 PPG-0

Mark Rooneem GP-5 G-2 A-1 PTS-3 PIM-4 +/- -2 PPG-2

Petr Kanko GP-2 G-1 A-4 PTS-5 PIM-7 +/- -1 PPG-0

Ryan Munce GP-2 MIN-120 GA-5 AVG-2.50 W-1 L-1 SA-72 S%-.931

Belanger25
10-02-2003, 09:57 PM
I got CSTV so I get to see a College Hockey game each Friday night. I'm waiting Oct 17. BC at North Dakota

Actually It Starts tomorrow With St. Lawerence and Miami (Oh)

So Hogeboom and Guerin

David A. Rainer
10-02-2003, 10:47 PM
I got CSTV so I get to see a College Hockey game each Friday night. I'm waiting Oct 17. BC at North Dakota

Actually It Starts tomorrow With St. Lawerence and Miami (Oh)

So Hogeboom and Guerin

Sweet! I get to attend a grand total of 2 college hockey games a year.

David A. Rainer
10-03-2003, 09:59 PM
Dave Steckel had a goal and Connor James was held scoreless in DU's 5-2 win over OSU.

Greg Hogeboom and Marty Guerin were held scoreless in Miami's 3-1 loss to St. Lawerence.

Jeff Tambellini had a goal and 2 assists in Michigan's EXHIBITION win.

David A. Rainer
10-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Oct. 3

Ryan Munce gave up 2 goals on 23 shots in Sarnia's 2-1 loss to Brampton

Petr Kanko had nothing more than a fighting penalty in Kitchener's 2-1 loss to Toronto.

Mark Rooneem had a goal and a game misconduct penalty in Calgary's 4-1 loss to Regina.

Aaron Rome had another PP assist and 2 penalty minutes in Swift Current's 3-0 win over Moose Jaw.

agentfouser
10-03-2003, 11:49 PM
our guys sure pile up the PIM, don't they? has kanko always gotten this many majors?

Douggy
10-04-2003, 07:15 AM
If you guys want a update on any of the OHL guys, just post your request on the OHL boards and there will likely be someone who can help you out.

CharlieGirl
10-04-2003, 03:25 PM
our guys sure pile up the PIM, don't they? has kanko always gotten this many majors?
He's always had his fair share of fights (123 PIM last year excluding playoffs). He doesn't back down when he's challenged, and his style of play brings it on.

Captain Ron
10-04-2003, 07:21 PM
Dave Steckel scores a pair tonight.Including the game winner.WOW that is 3 goals in 2 games.....he is on FIRE. :handclap:

Also in the game Marty Guerin and greg Hogeboom each had an assist for Miami.

Brian Boyle was held scoreless in his debut for boston college.

Jeff Tambellini was held scoreless and had 2 PIM's in his teams win tonight.

Captain Ron
10-04-2003, 07:51 PM
October 4th

Petr Kanko had a 2 minute misconduct in tonights game and not much else.

Aaron Rome scored a powerplay goal and was 3rd star in his teams loss tonight.

Rooneem was held scoreless in his teams loss tonight.

Brodie562
10-04-2003, 11:12 PM
Where do you guys get your results and box scores?

Brodie562
10-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Brady Murray got an assist in North Dakota's 3-2 win over Minnesota-Duluth.

David A. Rainer
10-04-2003, 11:33 PM
To finish the remainder of the scores for Oct. 5:

Tambellini did not factor in on the scoring in Michigan's 5-3 win. He did pick up an elbowing to the head penalty and served the penalty for too many men on the ice.

I guess Boyle had picked up an assist on Rooney's goal, but it was taken away. Boyle had skated on an all freshman 4th line of Pineault-Boyle-Rooney.

Connor James was held scoreless again as his team finished in 1st for the Lefty McFadden Invitational. St. Lawrence finished 2nd, Ohio St. 3rd and Miami bringing up the rear.

Brady Murray had an assist on Bochenski's goal, his first point as a collegian. Murray was centering the top line alongside forwards Parise and Bochenski.

Old Hickory
10-05-2003, 07:07 AM
Dave Steckel scores a pair tonight.Including the game winner.WOW that is 3 goals in 2 games.....he is on FIRE. :handclap:

Very good for Dave! He's got great hands other than that he was not impressive at all in rookie camp. Lets hope he starting to turn the corner

Peter James Bond
10-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Where do you guys get your results and box scores?

http://www.uscho.com is a great college hockey site.

you should also have this hockey site bookmarked...the mother of ALMOST all hockey sites:

http://www.hockeynewslink.com

one of the best features is that you can get links of local newspaper stories of NHL teams.

Brodie562
10-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks a lot! I didnt think anyone had seen my post.

David A. Rainer
10-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Oct. 5

Kanko had a goal and an assist in Kitchener's 4-2 win

Rooneem had another goal in Calgary's 4-1 win. That's 5 goals in his team's first 9 games.

Rome did not play in Swift Current's game. No idea why, waiting for info on the game.

Belanger25
10-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Also try www.insidecollegehockey.com

KingPurpleDinosaur
10-05-2003, 09:09 PM
am i the only one worried how Kanko seems to excel in Juniors, but was rendered almost useless during training camp against prospects?

David A. Rainer
10-05-2003, 09:16 PM
am i the only one worried how Kanko seems to excel in Juniors, but was rendered almost useless during training camp against prospects?

Well, he tore up training camp last year. So you got to wonder what was different this year.

Kingsjohn... you want to handle this one. ;)

Captain Ron
10-05-2003, 09:17 PM

I may be mistaken but i thought I read somewhere that he was playing with an injury for most of camp.Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Buckeye
10-05-2003, 10:10 PM
I may be mistaken but i thought I read somewhere that he was playing with an injury for most of camp.Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, that was my understanding also.

David A. Rainer
10-05-2003, 11:15 PM

Well geez, I was trying to save that for Kingsjohn. :teach:

:joker:

Skebo
10-06-2003, 01:01 AM
Groin or hamstring, I believe.

Captain Ron
10-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Well geez, I was trying to save that for Kingsjohn. :teach:

:joker:

Well you snooze, you lose. :joker:

Old Hickory
10-06-2003, 09:22 AM
I heard it was a groin

maximil
10-09-2003, 10:28 PM
www.collegehockeystats.com
i like the fact they list eveyone who dressed, how many shots they took, and what their plus/minus was. too bad they don't cover the ccha.

David A. Rainer
10-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Oct. 10

Munce gave up 3 goals on 31 shots in Sarnia's 3-2 loss.

Kanko did not play in Kitchener's win. No word why.

Rooneem got another goal in his team's 4-2 win.

Rome was held scoreless, but he did pick up a charging, high sticking, and roughing penalty. He must be freakin' pissed he's back in juniors and is taking it out on the rest of the league.

David A. Rainer
10-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Oct 10

Steckel was held scoreless in Ohio St. 5-2 loss.

Hogeboom notched a goal and 2 assists, Guerin got his first collegiate goal, and Tambellini had a goal and an assist in Miami's 8-3 route of Michigan.

Ryan Murphy finished with an assist and Boyle was held scoreless in BC's 2-2 tie.

Gabinet got an assist in Nebraska-Omaha's first game of the season, a 4-3 loss to Wisconsin.

Denver U and Colorado College played exhibition games so who really cares how they did. ;)

Oilers Chick
10-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Oct 10

Steckel was held scoreless in Ohio St. 5-2 loss.

Hogeboom notched a goal and 2 assists, Guerin got his first collegiate goal, and Tambellini had a goal and an assist in Miami's 8-3 route of Michigan.

Ryan Murphy finished with an assist and Boyle was held scoreless in BC's 2-2 tie.

Gabinet got an assist in Nebraska-Omaha's first game of the season, a 4-3 loss to Wisconsin.

Denver U and Colorado College played exhibition games so who really cares how they did. ;)

I'll add a few things about Gabinet, because I saw the Maverick Stampede. This guy is one tough nut to crack not to mention he's needs to show a bit more control out there. He was a thorn in the Badgers side all night. Arguably one of the more effective UNO players tonight....defensively OR offensively. However, he made some costly mistakes, namely retailiatory penalties that earned him a few trips to the sin bin.

BTW, if you want to read my observations from the Stampede tourney, please visit the Maverick Stampede thread on the NCAA board.

CharlieGirl
10-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Kanko apparently has a slight ankle sprain he got playing soccer this week! :rolleyes: Luckily his team didn't need him tonight.......

Old Hickory
10-11-2003, 07:57 AM
Hogeboom notched a goal and 2 assists

:handclap: :handclap:

Captain Ron
10-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Hey DFA

You need to start updating our college prospects stats like I do on the Russian thread.Here is what i have now.....

Player's Name ..........GP.......G......Ast.......Pts
Dave Steckel................4........4........0........ ..4
Greg Hogeboom.............4........1........3.......... 4
Marty Guerin.................4........1........2........ ..3
Jeff Tambellini...............3........1........1...... ....2
Brian Boyle...................3........0........1....... ...1
Ryan Murphy................3........1........1......... .2
Brady Murray................1........0........1......... .1
Mike Gabinet.................2........0........1....... ...1
Joel Andresen...............1........0........0........ ..0
Connor James...............2........0........0..........0
Mike Sullivan.................0........0........0...... ....0
Richard Petiot...............0........0........0.......... 0

Nathan Marsters....GP-2.....W/L/T-0/2/0.....GA-9.....GAA-4.54.....SO-0.....SV%-.839%

Matt Zaba............GP-0.....W/L/T-0/0/0.....GA-0.....GAA-0.00.....SO-0.....SV%-.000%

David A. Rainer
10-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Hey DFA

You need to start updating our college prospects stats like I do on the Russian thread.Here is what i have now.....

Too much work and not that many people care to see how the stats change after each game (maybe once a month). But if you want to, knock yourself out.

David A. Rainer
10-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Oct 11

OK, here's what we got for a full slate of games this Saturday.

Dave Steckel got another goal (his 4th in 4 games) in a 3-1 win over Notre Dame.

Marty Guerin got another assist while Hogeboom and Tambellini were shut out in Michigan's 2-1 win over Miami to split the two game series.

Nathan Marsters gave up 5 goals on 24 shots (ouch!) in RPI's 5-2 loss.

Ryan Murphy put in an empty-netter and Boyle was held scoreless again in BC's 4-1 win.

Joel Andresen and Mike Gabinet were held scoreless in UNO's 7-3 loss to Minnesota. UNO scored the first 3 goals of the game just to watch Minnesota come storming back with 7 unanswered goals of their own.

Colorado College, Denver U, and North Dakota played EXHIBITION games again. Something worth noting: Matt Zaba got the start in net for Colorado College, giving up 1 goal (and had an assist!) to the US U18 Developmental Team.

tomd
10-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Ryan Murphy put in an empty-netter and Boyle was held scoreless again in BC's 4-1 win.
according to the box score at the www.uscho.com website, Boyle got the primary assist on BC's 3rd goal.

TubbyTerrion*
10-12-2003, 09:17 AM
an email from a friend of mine in Columbus:

OSU came back tonight and beat Notre Dame 3-1. Betz was in net and looked good. Buckeyes had 39 shots on goal and finally pulled away on Bittner's goal in the third. Steckel added an insurance goal late. He broke his stick, raced back to the bench and ambled back to the crase just in time to knock in a rebound. That was cool to watch. Give an assist to the guy on the bench who gave him a new stick. The defense played better. The power play was awful. It was a good win though. Less than 2,000 people showed up on a night when the Blue Jackets had their home opener and the football team was on the road in Wisconsin.

David A. Rainer
10-12-2003, 12:43 PM
according to the box score at the www.uscho.com website, Boyle got the primary assist on BC's 3rd goal.

Opps. Must have seen it wrong. I could have sworn they had Ryan Shannon and Patrick Eaves assisting on that goal.

David A. Rainer
10-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Oct 12

Nathan Marsters gave up another 4 goals in 23 shots. Two straight losses for Marsters to open the season. That does not bode well for the remainder of his season. Fortunately, both losses were non-conference.

Saprykin Fan
10-12-2003, 09:55 PM
heres a site to get updates on my brother and matt zaba, and another player at la kings development camps, greco i think, its cc's fan site:

http://pub182.ezboard.com/fcctigerhockeyfrm1

Oilers Chick
10-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Oct 12

Nathan Marsters gave up another 4 goals in 23 shots. Two straight losses for Marsters to open the season. That does not bode well for the remainder of his season. Fortunately, both losses were non-conference.

Regardless of whether they were conference or not, it was still a regular season game and it counts in the standings. That said, RPI (who finished near the bottom of the ECAC last season) was playing a very good BU team. Furthermore, RPI came into this season with two glaring problems that will (hopefully) be improved.....Team Offence and Goaltending. I'm not really all that surprised that Marsters gave up 4 goals on 23 shots. RPI struggled last season in net and it wasn't helped by the fact that they got little support from the blueliners. Since this weekend was the opening weekend of RPI's season, we could only hope that Marsters (and his netminder partner Kevin Kurk) not only are able to improve but get the help they need in front of them.

David A. Rainer
10-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Regardless of whether they were conference or not, it was still a regular season game and it counts in the standings.

There is no way that RPI is going to get an at large bid to the NCAA tourny. So the only thing that matters is the conference tourny for which seeding (I believe) is based on conference record. Therefore, although no one likes to lose, the conference games are most important to RPI.

And I only mean it does not bode well for Marsters not necessarily because Marsters is playing poorly (especially because most RPI games would be 10-2 if not for him), but because last season RPI did not start well with Marsters in goal (granted, I've never seen one team turn over the puck right in front of their own net more often than RPI) and Fridgen lost a lot of confidence in him - sitting him in favor of Kurk more often and more willing to yank him in the games he was in. Often, a coach will make a change in goal just to make a change and shake up the team. I'm only hoping that that doesn't happen again. But it is only two games and RPI still has a full season to come around.

David A. Rainer
10-13-2003, 03:19 PM
There's a huge series this weekend: Boston College at North Dakota. Should be a great 2-game series. Murray's linemate, Parise, sustained a left knee injury and might not play ("status unkown"). Murphy, Boyle, and Murray will all see action.

Captain Ron
10-13-2003, 08:38 PM
October 13

Kitchener played game 2 of a home and home series with Gelph.Kanko still was not in the lineup for either game.

Aaron Rome was named as 3rd star in Swift Currents 5-4 loss tonight.He had a powerplay goal a 2 minute slashing penalty and a 10 minute misconduct.

David A. Rainer
10-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Oct. 17

Gabinet had a goal and Andresen was held scoreless in UNO's 5-1 loss.

Dave Steckel with an assist in his team's 5-0 win.

Mike Sullivan with an assist in Clarkson's season opener.

Connor James had an assist in Denver's 5-2 win.

Tambellini was held scoreless.

Richard Petiot without a point in CC's 6-2 win. Matt Zaba did not play.

Marty Guerin with another goal and Hogeboom with an assist in Miami's 4-4 tie.

Boyle had his first collegiate goal while Ryan Murphy and Brady Murray were held scoreless in North Dakota's 6-4 win over BC. This game matched up the #1 team and the #3 team in the country. They will play again tomorrow night.

David A. Rainer
10-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Oct 17

Kanko returned to the lineup tonight to get an assist in Kitchener's 6-2 loss.

Rooneem was not in the lineup for Calgary. Reason as of yet unknown.

Rome was held scoreless for Swift Current and Munce did not see action for Sarnia.

IGM
10-18-2003, 11:35 AM
Boyle SHOULD have had two other goals AND another assist. He was also being totally ***** in front of the net and didn't get a break from the refs all night. It is his size that will cause the prejudice. The refs will simply firgure he can take it and let him get totally beaten like he did last night. IF this kid score 10 goals this season and stays healthy I will be one of his biggest supporters. He isn't comfortable using his monster size yet (my opinion) but he is a fluid skater who uses his reach to poke check well. Once he matures and learns how to use his assets he could be a very very good young player. I spent the entire game focusing on his play and was duly impressed with him. He needs a couple of years in the NCAA but I think he might be the real thing. He sure has good hands. Thanks for the awsome reports as usual DFA. You as they say ROCK sir.

IGM
10-18-2003, 11:38 AM
I just finished watching Tanbs game. He is a very good skater with solid speed and soft hands. He also isn't as good as Cammo was at that level (of course I am basing this on two games so far so it isn't totally credible) at any of his game. I think he will spend two more years at least in NCAA before making the jump. When you watched Cammo play you knew he was ready to move above the level he was playing at, Tambs looked very good in the first game I saw him play and very average last night. In fact, I would say that Brady looked about as good if I were to only base this opinion on last nights play. Tambs is the real deal, he is just going to take longer to bring it to us then Cammo did.

David A. Rainer
10-19-2003, 02:53 PM
Oct 18

Gabinet had an assist and Andresen was held scoreless in UNO's 2-2 tie.

Richard Petiot notched his first goal of the season in the first minute of CC's 8-3 win. Zaba did not play.

Connor James had a goal in DU's 6-3 win.

Ryan Murphy had an assist in BC's game winning goal in a 2-1 decision over North Dakota. The teams split the 2 game series. Boyle and Murray were held scoreless.

Jeff Tambellini had a HAT TRICK in Michigan's 3-2 win.

All other players were held scoreless.

David A. Rainer
10-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Oct 18

Ryan Munce finally received some offensive support. And he needed it as he gave up 4 goals on 27 shots but won the game 5-4.

Kanko was kept off the scoresheet.

Aaron Rome had an assist.

Captain Ron
10-19-2003, 03:48 PM
October 19th

Updated Kings college prospect stats.

Player's Name .............GP.......G.......Ast.......Pts
Dave Steckel................6........4........1........ ..5
Greg Hogeboom.............6........1........4.......... 5
Marty Guerin.................6........2........2........ ..4
Jeff Tambellini...............5........4........1...... ....5
Brian Boyle...................5........1........1....... ...2
Ryan Murphy................5........1........2......... .3
Brady Murray................3........0........1......... .1
Mike Gabinet.................4........1........2....... ...3
Joel Andresen...............3........0........0........ ..0
Connor James...............4........1........1..........2
Mike Sullivan.................2........0........1...... ....1
Richard Petiot...............2........1........0.......... 1

Nathan Marsters....GP-2.....W/L/T-0/2/0.....GA-9.....GAA-4.54.....SO-0.....SV%-.839%

Matt Zaba............GP-0.....W/L/T-0/0/0.....GA-0.....GAA-0.00.....SO-0.....SV%-.000%

Old Hickory
10-20-2003, 06:48 AM
October 19th

Dave Steckel................6........4........1........ ..5
Greg Hogeboom.............6........1........4.......... 5
Marty Guerin.................6........2........2........ ..4
Jeff Tambellini...............5........4........1...... ....5
Brian Boyle...................5........1........1....... ...2
Ryan Murphy................5........1........2......... .3
Mike Sullivan.................2........0........1...... ....1
Richard Petiot...............2........1........0.......... 1

Who would have thought Steckel would be our leading NCAA ooal scorer?

no name
10-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Who would have thought Steckel would be our leading NCAA ooal scorer?

Dave Taylor two years ago.

David A. Rainer
10-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Oct. 19-21

Aaron Rome had an assist in SC's 4-3 win over Calgary. Rooneem was held scoreless. Rome also had a PP assist in SC's 3-2 win on Tuesday night.

Neither Munce's or Kanko's teams saw action.

Season Totals
Kanko: 7gp, 2g, 6a, 8pts, 16PIMs, -1
Rome: 12gp, 2g, 7a, 9pts, 50PIMs, -4, 7PPpts
Rooneem: 11gp, 5g, 1a, 6pts, 8PIMs, -7

Munce: 5gp, 2-3-0, 2.80GAA, .914sv%

IGM
10-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Why aren;t these stickyed? BUMP!

IGM
10-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the update. Our boys need to work on the two way by the looks of things but not bad so far. It is good to see Kanko start picking his game back up. I still think he is a year or two away but the Kid will be a good one.

David A. Rainer
10-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Why aren;t these stickyed? BUMP!

Too many things were being stickied. It was getting to the point where you had to scroll to the buttom of the page just see find new threads.

I'm going to give these video threads a try. If they are popular, I'll keep them. If they die down, I'll unsticky them and put the prospect threads back up. In the meantime, the updates that Spongebob and I give on these threads will have to suffice to keep them near the top.

IGM
10-23-2003, 07:58 AM
I am unable to download the vid things and would bet that there are others in the same boat. I check from work allot and just can't do the download. That is why I like the text driven stuff. Thanks for the explanation though.

David A. Rainer
10-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Oct 23

It continued to be a horrible day for the Kings organization. Ryan Munce gave up 6 goals on 24 shots in Sarnia's 11-1 (yes, I said ELEVEN) loss to London tonight.

David A. Rainer
10-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Oct 24

Jeff Tambellini was held scoreless in MU's 2-0 win over N. Mich.

Greg Hogeboom had a goal and assist and Marty Guerin was held scoreless in Miami's 5-2 win.

BC was shutout by Notre Dame, subsequently neither Boyle or Murphy scored.

Steckel was held scoreless in Ohio St's 3-2 loss to Mercyhurst.

Matt Zaba got his first collegiate win in his first collegiate game - a 3-2 win over Clarkson. Zaba stopped 24 of 26 shots to get the win. Mike Sullivan registered an assist for Clarkson.

All other prospects did not play tonight.

Captain Ron
10-25-2003, 07:33 PM
October 24th

Aaron Rome got 2 assists and picked up a 2 minute high sticking penalty in Swift Currents 5-3 victory over the Red Deer Rebels.

Captain Ron
10-25-2003, 07:47 PM
October 25th

Tonight was a great night for the Kings junior prospects.Let's start in the WHL where Mark Rooneem scored 2 goals,added an assist and was named the games #1 star in Calgary's 6-0 win over the Regina Pats.

Aaron Rome scored the game-winning goal in OT to give Swift current a 4-3 victory over the Brandon Wheat Kings.

Now to the Ontario Hockey League.
Petr Kanko had a great night as well.He scored 2 goals, added an assist and was named the games #1 star (sounds familiar doesn't it) in Kitchener's 5-4 win over the Erie Otters.

At least their is something positive to say about tonight. :)

Captain Ron
10-25-2003, 08:02 PM
October 25

Greg Hogeboom got a goal and an assist in Miami's 2-1 win over Lake Superior.

Mike Sullivan scored a goal and Richard Petiot got an assist in 4-4 tie between Clarkson and Colorado College.

Nathan Marsters got his first win of the season and it was a 6-0 shutout over Army.

IGM
10-26-2003, 07:51 AM
Remember back to his prospect camp when Am and DT both said that Hogeboom had NHL skills and that if he had decided to stay with the team that he would get a real good look at making the club? I do. I got a chance to watch one of his games this weekend and without a doubt, this kid is the real deal. (of course, based on my own opinion and no, I am not an NHL scout or anything like that) I would compare his game to a cross between Klatt and Kieth Tkatchuk. Now I am not saying that he is or will be anywhere near the scorer that TK is. I am saying that he plays with that type of aggression and makes the same type of an impact in front of the other teams net that TK did when he was younger. I would say that the old addage of "scoring is the first thing to go" will more than likely be true and we will end up with a cross between Lappy and Ebell but is that so bad? I don't think so. He led the NCAA in PP goals last year and is having another good year so far this year. He plays a very hard nosed game and is quietly becomming one of the most respected players in NCAA hockey. A great pick for us who has solid NHL third line with the ability to serve in the top six when needed written all over him. He is a real gamer.

Thanks for the updates Mr Bob.

Captain Ron
10-26-2003, 08:15 AM
October 26

Dave Steckel................7........4........1........ ..5
Greg Hogeboom.............8........3........6.......... 9
Marty Guerin.................8........2........2........ ..4
Jeff Tambellini...............7........5........2...... ....7
Brian Boyle...................6........1........1....... ...2
Ryan Murphy................6........1........2......... .3
Mike Sullivan.................4........1........2...... ....3
Richard Petiot...............4........1........1.......... 2

Nathan Marsters....GP-3.....W/L/T-1/2/0.....GA-9.....GAA-3.02.....SO-1.....SV%-.868%

Matt Zaba............GP-1.....W/L/T-1/0/0.....GA-2.....GAA-2.00.....SO-0.....SV%-.923%

Captain Ron
10-26-2003, 03:01 PM
October 26

Jeff Tambellini scored a goal and added an assist in Michigan's 5-2 win over Northern Michigan today.He also was named 2nd star of the game.

TubbyTerrion*
10-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Meanwhile, Sarnia has won three in a row with some other goaltender playing in all three... Munce is back to backup.

Oilers Chick
10-28-2003, 10:14 PM
For his stellar performance vs. Clarkson over the weekend.

You can read all about it HERE (http://wcha.ocsn.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/102803aac.html) (you'll need to scroll down to near the bottom of the page).

David A. Rainer
10-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Statistical update thru Oct. 28

(I tried to put it in an HTML chart, but I guess the software does not like HTML charts in posts)

Munce, Ryan: 6GP, 2-4-0, 3.53GAA, .896SA%
Kanko, Petr: 10GP, 4G, 7A, 11Pts, -2, 16PIM
Rome, Aaron: 14GP, 3G, 9A, 12Pts, -2, 52PIM
Rooneem, Mark: 14GP, 7G, 3A, 10Pts, -2, 10PIM

IGM
10-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Keep em coming dfa. Thanks a ton for saving me some time!

David A. Rainer
10-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Oct. 29

Ryan Munce gave up 1 goal on 33 shots in Sarnia's 2-1 OT win.

Mark Rooneem tallied an assist in Calgary's 4-2 loss.

Captain Ron
10-31-2003, 07:28 PM
October 31

Petr Kanko had an assist in Kitchener's 7-2 loss to the London Knights.

Mark Rooneem scored his 8th goal of the year in Calgary's 4-3 loss to Prince Albert.

Aaron Rome was held off the scoresheet in Swift Current's 6-1 loss to Spokane.

David A. Rainer
10-31-2003, 11:07 PM
Oct. 31

Dave Steckel scored another goal in Ohio St.'s 4-2 win, his 5th of the year.

Mike Sullivan had a goal in Clarkson's 4-1 win.

Brady Murray had three assists in UND's 8-4 win over Yale.

All other prospects either did not play or were held scoreless.

David A. Rainer
11-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Nov. 1

Marty Guerin remains on fire with 2 more assists in Miami's 4-4 tie. Greg Hogeboom was held scoreless.

Connor James had a goal and an assist in DU's win over powerhouse Minnesota.

Richard Petiot tallied an assist in CC's 3-1 win.

Tambellini had a goal and an assist in MU's 6-2 win. He now has 6 goals and 3 assists in 8 games.

Brady Murray had a goal and 3 assists in UND's 10-0 win! He now has 1 goal and 7 assists in 5 games.

Nathan Marsters gave up 4 goals on 21 shots but held on for the 5-4 victory.

Captain Ron
11-01-2003, 10:19 PM
November 1

Ryan Munce gave up 3 goals on 34 shots in Sarnia's 4-3 win over Saginaw.

Mark Rooneem was held scoreless in his Calgary's 5-4 win over Saskatoon.

Oilers Chick
11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Nov. 1

Marty Guerin remains on fire with 2 more assists in Miami's 4-4 tie. Greg Hogeboom was held scoreless.

Connor James had a goal and an assist in DU's win over powerhouse Minnesota.

Richard Petiot tallied an assist in CC's 3-1 win.

Tambellini had a goal and an assist in MU's 6-2 win. He now has 6 goals and 3 assists in 8 games.

Brady Murray had a goal and 3 assists in UND's 10-0 win! He now has 1 goal and 7 assists in 5 games.

Nathan Marsters gave up 4 goals on 21 shots but held on for the 5-4 victory.

pssst....Murray had 6 assists not 7, but still an outstanding weekend for Kings coach Andy's son. :bow:

BTW, Connor James was terrific in the game vs. Minnesota on Saturday night. (I've got the low down on the game in my 11/1 edition of my "Game Notes" over on the NCAA board).

David A. Rainer
11-02-2003, 03:12 PM
pssst....Murray had 6 assists not 7

Oh ya? You like apples? How about them apples?! (http://uscollegehockey.com/stats/team.php?season=20032004&team=80&gender=m) :moon:

:lol:

Just playing wit' ya. ;)

Oilers Chick
11-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Oh ya? You like apples? How about them apples?! (http://uscollegehockey.com/stats/team.php?season=20032004&team=80&gender=m) :moon:

:lol:

Just playing wit' ya. ;)

I meant he had 6 assists this weekend.

BTW, did you know that your apple has a worm in it? :joker:

David A. Rainer
11-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Nov 2

Joel Andresen notched his first WHL point with a powerplay assist in Lethbridge's 8-5 win.

Petr Kanko had a pair of goals but it wasn't enough as Kitchener fell to Brampton 4-3.

Aaron Rome was held scoreless and Ryan Munce's Sarnia was idle.

no name
11-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Nov 2

Joel Andresen notched his first WHL point with a powerplay assist in Lethbridge's 8-5 win.

Petr Kanko had a pair of goals but it wasn't enough as Kitchener fell to Brampton 4-3.

Aaron Rome was held scoreless and Ryan Munce's Sarnia was idle.

Looks like Kanko has really picked it up of late after his non hockey injury. Does anyone think he will be anything more than a third line tough guy and at this point who would we all rather have, Kanko or Tambellini?

Tadite
11-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Looks like Kanko has really picked it up of late after his non hockey injury. Does anyone think he will be anything more than a third line tough guy and at this point who would we all rather have, Kanko or Tambellini?

Personal opinion (I have only seen a few college games and some preseason for Kanko). I would rather have Tambellini he has a shot at being a good top-6. Kanto looks like a energy guy with some skill on the 3rd line.

Both are usefull for a hockey team though with Tambellini having a higher chance of making the NHL.

Sam
11-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Munce, Ryan: 8GP, 4-4-0, 3.1GAA, .908SA%
Kanko, Petr: 12GP, 6G, 8A, 14Pts, +1, 20PIM
Rome, Aaron: 16GP, 3G, 9A, 12Pts, -5, 56PIM
Rooneem, Mark: 18GP, 8G, 4A, 12Pts, 0, 16PIM
Andresen, Joel: 3GP, 0G, 1A, 1Pts, 0, 6PIM

jfont
11-03-2003, 02:22 PM
rome is a -5 so far...thats surprising..

David A. Rainer
11-03-2003, 02:32 PM
rome is a -5 so far...thats surprising..

He had a relatively crappy +/- last season also because most of his points are on the powerplay and he goes up against the opposition's top forwards.

Sam
11-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Dave Steckel................9........5........1........ ..6
Greg Hogeboom............10........3........6.......... 9
Marty Guerin................10........2........4........ ..6
Jeff Tambellini...............8........6........3...... ....9
Brady Murray................5........1........7......... .8
Mike Gabinet.................6........1........2....... ...3
Connor James...............6........2........2..........4
Mike Sullivan.................6........2........2...... ....4
Richard Petiot...............6........1........2.......... 3

Nathan Marsters....GP-4.....W/L/T-2/2/0.....GA-13....GAA-3.26.....SO-1.....SV%-.854%

Matt Zaba............GP-1.....W/L/T-1/0/0.....GA-2.....GAA-2.00.....SO-0.....SV%-.923%

jfont
11-03-2003, 02:54 PM

Nathan Marsters....GP-4.....W/L/T-2/2/0.....GA-13....GAA-3.26.....SO-1.....SV%-.854%

good job sam :handclap:

and thanks :)

Oilers Chick
11-03-2003, 10:44 PM

Are you including exhibition games in those stats? Just curious

Sam
11-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Are you including exhibition games in those stats? Just curiousThe stats are from uscollegehockey.com so I'd assume that exhibition games are not counted. Looking at ccha.com, Michigan has played nine games total with one being an exhibition, and uscollegehockey.com is listing each Wolverine with eight or less games so I highly doubt exhibition games are counted.

David A. Rainer
11-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Nov. 5

Brian Boyle had a goal in BC's 4-1 win over UMass-Lowell.

Mark Rooneem had a goal in Calgary's 4-3 win.

Aaron Rome had a goal and 2 assists in SC's 5-2 win.

Petr Kanko was held scoreless and Ryan Munce did not start.

IGM
11-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Thats two goals and two assists for Boyle now. Pretty impressive for when you consider the team he is on and his age. He is starting to look allot more comfortable in front of the net. I bet that next year he will be something amazing to watch. Keep it up kid.

I spoke to a freind of my kids who goes to B and he said that he has a class with Boyle. He hasn't talked to him but says he is a nice guy who is truly a giant. He says he looks like he must weight 300 pounds! Of course, that is a guess by an 18 year old but I take it as he means that Boyle looks like he isn't just tall but big as well.

I also heard that Hogeboom is having a really great season so far and that he has been a dominant two way player. He is scoring well but he is hitting everything in sight and having an all star season. (if only)

Captain Ron
11-07-2003, 08:12 PM
November 7

Juniors Update...

Ryan Munce gave up 2 goals on 32 shots to give Sarnia a 4-2 victory over the Barrie Colts.

Petr Kanko scored his 7th goal in Kitchener's 8-1 win over the Erie Otters.

Joel Andresen was held scoreless in Lethbridge's 5-0 loss to Everett.

David A. Rainer
11-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Nov 7

Dave Steckel had an assist in OSU's 2-1 loss.

Nathan Marsters gave up 3 goals on 25 shots to beat Clarkson 4-3. Mike Sullivan was held scoreless for Clarkson.

Connor James tallied an assist and Richard Petiot was held scoreless as DU hammered CC 5-2.

Brady Murray had a pair of goals as his North Dakota team took the wood to Minnesota 7-3.

Greg Hogeboom notched a goal in Miami's 4-2 win. Marty Guerin was held scoreless.

Ryan Murphy scored the final goal in BC's 4-1 win over top ranked Maine. Boyle was held scoreless on 3 shots.

All other prospects did not play.

Peter James Bond
11-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Nov 7

Dave Steckel had an assist in OSU's 2-1 loss.

Nathan Marsters gave up 3 goals on 25 shots to beat Clarkson 4-3. Mike Sullivan was held scoreless for Clarkson.

Connor James tallied an assist and Richard Petiot was held scoreless as DU hammered CC 5-2.

Brady Murray had a pair of goals as his North Dakota team took the wood to Minnesota 7-3.

Greg Hogeboom notched a goal in Miami's 4-2 win. Marty Guerin was held scoreless.

Ryan Murphy scored the final goal in BC's 4-1 win over top ranked Maine. Boyle was held scoreless on 3 shots.

Thanks for the report. Michigan did have a game as well on Friday, losing to Ferris St in overtime, 6-5

Tambellini had 2 goals. He now has 8 goals in 9 games.

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20031107&vis=um&home=fsu&gender=m

David A. Rainer
11-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the report. Michigan did have a game as well on Friday, losing to Ferris St in overtime, 6-5

Tambellini had 2 goals. He now has 8 goals in 9 games.

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20031107&vis=um&home=fsu&gender=m

Whoops. Don't mind me, I'm just going blind in my old age.

Oilers Chick
11-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Missed an outstanding game by UND. Brady Murray (yes, Andy's son) was phenomenal tonight in UND's win over Minnesota! :bow:

I've the low down in my Game Notes (11/7) (http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?postid=427950&postcount=3).

Also, I'll have Game Notes posted tomorrow night for tomorrow's night weekend finale between UND and Minnesota, since I'll be able to see it.

Captain Ron
11-08-2003, 06:07 PM
November 8

Junior updates.....

Ryan Munce gave up only 1 goal on 29 shots in Sarnia's 7-1 win over the Belleview Bulls.

Petr Kanko scored his 8th goal of the year in Kitchener's 3-2 loss to the Owen Sound Attack.

Aaron Rome had an assist and Mark Rooneem was held scoreless in Swift Current's 4-1 win over Calgary.

David A. Rainer
11-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Nov 8

Matt Zaba was the 1st Star as he led Colorado College over Denver U. by a score of 4-1 while stopping 26 of 27 shots. He pushes his record to 2-0-0 and improves his GAA to 1.50 and SV% to .943 in this, his freshman year. Richard Petiot and Connor James were held off of the scoring sheet.

Dave Steckel had an assist in OSU's 6-1 win.

Jeff Tambellini had another goal on 7 shots in Michigan's 3-2 win.

Nathan Marsters gave up 4 goals on 31 shots as RPI was shutout 4-0.

Mike Sullivan had an assist in Clarkson's 4-1 win.

Greg Hogeboom had a goal and 2 assists and Marty Guerin contributed an assist in Miami's 5-2 win.

Brady Murray had a piar of assists as UND swept defending champs Minnesota with a 5-3 victory. Minnesota went into this season favored to win their third straight championship and have been getting dismantled while starting the season 2-6-0.

Oilers Chick
11-09-2003, 01:15 AM
Nov 8

Matt Zaba was the 1st Star as he led Colorado College over Denver U. by a score of 4-1 while stopping 26 of 27 shots. He pushes his record to 2-0-0 and improves his GAA to 1.50 and SV% to .943 in this, his freshman year. Richard Petiot and Connor James were held off of the scoring sheet.

Dave Steckel had an assist in OSU's 6-1 win.

Jeff Tambellini had another goal on 7 shots in Michigan's 3-2 win.

Nathan Marsters gave up 4 goals on 31 shots as RPI was shutout 4-0.

Mike Sullivan had an assist in Clarkson's 4-1 win.

Greg Hogeboom had a goal and 2 assists and Marty Guerin contributed an assist in Miami's 5-2 win.

Brady Murray had a piar of assists as UND swept defending champs Minnesota with a 5-3 victory. Minnesota went into this season favored to win their third straight championship and have been getting dismantled while starting the season 2-6-0.

...and what a night Murray had!!! You can read all about it in my
Games Notes (11/8): Minnesota vs. UND (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=26692).

Sam
11-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Junior Prospects Update
Munce, Ryan: 10GP, 6-4-0, 2.77GAA, .916SA%
Kanko, Petr: 15GP, 8G, 8A, 16Pts, +2, 25PIM
Rome, Aaron: 18GP, 4G, 12A, 16Pts, -2, 67PIM
Rooneem, Mark: 20GP, 9G, 4A, 13Pts, -2, 22PIM
Andresen, Joel: 5GP, 0G, 2A, 2Pts, -4, 8PIM

Collegiate Prospects Update
Dave Steckel................11........5........3....... .8
Greg Hogeboom............12........5........8.........1 3
Marty Guerin................12........2........5........ .7
Jeff Tambellini..............10........9........3...... ...12
Brian Boyle...................8........2........1....... ...3
Ryan Murphy................8........2........2......... .4
Brady Murray................7........3........9......... .12
Mike Gabinet.................8........2........4....... ...6
Connor James...............8........2........3..........5
Mike Sullivan.................8........2........3...... ....5
Richard Petiot...............8........1........2.......... 3

Nathan Marsters....GP-6.....W/L/T-3/3/0.....GA-20....GAA-3.31.....SO-1.....SV%-.862%

Matt Zaba............GP-2.....W/L/T-2/0/0.....GA-3.....GAA-1.50.....SO-0.....SV%-.943%

agentfouser
11-11-2003, 01:52 AM
Junior Prospects Update

Nathan Marsters....GP-6.....W/L/T-3/3/0.....GA-20....GAA-3.31.....SO-1.....SV%-.862%

Matt Zaba............GP-2.....W/L/T-2/0/0.....GA-3.....GAA-1.50.....SO-0.....SV%-.943%

so, at least college-wise, hogeboom, tambellini, and murray are all really producing and that is fantastic to hear. the kings seem to have a lot of ncaa prospects; could someone in the know expand on that a bit? is this generally regarded as a good thing or a bad thing? do players learn different styles of play in college? relative to the rest of their teams, how are these players doing? and do players generally play all four years, or do some go pro after two or three?

MOOSE55
11-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Junior Prospects Update

Steckel is starting to prove me wrong(I thought he was a waste on space)......We have a winner in Tambellini, Murray is on track to be the next Cammy, Hogeboom is underrated, and Boyle is stating to produce......way to go prospects!

David A. Rainer
11-11-2003, 09:21 AM
so, at least college-wise, hogeboom, tambellini, and murray are all really producing and that is fantastic to hear. the kings seem to have a lot of ncaa prospects; could someone in the know expand on that a bit? is this generally regarded as a good thing or a bad thing? do players learn different styles of play in college? relative to the rest of their teams, how are these players doing? and do players generally play all four years, or do some go pro after two or three?

The Kings definitely have more college prospects than in past years and more than other teams. But then other teams have far more Swede and Russian prospects than the Kings. There is a draft strategy of taking college players in middle to late rounds because they can develop for four years before you have to worry about signing them. And in those four years, you can filter out those who will make it and those who won't.

It could be regarded as a good thing because college and juniors prospects learn the NA style of game where as euro prospects typically need some time to get acclimated to the NA style. College hockey is less physical than juniors and emphasizes skilled play over power (which is why Manchester would be a better litmus test for players like Steckel and Boyle than college because of their power game). Relative to other teams, the Kings probably have the best crop of college players. The top player generally leave after 3 years because of CBA advantages that create contractual leverage if they leave after 3 years (baseball has similar advantages after 3 years). Occassionally, you might see a player go pro after 1 or 2 years (Kesler with Vancouver).

agentfouser
11-11-2003, 03:18 PM
The Kings definitely have more college prospects than in past years and more than other teams. But then other teams have far more Swede and Russian prospects than the Kings. There is a draft strategy of taking college players in middle to late rounds because they can develop for four years before you have to worry about signing them. And in those four years, you can filter out those who will make it and those who won't.

It could be regarded as a good thing because college and juniors prospects learn the NA style of game where as euro prospects typically need some time to get acclimated to the NA style. College hockey is less physical than juniors and emphasizes skilled play over power (which is why Manchester would be a better litmus test for players like Steckel and Boyle than college because of their power game). Relative to other teams, the Kings probably have the best crop of college players. The top player generally leave after 3 years because of CBA advantages that create contractual leverage if they leave after 3 years (baseball has similar advantages after 3 years). Occassionally, you might see a player go pro after 1 or 2 years (Kesler with Vancouver).
thanks for the info, i appreciate it. so how long have the kings been paying special attention to college players? are there ncaa products on the team right now, or is this a fairly-recently-introduced strategy, the fruits of which will be bourne later?

David A. Rainer
11-11-2003, 03:55 PM
thanks for the info, i appreciate it. so how long have the kings been paying special attention to college players? are there ncaa products on the team right now, or is this a fairly-recently-introduced strategy, the fruits of which will be bourne later?

I think since Dave Taylor took over. Prior to DT, I cannot remember another GM that had any kind of a drafting philosophy. The first thing DT did when he took over was emphasize building from the draft. It's not a new strategy as other teams have been doing it for many years, but it is new for the Kings.

I'm trying to think of college players on the Kings (or have been on the Kings recently): obviously Cammy came out of Michigan, Chartrand, Corvo, Norton, and Aaron Miller are all out of the college ranks. Reinprect, Rob Blake, Jason Blake, Smolinski, Rasmussen, and Craig Johnson are some recent Kings that came out of the college (note that these players were not necessarily drafted by the Kings or even drafted at all).

It will still be a couple of years before you see the fruit of DT's drafting of college players. As it stands now, I think only Cammy and Corvo were drafted by DT and are currently on the Kings. What you usually get out of the college ranks is a consistent supply of good/solid players. However, the true superstars of the league tend to come out of the Juniors ranks.

punchy1
11-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Stauber came from the draft as well as a few others but I believe they were prior to DT so probably not relevant to the topic.

I think you have put it perfectly in that DT is a gm with a phylosophy and that the team hasn't had that with one exception that I can see. The team that was assembled prior to the trade of Wayne Gretzky was one that was comprised largely of Kings draft picks and I feel that greatest assemblage of talented young players in our history.

Luc Robittiale (sp, sorry, I have a very foggy memory for spelling)
Jimmy Carson
Bernie Nichols
Jay Wells
Steve Dueschene (prior to him becomming an awful player he was an outstanding young defenceman for the Kings)
just to name a few. I believe that was assembled by Pat Quinn when he was our GM but I could be wrong. (I would be going by remembering what I have read as it is a year or so before my time as a fan) Certainly since 89-90 we haven't had anything close to a drafting style and now we have one of the best in the league. There are so many great young players that, while our college prospects are fantastic, the rest of our prospects from the other leagues are just as great. I think that the fact that DT went to Clarkson (i believe) university has helped in his trying to develope college players and I would certainly say that we are the best team at finding allot of college players that have a shot.

Oilers Chick
11-12-2003, 09:37 PM
punchy: Yep, DT did go to Clarkson.

Sam: FYI, I noticed that you've been putting Andresen's stats in with the rest of the collegiate players stats. Hate to tell you this dear, but you're gonna need to move his stats in with the CHL players. Andresen is no longer at UNO.

David A. Rainer
11-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Sam: FYI, I noticed that you've been putting Andresen's stats in with the rest of the collegiate players stats. Hate to tell you this dear, but you're gonna need to move his stats in with the CHL players. Andresen is no longer at UNO.

He also has Andresen in with the Junior's prospects' stats. Either he forgot to take Andresen's collegiate stats out or he thinks that Andresen's scoreless 3 games for UNO are somehow meaningful. ;)

Captain Ron
11-12-2003, 10:42 PM
November 12

Jouniors update....

Ryan Munce gave up 5 goals on 33 shots but still managed to get a win for Sarnia as they edged the Sault Ste. Marie Grey Hounds 6-5.

Aaron Rome was held scoreless in Swift Current's 5-3 win over the Saskatoon Blades.

Joel Andresen got an assist in Lethbridge's 4-1 win over the Seattle Thunderbirds.

David A. Rainer
11-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Nov 12

Both Ryan Murphy and Brian Boyle were held scoreless as Boston College skated to a 2-2 tie with New Hampshire.

David A. Rainer
11-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Here's an article (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=j111317A) on Brady Murray and that great UND team. Thanx to KingPurpleDinosaur for the find.

Captain Ron
11-13-2003, 09:19 PM
November 13

Juniors update.....

Petr Kanko scored a goal and added 2 assists in Kitchener's 5-2 win over the Peterborough Petes.He was awarded 2nd star honors.

Captain Ron
11-14-2003, 09:58 PM
November 14

Juniors update.....

Ryan Munce was brought in 6 minutes into the first period of Sarnia's game tonight and gave up only 1 goal in 32 shots to get a tie with the windsor spitfires.

Petr Kanko got 2 assists and was the 3rd star in Kitchener's 7-6 win over the Saginaw Spirit.

Mark Rooneem got a goal, an assist and was named 1st star in Calgary's 5-3 loss to the Seattle Thunderbirds tonight.

Aaron Rome had an assist in Swift Current's 5-3 loss to the Moose Jaw Warrior's.

Joel Andresen was held scoreless in Lethbridge's 4-4 tie with the Brandon Wheat Kings.

Captain Ron
11-14-2003, 10:13 PM
November 14

College update.....

Greg Hogeboom had a goal and an assist and Marty Guerin scored a goal in Miami's 4-2 win over Michigan State.

Nathan Marsters gave up 1 goal on 27 shots to lead Rensselaer to a 7-1 win.

Brian Boyle scored a goal and added an assist while Ryan Murphy got an assist in Boston College's 4-1 victory over Massachusetts.

All other prospects were held scoreless or did not play .

David A. Rainer
11-14-2003, 11:58 PM
November 14

College update.....

All other prospects were held scoreless or did not play .

Not entirely... you forgot one.

Connor James had a goal and two assists in DU's 4-4 tie.

David A. Rainer
11-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Nov 15

Juniors Update

Ryan Munce gave up 2 goals on 29 shots to earn a 2-2 draw with Plymouth.

Mark Rooneem and Joel Andresen were held scoreless.

College Update

Mike Gabinet with another assist in UNO's loss.

Dave Steckel notched a goal in OSU's 5-2 win over Michigan. Jeff Tambellini did not score.

Nathan Marsters stopped 30 of 31 shots in route to a 1-1 tie.

All other prospects were held scoreless.

David A. Rainer
11-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Nov 16

Petr Kanko remains on fire with another goal and 2 assists in Kitchener's win this afternoon.

David A. Rainer
11-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Weekly Statistical Update (thru Nov 16)

Juniors
Kanko, Petr: 18GP, 10G, 14A, 24Pts, +4, 50PIM
Rooneem, Mark: 22GP, 10G, 5A, 15Pts, +0, 27PIM
Rome, Aaron: 21GP, 4G, 13A, 17Pts, +0, 71PIM
Andresen, Joel: 8GP, 0G, 3A, 3Pts, -2, 24PIM

Munce, Ryan: 13GP, 7-4-2, 2.75GAA, .916SV%, 0 SO

College
Hogeboom, Greg: 14GP, 6G, 9A, 15Pts
Guerin, Marty: 14GP, 3G, 5A, 8Pts
Tambellini, Jeff: 12GP, 9G, 3A, 12Pts
Gabinet, Mike: 10GP, 2G, 6A, 8Pts
Steckel, Dave: 13GP, 6G, 3A, 9Pts
Sullivan, Mike: 10GP, 2G, 3A, 5Pts
Ryan Murphy: 10GP, 2G, 3A, 5Pts
Boyle, Brian: 10GP, 3G, 2A, 5Pts
Petiot, Richard: 8GP, 1G, 2A, 3Pts
James, Connor: 10GP, 3G, 5A, 8Pts
Murray, Brady: 9GP, 3G, 9A, 12Pts

Marsters, Nathan: 8GP, 4-3-1, 2.71GAA, .892SV%, 1 SO
Zaba, Matt: 2GP, 2-0-0, 1.50GAA, .943SV%, 0 SO

MOOSE55
11-20-2003, 05:01 AM
November 19:

Munce gets the shutout against the Russian Allstars :yo:

Captain Ron
11-21-2003, 10:44 PM
November 21

Juniors update.......

Petr Kanko scored his 11th goal helping Kitchener to a 4-1 win over Sarnia.Ryan Munce still was given 3rd star honors in the loss.

Aaron Rome scored his 5th goal of the year in Swift Current's 5-1 victory over the Portland Winter Hawks.

Mark Rooneem scored his 12th goal in Calgary's 2-1 win over the Saskatoon Blades.

Joel Andresen was held scoreless in Lethbridge's 3-2 loss to the Moose Jaw Warrior's.

Captain Ron
11-21-2003, 10:55 PM
November 21

College update....

Mike Gabinet scored a the game winning goal over Ferris State.

Greg Hogeboom scored 2 goals and added an assist and Marty Guerin had a goal and an assist in Miami's 7-1 win over Alaska-Fairbanks.

Brian Boyle netted a pair in Boston's 7-4 win over Providence.

Brady Murray scored a goal and added an assist in North Dakota's 8-2 win over Denver.Connor James got an assist in the loss.

Matt Zaba made 23 saves to get a 2-2 tie with Wisconsin.

Nathan Marsters made 29 saves in a 3-2 win over St.Cloud State.

All other prospects were held scoreless or didn't play.

punchy1
11-22-2003, 10:18 AM
WOW!!! I mean, WOW!!! Boyle sure looks great as does Greg Hogeboom. That is great news.

CCTigers
11-22-2003, 02:33 PM
I thought you might want to hear an update on Matt Zaba:

Colorado College's starting goaltender has come down with mononucleosis. He is expected to miss the next 7 games (8 total, including last night's game against Wisconsin). Based on comments from the coach, I think Matt will play in 6 of the next 7 games. Third string walk-on freshman Chris Kawano may get one of the non-conference games against Findlay or the U.S. Air Force Academy.

Matt is stepping into a very difficult situation. In addition to their top scorer being out with a broken thumb, their captain and best 2-way forward Colin Stuart is out with a seperated shoulder. He also has broken ribs, but was playing fine with them until the shoulder. Their top freshman Brandon Polich is out with a lacerated spleen, and isn't expected back for a while. The team just got hit with a flu bug that got most of the team last week. Then 2 nights ago, their assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Norm Bazin was in a very serious car accident while on a recruiting trip. He survived multiple surgeries, but is still in critical condition.

For Matt to come in and play solid hockey to earn a tie in a hostile WCHA road game was very impressive. Hopefully Norm will pull through and the team can get back to focusing on hockey. Until we know that Norm is out of the woods, the team isn't going to be as focused on hockey as they normally would be.

I could give you an update on Richard Petiot, but he's always the same - extremely solid, dependable, and laying out the big hits. He's just the kind of guy who suits up every night and plays a simple but very effective game on the blue line. Matt's role has suddenly changed, so that's why I posted about him instead of Richard.

David A. Rainer
11-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Nov 22

College Update

Dave Steckel had a pair of goals and an assist in OSU's 4-3 win over Cornell.

Nathan Marsters stopped 35 of the 36 shots he faced while leading RPI to a 2-1 win over #5 Saint Cloud St. Marsters has been very solid so far this year and looks to have regained his old form.

Matt Zaba started both games in Colorado College's series with Wisconsin (see CCTigers post above for more info) and he remains undefeated against them. However, he remains winless also as the two teams skated to a 2-2 tie, the 2nd such score in as many nights. Richard Petiot was held scoreless.

Brady Murray tallied a goal and an assist in UND's 6-2 win over Denver U. The #1 ranked Fighting Sioux went into Denver and swept the #8 ranked Pioneers in convincing fashion, proving once again that they are the most impressive team of this young season (although Boston College might hsve something to say about it). Connor James was held goalless, including getting walled on a penalty shot, but did chip in an assist.

Marty Guerin had a goal and an assist and Greg Hogeboom chipped in an assist in Miami's 4-3 win. After starting the season 1-4-1, the Red Hawks have stormed back with a 7-2-1 record since.

David A. Rainer
11-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Nov 22

Juniors Update

Ryan Munce gave up 3 goals on 25 shots and received no support as Sarnia took the loss 3-0.

Aaron Rome picked up an assist in SC's 3-2 win.

Joel Andresen is still looking for his first WHL goal as he was held scoreless again in Lethbridge's 5-2 win.

punchy1
11-23-2003, 09:18 AM
If my maths are right then some people have some early crow pie to eat.

I have been reading through past threads here and at another Los Angeles Kings sight and it seems that there was a majority of people on both boards who seem to have thought that Steckle was a *bust* and that Brady Murray was a never will be.

I have Steckle at
14gp 8goals 4 assists for 12 points and on his teams page they have him listed as the teams top defencive forward. He is having a great year for certain.

Brady Murray, was thought of as merely being picked up as through the course of nepetism is doing a cracker job at proving his detractors wrong.
11gp 5 goals 11 assists for 16 points. He is a freshman and isn't his teams number one centerman. I love the teams logo. The blackhawks in green. Catching.

Greg Hogeboom has been said to have lead all college atheletes in Power Play Goals last year and I have read on these boards that he was very well liked by both Dave Taylor and Andy Murray. I can see why.
16gp 8 goals 11 assists for 19 pints. WOW!

Tambellini, 12gp? 9goals 3 assists for 12 points. Stunner.

Thanks to DFA for the stats as I only borrowed the numbers from him and added the extra. These are only our American prospects as well and I am leaving out some right smart beauties as well.

Cheers to Dave Taylor and his crew for giving us so many great young players.

Capn Brown
11-23-2003, 12:05 PM
I was wondering.........We've all been keeping very good track of Brady Murray's stats, but what about his teammate and New Jersey 1st round pick Zach Parise? It'd be interesting to gauge how good we think Brady is by juxtaposing him with a 1st round pick who happens to play on the same team as Brady. Anyway, it was just a thought.......

Scottkmlps
11-23-2003, 12:51 PM
Greg Hogeboom has been said to have lead all college atheletes in Power Play Goals last year and I have read on these boards that he was very well liked by both Dave Taylor and Andy Murray.

Yeah, I remember reading two years ago that Murray said Hogeboom has NHL level talent.

agentfouser
11-23-2003, 12:55 PM
I was wondering.........We've all been keeping very good track of Brady Murray's stats, but what about his teammate and New Jersey 1st round pick Zach Parise? It'd be interesting to gauge how good we think Brady is by juxtaposing him with a 1st round pick who happens to play on the same team as Brady. Anyway, it was just a thought.......

i remember something from draft time last summer about brady murray having the talent to make the nhl, but lacking in size. the article (or whatever) implied that he would fall just because of his size, and that if he had four inches and fifty pounds more he would be a first or second rounder.

Kings Fanatic
11-23-2003, 05:24 PM
I would love for him to make it but I still think we have to take Brady's lack of size into account. I really don't think he'll make it but of course, I hope he proves me wrong.

punchy1
11-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Also remember that Strake is 5'9 and that the Squid himself is listed at the same but, I hear that is wishful thinking. Brady might make it if he keeps it up. I also like the way he just has that attitude of "I will only worry about what I can change". He can't fix his size so he goes out and gives his best and works on getting better. Character is worth as much as size in my book.

Captain Ron
11-24-2003, 12:51 AM
November 23

Juniors Update.....

Petr Kanko got 2 assists in a 3-3 tie with the Guelph Storm.

Mark Rooneem got an assist in Calgary's 3-2 loss to Moose Jaw.

Aaron Rome got an assist in Swift Current's 6-3 win over Saskatoon.

swinginutter*
11-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Also remember that Strake is 5'9 and that the Squid himself is listed at the same but, I hear that is wishful thinking. Brady might make it if he keeps it up. I also like the way he just has that attitude of "I will only worry about what I can change". He can't fix his size so he goes out and gives his best and works on getting better. Character is worth as much as size in my book.

Well said! He will make it in this league, no questions. He's been at our prospect camp since he was fifteen. And he's been taunting everyone there since day one. He has incredible hands and vision, and everywhere he's played, he has produced above expectations. I'm so over the size issue. Kanko is 5'9 (maybe), Avery is 5'9, Cammy is 5'9 and they play with more balls than our big guys. I'd take any of these guys over some big cream puff, that doesn't know how to use their size! Example.....Modry!

Capn Brown
11-24-2003, 05:28 PM
Guess Who's Ahead Of Zach Parise???

Here's something I borrowed from the "Fighting Sioux" website.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
North Dakota | Overall - 11 GP ( 9- 2- 0 .818) | Conf Only - 6 GP ( 5- 1- 0 .833) | Career
------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|----------------
## Player POS YR | GP G A PTS PEN/MIN PP SH GW GT | GP G A PTS PEN/MIN PP SH GW GT | GP G A PTS

7 Brandon Bochenski (OTT) F JR | 11 10 10 20 7/ 14 2 0 2 0 | 6 4 7 11 2/ 4 2 0 1 0 | 90 62 52 114

14 Brady Murray (LAK) F FR | 11 5 10 15 6/ 12 1 0 3 0 | 6 4 3 7 5/ 10 1 0 2 0 | 11 5 10 15

11 Zach Parise (NJD) F SO | 11 5 8 13 3/ 6 0 0 0 0 | 6 2 4 6 2/ 4 0 0 0 0 | 50 31 43 74

So if the above is too screwed up to read, I'll sumarize:

Devil's 1st round pick Zach Parise: 11 gp, 5 goals, 8 assists = 13 pts.

King's 5th round pick Brady Murray: 11gp, 5 goals, 10 assists = 15 pts.

;~D

CCTigers
11-24-2003, 07:02 PM
If you guys would like to watch Brady instead of just talking about stats, UND will be on satellite TV 4 times this year (at least) -
Friday Jan. 23 at Minnesota (Fox Sports North)
Saturday Jan. 24 at Minnesota (Fox Sports North)
Friday Feb. 6 at Wisconsin (Fox Sports North)
Friday Feb. 13 vs. Colorado College (College Sports TV)

The first three are on DirecTV and Dish Networks' sports packages, and the last is on DirecTV's sports pack.

Check this site for other college games on satellite:
http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/1Schedules/schedules_tv.htm

David A. Rainer
11-24-2003, 07:14 PM
Just call me Mr. Basic Cable Package.

agentfouser
11-24-2003, 08:47 PM
If you guys would like to watch Brady instead of just talking about stats, UND will be on satellite TV 4 times this year (at least) -
Friday Jan. 23 at Minnesota (Fox Sports North)
Saturday Jan. 24 at Minnesota (Fox Sports North)
Friday Feb. 6 at Wisconsin (Fox Sports North)
Friday Feb. 13 vs. Colorado College (College Sports TV)

The first three are on DirecTV and Dish Networks' sports packages, and the last is on DirecTV's sports pack.

Check this site for other college games on satellite:
http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/1Schedules/schedules_tv.htm

even though it might hypothetically be illegal, if someone lucky enough to have satellite tv were to tape one or more of those games and then either make copies of or cirulate that tape to a few of us at hf, that would, hypothetically speaking of course, rock.

Saprykin Fan
11-24-2003, 10:02 PM
in canada most games are on The Score, but i could get all my brothers games but hes never home to tape them lol. but ya richard said he is playing the best hockey of his life, he knows he has a cahnce next year so hes going 110% everytime, but ya later

agentfouser
11-24-2003, 10:51 PM
in canada most games are on The Score, but i could get all my brothers games but hes never home to tape them lol. but ya richard said he is playing the best hockey of his life, he knows he has a cahnce next year so hes going 110% everytime, but ya later

that is awesome. we need to get some quality video of as many of our prospects, especially the good ones, as possible. i'd love to see them play, and there's basically no chance of me ever making it a game outside greater los angeles.

David A. Rainer
11-29-2003, 12:06 AM
Nov 28

Connor James had a pair of assists in DU's 4-0 win over Findlay.

Mike Gabinet recorded an assist in UNO's romp over UMass 7-2.

Matt Zaba continued his hot play, stopping 16 of 18 shots faced in route to a 4-2 win over Air Force. Well... it was only Air Force. Richard Petiot did not score.

All other prospects either did not play or were held scoreless.

David A. Rainer
11-29-2003, 12:16 AM
Nov 28

Ryan Munce stopped 30 of 32 shots as Sarnia beat London 3-2. Ryan also stopped 30 of 32 shots while picking up the 3-2 win versus Plymouth the night before.

Petr Kanko picked up a two assists and was a +2, helping Kitchener to the 5-3 win over Ottawa.

Mark Rooneem had a big night as Calgary routed Red Deer 6-3. Rooneem picked up two goals (one shorthanded) and two assists for his first 4 point game in his WHL career.

Aaron Rome continued his steady production. Rome had a pair of assists (one on the powerplay) in Swift Current's 6-5 win over Medicine Hat.

Oilers Chick
11-29-2003, 09:35 PM
He didn't get any points but he was fantastic nonetheless.

You can read all about it in my Game Notes (11/29): Minnesota vs. Michigan (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=32115).

David A. Rainer
11-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Nov 29

Connor James had a goal and 2 assists in DU's 4-1 win over Air Force.

Matt Zaba remains on fire! He stopped all 21 shots he faced to earn his first collegiate shutout with a 4-0 blanking of Findlay. Even Richard Petiot chipped in with a goal of his own.

Nathan Marsters couldn't will RPI past #4 ranked New Hampshire. He made 23 saves but fell 4-3.

Ryan Murphy had an assist in BC's 4-2 win.

Dave Steckel tallied a pair of goals in OSU's blow-out win over Rob Blake's alma mater, Bowling Green, 7-0.

All other prospects either did not play or were held socreless.

David A. Rainer
11-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Nov 29

Ryan Munce is proving to be a bit of a workhorse. After shuting out Team Russia in the CHL/Russia challenge, he has gone on to start in net for Sarnia in three games on three consecutive nights. Tonight, he stopped 29 of 32 shots to earn a tie with Kitchener. Petr Kanko was held scoreless.

Mark Rooneem's Calgary team faced Joel Andresen's Lethbridge team. Neither scored as Calgary won 4-1.

Aaron Rome's Swift Current team was idle.

CCTigers
12-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Matt Zaba remains on fire! He stopped all 21 shots he faced to earn his first collegiate shutout with a 4-0 blanking of Findlay.

Matt has climbed up to #4 (out of 76) goalies in US D1 college hockey with a 1.46 gaa and #8 with a .938 saves % through 6 games. He's #1 and #2 in the WCHA in both as well. Maybe CC will have a goaltender controversy when their #1 guy gets back...

Captain Ron
12-03-2003, 07:18 PM
December 2nd,

Juniors update.....

Joel Andresen scored his 1st WHL goal in a 6-2 win over Saskatoon.

Mark Rooneem got an assist in Calgary's 4-3 win over Medicine hat.

Aaron Rome was scoreless in his game.

Saprykin Fan
12-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Matt has climbed up to #4 (out of 76) goalies in US D1 college hockey with a 1.46 gaa and #8 with a .938 saves % through 6 games. He's #1 and #2 in the WCHA in both as well. Maybe CC will have a goaltender controversy when their #1 guy gets back...

there will never be a controversy, curt is there #1 without a doubt even though matt has played good.

Captain Ron
12-05-2003, 08:39 PM
December 5th,

Juniors Update.....

Ryan Munce stopped 19 of 22 shots to get his 10th win of the season.

Petr Kanko received a game misconduct penalty early in his game and therefore didn't score any points in Kitcheners 5-4 win over Windsor.

Mark Rooneem was held scorless since calgary was shutout by Kamloops 1-0.

Captain Ron
12-05-2003, 08:46 PM
December 5th,

College Update.....

Marty Guerin assisted on both of Miami's goals in a 2-1 win over Ohio State.

Matt Zaba gave up 1 goal on 30 shots in a 2-0 loss to St. Cloud State.

All others were held scoreless or haven't played yet.

Oilers Chick
12-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Brian Boyle's performance tonight. I caught the BU/BC game earlier this evening. While Boyle didn't get on the score sheet, he did play quite well. Here are some observations on his play:

He uses his 6'7" frame quite well, particularly in front of the opposing net. He excels at being the "main screen" (for a lack of a better term) for the BC Eagles when attacking/shooting at the opposition's net. He protects the puck very well and makes excellent use of that long reach of his. He's getting more confident in his overall offensive game, taking more shots and finding those open spots on the ice. Where he still needs work is his physical game. At 6'7/220 one would think that Boyle would use that to his advantage as far as checking goes, but doesn't.

KINGLEWOOD
12-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the recap on Boyle's play, I didn't get to see the game last night but as a Kings fan I'm excited to see how Boyle develops. It sounds like you hit the nail right on the head, his overall game is pretty good and will only get better as he adapts to a higher level of competetion, and we're all hopeing his physical play will increase as well. Everyone knows that the road to the NHL for Boyle will be a bit longer than we'd like, but man when he gets there he will be a perfect compliment to the likes of Frolov, Brown etc.

David A. Rainer
12-06-2003, 11:34 PM
Dec 6

Greg Hogeboom had a goal and an assist and Dave Steckel added an assist in Miami's 4-2 win over OSU. That makes two wins in two nights over OSU. I wonder if the pollsters will finally give the unranked Red Hawks some much deserved love come Monday? (In case you hadn't noticed, they're one of my favorite college hockey teams)

Nathan Marsters stopped 24 of 28 shots to earn the 6-4 victory.

Matt Zaba a puck moving... goalie? He had an assist tonight and stopped 25 of 26 shots to beat SCSt 6-1.

Connor James had an assist in DU's loss.

Mike Sullivan tallied a goal and an assist in Clarkson's loss.

The Boston College game was postponed due to the blizzard.

All other prospects were held scoreless.

David A. Rainer
12-06-2003, 11:36 PM
Nov 6

Ryan Munce stopped 29 or 32 shots but lost the game 3-2.

Mark Rooneem had an assist and other other prospects either did not play or were held scoreless. (kind of a slow night for Kings' juniors prospects)

CCTigers
12-07-2003, 06:39 AM
With his spectacular performance against the #1 team in the WCHA, Matt Zaba has taken over the #1 spot in all of D1 college hockey with a 1.35 gaa, and is tied for #3 nationally with a .945 saves %. Matt won the national rookie of the month award (http://wcha.ocsn.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/120503aaa.html) for November. He's also #1 in both gaa and saves % in league play (1.36 and .948).

This kid is spectacularly unflappable. He has played in the road in some tough buildings, and he looks like a veteran out there. CC's All-American goaltender is almost back from mononucleosis, and may travel to Alaska for the upcoming series against UAA. My guess is that he's not quite ready and will backup Matt in Alaska. When the team gets back from break, CC's coach is going to have a tough task choosing a goaltender. Either he will sit an All-American or the top statistical goaltender in the nation.

agentfouser
12-07-2003, 12:00 PM
With his spectacular performance against the #1 team in the WCHA, Matt Zaba has taken over the #1 spot in all of D1 college hockey with a 1.35 gaa, and is tied for #3 nationally with a .945 saves %. Matt won the national rookie of the month award (http://wcha.ocsn.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/120503aaa.html) for November. He's also #1 in both gaa and saves % in league play (1.36 and .948).

This kid is spectacularly unflappable. He has played in the road in some tough buildings, and he looks like a veteran out there. CC's All-American goaltender is almost back from mononucleosis, and may travel to Alaska for the upcoming series against UAA. My guess is that he's not quite ready and will backup Matt in Alaska. When the team gets back from break, CC's coach is going to have a tough task choosing a goaltender. Either he will sit an All-American or the top statistical goaltender in the nation.

how old is zaba? and have his numbers always been this good but with less playing time? or has he taken it to a new level with the increased workload and pressure?

David A. Rainer
12-07-2003, 12:30 PM
how old is zaba? and have his numbers always been this good but with less playing time? or has he taken it to a new level with the increased workload and pressure?

He's a 20 year old freshman. He was probably the best goalie in the BCHL last year and was named playoff MVP. I think he was rated as the third best goalie recruit this offseason. Before McElhinney went down with mono, Zaba was 2-0-0 with a 1.50GAA, so I'd say he's just continuing what he's been doing all year.

Saprykin Fan said that Zaba completely impressed everyone in training camp so it is no surprise that he's doing well. CC also has a great defense.

Captain Ron
12-07-2003, 06:19 PM
December 7th,

Juniors update.....

Petr Kanko scored his 14th goal of the year on the power play but the Erie Otters tied it with 26 seconds left in the game.Final score 1:1.Petr was awarded 3rd star honors.

No other juniors prospects played tonight.

Sam
12-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Juniors
Kanko, Petr: 25GP, 14G, 19A, 33Pts, +9, 53PIM
Rooneem, Mark: 31GP, 14G, 10A, 24Pts, +3, 29PIM
Rome, Aaron: 31GP, 5G, 22A, 27Pts, +11, 93PIM
Andresen, Joel: 15GP, 1G, 4A, 5Pts, 0, 26PIM

Munce, Ryan: 20GP, 10-7-3, 2.7GAA, .913SV%, 0 SO

College
Hogeboom, Greg: 18GP, 9G, 12A, 21Pts
Guerin, Marty: 18GP, 5G, 9A, 14Pts
Tambellini, Jeff: 16GP, 9G, 3A, 12Pts
Gabinet, Mike: 16GP, 3G, 8A, 11Pts
Steckel, Dave: 18GP, 10G, 5A, 15Pts
Sullivan, Mike: 15GP, 3G, 4A, 7Pts
Ryan Murphy: 15GP, 3G, 4A, 7Pts
Boyle, Brian: 15GP, 5G, 2A, 7Pts
Petiot, Richard: 14GP, 2G, 2A, 4Pts
James, Connor: 16GP, 4G, 12A, 16Pts
Murray, Brady: 11GP, 5G, 10A, 15Pts

Marsters, Nathan: 12GP, 7-4-1, 2.73GAA, .898SV%, 1 SO
Zaba, Matt: 8GP, 5-1-2, 1.35GAA, .945SV%, 1 SO

punchy1
12-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Howabout Steckle and Hogeboom! I mean true that there are others having a great year but Steckle were written off as a bust by some and here he is glowing. Great crack to watch him coming into his own. Hogeboom is a keeper as well. Two years in a row he has been a good player. Thanks Sam for the updates.

KingPurpleDinosaur
12-09-2003, 11:29 AM
i duno bout steckle still... i mean i saw him at the prospects scrimmage and the guy looked like he was fumbling all over the place. based on what i saw, i would say it's going to take him a long time before we ever see him in the nhl, meaning at least another 3-4 years. but if he can get good, then i won't complain.

punchy1
12-09-2003, 03:58 PM
That would be fine with me. If he leaves college and then needs another year or so in the AHL before he gets his pro legs then that would still leave him a young man with plenty of game left in him. He has been playing well as a senior and he had a good year last year too. He was told by the team (la) to work on his deffencive game and that they saw him as a third line monster (or so I read) so he did and now this year he is trying to put it all together. Thanks for the update on how he looked at camp, I hope that he can keep on his slow developement like bigger blokes tend to do and then become our top stopper in two or three years. Massive.

viking
12-11-2003, 06:07 PM
That would be fine with me. If he leaves college and then needs another year or so in the AHL before he gets his pro legs then that would still leave him a young man with plenty of game left in him. He has been playing well as a senior and he had a good year last year too. He was told by the team (la) to work on his deffencive game and that they saw him as a third line monster (or so I read) so he did and now this year he is trying to put it all together. Thanks for the update on how he looked at camp, I hope that he can keep on his slow developement like bigger blokes tend to do and then become our top stopper in two or three years. Massive.

Imagine a line of karlsson boyle and steckel. all of them over 6'5" what a stopper line.

MOOSE55
12-12-2003, 06:58 AM
Imagine a line of karlsson boyle and steckel. all of them over 6'5" what a stopper line.
welcome to the Kings board! :handclap:

punchy1
12-12-2003, 08:24 AM
I thought that Karlson were 6'3"? If he is over 6'5" then that would be a truly brutal line! Big and hard hitting. Boyle needs to still learn to hit and use his body more and I can't comment on Karlson but I can say that if they all come even solid 3rd liner guys then that would be one scary line to face.

The triton line.

punchy1
12-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Oh, and welcome to the boards viking! No nik fisten around here ok?

;)

David A. Rainer
12-12-2003, 09:35 AM
I thought that Karlson were 6'3"? If he is over 6'5" then that would be a truly brutal line! Big and hard hitting. Boyle needs to still learn to hit and use his body more and I can't comment on Karlson but I can say that if they all come even solid 3rd liner guys then that would be one scary line to face.

The triton line.

I like to call it the FSU Line

David A. Rainer
12-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Anyone have word on what happened to Ryan Munce tonight? He was taken out of the game after only a couple of minutes in the 1st period. Injury? Well, let's face it... he's a King so it can only be an injury.

agentfouser
12-13-2003, 09:38 AM

The triton line.

i've never seen karlsson play a full game, but over the summer there was a link floating around here that had a video of jens drilling some guy in a swedish league game. jens absolutely crushed this guy into the boards, and i believe he got a game suspension for it. i don't think the hit was dirty, ie no boarding-from-behind-neck-spasming-wwe-raw kind of hit, just clean and super hard. if anyone remembers the link, repost that bad boy.

punchy1
12-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Brilliant! Is he actually 6 5 now? Lord that is a scary young man if so. The average hieght on that line would be in the 6 6 range. Big scary and brutal! You would also be able to pop Steckel on it from shift to shift. Imagine that lot baring down on you when you are looking up with the puck in the corner trying to find a mate to pass it to. Bloody petrifying.

Captain Ron
12-19-2003, 08:27 PM
December 19th

Juniors Update....

Ryan Munce gave up 3 goals on 35 shots in a 3:3 tie with the Ottawa 67's.Munce was given 3rd star honors.

Mark Rooneem scored his 15th goal of the season in Calgary's 7:1 win over the Brandon Wheat Kings on Wednesday.

David A. Rainer
12-27-2003, 11:47 PM
Dec 27

Joel Andresen had a goal and an assist and earned the #1 Star in Lethbridge's 5-3 win over Calgary. Mark Rooneem was held scoreless.

Aaron Rome was quite in SC's loss.

Ryan Munce stopped 28 of 30 shots to earn the 3-2 win.

David A. Rainer
12-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Dec 28

Ryan Munce stopped all 40 shots in route to a 4-0 shutout, his first of the season.

David A. Rainer
01-03-2004, 10:56 PM
Kings prospect statistical update is up on the front page of the site.

Link (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6560&mode=threaded&order=0)

punchy1
01-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Brilliant dfa! Cheers.

David A. Rainer
01-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Kings college prospect update is up on the main page (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/)

David A. Rainer
01-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Aaron Rome was traded from SC to Moose Jaw of the WHL. Doesn't mean much - Rome will finish out the remainder of the season in Moose Jaw as an overager and then hopefully finally sign with the Kings.

Actually, as it turns out, Aaron's brother Ashton plays for Moose Jaw. I guess he wanted to finish things out playing alongside his bro.

"The Swift Current Broncos traded defenceman 20 year old defenceman Aaron Rome (Nesbitt, MB) and 19 year old forward Aaron Richards (Saskatoon, SK) to the Moose Jaw Warriors for 17 year old defenceman Michael Busto (Burnaby, BC), 20 year old forward Derek Krestanovich (Surrey, BC) and 19 year old goaltender Blake Grenier (Edmonton, AB)."

Sam
01-10-2004, 03:53 PM
I thought that Rome would become a UFA if he doesn't sign with the Kings due to his age and that he is playing as an overager, similar to Colorado drafting Branko Radivojevic and Phoenix signing him as a free agent :dunno:

David A. Rainer
01-10-2004, 05:22 PM
I thought that Rome would become a UFA if he doesn't sign with the Kings due to his age and that he is playing as an overager, similar to Colorado drafting Branko Radivojevic and Phoenix signing him as a free agent :dunno:

You could be right. The clause is 8.6(e), which states:

"(e) Except as otherwise provided in this Section, a claimed player unsigned on June 2 next succeeding his draft shall be removed from the Reserve List of the Club that claimed him."

I don't know what happens after he is removed from the reserve list - back into the draft or free to sign with anyone? I guess it would be free to sign because I don't remember that many prospects going back into the draft. But I do remember Papineau going back into the draft. Which is it? :dunno: Edit - upon further research, I think a player from juniors (I emphasize juniors because there is a certain situation when college players MUST go back into the draft) goes back into the draft at his own option (if he still meets the other eligibility requirements for the draft). So Rome could either be free to sign with anyone or opt back into the draft.

BTW - he wouldn't become a completely UFA. He still can only sign a contract subject to the Entry Level Compensation program ("the rookie cap") of 9.1.

Oilers Chick
01-11-2004, 12:21 AM
I caught both games of the Minnesota/Colorado College series this weekend. Here's some observations:

Matt Zaba: He didn't have all that great of a game earlier tonight (Saturday). However, I did see a few encouraging things about him. He excellent at playing the puck. Makes nice outlet passes to his forwards and defensemen. Also, he loves to shoot it. He's got a good glove and possesses some good reflexes. He's a bit slow on his lateral movements though. The most glaring weakness he had in tonight's game was controlling his rebounds. He had some real problems in that area. BTW, he didn't play in last night's game.

Richard Petiot: A very physical and lanky Dman. He laid alot of hits on the Minnesota players this weekend. He could use some bulking up. He plays with some passion but he needs to be able to keep his emotions in check. He's a very good skater and excellent with the puck. He seems to like jumping into plays and created some excellent scoring chances for CC, especially in tonight's game.

BTW, if you want to read more on how these two guys played tonight, please check out my Game Notes (1/10): Minnesota vs. Colorado College (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?postid=695573) thread over on the NCAA boards.

Oilers Chick
01-18-2004, 01:22 AM
:handclap:

He was terrific earlier tonight in the game vs. BU.

You can read all about how he did in my Game Notes (1/17): Boston College vs. Boston University (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=727527) over on the NCAA board.

Capn Brown
01-21-2004, 02:30 AM
Steckel now has 18 points in 36 games. I guess a point every two games isn't too bad, eh?

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.ocsn.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/steckel_dave00.html

David A. Rainer
01-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Steckel now has 18 points in 36 games. I guess a point every two games isn't too bad, eh?

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.ocsn.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/steckel_dave00.html

Actually, for college hockey that's bad. The top players will average a point per game.

At least he's got 19 in 24 games this season. Definitely improved but still not quite what was expected out of him when drafted.

Capn Brown
01-21-2004, 12:52 PM
Actually, for college hockey that's bad. The top players will average a point per game.

At least he's got 19 in 24 games this season. Definitely improved but still not quite what was expected out of him when drafted.
Oops! I accidentally posted his stats for last season! You're quite right, DTA, he's got 19 in 24..............

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.ocsn.com/sports/m-hockey/stats/teamcume.html

Oilers Chick
01-24-2004, 03:50 AM
I saw the Michigan/WMU game earlier tonight. Tambellini was fabulous!!!! He was playing on a line with Dwight Helminen and Eric Nystrom....arguably Michigan's best line of the night. Tamby had several good breakaway chances but just couldn't put the biscuit in the basket. He did however, earn an assist on Jason Dest's first career goal.

If you'd like to read more about this game, please check out my Game Notes (1/23): Michigan vs. Western Michigan (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=755631) over on the NCAA board.

P.S. I'll have the Brady Murray update tomorrow night (Saturday) when I see the Minnesota/North Dakota game. (I've also got tonight's game on tape, but haven't had a chance to finish watching it yet).

Oilers Chick
01-25-2004, 06:04 AM
He looked pretty good in the weekend series, especially in the Friday night game. He got knocked around pretty good by the Minnesota defense, but showed some tremendous resilience.

He was playing on a line with Zach Parise and Quinn Fylling (Friday) and Drew Stafford (Saturday). Bochenski was playing with Colby Genoway and Chris Porter in both games.

The line combo on Friday generated more offensive chances IMO. However, he made a nice play that led to David Lundbohm's goal in the Saturday game.

If you'd like to read more about how Murray did and how the weekend series went, please check out my Game Notes: Minnesota vs. North Dakota (both games) (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=760692) over on the NCAA boards. [FYI, the thread is quite long!]

Sam
01-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Juniors
Kanko, Petr: 33GP, 19G, 26A, 45Pts, +12, 63PIM
Rome, Aaron: 50GP, 8G, 32A, 40Pts, +24, 148PIM
Rooneem, Mark: 49GP, 20G, 17A, 37Pts, +10, 57PIM
Andresen, Joel: 31GP, 3G, 13A, 16Pts, +1, 54PIM

Munce, Ryan: 38GP, 18-15-4, 2.87GAA, .914SV%, 1 SO

College
James, Connor: 28GP, 8G, 21A, 29Pts
Hogeboom, Greg: 26GP, 13G, 15A, 28Pts
Murray, Brady: 19GP, 9G, 16A, 25Pts
Guerin, Marty: 26GP, 8G, 15A, 23Pts
Steckel, Dave: 26GP, 12G, 7A, 19Pts
Gabinet, Mike: 26GP, 4G, 14A, 18Pts
Tambellini, Jeff: 20GP, 9G, 6A, 15Pts
Sullivan, Mike: 23GP, 6G, 7A, 13Pts
Boyle, Brian: 23GP, 5G, 3A, 8Pts
Ryan Murphy: 24GP, 4G, 4A, 8Pts
Petiot, Richard: 24GP, 2G, 2A, 4Pts

Zaba, Matt: 15GP, 6-6-2, 1.92GAA, .921SV%, 1 SO
Marsters, Nathan: 20GP, 12-7-1, 2.14GAA, .914SV%, 3 SO

no name
02-08-2004, 03:50 AM
Steckel earned player of the week honors. Good job.

punchy1
02-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Steckel is of no real value, havent you heard? He will never be worth much of anything so, no use letting us know about it then. Total wash out. ;)

punchy1
02-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks to Oilers chick for coming here with updates. Right kind of you.

jfont
02-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Steckel is of no real value, havent you heard? He will never be worth much of anything so, no use letting us know about it then. Total wash out. ;)
i don't know about you but being a kings fan, i would hope that each and every one of these prospect turns out to be a gem...if steckel turns out to be a joel otto, i'm sure everyone here would be more than happy...

punchy1
02-08-2004, 02:26 PM
What in the devil are you on about now mate? I mean, "I don't know about you being a Kings fan"? Or this another one of them "its alright for everyone to have a pull with the exception of punchy things? Someone should send me reminder on how this whole thing works. Everyone makes an obvious joke, funny, I make one, my being a Kings fan gets questioned?

Again, this is absolutely on to being right borish by now.

Kingz4life
02-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Steckel is of no real value, havent you heard? He will never be worth much of anything so, no use letting us know about it then. Total wash out. ;)Steckle's defense can land him a spot on a 4th line. He might eventually become a 3rd line forward. ;)

jfont
02-08-2004, 03:20 PM
What in the devil are you on about now mate? I mean, "I don't know about you being a Kings fan"? Or this another one of them "its alright for everyone to have a pull with the exception of punchy things? Someone should send me reminder on how this whole thing works. Everyone makes an obvious joke, funny, I make one, my being a Kings fan gets questioned?

oh, you're joking...ooops...

punchy1
02-08-2004, 04:20 PM
;) no mate ;) I ;) were serious;) I mean ;) after all ;) i were attacked pretty well for suggesting he ;) had some trade value in a thread that asked us all to take a shot at what we would try and do if we were Dave Taylor. I stated what I see as his having solid value and how he could become a very effective third or fourth line player with allot of upside (as none of us know what will happen with any prospect truly. The best we can do is guess what we believe might happen based on what we read and hear or might see against others of thier own talent. Timmonen is an excellent example. As is Lehoux.) and was told how wrong I were and how he hasn't got the grapes and that.

Now, i didn't see you or anyone else questioning whether or not Navigator or anyone who didn't agree with my opinion were Kings fans or to that point, I didn't see anyone else put any real time into making a proposal that gave thier reasoning behind thier ideas if at all.

I edited this as it were too much whinning for my taste.

David A. Rainer
02-08-2004, 04:51 PM
;) no mate ;) I ;) were serious;) I mean ;) after all ;) i were attacked pretty well for suggesting he ;) had some trade value in a thread that asked us all to take a shot at what we would try and do if we were Dave Taylor.

Oh geez. You weren't attacked. If you were attacked by me, you'd know it. ;)

I stated Steckel had no trade value. And he doesn't because AT BEST he becomes a solid 4th line forward or 3rd line grinder. But ya know what, every organization already has tons of those players in their systems. And when they are traded, they're called "throw-ins" for a reason.

And Steckel won the CCHA Players of the Week (only for his conference and not all of college hockey) because of the goal and two assists he had against Bowling Green. It's always impressive when someone gets 3 points in a game and I don't want to take that away from him. But let's put it in prospective: 1.) Bowling Green is a TERRIBLE team; 2.) those are the only points he's had in the last FIVE games; and 3.) his goal was a jam-in on a rebound.

punchy1
02-08-2004, 05:14 PM
I werent talking about you mate, why did you feel I were?

That said, my point stands mate. Nobody said that you or Nav weren't kings fans for what you said about Steckel yet here we are. This is an accumulative thing for me so, again, I know that none care about my position here and though I have stated what I feel might be the reason why, I am truly done with it. You I will respond to on this as these are your boards and are always a decent enough bloke with me. Bugger the rest.

I mean, could what I wrote, even on the wildly outside chance that it were taken as my trashing him, which I have a hard time believing anyone would take as serious, do you see it as grounds to question my being a fan of the team? I mean really, that is my whole point. NOT what his value is mate. We talked about that and I stand by my opinion of Steckle and what I said. He *may* or not become an NHL third or fourth line talent. You pointed out his weaknesses as did some others and I accept them as valid opinions. I still stand by my own but, we are all just fans and I feel that none of what any of us say about anything to do with the game is of any more value, mine included, then anyone elses.

That is absolutely not the reason I wrote what I did here. I wrote what I did because I am tired of being the only poster here who, when posts something that isn't specifically in line with what the heavies here think get told where to get off when others are allowed to post opinion with relative certainty that they can have a civil debtate (like we did on Steckle) and not having whether they are or aren't a Kings fan brought up.

If it were *this one time* that I were dealt with in the same manner that a fan of another team would be, (tolerated but never accepted) of course I wouldn't say anything. The truth is that lately, if I post something it is approached like I dumped on everyone to do it by allot of the posters here when I would never treat them in like manner. I used that example as one of many I could have. One person asks what we would do if we were Dave. I wrote what I would try and do and my reasons and the rest of the thread is about how wrong I were. Of course, i said I were more than likely daft to start with but thats what it was. Instead of anyone else truly posting what they would do. The thread were an exercise in how wrong I am and why. Since this is becoming the norm I posted what I did above. Not to debate whether or not you attacked me, I never said you did (though I suppose you could draw that from my above post) and like I said, I considered that we had a solid debate about him. Others though, took my position as both laughable and a serious point of contention when all it was were the position of a Kiwi hockey fan who has yet to see the lad play.

If I were acting like I knew anything then of course, I would have it coming. Since I openly admit I don't and this is a sort of recent phenomenom I have to question why, although, as I said, I already know why. What pegs me is why nobody ever pm'd me about any of what were said and why, nobody ever simply asked me what I thought on it. Instead, it were simply accepted as fact. Well, it is untrue mate. I have tried to prove it and like I said, am done with it. Why should I bother. Not one ounce of respect were paid to me over it. Why would I have to do the same? Well, done for certain on the subject this time mate. I truly no longer care. This is a looney hockey fan site where we come to toss off about our favourite team. I don't bloody care what a few think of my nutter opinions. I just had to vent as it were getting old. All is fair now. For me anyways. No worries.

jfont
02-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Now, i didn't see you or anyone else questioning whether or not Navigator or anyone who didn't agree with my opinion were Kings fans or to that point, I didn't see anyone else put any real time into making a proposal that gave thier reasoning behind thier ideas if at all.

I edited this as it were too much whinning for my taste.
i know you've edited it already but i know you were talking about me before you edited it so let me just say...I REALLY THINK YOU'RE OVER-REACTING HERE PUNCHY...settle down bud. :)

I'll PM you later if its ok with ya...

David A. Rainer
02-08-2004, 05:28 PM
I werent talking about you mate, why did you feel I were?

I thought you were referring to our debate about Steckel. Sorry if I was being presumptious.

I don't understand the rest of your post. Was that at me? :dunno:

David A. Rainer
02-08-2004, 05:32 PM

Oh, I see what's going on. I think you mis-read what he posted. He said "I don't know about you but being a Kings fan..." (you forgot the "but" in your quote) I think by that jfont meant that as a Kings fan he was going to put on his rose-colored glasses (not that he was saying you weren't) and hope that every single player ever signed or drafted by the Kings becomes the next Joe Thornton. He was just being the overly vigilent optimist. ;)

jfont
02-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Oh, I see what's going on. I think you mis-read what he posted. He said "I don't know about you but being a Kings fan..." (you forgot the "but" in your quote) I think by that jfont meant that as a Kings fan he was going to put on his rose-colored glasses (not that he was saying you weren't) and hope that every single player ever signed or drafted by the Kings becomes the next Joe Thornton. He was just being the overly vigilent optimist. ;)
yeah, that...

thank you counselor... :p

punchy1
02-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Good lord. I am the perfect ass. I DID read it as "I don't know about you being a Kings fan". God I am thick. Well, what can you say when you are proven to have been so totally wrong that you feel about as stupid as one can? I will say that I am truly sorry for acting so ginger and want to say I am sorry about what I wrote. I guess it is the result of a few things that have built up on the boards and in such, had me ready and waiting for the next thing to snap. I were that perverbial camel searching for that final straw.

Some of what I said does still stand. I am at my full up on being treated differently then others for what I feel is no true reason, but, I as usual went off half cocked and did over react and am sorry for that. (I read there are a pill for that now so I wouldn't worry about it happening again)

So, sorry again mates. Ugh, this is embarrasing, sort of.

Cheers. ugh.

Oilers Chick
02-08-2004, 10:39 PM
OK Kings fans, finally caught an RPI game and gotta chance to see Marsters play. So here's some observations about him:

He's huge (6'4/200) and covers alot of net. He's good on low shots, plays his angles pretty well and has excellent lateral movement. He follows plays quite well too. His glove could use some work but where he's weakest IMO is on high shots and committing too early. I saw him in the Saturday night game versus Clarkson. He gotten beaten a couple of times high (even the ones that didn't go in), and on one play (I believe he was going up against Jay Latulippe, I think it was) he made the error of committing first. Fortunately the shot taken was wide, otherwise he would've gotten beaten.

BTW, if you want to read about how this game went (believe me, it's definitely worth reading about), I've got the game notes on this game posted over on the NCAA boards.

no name
02-13-2004, 10:51 PM
I wonder how Tambellini did today in Michigans 4-1 victory.

Oilers Chick
02-14-2004, 12:42 AM
I wonder how Tambellini did today in Michigans 4-1 victory.

He played pretty well. He almost scored a goal just before the 2nd period ended, but didn't. I was quite impressed with the way Marty Guerin played for Miami-Ohio. Hogeboom wasn't bad but didn't do anything that really stood out. Michigan did a great job of containing the high powered RedHawks offense.

If you want to read further about how the game went, please check out my Game Notes (2/13): Miami-Ohio vs. Michigan (http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=860194) thread over on the NCAA boards.

no name
02-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Where is all of our prospect updates? I hope Tambs scores at least once out of Michigans 8 goals.

Peter James Bond
02-15-2004, 03:28 AM
Powerhouse North Dakota came in at 20-5-3 overall tonight vs. Colorado College. The previous night, Colorado had McElhinney in goal and North Dakota rolled them, 5-2.

Zaba got the start tonight for Colorado and they were outshot by North Dakota, 33-16, yet beat them, 4-1, behind Zaba's play.

Heres the recap:

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20032004/m/02/14/cc-und.php

boxscore:

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20040214&vis=cc&home=und&gender=m

Its refreshing to know the Kings have a few excellent goalie prospects in Zaba, Munce and even Marsters. Marsters has turned it around and is playing his best hockey in this, his senior year.

Matt Zaba:

http://www.coloradocollege.edu/Athletics/Hockey/roster/2003/Zaba.cfm

Zaba's stats: (scroll down)
His .920 save % is 10th in College hockey and his 1.93 GAA is 6th!
Not bad for a Freshman!

http://www.uscho.com/stats/

Peter James Bond
02-15-2004, 03:33 AM
Where is all of our prospect updates? I hope Tambs scores at least once out of Michigans 8 goals.

Nope, not a goal...not even an assist, among the 8 goals!

http://www.uscho.com/box/index.php?date=20040214&vis=mu&home=um&gender=m

And, 2 of Miami of Ohio's top players are King draftees: Hogeboom and Marty Guerin and neither of them had a sinble point among MU's 5 goals!

Whats wrong with Tambellini? I hope he's nursing an injury or something, because he only has 18 points in 26 games! He had 45 points in 43 games as a Freshman last year, leading Michigan in scoring.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team.php?season=20032004&team=65&gender=m

no name
02-15-2004, 05:11 AM
That is very disapointing.

KINGLEWOOD
02-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Friday night I was flipping back and forth from the Kings horrible game vs. the Sabres along with Miami vs. Michigan and North Dakota vs. Colorado College. I was really hoping to see some Kings and future Kings whoop some a$$, so as you guys know by now I was dissapointed.

Hogeboom looked real mediocore, it seemed to me like he just wasn't up for the challenge which could proboraly be said for the whole team. I liked what I saw in Marty Guerin who I was impressed with during the summer camp in LA. Guerin actually reminds me a bit of Dustin Brown although he doesn't have as much bite to his game.

It looked to me that Jeff Tambellini needs some rest or something, he just did not look sharp out there. He did get an assist on Michigans first goal but somethings definetly missing from his game, he had trouble receiving passes out there and wasn't able to use his creative skills to make things happen. The broadcasters were saying he needs a dirty goal and I couldn't agree more. I think this guy can be just as good as Zach Parise he just needs to get out of his streak.

Brady Murray looked good skating with ND's top line, one thing I think BM doesn't get recognized for is his toughness. There's been a couple times were I've seen him take some punishment before and after the whistles but he always gets right back up and is in the middle of the action exchanging punches.

Richard Petiot looked dam good skating with CC, and I know he's big but he looked like a monster on the blue line for his team. I was impressed with how much ground he was able to cover skating on the wide rinks. Richard handles the puck real well and was making some good hits out there.

Nothing spectacular to report, there were some positives but Friday the 13th wasn't good to the Kings organization.

punchy1
02-16-2004, 02:47 PM
It is a wonder that they all didn't die in a plane crash with our luck. Hogeboom is supposedly nursing an injury from what I read. Petiot is good isn't he. I saw him play one a week or so ago and were right impressed.

Sam
02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Juniors
Kanko, Petr: 43GP, 20G, 33A, 53Pts, +10, 80PIM
Rome, Aaron: 59GP, 9G, 37A, 46Pts, +23, 172PIM
Andresen, Joel: 38GP, 3G, 14A, 17Pts, +5, 66PIM

Munce, Ryan: 45GP, 23-17-4, 2.94GAA, .913SV%, 1 SO

College
Murray, Brady: 25GP, 13G, 19A, 32Pts
Hogeboom, Greg: 32GP, 14G, 16A, 30Pts
James, Connor: 32GP, 8G, 22A, 30Pts
Guerin, Marty: 32GP, 10G, 17A, 27Pts
Steckel, Dave: 31GP, 13G, 9A, 22Pts
Gabinet, Mike: 30GP, 4G, 16A, 20Pts
Tambellini, Jeff: 26GP, 9G, 9A, 18Pts
Sullivan, Mike: 29GP, 7G, 8A, 15Pts
Murphy, Ryan: 30GP, 5G, 8A, 13Pts
Boyle, Brian: 26GP, 5G, 3A, 8Pts
Petiot, Richard: 30GP, 2G, 3A, 5Pts

Zaba, Matt: 17GP, 8-6-2, 1.87GAA, .925SV%, 1 SO
Marsters, Nathan: 26GP, 16-9-1, 2.15GAA, .918SV%, 4 SO

Buckeye
02-18-2004, 12:50 AM
DT and Aaron Rome's agent need to get together and get a contract ironed out.

This organization desperately needs an infusion of young, physical defensemen like Rome and Petoit to replace Miller and Norstrom in a couple of years.

Get it done DT!!

two out of three*
02-18-2004, 01:44 AM
Do you think its possible that we will see Brady Murray on the ice for L.A. within the next 2 years?

Tadite
02-21-2004, 02:13 PM

This organization desperately needs an infusion of young, physical defensemen like Rome and Petoit to replace Miller and Norstrom in a couple of years.

Get it done DT!!

Really? I thougtht that Gleason and Greb was the influxe of high level talent we will need in a few years. Not to mention that Lubo and Corvo are still in their mid-20's.

I keep hearing how Rome is to be a defensive d-man but how is it that he has so many points? Petoit with his 8 points seems to be more of a Norstrom type of guy. What is the real deal with Rome?

Note: I agree I hope we sign him a swell. Can't go wrong with to much defensive depth:)>

Buckeye
02-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Rome's Bio (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=1936)

One of the "Most Ready D-Men in the WHL"

How many D-men in our system play with an edge?

He was getting a lot of props from those Kings fans who attended the summer prospect camp at H.S.

Anchutz can always save his money and buy another soccer team or newspaper..

LuckyLUC20
02-24-2004, 03:41 PM

Get it done DT!!
The more I hear about these guys, the more I get excited for the future of the Kings, esp. on D. I wish I could see these guys play.

Sam
02-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Juniors
Kanko, Petr: 49GP, 25G, 36A, 61Pts, +12, 88PIM
Rome, Aaron: 66GP, 9G, 38A, 47Pts, +32, 194PIM
Andresen, Joel: 43GP, 3G, 14A, 17Pts, +9, 70PIM

Munce, Ryan: 49GP, 26-18-4, 2.92GAA, .913SV%, 1 SO

College
Murray, Brady: 29GP, 16G, 21A, 37Pts
Hogeboom, Greg: 34GP, 16G, 18A, 34Pts
James, Connor: 36GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Guerin, Marty: 34GP, 11G, 18A, 29Pts
Steckel, Dave: 33GP, 13G, 9A, 22Pts
Gabinet, Mike: 34GP, 4G, 18A, 22Pts
Tambellini, Jeff: 30GP, 11G, 9A, 20Pts
Sullivan, Mike: 33GP, 7G, 8A, 15Pts
Murphy, Ryan: 34GP, 6G, 8A, 14Pts
Boyle, Brian: 28GP, 5G, 3A, 8Pts
Petiot, Richard: 34GP, 3G, 3A, 6Pts

Marsters, Nathan: 30GP, 18-11-1, 2.06GAA, .923SV%, 5 SO
Zaba, Matt: 20GP, 9-8-2, 2.15GAA, .914SV%, 1 SO

KINGLEWOOD
03-01-2004, 12:06 AM
This was a great weekend for the Kings prospects in the NCAA, it's good to see that our goaltenders have been doing well. I read last week that Andy Nowicki the Kings goaltending consultant, was at one of RPI's games to scout Nathan Marsters. He's had a great season, and they need to decide weither or not to sign him to a contract. I don't think Hnlicka will return next year so there might be a spot open.

KINGLEWOOD
03-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Friday 3-12-2004, Kings prospects made some noise throughout the NCAA to get their teams off to a good start in the playoffs.

Jeff Tambellini 1 assist
Dave Steckel 2 assists
Greg Hogeboom 1 goal
Marty Guerin 1 goal
Brady Murray 1 goal 1 assist
Richard Petiot 1 assist

Nathan Marsters 34 saves (1 GA) WIN
Matt Zaba 18 saves (3 GA) WIN and 1 assist

Not to rip B.Boyle but I just thought it was funny that he and M.Zaba both have 3 assists this season. It says a lot that Zaba started the first playoff game and picked up the win for CC against their rivals DU.

Saprykin Fan
03-14-2004, 03:50 AM
My bros team won again tonight 6-1 now they move onto the final 5 tournament, he got another assist tonight he said, i dunno its funny about him, hes a playoff performer, or as the say "clutch" lol, but im watchin the game tommorow night so i will let u know what happened.

Friday 3-12-2004, Kings prospects made some noise throughout the NCAA to get their teams off to a good start in the playoffs.

Jeff Tambellini 1 assist
Dave Steckel 2 assists
Greg Hogeboom 1 goal
Marty Guerin 1 goal
Brady Murray 1 goal 1 assist
Richard Petiot 1 assist

Nathan Marsters 34 saves (1 GA) WIN
Matt Zaba 18 saves (3 GA) WIN and 1 assist

Not to rip B.Boyle but I just thought it was funny that he and M.Zaba both have 3 assists this season. It says a lot that Zaba started the first playoff game and picked up the win for CC against their rivals DU.

Oilers Chick
03-14-2004, 04:04 AM
This was a great weekend for the Kings prospects in the NCAA, it's good to see that our goaltenders have been doing well. I read last week that Andy Nowicki the Kings goaltending consultant, was at one of RPI's games to scout Nathan Marsters. He's had a great season, and they need to decide weither or not to sign him to a contract. I don't think Hnlicka will return next year so there might be a spot open.

I wouldn't say that Marsters has had a GREAT season, but it's been great down the stretch. (FYI, earlier tonight Marsters gave up 5 goals on 25 shots then got yanked.....Dartmouth killed RPI 6-0 to force a 3rd and deciding game tomorrow). If the Kings do decide to sign him, I fully expect him to start either with Reading or Manchester. He's definitely not quite NHL ready.

Just my two cents.

KINGLEWOOD
03-14-2004, 10:02 PM
I agree Marsters is most likely not NHL ready and you're right if he is signed the ECHL would be the best place for him. I think he's had an overall good season, and I trust DT and his boys will make the right decision as to weither or not to sign him. I know I would like to have Hauser under contract, this guy has been outstanding for Manchester.

KINGLEWOOD
03-14-2004, 10:04 PM
My bros team won again tonight 6-1 now they move onto the final 5 tournament, he got another assist tonight he said, i dunno its funny about him, hes a playoff performer, or as the say "clutch" lol, but im watchin the game tommorow night so i will let u know what happened.

Wish him luck for us!

jfont
03-14-2004, 11:55 PM
did any monarchs fans here go to mullet night?

if so, who won? :D

Sam
03-15-2004, 01:08 PM
First off, the good/bad news on the injury front. The good news is that Mark Rooneem is back and has been playing for the Hitmen the last few games. The bad news is that Connor James suffered a fractured right fibula on March 5th (this was noted on the main prospect board). March 5 Game Recap (http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20032004/m/03/05/cc-du.php)

The CHL regular season is over, and the playoffs will begin later in the week, with most of the series start on Friday.

The Kitchener Rangers will play the Plymouth Whalers, beginning on Friday.
The Sarnia Sting will play the Erie Otters, beginning on Friday.
The Moose Jaw Warriors will play the Regina Pats, beginning on Friday.
The Calgary Hitmen will play the Red Deer Rebels, beginning on Friday.
The Lethbridge Hurricanes did not qualify for the playoffs.

Juniors
Kanko, Petr: 55GP, 26G, 42A, 68Pts, +8, 97PIM
Rome, Aaron: 69GP, 10G, 42A, 52Pts, +36, 210PIM
Rooneem, Mark: 52GP, 22G, 18A, 40Pts, +11, 61PIM
Andresen, Joel: 49GP, 3G, 14A, 17Pts, +11, 77PIM

Munce, Ryan: 54GP, 28-21-4, 2.94GAA, .914SV%, 2 SO

College
Murray, Brady: 33GP, 18G, 24A, 42Pts
Hogeboom, Greg: 38GP, 18G, 22A, 40Pts
James, Connor: 38GP, 12G, 23A, 35Pts
Guerin, Marty: 38GP, 13G, 19A, 32Pts
Steckel, Dave: 37GP, 16G, 12A, 28Pts