Weak showing for prospects...

Waveburner
09-25-2003, 08:37 PM
I must say for all the talk of organizational depth on the Canucks prospects, they have really accomplished nothing yet in preseason...Ready and Kavanaugh are the closest things to prospects that have scored...and most have not stood out at all. Save for maybe Mojzis and to a lesser degree, Kesler. We like to think of the Canucks as having improved talent depth but it sure has not shown up yet. It is preseason, but nonetheless it is a little disappointing...

SopelFan*
09-25-2003, 08:38 PM
I must say for all the talk of organizational depth on the Canucks prospects, they have really accomplished nothing yet in preseason...Ready and Kavanaugh are the closest things to prospects that have scored...and most have not stood out at all. Save for maybe Mojzis and to a lesser degree, Kesler. We like to think of the Canucks as having improved talent depth but it sure has not shown up yet. It is preseason, but nonetheless it is a little disappointing...
Koltsov has gotta get into more games.

incawg
09-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Koltsov has gotta get into more games.

More? How about we start with one. :rant:

He better play on Saturday.

SopelFan*
09-25-2003, 08:39 PM
More? How about we start with one. :rant:

He better play on Saturday.

I thought he played in one of the Minny games.. sorry.

incawg
09-25-2003, 08:41 PM
I thought he played in one of the Minny games.. sorry.

Has anybody heard anything about why he hasn't played? Seems kind of odd to keep your blue chip prospect out of the first five preseason games, isn't that what these things are for? Is he being punished or something?

ping
09-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Maybe he's got the flu?

MVP
09-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Overhyping the prospects early on in the camp? Yes i think so. On the other hand, the best propsect in Canucks system was not even at the camp.

iceburg
09-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Overhyping the prospects early on in the camp? Yes i think so. On the other hand, the best propsect in Canucks system was not even at the camp.

"Overhyping" is a little strong (actually I don't even think it's a word). I didn't see many posts saying that any of the prospects would make the big club this year. The general theme was that even the best prospects (Kesler, Koltsov, etc) were still at least a year away and probably more. A few were predicting that Fedorov was going to make the team but that went to sleep along with Fedorov himself. In other words, I don't really think that expectations were too high.
I agree though that it is disappointing that no prospect has stepped up and surprised anyone this preseason.

SopelFan*
09-25-2003, 11:16 PM
No... Koltsov was there.

_Del_
09-26-2003, 12:16 AM
"Overhyping" is a little strong (actually I don't even think it's a word).

Yes, a better word would be hyper-hyping, I think... ;)

iceburg
09-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Yes, a better word would be hyper-hyping, I think... ;)

I like it. Let's call Webster.

Mr. Canucklehead
09-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Kesler and Mojzis have had strong showings at camp. Other than that...no one, really. And I have yet to hear Koltsov's name in a single game, what gives with that?

~Canucklehead~

Frightened Inmate #2
09-27-2003, 10:02 AM
No... Koltsov was there.

ummm I think he was refering to RJ. I have never really had a good feeling about koltsov, i don't know why. I think he was hyped up to much and he won't amount to much. I have only seen him a couple of times but its a gut feeling, don't ask me why.

ehc73
09-27-2003, 09:47 PM
I like it. Let's call Marian Webster.

Not to be a spelling nazi, but this is supposed to be a dictionary. Ooo...irony. :)
Merriam-Webster.

iceburg
09-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Not to be a spelling nazi, but this is supposed to be a dictionary. Ooo...irony. :)
Merriam-Webster.

Actually, it's just called Websters now (see edit). The ultimate irony.

tantalum
09-28-2003, 04:48 AM
Actually, it's just called Websters now (see edit). The ultimate irony.

Online it's still Merriam-Webster.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

iceburg
09-28-2003, 06:57 AM
Online it's still Merriam-Webster.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

OK this is now jist geting ugly. I stil do knot think overhyping is a wird.