Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children announced

Big McLargehuge
09-26-2003, 10:44 AM
Original CG movie set in the FFVII world slated for next year.

At a second press conference today Square Enix announced a new twist on an old favorite with Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, an original CG movie using characters from the franchise's first appearance on Sony hardware. The announcement put to rest the months of speculation on a remake of Final Fantasy VII with the revelation that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children would revisit the characters from the classic game. A brief clip of the movie was shown that gave glimpses of Cloud and Sephiroth's new look and the high level of detail going into the CG. At present, the movie is expected to run roughly 60 minutes. How it will be distributed and what the final incarnation of it will be remains to be seen, as Square reps at the conference didn't provide many specific details. During a Q&A session following the presentation of the movie clip, the subject of a proper Final Fantasy VII remake was brought up. Those involved with Advent Children stated that if the original FFVII wasn't playable on current hardware, remaking FFVII would be something they would consider. However, with the backwards compatibility of the PlayStation 2, it is still possible to do so, which lowers the need for such a project. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is tentatively slated for a summer of 2004 release.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6075905.html

I'm pumped, FFVII is my favorite game of all time...I wish it were an actual game though(though they said that's still a possibility).

tom_servo
09-26-2003, 10:47 AM
Awesome news.

Correct link: http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6075905.html

USC Trojans
09-26-2003, 10:54 AM
My favorite was actually FF6 (3 in the US I think), but 7 was a close second. I also liked FFX because the story was so well done....

I hope that they make Sephiroth look awesome in the movie cause anything short of that won't do him justice.

Big McLargehuge
09-26-2003, 11:02 AM
I've only really enjoyed 2 FF games, VII, which was by far my favorite, and IX.

VIII and X were jokes and all the ones before VII just came out too early for me. I was 7 when VI came out and by the time I was "mature" enough to play it...it just didn't hold up too well for someone playing it for the first time as I was hoping.

VII's story just kept me enthralled for every second, only Grandia and Suikoden III have even come in the same state as VII in that way.

Mack
09-26-2003, 12:24 PM
i hate all FF's

Rowsdower
09-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Interesting news......as a big FF fan, I'll have to look into this as further details surface......I hope Cid has a large part (as he kicks ass)....FF7 is my second fav game after Chrono Trigger....

Vyacheslav
09-26-2003, 05:47 PM
VIII and X were jokes and all the ones before VII just came out too early for me. I was 7 when VI came out and by the time I was "mature" enough to play it...it just didn't hold up too well for someone playing it for the first time as I was hoping.

IX was the real joke.

Plager05
09-26-2003, 06:30 PM
If they remade Final Fantasy VII I hope they would develop the characters more. Particularly Tifa, Cid, Cait Sith, Rufus, Vincent, and Yuffie. Some of them with their backstory some with events that just happen to the party, but this IMO was the only problem with FF7.

Edit: Is there any screens from the movie available to look at?

Big McLargehuge
09-26-2003, 07:03 PM
None, it was only announced today.

Vyacheslav
09-27-2003, 10:07 AM
If they remade Final Fantasy VII I hope they would develop the characters more. Particularly Tifa, Cid, Cait Sith, Rufus, Vincent, and Yuffie. Some of them with their backstory some with events that just happen to the party, but this IMO was the only problem with FF7.

Edit: Is there any screens from the movie available to look at?

Clearly Sephiroth was the best character but I think Vincent had some real potential to be an awesome character as well. He was my favorite 'hero' in the game.

Dinkazzman
09-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Whats a CG?

Duff88
09-27-2003, 01:18 PM
http://ffworldnews.free.fr/26_09_03/ff7ac.jpg

Nalyd Psycho
09-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Clearly Sephiroth was the best character but I think Vincent had some real potential to be an awesome character as well. He was my favorite 'hero' in the game.

No, The Turks were the coolest characters. Loved the final scene with that pervert guy, "wrong, the correct answer is four, because it's our job."

Big McLargehuge
09-27-2003, 01:26 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Cloud and Sephiroth are fugly...they look like they took their hair and put them on a mutant Tidus ape.

anyways...CG stands for Computer Graphics.

Dinkazzman
09-27-2003, 03:40 PM
thanks

Duff88
09-30-2003, 04:14 PM
http://ffworldnews.free.fr/29_09_03/01.jpg
http://www.ffworld.com/?page=image&image=http://ffworldnews.free.fr/29_09_03/02.jpg
http://www.ffworld.com/?page=image&image=http://ffworldnews.free.fr/29_09_03/03.jpg

Vyacheslav
09-30-2003, 04:16 PM
No, The Turks were the coolest characters. Loved the final scene with that pervert guy, "wrong, the correct answer is four, because it's our job."

Well I did like the Turks too, I just think Vincent could have been used a lot better.

Big McLargehuge
09-30-2003, 05:06 PM
damn...in that one picture Cloud looks more like Zell(FFVIII) than Cloud...

USC Trojans
09-30-2003, 05:28 PM
damn...in that one picture Cloud looks more like Zell(FFVIII) than Cloud...

he looks...uhh....kinda girly.
I can't wait to see a Vincent, Sephiroth and Red XIII

Nalyd Psycho
09-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Well I did like the Turks too, I just think Vincent could have been used a lot better.

Agreed, and Vincent was a Turk. Heck, I'd rather they just tell a story involving Vincent and the Turks. That would seriously rule.

Vyacheslav
09-30-2003, 06:39 PM
Agreed, and Vincent was a Turk. Heck, I'd rather they just tell a story involving Vincent and the Turks. That would seriously rule.

I didn't remember that he was a Turk. Looks like I need to play that game again.

Grift69
09-30-2003, 06:40 PM
I dont remember vincent being a turk either, but he sure was one bad-ass vampire.

Big McLargehuge
09-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Vincent was a Turk.

Long, long before the game takes place though, that's why he was in an "eternal" rest or whatever.

Grift69
09-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Vincent was a Turk.

Long, long before the game takes place though, that's why he was in an "eternal" rest or whatever.Ahh kinda like when u have a turkey dinner, you wanna sleep for a really long time :joker:. Lol ok I really hope someone gets this, or am I jsut that sleep deprived.

Grift69
09-30-2003, 08:39 PM
damn...in that one picture Cloud looks more like Zell(FFVIII) than Cloud...Speaking of FF8, reminds me of Irvine, one of the most underappreciated ff characters. The kid had potential.

Vyacheslav
09-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Ahh kinda like when u have a turkey dinner, you wanna sleep for a really long time :joker:. Lol ok I really hope someone gets this, or am I jsut that sleep deprived.

I get it but I kinda wish I didn't ;)

I never liked Irvine, either. He seemed like Vincent if Vincent were a hick.

Duff88
10-01-2003, 02:15 PM
he looks...uhh....kinda girly.
I can't wait to see a Vincent, Sephiroth and Red XIII

Sephirot is on picture #2 on my post, click on the link

Jovavic
10-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Worst idea ever. If I wanted to watch a CG movie, I'd just "play" Xenosaga again. Further proof that Square is quickly becoming the worst developer.

Rabid Ranger
10-01-2003, 07:07 PM
This is awesome news. Any medium where I can see Sephiroth (my all-time favorite character) again is welcome news. Now they need to make a direct sequel to the game, which is a possibility on the PS2 or PSP platforms.

Rabid Ranger
10-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Worst idea ever. If I wanted to watch a CG movie, I'd just "play" Xenosaga again. Further proof that Square is quickly becoming the worst developer.

Personally, I didn't think the CG parts of Xenosaga were all that obtrusive. The game had much more flow than say, Xenogears (at least the 2nd disc).

Plager05
10-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Xenosaga was awesome and you can skip the cutscenes and pause them too so it wasn't bad at all. I wish they would've delay Xenogears until they completely finished it. Maybe they'll remake it for the 5th part of the Xenosaga.

Vyacheslav
10-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Worst idea ever.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/53/188753.jpg

Big McLargehuge
10-02-2003, 12:16 PM

:laugh:

Right...worst. They're not as good as they once were but c'mon. 989 anyone?

And the countless other nameless crapfests(especially Titus).

BigMac1212
10-02-2003, 02:48 PM
In my opinion, Square's worst decision was to team up with Disney for Kingdom Hearts. I played the game and liked it, but it seems that this game degrades Square a bit. Disney could of made the game by theirselves, and they could of done without the miniturized versions of Tidus of FF10 and Selphie of FF8. Plus, Aerith (Aeris in FF7) was in the game. I used to had a crush on her, but this ruins the FF7 experience, by having a character that died in the game ressurected and be in another. That's my opinion.

Jovavic
10-02-2003, 05:15 PM
:laugh:

Right...worst. They're not as good as they once were but c'mon. 989 anyone?

And the countless other nameless crapfests(especially Titus).

They are a shell of their 16-bit greatness. Everything they've touched in the past few years reeks of crap. The inner workings of Square Enix...

"Hey, who should be put in charge of the new Final Fantasy game for Gamecube? Remember, Final Fantasy is going to go back to it's roots, so we need a great game. Come on, throw me some suggestions."

"I know, how about that bum that works on the SaGa series? He's made three pitiful games in the span of five years, he's bound to make a good one at some point."

"Excellent suggestion, get him on the game now!"

:rant: :rant:

Big McLargehuge
10-02-2003, 06:41 PM
I dare you to play any bargain PC game and then say Square is the worst...

They're a shell of their former self but they're still great.