Stephen Weiss

Lord Stanley
09-26-2003, 12:19 PM
hey just wondering how he has looked at camp so far? who will he be playing with when the regular season starts?

sting_fan
09-26-2003, 12:40 PM
hey just wondering how he has looked at camp so far? who will he be playing with when the regular season starts?

All reports seem to indicate Weiss' camp hasn't exactly been steller. It appears more and more like he'll start the season in the AHL, where I believe he'll be better served.

evildreams
09-26-2003, 12:43 PM
who will he be playing with when the regular season starts?

centering the 1st line, flanked by beaudoin and shvidki, down in San Antonio.

rmp
09-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Hate to say it, but I think Weiss has sealed his fate of going to the minors after Friday's tie against Anaheim.
I didn't see the game, but looking at the stats, I see no points, minus 1, just one shot on net, and more face-offs lost than won, so it certainly doesn't sound like the kind of game he needed to have to make a positive impression.

Crossbar
09-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Yeah I think Nedorost should take his spot and let Weiss get some seasoning down in the AHL on the top line, give the spot up to someone more deserving like Horton. :bow:

Breeze
09-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Just saw him in SA tonight. He needs time in San Antonio. In time he should make Panther fans happy.

Aaron Vickers
10-02-2003, 06:30 PM
So what's the latest on Weiss, if there is any new news.

Has he been re-assigned yet? And is it still looking like he's heading to the AHL?

Chaos2k7
10-03-2003, 05:51 AM
So what's the latest on Weiss, if there is any new news.

Has he been re-assigned yet? And is it still looking like he's heading to the AHL?

Actually, Keenan praised Weiss for his strong defensive effort against Anaheim in that game.

Weiss was matched against Fedorov, Sykora and Chistov. The Ducks top line. The most telling stats were the No points by all three of those guys. Weiss' line shut those guys down all night long.

But he will still probably be in the AHL. He will recieve the top line minutes he needs to develop there. This is another prospect that was rushed into action because of the lack of depth. He played a role he was not suited for last year and excelled.

We will see him again soon.