Quebec Remparts

LaD
06-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Do you think Roy will be able to make come Angelo Esposito to Quebec?? Did he lose this first pick?

LaD
06-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Nobody have something to say about this? :dunno:

Joe Canadian
06-08-2005, 11:08 PM
I think it's all but a done deal that he'll play in the Q next year... if he doesn't it would shock me. Why else would Quebec, who didn't have a first round pick, trade up to get one only to waste it on someone who they knew wouldn't play in the Q. I deal most surly was worked out...

CritZ
06-09-2005, 10:02 AM
I know that it will not be easy for Roy to convince him to join his team. He allready said he wasnt really sure to play in the QJMHL. But if he does join the team it"ill be a breakout for the Remps offense, with Radulov, Churilov, LaVallée and the rest of the squad allready in place.

VanNistelrooy
06-16-2005, 08:54 PM
I think that Esposito will join Quebec Remparts. Roy is not the kind of GM that loss the Best Quebec MAAA goaltender and a 1st round choice for nothing, just like Rimouski try to do with Alex Biega.

PEli*
06-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I think Roy might have taken a risk that could bite him in the ass. Unless he had a solid deal in place beforehand, this was an overzealous move that could hurt Quebec. They added Kenzie Sheppard and have a good offense coming back but to trade down when they didn't have a 1st to begin with...for a kid who may or may not play for you...it better pay off.

I don't see Esposito playing in the Q...but that's just me.

LaLaLaprise
06-18-2005, 03:12 PM
From what Ive heard Espo is going to report.

LaLaLaprise
06-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I think that Esposito will join Quebec Remparts. Roy is not the kind of GM that loss the Best Quebec MAAA goaltender and a 1st round choice for nothing, just like Rimouski try to do with Alex Biega.

Nadeau the best AAA goalie? Not quite, but yes he did give up a lot for the pick.

chsb
06-18-2005, 10:55 PM
I know that it will not be easy for Roy to convince him to join his team. He allready said he wasnt really sure to play in the QJMHL. But if he does join the team it"ill be a breakout for the Remps offense, with Radulov, Churilov, LaVallée and the rest of the squad allready in place.

Esposito is a very distant cry from Crosby and he will not make any difference on the Remparts at 16.
At best he could play 3rd line, at worst, he might spend some time in the stands.

So his pick has nothing to do with this year's Remparts.

LaLaLaprise
06-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Esposito is a very distant cry from Crosby and he will not make any difference on the Remparts at 16.
At best he could play 3rd line, at worst, he might spend some time in the stands.

So his pick has nothing to do with this year's Remparts.

Esposito at age 16 will play top 2 lines and have about 50 pts. He isnt Crosby but he is good.

chsb
06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Esposito at age 16 will play top 2 lines and have about 50 pts. He isnt Crosby but he is good.

If Esposito is playing top-2 lines, gets 50 points, that will mean that the Remparts have an ordinary offense, a far cry from a contender.
A 2nd line soft 16 YO with no muscles on 2nd line does not bode well for the team depth...
I would also add that I don't believe that he is as good as James Sheppard last year who, at 16,scored 45 points.

neg marron
06-19-2005, 09:11 PM
If Esposito is playing top-2 lines, gets 50 points, that will mean that the Remparts have an ordinary offense, a far cry from a contender.
A 2nd line soft 16 YO with no muscles on 2nd line does not bode well for the team depth...
I would also add that I don't believe that he is as good as James Sheppard last year who, at 16,scored 45 points.

can't wait to see him in quebec next season against my home town gatineau olymps

LaLaLaprise
06-20-2005, 10:22 AM

Halifax leading scorer last year had 66 pts and they had 4-5 guys playing on teh top 3 lines with less than 50 pts.

And as far as offensive play goes Esposito is way ahead of Sheppard. Sheppard can score but Espo is more natural. Shep is better 2way.

ranold26
06-21-2005, 09:59 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/chl/news_story.asp?id=128506

Espo will be in Quebec in the QMJHL.
Dirty trick :rant:

CritZ
06-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Indeed, it is a dirty trick. But, it will benefit the whole league, if the young kid is spectacular and is worth the money Roy is spending on him. He can bring fans to see him to all the ice rinks the Remparts will be visiting, which means more money in the bank for the teams. There is a good and a bad side for this whole story.

RyanM
06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Indeed, it is a dirty trick. But, it will benefit the whole league, if the young kid is spectacular and is worth the money Roy is spending on him. He can bring fans to see him to all the ice rinks the Remparts will be visiting, which means more money in the bank for the teams. There is a good and a bad side for this whole story.

He's not Crosby. Not every Tom, Dick, and Harry in Quebec and the Maritimes is going to care about seeing Esposito.

The QMJHL is a joke for letting this stuff go on. This kid should be playing in Saint John and if I was a fan or the owner of that team then I would be pretty pissed off at the bush league tactics that continue to go on in the Q.

Maine puckster
06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
This is a sham !!! :madfire: :madfire:

This sort of stuf should not be allowed. Once a player declares that he is going NCAA, he should do so in writing and become ineligible in the "Q" draft for that year.

This behavior allowes the team with the big $$ to buy the best players available.

Kinda reminds you of those hated NY Yankees.

Joe Canadian
06-21-2005, 05:31 PM
So when are they gonna get rid of this joke of a Commish and get some rule changes through?

VanNistelrooy
06-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Courteau will never do something like that. He don't got the guts to do it.

That's the beggining of a two-way league, who separes the organisations with money from poor organisations.

neg marron
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
This is a sham !!! :madfire: :madfire:

This sort of stuf should not be allowed. Once a player declares that he is going NCAA, he should do so in writing and become ineligible in the "Q" draft for that year.

This behavior allowes the team with the big $$ to buy the best players available.

Kinda reminds you of those hated NY Yankees.

in all fairness what was the ncaa doing if any thing to make sure espo didn't jump to the qmjhl i predict had he played in the ncaa he would have been bore based on his elite, elite phenom skill level
same thing happened to chris bourque

not saying thre are no elite level ncaa d1 players but players like espo,pouilout,crosby,bourque etc are doing them selves a dis service by not challenging them selves and playing at the highest level
imagine sidney crosby in the ncaa what would be the point
do you guys remember when paul kariya played at maine he was head and shoulders above the rest
imagine if gretzky played in the ncaa d1 that would be boring seeing him annihilate the competition with no type of challenge
in the same vain sure they get an invaluable education but athletically they are stunted what if anything from a basketball perspective would have been gained from lebron james attending college

JohnnyB11
06-22-2005, 09:04 PM
imagine if gretzky played in the ncaa d1 that would be boring seeing him annihilate the competition with no type of challenge
in the same vain sure they get an invaluable education but athletically they are stunted what if anything from a basketball perspective would have been gained from lebron james attending college

Surely, surely you aren't comparing Angelo Esposito to Wayne Gretzky??? :shakehead

I don't know how you figure Espo is an 'elite phenom skill' but I think you are overrating him (to put it lightly).

deandebean
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Esposito is FAR from being a phenom. He was the best player available this year in the Q, but that only means that this year's draft was far from being the strongest.

Esposito is being built up as a superstar by Remparts fan, drinking too much Kool-Aid.

Vincent_TheGreat
07-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Ok, Esposito is no Crosby, but that isn't to say he's not a great player! I think he can score 60-70 points next year! He's gonna be very good!

LaLaLaprise
07-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Ok, Esposito is no Crosby, but that isn't to say he's not a great player! I think he can score 60-70 points next year! He's gonna be very good!
He wont score 70 points next year.

55 is more like it, and thats with 2nd line ice and PP time.

Artie
07-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey La La Laprise, since we are on the topic of the Remparts...what's your take on Vlasic. Does he get drafted?

Beatnik
07-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey La La Laprise, since we are on the topic of the Remparts...what's your take on Vlasic. Does he get drafted?

He'll get drafted for sure. somewhere around the 4th round. He's very hard to describe because he does everything right and play like a vets but no part of his game really stand out.

LaLaLaprise
07-28-2005, 02:28 PM

Definatly. Probably late 3rd early 4th round.

Artie
07-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Definatly. Probably late 3rd early 4th round.

Early 2nd...WOW.What do you make of that?

HABsurde
07-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Early 2nd...WOW.What do you make of that?

I make it that Lakeshore can produce some good hockey players

HaBs_ReNeGaTe
08-01-2005, 09:14 AM
That mean he will not be back with the team right?