Let's sign Marty McSorely

Blackjack
09-26-2003, 07:09 PM
He might know what to do about Brashear :dunno:

Unthinkable
09-26-2003, 07:22 PM
He might know what to do about Brashear :dunno:

He sure seems more interested in taking out some of our players then scoring or setting up goals this preseason doesn't he? One of the local papers had a piece today on how Berglund had become a marked man by the Flyers for his tenacious play.

dedalus
09-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Why bother worrying about Brashear? Both teams will make the playoffs. At that point Brashear will stop the goon tactics and become the below-average player he is.

ZadorovNJD*
09-26-2003, 07:57 PM
They should just try funneling him towards Stevens when he's coming through the neutral zone.

Winston Wolf
09-26-2003, 08:34 PM
They should just try funneling him towards Stevens when he's coming through the neutral zone.

It would be kind of hard for Stevens to really lay into him, since most of the Brashear comes through the neutral zone he's either sliding on his knees or his a$$.
:p

MattNJD
09-27-2003, 05:37 AM

Done, and DONE! It appears that Stevens LEVELED him last night then landed a few lefts and rights!!

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1064641817293890.xml

John Flyers Fan
09-27-2003, 07:05 AM
Done, and DONE! It appears that Stevens LEVELED him last night then landed a few lefts and rights!!

Stevens got him with a nice hit, but Brashear clearly won the fight.

NJ_Devil_Boy
09-27-2003, 10:02 AM
Leafs should just go get Domi (highly unlikely). Brashear never fights Domi...

Gags1288
09-27-2003, 10:07 AM
Lol, maybe you should watch the flyers/leafs games. They fight just about twice per game and Brashear beats him up every single time. Oh by the way, don't you guys think it's a little hypocritical talking about wanting Steven's to knock Brashear out by funneling him to the middle of the ice?

Winston Wolf
09-27-2003, 11:04 AM
:rolleyes:
What an idiot. They've fought like 4 times in the last 2 years and Brashear has killed him every time.

Maybe you should stop talking out of your a$$.

Trottier
09-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Reading the article about last night's Stevens/Brashear flair up made my day. Scott freakin' Stevens, 40 y/o, captain of three Cup teams, a certain hall of famer....and yet the guy gives no ground whatsoever in a meaningless pre-season game.

Love that guy. Chip off the old Gordie Howe block. :bow:

NJ_Devil_Boy
09-27-2003, 11:37 AM
:rolleyes:
What an idiot. They've fought like 4 times in the last 2 years and Brashear has killed him every time.

Maybe you should stop talking out of your a$$.

Funny eh? Domi challenges Brashear...how may times does Brashear back down/ run away?

NJ_Devil_Boy
09-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Lol, maybe you should watch the flyers/leafs games. They fight just about twice per game and Brashear beats him up every single time. Oh by the way, don't you guys think it's a little hypocritical talking about wanting Steven's to knock Brashear out by funneling him to the middle of the ice?

I haven't seen the hit, nor the fight. If the pre-season is this "exciting", I can't wait till the regular season starts. :yo: I've already had one Flyer fan call me an idiot. :lol:

Unthinkable
09-27-2003, 12:44 PM
I haven't seen the hit, nor the fight. If the pre-season is this "exciting", I can't wait till the regular season starts. :yo: I've already had one Flyer fan call me an idiot. :lol:

Must be close to opening season. This is just like old times!!!

Gags1288
09-27-2003, 01:11 PM

What did my post have to do with the preseason? I was talking about Domi/Brashear fights and you saying that they never fought. And i didn't call you an idiot either.

gmdevils
09-27-2003, 01:35 PM
you aren't the only flyer fan in this thread man...

04' hockey
09-27-2003, 03:14 PM

Steven's tries to keep that "rep" going.....Brash told Stevens he's too old for that crap anymore!

More teams should show Scott that kind of hit isn't necessary. :teach: :D

Trottier
09-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Do you really think Scott Stevens has to "keep" his reputation after 20+ years of NHL hockey? I'd bet that his reputation is cemented, and it is the very reason few challenge him and the very reason he is still a major force, let alone playing, at age 40.

"More teams should show Scott...?" As if they've given him a free ride since 1982?!

He's answered the bell every single time. Guy takes no prisoners, plays mean, clean and smart. (Read somewhere that he also has a ridiculously low number of elbowing penalties for his career.)

04' hockey
09-27-2003, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Trottier]Do you really think Scott Stevens has to "keep" his reputation after 20+ years of NHL hockey? I'd bet that his reputation is cemented, and it is the very reason few challenge him and the very reason he is still a major force, let alone playing, at age 40.

"More teams should show Scott...?" As if they've given him a free ride since 1982?!

He's answered the bell every single time. Guy takes no prisoners, plays mean, clean and smart. (Read somewhere that he also has a ridiculously low number of elbowing penalties for his career.)[/QUOTE

Lindros, Francis, Kariya, etc, etc,.....why?????? I KNOW the Flyers would love to have him...."plays mean, smart, but CLEAN?????

He lays out the guys who won't respond.....UNTIL LAST NITE!

Stevens needs more of that!

Hit him like he hits others.....YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?????, DOES STEVENS? :mad:

18Sarge
09-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Lindros a guy that wont respond? Those 2 playes had more battles during Eric's tenure in Philly then any other with Stevens that i can remember.

Scott has no problem with people attempting to hit him. The thing is though, hes not the one on the worst of most of them. The thing is as a defenseman he doesnt put himself into the kin of position to be hit hard like that very often.

Hell if your dumb enough to cut across the middle of the ice with your head down, you deserve to get hit for it. Especially at this level of play.

04' hockey
09-27-2003, 04:47 PM
does he still play in this league?, didn't he ALWAYS have a problem with his "twins"?

NHL teams should start protecting their stars against hits like Stevens likes to dish out. The league will be healthier and better for it.

Give Stevens a dose of his own medicine. :D

JasonMacIsaac
09-27-2003, 07:09 PM
does he still play in this league?, didn't he ALWAYS have a problem with his "twins"?

NHL teams should start protecting their stars against hits like Stevens likes to dish out. The league will be healthier and better for it.

You want a cup of tea with that, go take up water polo. no wait you might get water in your eyes.

ZadorovNJD*
09-27-2003, 07:30 PM

Ok, the next time Brashear is laying on the ice vulnerable, you wouldn't have a problem with Stevens punching him? You know, taste of his own medicine and all?