NFL Europe ...

jacketracket*
06-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Just curious ... is the NFL Europe popular with the Euro posters here, or Europeans in general? I lost interest in the NFL here years ago, but I just caught the end of the European championship game on television.

Is the league championship big news there?

Safir*
06-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Just curious ... is the NFL Europe popular with the Euro posters here, or Europeans in general? I lost interest in the NFL here years ago, but I just caught the end of the European championship game on television.

Is the league championship big news there?

The station that carried the NFLE over here prefered to show U-20 Soccer instead of football.

Nowadays almost every team of the NFLE is located in Germany, but they still don't get a lot of TV or media coverage. At least it seems that way to me. Football is just too complex for folks over here. Geez...it took me a lot of time to understand football first and to love it later on. Sixteen regular season Panther game & a couple college games on TV plus 10 games of my HS football team and one UNC game. IMO you've to be in the US to really love it.

Belgian Fan
06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
I know there is "football" being played here in Europe but I don't think anyone really cares. We only care about (real) football I guess.

JVR
06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
IMO you've to be in the US to really love it.

I think that's the point. It doesn't have anything to do with the game itself, it's just not "our" sport.

At least that's the way I see it.
I love watching NFL games in tv but I didn't watch a single NFLE game and I'm not interested in it at all.

uzziman
06-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I love watching NFL games in tv but I didn't watch a single NFLE game and I'm not interested in it at all.

I'm the same way, I love the NFL, but I don't watch NFL Europe at all. No interest whatsoever

Ar-too
06-12-2005, 12:25 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would like NFL Europe. If we were going to export the game, at least let's export some good players. If Kurt Kittner can be an effective player in the "World Bowl" championship game, then there's a problem. I don't like it for the same reason I don't like Arena football: it lacks the quality of the real thing. From the speed of the game, to the precision, to the hitting, it's not the same.