Confess your nerdiness here

lux_interior
09-26-2003, 10:56 PM
For me,

1. I wear glasses, and I get a headache when I don't wear them.

2. I really dig math.

3. I spend more time at the library than I do at parties.

How bout you?

Nalyd Psycho
09-26-2003, 10:59 PM
I'm reading two comic books at the same time as we speak...

I also play RPGs, video games that is.

Where glasses as well, and think everyone looks better when wearing glasses.

probably a hell of alot more too.

Oh yeah, have no social life...and like it that way.

monkey_00*
09-26-2003, 11:00 PM
This is a great idea for a thread:

(1) I love to listen to alot of the Disco music from the 70s.

(2) I love Star Trek

(3) Pink is my favorite colour.

kmad
09-26-2003, 11:20 PM
1) I have almost memorized every episode of Futurama
2) I'm here at 20 after 12 on a Friday night

Avery4Byng*
09-26-2003, 11:32 PM
I havent been to the bar or a pub for 2 months.... I stopped drinking actually.... So i am home before 11 on a friday night....

i wear glasses, and contacts... but glasses more....

i play nhl2004 like its going out of style.

i like listening to elton john and rod stewart sometimes. and i listen to the oldies radio station...

ahhh thats enouh for me lol

Spiffy
09-26-2003, 11:39 PM
I write and read poetry (might become a published author next year)
I read classical music notes and think of the melody
I read more than 730 words in minute (next year I will be over 1000 words in a minute)

Oilers Hockey
09-26-2003, 11:40 PM
I love Survivor and have watched every episode since S2. :blush:

I love the Beatles more than any other band (and I'm 21 hahaha)

I also enjoy playing RPG's (FF)

Avery4Byng*
09-26-2003, 11:42 PM
I love Survivor and have watched every episode since S2. :blush:

I love the Beatles more than any other band (and I'm 21 hahaha)

I also enjoy playing RPG's (FF)

I am 20 and I am a huge Beatles fan. Good music...

andora
09-26-2003, 11:47 PM
I write and read poetry (might become a published author next year)

i do too.. but.. don't go through poetry.com.. sure, i was selected to get published and was... but those ******** put me on a mailing list for other companies :rant:.. apparently some company in new york and london is printing now and want my poem, and keep sending me **** !! :rant:...

losers :p

#37-#93-#27*
09-26-2003, 11:49 PM
I didn't know playing video games was nerdy. I'll have to stop playing it infront of my girlfriend and friends now. :rolly:

Spiffy
09-26-2003, 11:51 PM
i do too.. but.. don't go through poetry.com.. sure, i was selected to get published and was... but those ******** put me on a mailing list for other companies :rant:.. apparently some company in new york and london is printing now and want my poem, and keep sending me **** !! :rant:...

Internet and poetry don't mix. Everyone knows that...

Nalyd Psycho
09-26-2003, 11:55 PM
I didn't know playing video games was nerdy. I'll have to stop playing it infront of my girlfriend and friends now. :rolly:

I figure only RPGs are...

andora
09-26-2003, 11:59 PM
Internet and poetry don't mix. Everyone knows that...

well duh :p.. but it was three in the morning and i got a spam asking for a poem submission.. i'd just written something in class, and figured what the hell..

get a letter a few weeks later.. "congrats !! blah blah blah published in this blah blah book".. sixty bucks.. i'm thrilled :rolleyes:

Zodiac
09-27-2003, 12:16 AM
The only nerdish things that I've done or do is play some video games and use computers.

CCF
09-27-2003, 12:51 AM
1. I have read all 5 Harry Potter books, and it is currently my favourite series.

2. I don't drink, other than the odd sip.

I'm done... :p

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 12:53 AM
1. I have read all 5 Harry Potter books, and it is currently my favourite series.

Hey! this is the thread for nerdiness not the "I am a little 12-years old school girl inside" thread

CCF
09-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Hey! this is the thread for nerdiness not the "I am a little 12-years old school girl inside" thread

Damn Communists, always ragging on me.

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Damn Communists, always ragging on me. Calling me a communist is like calling George W. Bush a peace lover.

evman150*
09-27-2003, 12:59 AM
1. I wear glasses most of the time. (Contacts sometimes)

2. I spend way too much time on the computer.

3. My idea of a perfect saturday night is watching HNIC from 4-1030.

4. I'm a software pirate.

5. I average 12.7 posts per day on this site.

:rolly:

cybresabre
09-27-2003, 06:14 AM
girlfriend? well that cancels out some nerdicity.

i enjoy reading
i work for good grades
i turn the radio onto classical or jazz often
i'm on the computer quite often.

Koltsov71
09-27-2003, 06:24 AM
i turn the radio onto jazz often

Hey man, there is nothing nerdy about jazz. Jazz is great.

For me, I don't drink. I don't like to party. I don't care to keep a large circle of friends. I'm an antisocial s.o.b.

Douggy
09-27-2003, 06:59 AM
1. I have glasses

2. Enjoy using my computer to solve problems (ie programming)

3. I am in a Christian Rock band.

4. I'd much rather just hang around on a friday/saturday night than go 'clubbing.'

kira
09-27-2003, 07:12 AM
This stuff is nerdy? Good God, I'm really in trouble, because I don't see anything wrong with any of it!

I don't like to go out drinking all that much, and if I do go out, I may only have one drink.

I not only wear glasses, they are bifocals...that's what I get for reading too much.

I would rather go walking in the woods or on the lake shore than go to a big city. But if you do get me in the big city, lead me to the public library or a good bookstore or a museum...if it's a museum, show me where Monet's paintings are.

And, God help me, I am truly a nerd...I play the accordion, and love it.

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 07:14 AM
This stuff is nerdy? Good God, I'm really in trouble, because I don't see anything wrong with any of it!

I don't like to go out drinking all that much, and if I do go out, I may only have one drink.

I not only wear glasses, they are bifocals...that's what I get for reading too much.

I would rather go walking in the woods or on the lake shore than go to a big city. But if you do get me in the big city, lead me to the public library or a good bookstore or a museum...if it's a museum, show me where Monet's paintings are.

You also use the word God a bit too often ;)

Koltsov71
09-27-2003, 07:15 AM

:yo:

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 07:17 AM
I can play the clarinet, but I won't.

HABitual
09-27-2003, 07:21 AM
I wear glasses
I know many computer languages
I can convert binary to decimal numbers
I love Star Trek
I know a lot of useless trivia
I subscribe to TechTV (http://www.techtv.com)

canadahockeygirl*
09-27-2003, 07:38 AM
I subscribe to academic journals (Economic Botany being my favorite) and bring them to the gym

I love museums, herbaria, aquariums, and anything else that can be considered geeky.

I wear glasses, but mostly have in my contacts since nothing sucks more than running with added weight on my face. The thing that makes this nerdy is that my left eye is coke-bottleish while the right isn't (thanks to taking a line drive off my face when I was 10).

I can speak a bunch of different languages.

kira
09-27-2003, 07:51 AM

Is that a good thing? :lol:

VO #23
09-27-2003, 07:51 AM
-I read non-mainstream magazines like Adbusters (not that I agree with most of the content in it, it's interesting to hear other perspectives though) and academic journals like Foreign Affairs.

-I am obsessed with getting good marks at school

-I spend way too much time at HF

I guess I really don't have that many geekish tendencies. :dunno:

jfont
09-27-2003, 08:18 AM
I can speak a bunch of different languages.
its not really a nerdy thing...its something to be admired imo...

heres mine:

1. I wear glasses most of the time.
2. I spend way too much in front of this computer sometimes....I really need to cut it down some more as I'm studying for a big nerdy exam. I also spend my working days crunching numbers...
3. I know the words to most of the songs in The Sound of Music...*I feel like I'm going to be flamed for this*

kira
09-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Not by me, honey...but forewarned is forearmed. ;)

cybresabre
09-27-2003, 08:26 AM
3. I know the words to most of the songs in The Sound of Music...*I feel like I'm going to be flamed for this*

it's not too bad, my mom does too.

she watched it a lot when i was growing up, so i probably know a lot as well.
so yeah, shoot me too.

:yo:

agreed

canadahockeygirl*
09-27-2003, 08:30 AM

Thanks. I think it's geeky to me because my passion is with indigenous languages that have absolutely no purpose since they're going through the process of language death and will most likely not even exist in a few years.

VO #23
09-27-2003, 08:40 AM

heres mine:

1. I wear glasses most of the time.
2. I spend way too much in front of this computer sometimes....I really need to cut it down some more as I'm studying for a big nerdy exam. I also spend my working days crunching numbers...

Flame the flamer? ;)

I'm also getting prepared for a big nerdy exam and should be cutting down on my time here.

Histrion
09-27-2003, 08:49 AM
I listen to experimental and progressive-rock.

I like watching documentary on the Discovery Channel.

I like reading about philosophy and science.

I don't go to parties even though I'm invited.

I don't have a social life since I never call my friends, I prefer being alone and doing my little things, that's quit geeky.

I spend a lot of time on my computer.

I should wear glasses but I'm too lazy to go see the optometrist. (don't know if the word exists in english anyway)

I like classical music.

I might have some other geekish tendencies, but I don't really feel like thinking about it right now... yeah... I'm a *****ing geek...

canadahockeygirl*
09-27-2003, 08:51 AM

I like reading about philosophy and science.

I do these too! Damn, I think I'm more of a geek than I had thought! ;)

Jellybean
09-27-2003, 09:00 AM
I'm an accountant.
I go to church once a week at least.
I don't smoke, drink or do drugs, ever. I haven't even tried the stuff.
I never use foul language.
I blush when people use foul language and tell dirty jokes.

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 09:07 AM
I like classical music.

That isn't nerdish. Listening to pop music would be nerdish.

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Is that a good thing? :lol: Yes. The music I play is emotional and would bring you all to tears.

Histrion
09-27-2003, 09:14 AM

At my first year in High School (a private one), we were obligated to play an instrument, I had to play clarinet. That was awful. We were always playing «Mary has a little lamb», I hated that song! Almost everytime I was making sure to bite the wooden thing that you put in your mouth to break it and be sure that the teacher would tell me to get out until I had one that worked. ;)

Histrion
09-27-2003, 09:16 AM
I'm an accountant.

PURITAN!!!!

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 09:18 AM
At my first year in High School (a private one), we were obligated to play an instrument, I had to play clarinet. That was awful. We were always playing «Mary has a little lamb», I hated that song! Almost everytime I was making sure to bite the wooden thing that you put in your mouth to break it and be sure that the teacher would tell me to get out until I had one that worked. ;)

:lol:

Mary had a little lamb and London bridge is falling down were standard in the beginning for me too... Still makes me angry when I hear that crap...

Histrion
09-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I just can't stand «Mary has a little lamb» anymore. It makes me wanna shoot a bullet into my head anytime I hear that crap. :rant:

Oh, another nerdish fact, since my post-graduation party, I can't drink a cheap beer without feeling like I'm going to puke.

Postman
09-27-2003, 09:22 AM
First off, I'm a computer technician. I'm a computer nerd minus the stereotypes of wearing glasses, being clumsy, poor social skills, etc. But I know quite a bit about computer technology, and I have a job that involves me being a computer technician.

On the other hand, I'm a "drug dealer." So people who I deal with in this aspect are always surprised to know I'm such a computer nerd, but not always vice versa. Which is not always good, because it means I'm not keeping each lifestyle seperate.

But I've discovered, since entering the computer field, that there's a lot of business to be made as a "drug dealer," because there are a lot of computer technician druggies. So it works out in the end.

Jellybean
09-27-2003, 09:22 AM
PURITAN!!!!

And proud of it ;)

monkey_00*
09-27-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm an accountant.
:blush:

Frightened Inmate #2
09-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Nothing compares to me having and using a space camp pen, not saying i went to space or anything but it is really quite handy, as it ha a pencil, a red pen, and a black pen all in one.

I read books, and know way to much infornmation about classic rock.

Oh and i listen to 66CFR, the oldies station or CBC 1010, just for programs like Vinal Cafe and Quirks and Quarks

Douggy
09-27-2003, 10:05 AM
If you get the following joke, you are a nerd/geek.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary and those who don't.

:lol: One of my teachers has that on one of her shirts.

pavel13
09-27-2003, 10:32 AM
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=14543 Here are some nerds for you. I am a nerd, too. I spend more time in libraries than at parties also, and I like reading dictionaries and encyclopedias. There are some other things that make me a nerd, but I'd rather not talk about them.

pavel13
09-27-2003, 10:43 AM

Interesting story about my brother: He entered a poetry contest on the internet and he was a finalist. He received a letter in the mail informing him of this. The letter also said that he had to go to DisneyLand (or World? - the one in Florida) to read his poem for it to be judged. But the thing is, that he had to pay to go there. "Congratulations, sir! You've won a contest. Now pay several hundred dollars to go to a place that you don't want to go so you can read one poem." He also had the choice of paying for somebody else to go in his stead. I actually don't know how that turned out, but I really hope he didn't have to pay a bunch of money.

Douggy
09-27-2003, 11:02 AM
Interesting story about my brother: He entered a poetry contest on the internet and he was a finalist. He received a letter in the mail informing him of this. The letter also said that he had to go to DisneyLand (or World? - the one in Florida) to read his poem for it to be judged. But the thing is, that he had to pay to go there. "Congratulations, sir! You've won a contest. Now pay several hundred dollars to go to a place that you don't want to go so you can read one poem." He also had the choice of paying for somebody else to go in his stead. I actually don't know how that turned out, but I really hope he didn't have to pay a bunch of money.

Thats the way their little scam works. You submit a poem and are 'lucky' enough to be a finalist in their contest. Then if you pay like $50, you get a copy of the book that only has your poem published in it if you pay. And thats how the company makes their money. :(

Tuomo Ruutu's Ego
09-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Okay, here it goes for me.

1) I will spend 5 hours working on an essay then hand it in and talk to classmates who all spent about an hour on the paper.

2) Physics and Math are interesting to me, and also rather easy.

3) No social life.

4) Finish reports and essays the night they are handed out when we have 2 or 3 weeks to complete them.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary and those who don't.

I understand that quote, I guess I am a geek. :) Binary consists completely of 1s and 0s, therefore 10 is really 1 + 0 ( in other words, 2).

So in proper english the quote should read:

"There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary and those who don't."

Pangolin
09-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Red Dwarf fan
<========

Monty Python...

glasses...

HTML....

Bud The Spud*
09-27-2003, 11:40 AM
1. I wear glasses.
2. I have no social life.
3. I love to study.

09-27-2003, 12:06 PM
1. I am getting my CCNA (CISCO Networking Certification)...too much time computerin'.

2. I'd rather read a book than go out for the night.

3. I play 4 musical instruments, and I play in a couple bands.

4. I know too much about classic rock, and I'm only 17. (I get flamed for this all the time by my friends).

Nalyd Psycho
09-27-2003, 12:58 PM
Red Dwarf fan
<========

Monty Python...

glasses...

HTML....

Dang, forgot that being a britcom fan is nerdy, it's just stacking up against me...

jfont
09-27-2003, 01:41 PM

I don't go to parties even though I'm invited.

forgot about these too...but i 'sometimes' don't go to parties i'm invited in...

Ticallion961
09-27-2003, 01:44 PM
whats this i'm hearing about getting invited to parties, where i'm from you just show up, and if the host doesn't want you there he has to fight ya out

Douggy
09-27-2003, 01:48 PM
1. I am getting my CCNA (CISCO Networking Certification)...too much time computerin'.

I should have that in a few years.
I'm only 17.
Okay you got me there. :D

09-27-2003, 02:06 PM
I should have that in a few years.

Okay you got me there. :D
I'm not that nerdy...lol..

My school offers the Cisco Networking Academy to students free of charge (and there are only a few schools in Canada that offers it), and I should be done the course by June...and once I'm done I will take the CCNA test.

#37-#93-#27*
09-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]

We have a lot of nerds on these boards. :rolly:

buzzard
09-27-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm a huge history and medical buff. I love classical music and watch a lot of Bravo, for the music and weird movies and the Actors Studio: lots of TLC, Discovery Channel and the History Channel. Read a lot and also have no social life. :dunno:

FearTheFlyers
09-27-2003, 05:11 PM
1.I wear glasses(really sexy ones though,at least i think so)
2. This is 1,002nd post on this site
3.I enjoy reading and do it a lot
4.I have won a creative writing contest
5.I have only ever passed out at a party once

Kerberos
09-27-2003, 05:18 PM
I actually don't believe in stereotypes.

Histrion
09-27-2003, 05:19 PM
I actually don't believe in stereotypes.

Now, that's a true geek.

Hitman*
09-27-2003, 05:49 PM
I understand that quote, I guess I am a geek. :) Binary consists completely of 1s and 0s, therefore 10 is really 1 + 0 ( in other words, 2).

So in proper english the quote should read:

"There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who understand Binary and those who don't."

But 1+0=1, not 2, so it is false and therefore nobody understands binary!

Shouldn't the correct way be: "there are 11 types of people in this world..." to make the statement true? Explain that!!!

:)

Vincent Vega
09-27-2003, 06:22 PM
I play the accordion, and love it.

Your Erkel!

I'd rather stay home and watch a movie then hang out with friends. I am not much of a people person I go out once and awhile though.

I have seen every episode of the TV series Jackass, have volume 2 and 3 on DVD I also own the CKY boxset and have seen all of the Steve O videos. I have also made my own Jackass with my friends. I was dumb enough to go down a slide on a skateboard and get pushed into a curb well riding inside a shoping cart(I have a a scar on my back because of it)

kira
09-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Nash, I resent that...I HATE that little geek with a passion. How DARE you do that to me...I'd rather be known as another Drew Carey, for Pete's sake...at least he's funny.

Don't even think of putting me and that little twit in the same sentence! Comprende?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I watch more of the Science Channel than MTv...sue me.

Douggy
09-27-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm not that nerdy...lol..

My school offers the Cisco Networking Academy to students free of charge (and there are only a few schools in Canada that offers it), and I should be done the course by June...and once I'm done I will take the CCNA test.
Holy Shazbot!!! My highschool offered A+ certification and you have to pay $300 to take the course!!

But 1+0=1, not 2, so it is false and therefore nobody understands binary!

Shouldn't the correct way be: "there are 11 types of people in this world..." to make the statement true? Explain that!!!
ACtually that wasn't explained to well the real reason that 10=2 is because the '10' is interpreted as: 1 x 2^1 + 0 x 2^0 = 2 + 0 = 0 :teach:

I hope you're writting this down. ;)

Hitman*
09-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Some nerdy things about me:

1) I am an expert on World War II. And I mean an expert. i have been studying it since I was in about the 3rd Grade.

2) I have played an entire game of Risk and Axis and Allies----BY MYSELF!

3) I have made a Canadian Premier League (3 whole divions of players, reserve teams, staffs, stadiums etc). on the CM3 Editor. It took me a helluva long time. But I did it!

Big McLargehuge
09-27-2003, 10:00 PM
1. I'm a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE history buff.

2. I can rattle off the statistics of almost every roller coaster that I've ever been on(71).

3. I actually have bought a soundtrack from a video game(Final Fantasy VII)

4. I have beaten aforemention game...seven times...

5. My idea of a dream vacation is going to California and going to Knott's Berry Farms, Disneyland, etc. and not going to Cancun in Spring Break or anything...

blah blah blah

I'm a roller coaster and video game freak, everything basically extends out from there. I got my love of history from video games, and even from my love of roller coasters(3 coasters at my local park pre-date the great depression).