what is it that you truly want in your life? *for younger people mainly*

andora
09-26-2003, 11:15 PM
when you get right down to it, what is it in particular that you want in your life? around you, material possessions and mental/emotional satisfactions?...

FanSince2014
09-26-2003, 11:20 PM
Young person or old I don't think there is anything better in life than having a close connection with someone of the opposite sex.

dempsey_k*
09-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Revolution, cultural, artistic, political

and reproducing in spades.

#37-#93-#27*
09-26-2003, 11:33 PM
achieving my goals

Spiffy
09-26-2003, 11:37 PM
I'd go with Material possessions for $1M, please.

andora
09-26-2003, 11:39 PM
no guys :p.. honestly.. what is it do you want to come home to in 10 yrs.. or type of work...

dempsey_k*
09-26-2003, 11:40 PM
no guys :p.. honestly.. what is it do you want to come home to in 10 yrs.. or type of work...

Maggie Gyllynhaal, with Jake being eaten by my dog.

Spiffy
09-26-2003, 11:42 PM
no guys :p.. honestly.. what is it do you want to come home to in 10 yrs.. or type of work... A nice leather lazyboy, five maids a big plasma screen, a stereo that could blow out the population of Texas, a lifetime supply of Jolt Cola, a kick azz computer and so on and so on.

dempsey_k*
09-26-2003, 11:47 PM
that could blow out the population of Texas

I want something similar to that as well. Except their ear drums aren't their only innards I want to turn into pudding.

#37-#93-#27*
09-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Working in sports to some capacity.

As for material things, if you want specifics..
BMW M3, black or chrome, 18" rims coupe, black highest grade leather with aluminum trim and all options including 10 speaker system or stock stereo.
6 wheel throttle on-injection port fuel control, for faster fuel response and of course the ability to go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds with 333 horsepower.

And in 10 years, a beach house on the Hamptons with a hot wife cooking some lasagna for me coming home from a game with our kid.

I guess that's it.

andora
09-26-2003, 11:49 PM
why that car? that location for your house?

Spiffy
09-26-2003, 11:50 PM
I want something similar to that as well. Except their ear drums aren't their only innards I want to turn into pudding.

That's a bad missuse of the word pudding. use custard instead.

#37-#93-#27*
09-26-2003, 11:51 PM
why that car? that location for your house?
It's my 'dream car'.

The location implies I'm a rich, possibly famous person living a very spoiled life.

andora
09-26-2003, 11:53 PM
It's my 'dream car'.

The location implies I'm a rich, possibly famous person living a very spoiled life.

are you being serious now? :p.. or just joking

dempsey_k*
09-26-2003, 11:54 PM

I was being serious .. hmph.

andora
09-26-2003, 11:56 PM
I was being serious .. hmph.

i'm still not listening... :)..

#37-#93-#27*
09-26-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm being serious. :dunno:

It's not realistic but it's what I'd want in life. If you want more realistic or basic it would basically be that but to a lesser extent.

great job relating to sports that I would enjoy
great wife and kid
house and good car

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 12:00 AM
for those who care, I was also serious.

evman150*
09-27-2003, 12:02 AM
I would like to work for NASA in some capacity one day.

andora
09-27-2003, 12:04 AM
you guys should elaborate more.. why are these your goals? :).. i mean.. once you reach them, what have you achieved... ?.. why is it an accomplishment?

#37-#93-#27*
09-27-2003, 12:05 AM
you guys should elaborate more.. why are these your goals? :).. i mean.. once you reach them, what have you achieved... ?.. why is it an accomplishment?
Those aren't my goals.

I have many other goals which are like steps or paths but unrealistic goals so I won't get into them.

I guess the only "true" goal I have that I mentioned here is the part about working in sports to some capacity. The rest are just a couple things I expect to happen and hope they will.

dempsey_k*
09-27-2003, 12:08 AM
i'm still not listening... :)..

Do you drool at your windowsil when poodles walk by ?

Haute Couture
09-27-2003, 12:13 AM
when you get right down to it, what is it in particular that you want in your life? around you, material possessions and mental/emotional satisfactions?...
Umm, if I don't die before I'm supposed to, I should be fine.
Young person or old I don't think there is anything better in life than having a close connection with someone of the opposite sex.
That falls under "pus-sy" category.

Nalyd Psycho
09-27-2003, 12:26 AM
I want to be in a place where I don't have to have something for me when I come home...

Gee Wally
09-27-2003, 04:00 AM
I hereby protest this blatant age discrimination..

Klingsor should be allowed to reply to this thread !

Koltsov71
09-27-2003, 05:03 AM
I want to be a coroner.

Winger98
09-27-2003, 05:30 AM
I want a quiet house in the middle of nowhere; a place where I won't need central air in the summer to feel comfortable, nor three months worth of food stored away for the winter :). Think of the end of Minority Report and how that little cabin just looked to be far away from everything, but without the siblings. I wouldn't mind a wife, either :D

klingsor
09-27-2003, 05:37 AM
I hereby protest this blatant age discrimination..

Klingsor should be allowed to reply to this thread !

Thank you, kind Sir.

I already have a wonderful wyf and more than sufficient money, possessions and property.
I enjoy what I do for a living.

What I still crave is "power".

kira
09-27-2003, 06:02 AM
I think it shouldn't matter whether we're young or not, we have our wishes too.

So what do I want? Love...someone to come home to who will be there to hold me if I need to be held, listen to me if I need to speak, and give me space if that's what I need.

Respect - 'nuff said.

Sanity - I need it to get me through this rat race...I'm tired of the rats winning all the time and driving me nuts.

So how's that?

canadahockeygirl*
09-27-2003, 07:23 AM
I don't really care if there is anything "rich" in my life. When the focus in life has gone from love to money, the things that were what you built your relationships on don't matter. Maybe I'm biased because of all the **** I've gone through and my family falling apart because of my mom's materialistic focus-- what we had (which wasn't ever anything to scoff at) never was enough for her. Sorry for the rant, but it really is sad to see how many people would rather have a nice car than someone who loves them. Take all the riches in the world, but if you're not happy with your life, those riches won't help you be happier.

Now that I'm off my soapbox, what I truly want is someone who loves me for who I am at my best and worst, a family with a few kids, improved health, a dog, and the ability to continue playing hockey until I'm 90.

I already do one of my dream jobs (coaching), and will be starting my other dream job (sports radio) next week, but wish it offered more hours to start so I didn't have to keep a third job just to help make ends meet.

Aerolanche
09-27-2003, 07:27 AM
The only thing I *truely* want is to play in the National Hockey League. I am willing to sacrafice anything of any amount for any length of time to do this.

cybresabre
09-27-2003, 07:56 AM
my two fwunt teef

not really, but i would like
-a solid career that will make sure money is not a worry
-a house that is a quiet place with good fishing, a pond to skate on, woods, space to get lost in, well water, a hammock between two old trees, room to shoot guns without being arrested, a life that is not too easy... (should stay where i am, i guess!)
-a family with smart, cheerful children and grandchildren to match.
-respect from the neighbors, even though we can't see each other's houses
-of course, a fancy car too ;)

certainly not in the above order though.

Kevin Forbes
09-27-2003, 09:14 AM
I was actually asked this question this summer, when I was being interviewed for a big scholarship (I didn't get the big price of 21k, but did get the runner up of 4k). I'm 18 and I just started college this september. All things considered, in this life there is only thing I want

Happiness

it's as easy as that, if I'm happy then I'm complete. If happiness is my 2.5 kids and a dog and a wife living in Surburbia working 9-5 at an ambigious office then so be it. If happiness is living alone in a cabin somewhere writing novels that no one will read then so be it. As long as I am happy, nothing else matters.

CCF
09-27-2003, 11:46 AM
I want to be work in the National Hockey League and be able to enjoy going to work everyday. I don't want to be stuck in some dead end job that I hate. I want my work to feel more like play.

I want to give my parents everything I can after so many years of them doing it for me.

Patty Ice
09-27-2003, 12:02 PM

I want a world where every human is self-sufficient, where needs for government, borders, race, and money are not needed. Humans are nowhere near to living their true potential. Also to regress in all this "progress" in technology and take it back to simplicity and knock off a few billion people, at least 2/3rds the world population (sounds cold but we are suffocating the planet). I don't expect it to ever happen but thats what I want. But I know we wont last long at the rate we are going.

Histrion
09-27-2003, 12:04 PM
I don't know what I really want. It's hard to fix myself a goal and try to get there as my interest changes every damn week.

GB
09-27-2003, 12:08 PM
subscribe

jfont
09-27-2003, 12:43 PM
:handclap:

Ticallion961
09-27-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm perfectly happy with my life...good friends..great sex life...doing great in school...love my family...couldn't ask for anything else...maybe if i lived in pittsburgh, that'd complete my life

#37-#93-#27*
09-27-2003, 01:33 PM
I'm perfectly happy with my life...good friends..great sex life...doing great in school...love my family...couldn't ask for anything else...maybe if i lived in pittsburgh, that'd complete my life
You're only 19. What teenager doesn't feel the same? I think he meant growing up unless you want to be in school forever living with your family. :)

Postman
09-27-2003, 02:57 PM
I want to live comfortably and not have to struggle. That's pretty much all I want.

Gee Wally
09-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Thank you, kind Sir.

I already have a wonderful wyf and more than sufficient money, possessions and property.
I enjoy what I do for a living.

What I still crave is "power".

same here...

I have come to the conclusion that for me ..the only way to have complete power is to get rid of my wife... I love her too much ..so I'll settle for power at work...

hmmm..hey Zoidberg ..let me know when you're old enough to work...
:D

Leaf Lander
09-27-2003, 03:15 PM

I want a gorgeous young rich woman to have lots of kids with so I can create future hockey players and stalk the leafs and end the stanley cup drought within the next 25 yrs;)

Plager05
09-27-2003, 05:02 PM
A Ph.D in archaeology, Ph.D in psychiatry, or M.D. with a house in the country(the real country, not outer suburbia) with a lake and creeks, good fishing/hunting. And also a big apartment in a nice part of a city where my family would live and kids would go to school. A woman who was my true soulmate. Lots of kids. And I hope I never forget to take time to enjoy it all.

zoidberg
09-28-2003, 12:08 PM
same here...

I have come to the conclusion that for me ..the only way to have complete power is to get rid of my wife... I love her too much ..so I'll settle for power at work...

hmmm..hey Zoidberg ..let me know when you're old enough to work...
Oh, no you didn't! I thought they forced you to retire for being 3 times over the age limit?

PEli*
09-28-2003, 02:34 PM
I want more **** buddies, more free time, more sleep, more marijuana, more alcohol and more parties. I want less responsibility, less annoying chicks and more football.

monkey_00*
09-28-2003, 03:06 PM

I want a gorgeous young rich woman to have lots of kids with so I can create future hockey players and stalk the leafs and end the stanley cup drought within the next 25 yrs;)

monkey_00*
09-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Now I've read all of the posts on this thread....It would seem like the easy thing for me to say here is have ALL the money and power in the world but I also know a few people who are VERY well off but their Love Life is a shambles.........I mean if we can have both Love and Wealth then by all means go for it more Power to you but when it really comes down to it, If I had to choose one it would be to have someone to Love and hold in my arms...That companionship with that special someone which I don't have at present but searching for.......

You can have all the wealth in the world but if you don't have anybody to share it with then what's the use?...all that money and wealth is meaningless is you don't have someone else to share it with and to enjoy it with and maybe even pass it down to the next generation.....

So for me it would be Love...once you have Love in your Life everything else just seems a whole lot easier to get.

Unholy Diver
09-28-2003, 03:48 PM
I would be happy to have enough money to get by and have most of my bills paid off (school loans, car, credit, etc.) nothing extravagant just a place to live and a car

pavel13
09-28-2003, 03:58 PM
I want enough money to be fairly well off in the environment that I choose. I want love, and I want a small group of friends that I feel close to.

ShootOut
09-28-2003, 05:17 PM
My name in the Le Petit Robert dictionnary, with a long paragraph below it, and my picture in the upper right corner of the page. :)