Where is Koltsov ? ?

galiano
09-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Anyone know why we haven't seen Koltsov in an exhibition game yet ? (at least I don't recall him playing ) It has been suggested that his conditioning wasn't great coming into camp but was it so bad that they can't give him any game time ? Or is he hurt and they aren't letting on for some unknown reason ? Is he on tonights roster ?

Interesting how Mojzis is totally overshadowing Koltsov.

Rageinthecage
09-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Anyone know why we haven't seen Koltsov in an exhibition game yet ? (at least I don't recall him playing ) It has been suggested that his conditioning wasn't great coming into camp but was it so bad that they can't give him any game time ? Or is he hurt and they aren't letting on for some unknown reason ? Is he on tonights roster ?

Interesting how Mojzis is totally overshadowing Koltsov.

According to the Vancouver Sun, Koltsov makes his debut tonight against the Flames.

makita
09-28-2003, 08:00 AM
According to Larschied and Ranford, during yesterday's Calgary broadcast Koltsov arrived for camp in very poor condition, so poor in fact that if it had been another player he probably would not have remained with the club. He was cut some slack because it was his first exposure to the North American system.

galiano
09-28-2003, 08:02 AM
According to Larschied and Ranford, during yesterday's Calgary broadcast Koltsov arrived for camp in very poor condition, so poor in fact that if it had been another player he probably would not have remained with the club. He was cut some slack because it was his first exposure to the North American system.

I've just read that he also had a shoulder injury of some sort which has been slow to heal.

maruk14
09-28-2003, 08:38 AM
It sounds pretty simple really. He just needs to get stronger and that is going to take time. Doesn't sounds like the organization is down on him, he just needs to work on his strength before he is ready to play in the NHL.

Kiril Koltsov also made his debut in a Canuck uniform playing just over nine minutes - most of it paired with Nolan Baumgartner. Koltsov finished minus-1.

"I thought Koltsov an ability to read the game and use his offensive instincts," said Crawford. "It'll take some time for him to develop size-wise, but he's showed he has some pretty good tools."

http://www.canucks.com/news/recaps.asp?sectionID=30&id=324

Doesn't sound like any sort of indictment to me. It just sounds like he is going to take a little time to develop.