Flames/Canucks Redux 9/27

zoidberg
09-27-2003, 10:23 AM
Flames win, Zoidberg is great, cycle continues.

nucks2001
09-27-2003, 10:27 AM
Canucks win, Zoidberg sucks, cycle continues

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Flames 4
Canucks 2

Castor Troy
09-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Has anyone heard what the lineup for tonight is going to be? I'm thinking of going to the game, scalped tickets are cheap to preseason

nuksforlife
09-27-2003, 10:43 AM
Canucks 7-Flames -3

GJB
09-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Has anyone heard what the lineup for tonight is going to be? I'm thinking of going to the game, scalped tickets are cheap to preseason

Anyone have any idea how much a ticket would cost, scalped to a pre-season game?

Is there pre-season tickets still available at ticketmaster?

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Flames 8 Canucks 3

Canucks couldn't care less, and they still have too many rookies who aren't NHL ready for the season. Flames eat the rookies alive.

Bobby Lou
09-27-2003, 11:45 AM
5-3 Flames

Canucks still don't take any preseason games seriously. Majority of AHL'ers continue to blow in pressure situations. Flames fans lulled into thinking they might actually have a chance in the regular season.

Preseason is funny.

canucksfan
09-27-2003, 12:42 PM
3-1 Canucks

IceMelter
09-27-2003, 01:02 PM
5-2 Canucks, time for the Rooks to shine.

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 01:09 PM
11-2 Flames :p

Well it won't be that bad, but we'll still lose. Our prospects are overrated and sucking big time, and the NHL guys are half-assing until the season gets closer. Flames in a walk. Maybe we'll draft a player who occasionally scores goals one day. That would be a cool idea...:rolleyes:

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 04:02 PM
11-2 Flames :p

Well it won't be that bad, but we'll still lose. Our prospects are overrated and sucking big time, and the NHL guys are half-assing until the season gets closer. Flames in a walk. Maybe we'll draft a player who occasionally scores goals one day. That would be a cool idea...:rolleyes:Hehehe, my sentiments exactly. :p

C'nuckleHead
09-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Flames will win because it's the only time of the year they do! :)

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 05:11 PM
The Moose gets the nod, so does Koltsov and Iggy's not playing. Hopefully the 'Nucks will play a much better game than they have lately.

GM Place gets new glass... Cherry will be proud.

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Flames will win because it's the only time of the year they do! :)Ohhhh, low blow. :p

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Hedberg in goal!

Koltsov playing FINALLY...

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Lombardi scores 1-0 on rebound....

They said Hedberg made spectacular 1rst save...

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 05:18 PM
1-0 Flames.

Apparently a nice save by Moose but the 'D' couldn't clear the puck from the net. :(

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:22 PM
PP...

Bertuzzi SCORES!!!!!!

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Bertuzzi scores FINALLY!

Nice assist by Hank.

1-1

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Henrik=best Canuck BY FAR this preseason...I know only preseason-but still...

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Koltsov draws hooking penalty-Shorty says it was a nice dive :D Maybe we have a Floppa now? :joker:

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Ruutu!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1

PP goal...

Cal-Lombardi 2 (Leopold, Dome)
Van-Bertuzzi 1 (H. Sedin, Jovanovski) PP
Van-Ruutu 1 (Salo, Ohlund) PP

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Koltsov draws hooking penalty-Shorty says it was a nice dive :D Maybe we have a Floppa now? :joker:

These players KNOW when that stick is on them how to go down to draw a call. It is an art form, and it is a very real part of all sports.

cnukfan
09-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Is there a problem with CKNW cause I can't seem to get the game. :dunno:

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 05:33 PM

I am listening right now on the internet.

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Allen playing physical! :handclap: What he brings to this D is extremely lacking-he just needs to bring it every night! Nastiness! :)

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 05:36 PM
If you're having troubles with CKNW, try CFAX 1070 (AM) instead. It's a Victoria station.

cnukfan
09-27-2003, 05:36 PM
I am listening right now on the internet.

Thanks...damn popup stopper :D

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Good first period... for a change.

Still, only 4 shots for the 'Nucks and both goals on the pp.

Apparently Bertuzzi's flying tonight... I say he'll get another goal.

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Finally some life in the team...

Bertuzzi has really been involved in the play...

Still no prospects standing out really...

2-1 Canucks after 1rst.

JessC
09-27-2003, 06:02 PM
HENRIK SEDIN SCORES!!!! assisted by Ed Jovanovski and Todd Bertuzzi!!!!

w00t!

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Henrik! PP again! 3 PP goals...

H. Sedin 2 (Jovanovski, Bertuzzi) PP

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 06:04 PM
I think what Tom said about the Sedins is a true positive. They absolutely must have those two producing, and looking good. Very nice to see.

orcatown
09-27-2003, 06:05 PM
I guess its just me and my ornery nature but am I wrong in saying that you learn very little about the how the players are playing by listening to Larsheid and Shorthouse. I mean one of the focuses for tonite has to be Koltsov. However, Larshied and Shorthouse spend too much time giggling away about some half-assed joke or comment. I'd wish they tried to provide insight about the players - especially the prospects. Tonite they should make Hedburg and Koltsov the focus. Instead they seem more intent oh establishing how clever they are or congratulating one another on their cleverness.

Sometimes they seem to reflect the attitude that the pre-season is just a tedious bore and something that has to be suffered through. Well if that's there attitude why don't they just go on vacation for a while longer and hand the pre-season over to people who will do their job and provide some insight into how the players are doing.

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Dang, I missed that goal, I turned the radio on too late.

Hank's da man!

Wow, he's been sooo impressive this preseason; hope it's a glimpse of good things to come.

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:10 PM
hope it's a shadow of things to come.

Care to reword that? :p Or do you wish ill upon the mighty Hank? :joker:

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:13 PM
I guess its just me and my ornery nature but am I wrong in saying that you learn very little about the how the players are playing by listening to Larsheid and Shorthouse. I mean one of the focuses for tonite has to be Koltsov. However, Larshied and Shorthouse spend too much time giggling away about some half-assed joke or comment. I'd wish they tried to provide insight about the players - especially the prospects. Tonite they should make Hedburg and Koltsov the focus. Instead they seem more intent oh establishing how clever they are or congratulating one another on their cleverness.

Sometimes they seem to reflect the attitude that the pre-season is just a tedious bore and something that has to be suffered through. Well if that's there attitude why don't they just go on vacation for a while longer and hand the pre-season over to people who will do their job and provide some insight into how the players are doing.

Actually I've noticed they spend about 25% of the game complaining about how boring, pointless and uninteresting preseason is. They very rarely make comments about players, except for the odd "Mojzis looks good tonight" or "King is having a tough night" etc...

Flames score-Robert Dome? WTF? He still plays?

Jewelly
09-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Care to reword that? :p Or do you wish ill upon the mighty Hank? :joker:How about a little 'foreshadowing' instead... better? :D

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Canucks have 5 shots through 1 1/2 periods...
3 goals...

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Gelinas on the PP...

3-3

Canucks still have only 5 shots...
Cal-Lombardi 2 (Leopold, Dome)
Van-Bertuzzi 1 (H. Sedin, Jovanovski) PP
Van-Ruutu 1 (Salo, Ohlund) PP
Van-H. Sedin 2 (Jovanovski, Bertuzzi) PP
Cal-Dome 3 (Morgan)
Cal-Gelinas 2 (Leopold, Lombardi) PP

zoidberg
09-27-2003, 06:28 PM
DDDDDDDDOOOOOOOME!

Dome = God.

Gelinas scores too. 3-3.

Flames farm team is playing well.

Also guys look out for Ewasko. 6'7 245, a real inspirational story too. Perhaps Vancouver radio'll do a feature on him.

PS Dome = God.

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 06:30 PM
I am not trying to be a pesimest, but it sure seems like teams know how to play the Canucks. Clutch, grab, hold and tackle.... it's not called, and the Canucks don't seem to fight through it.

5 shots on goal. That is pathetic, preseason or not.

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Robert Dome...cannot believe he is still around...sounds like he is having a decent preseaon though...

zoidberg
09-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Robert Dome...cannot believe he is still around...sounds like he is having a decent preseaon though...
He's amazing. I am officially switching allegiances from Scott Nichol to Robert Dome. I even have a Dome dance. (See CalgaryPuck.com)

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:42 PM
2 periods, 7 shots...

Sound familiar? Seriously I don't care much if the vets stink in preseason, but having all the young guys blow chunks all preseason really is not even remotely encouraging...

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Did Crawford bench Koltsov? Did not even hear his name once in the 2nd period. Crow really has a hate-on for young d-men. It kinda bugs me.

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Could Tom possibly baby Cloutier anymore?

I agree with what he was saying, but you could tell even Dan was like "I don't need you to defend me Tom"

Dan will be just fine.

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Flames got jobbed.

Ironchef Chris Wok*
09-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Somehow, I'm just not going to go to CKNW and start listening to the game. I dont' want to lose hair just for PRESEASON.

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Somehow, I'm just not going to go to CKNW and start listening to the game. I dont' want to lose hair just for PRESEASON.

This is the attitude that permeates the team... care less about these games, and what indication is there that they will care in the regular season?

I gaurantee you that Crawford is pulling his hair.

Ironchef Chris Wok*
09-27-2003, 07:07 PM
This is the attitude that permeates the team... care less about these games, and what indication is there that they will care in the regular season?

I gaurantee you that Crawford is pulling his hair.

Well, I can't really blame Morrison, he doesn't have much hair left :joker:

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 07:16 PM

That was funny!!! :lol:

Biggest Canuck Fan
09-27-2003, 07:20 PM
What Nolan did may put him in the coaches good books... take a hit to make a play. Very nice to see.

monster_bertuzzi
09-27-2003, 07:20 PM

Morrison's a good lookin guy..and he has plenty of hair;).

iceburg
09-27-2003, 07:43 PM
I missed it. Who scored the last two goals? Who were the three stars?

zoidberg
09-27-2003, 07:45 PM
3. Dome
2. Leopold
1. Bertuzzi

Waveburner
09-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Koltsov played I believe 2 shifts after the 1rst period. LAME. The rest of the prospects did nothing all night yet again, at least judging from listening. The organization has done nothing but boast of "depth", yet our young players were 10X better in previous preseasons. Probably the best showing was by Kesler so far, and in a completely defensive role, displaying little to zero creativity. If this lame preseason showing is any indication, the Moose are in for a long season.

iceburg
09-27-2003, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=Waveburner]Koltsov played I believe 2 shifts after the 1rst period. LAME. QUOTE]

Crawford said after the game that Koltsov clearly has the skill but he needs to get a lot stronger. It sounds like Crawford thinks that Koltsov's not even close to making the team so why bother playing him.

the-rasta-masta
09-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Can any Canucks fans who were at the game comment on the play of the Flames? (other than the goaltending, because we all know how bad it was already:mad: )

monster_bertuzzi
09-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Can any Canucks fans who were at the game comment on the play of the Flames? (other than the goaltending, because we all know how bad it was already:mad: )

Was at the game. I thought the best Flames players were easily Leopold, Dome, and Lombardi. Wow, is Dome ever skilled..if he can put it all togeter the Flames might have themselves a nice second line scoring threat. As for the team in general, the usual, they worked their ass off, but got stoned by Hedberg a few times.

I think the Flames will be battling for that 8th playoff spot all season, but will be hard-pressed to get it. But who knows right?

Mizral
09-28-2003, 11:13 AM
I missed the game last night. I'm excited about the Twins though, by reading this.

How did Hedberg play?

Castor Troy
09-28-2003, 12:27 PM
I missed the game last night. I'm excited about the Twins though, by reading this.

How did Hedberg play?

Hedberg played well in my opinion. He looked solid and made several nice saves when the score was tied. I didn't see the first flames goal but the second and third were both scrambles down low where the puck went through a lot of traffic and ended up being popped in. I didn't notice which defencemen were on the ice for those two goals but they definitely didn't do a good job of clearing the front of the net.

He looked sound positionally and cut down his angles well even through traffic.

One thing that really stuck out at me watching Hedberg was that he can actually play the puck! We haven't seen a goalie that can play the puck like this for awhile here. He almost got caught once out of the net but he was playing it almost anytime it was behind the goal line. It really helped out our defence by speeding up the transition and neutralizing the forecheck at times.

The twins + Bertuzzi were the best line out there last night. Henrik had a beautiful tip goal off a Jovanovski wrist shot from the point. They looked really good on the powerplay with Daniel handling the puck and setting up at the half-boards like he started to do late last year.

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Hedberg played well in my opinion. He looked solid and made several nice saves when the score was tied. I didn't see the first flames goal but the second and third were both scrambles down low where the puck went through a lot of traffic and ended up being popped in. I didn't notice which defencemen were on the ice for those two goals but they definitely didn't do a good job of clearing the front of the net.

He looked sound positionally and cut down his angles well even through traffic.

One thing that really stuck out at me watching Hedberg was that he can actually play the puck! We haven't seen a goalie that can play the puck like this for awhile here. He almost got caught once out of the net but he was playing it almost anytime it was behind the goal line. It really helped out our defence by speeding up the transition and neutralizing the forecheck at times.

The twins + Bertuzzi were the best line out there last night. Henrik had a beautiful tip goal off a Jovanovski wrist shot from the point. They looked really good on the powerplay with Daniel handling the puck and setting up at the half-boards like he started to do late last year.Yes Shorty & Larsh commented a couple of times how well Hedberg played the puck. They seemed pleasantly surprised. :D

SedinFan*
09-29-2003, 12:46 AM
When was the last time Vancouver had a goaltender that could actually play the puck....that's why.

Dan Cloutier is hopeless at it. The sad thing is he works on it almost every single day and he still blows.