Rules Of A Rock Concert

Aaron Vickers
09-27-2003, 12:08 PM
I went to the finger eleven concert here in Calgary a couple nights ago, and figured some ground rules need to be established at a rock concert.

1. 18+ only. I'm sick of hearing 14 year old girls shout 'I love you James' to a band who's music they have no clue about, especially hard-rock. Who says 'I love you' at a hard rock concert? The answer is 14 year old girls. 'Oh my god, oh my god here he comes!' is another phrase I never want to hear at an alternative-rock concert.

2. Don't mosh when the lead singer says 'We're going to slow things down a bit with our new single'. When a slow song comes on, it usually isn't grounds to mosh.

3. Pushing. Don't push or shove people around. If you want to do that, jump in the pit and do it, dont try to be tough by pushing the people around you a little bit. It's a pain in the ass, and as annoying as hell.

4. If you decide to crowd surf, dont complain or whine when you get pulled by the bouncers and end up with only one shoe. Your loss.

Any others?

Histrion
09-27-2003, 12:15 PM
I don't agree with rule #1 since I'm 17 years old.

Aaron Vickers
09-27-2003, 12:21 PM
I don't agree with rule #1 since I'm 17 years old.

Tell ya what, if you dont scream "I Love You James" every three minutes into my ear, you're welcome to come in.

Mr. T
09-27-2003, 12:25 PM
You have to yell '' "RAWK!" not "ROCK!".

Histrion
09-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Tell ya what, if you dont scream "I Love You James" every three minutes into my ear, you're welcome to come in.

I sure as hell don't do that kind of crap. In fact, a like looking at people making fools out of themselves at rock shows, it can be worth the admission tickets, I tell ya!

Douggy
09-27-2003, 12:44 PM
- If you like the mosh pit, I'm down with that, but don't push people into the mosh pit if they obviously don't want to be there. I'm 6'3, 210 and I don't like moshing. If you push me into the pit I'll frickin' take you to school.

- If a hot girl is crowd surfing, pretend she's your sister and keep your hands to yourself!!! :rant: That said, every girl who crowd surfs (intentionally) shouldn't complain about what happens to her when shes up there.

- Sell water at a respectable price!!!

golfmade
09-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Couldn't you buy one bottle of water and refill it at a water fountain?

RiellyGood
09-27-2003, 03:47 PM
- If a hot girl is crowd surfing, pretend she's your sister and keep your hands to yourself!!! :rant: That said, every girl who crowd surfs (intentionally) shouldn't complain about what happens to her when shes up there.

:lol:

at a concert i was at a couple weeks ago, everytime you'd seea hot chick crowd surf you'd see a bunch guys reach right for their **** or _____. :blush: they all try to moleste them, its a concert for god's sake not an orgy!!!

Dwayne Roloson
09-27-2003, 04:15 PM
heres a rule, all crowd surfers should fall and break there arms for kicking people in the back of the head who are trying to enjoy the show

Jarnberg
09-27-2003, 05:54 PM
Also the people who yell back at the lead singer everytime they say something, don't be that person.

Also a rule that is a big one, don't wear a t-shirt of the artist you are seeing.

kira
09-27-2003, 09:02 PM
As a veteran of working live concerts with traditional musicians, I have found one thing that applies to them as well as any other concert. If it's a song where you are encouraged to clap along, please, please, PLEASE - have a sense of rhythm, would you? I've been at shows where people have absolutely no sense of rhythm, and couldn't keep a beat in a barn. Pathetic.

Also, if you are in a place where you are allowed to get up and dance (and I've been to some of them), don't make an ass of yourself by dancing like a total homer. You're better off not dancing at all.

Vyacheslav
09-28-2003, 02:57 PM
- If you like the mosh pit, I'm down with that, but don't push people into the mosh pit if they obviously don't want to be there. I'm 6'3, 210 and I don't like moshing. If you push me into the pit I'll frickin' take you to school.

When I was at Summer Sanitarium, I saw this girl standing next to the edge of the pit who would push random people into the pit, when the person being pushed in had not planned on going in. That's not right.

If everyone keeps their hands to themselves, she won't be doing much crowd surfing. If you mean "no gratuitous grabbing" I agree, but if a girl is coming over and she's about to be dropped on my head unless I do something, I'm putting my hands up. I've had enough people dropped on me already.

- Sell water at a respectable price!!!

I went to the warped tour and they were selling 20oz bottles of water for 5 bucks. I spent about 35 dollars on water. When the water bottles ran out, they were charging people 5 dollars to drink out of the tub of ice that once held the bottles. That's disgusting, people have been putting their hands in that all day.

Epoch
09-28-2003, 02:59 PM
When at an Insane Clown Posse concert,if you don't like getting wet,do not be near the front of the stage, they spray Faygo rootbeer on the crowd.

Nikkowar
09-28-2003, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=Aaron Vickers]I went to the finger eleven concert here in Calgary a couple nights ago, and figured some ground rules need to be established at a rock concert.

1. 18+ only. I'm sick of hearing 14 year old girls shout 'I love you James' to a band who's music they have no clue about, especially hard-rock. Who says 'I love you' at a hard rock concert? The answer is 14 year old girls. 'Oh my god, oh my god here he comes!' is another phrase I never want to hear at an alternative-rock concert.

I hear that crap all the time-"OOOHHHH I LOVE YOU-so and so" I hate it when they yell that,I mean I don't go to an In Flames concert and yell,"I LOVE YOU,JESPER!"(I think that's his name-that or Anders) I mean,listen to the damn concert will ya?! And if you want to teenybop,the Justin Timberlake concert is right down the street-see ya later! About the most pit,if you don't want to mosh,don't go near it. It's the only reason why I might not go see Slayer next month.

Douggy
09-28-2003, 04:44 PM
That was a lot of incoherant rambling pizzapie, but let me see if I get the jist of it: People shouldn't treat rock stars the way YOU treat baseball players? :p

Nikkowar
09-28-2003, 05:05 PM
That was a lot of incoherant rambling pizzapie, but let me see if I get the jist of it: People shouldn't treat rock stars the way YOU treat baseball players? :p
lol,to be honest,I find it annoying when they teenybop over those bands.
and,I also find it annoying when they ramble on how hot the players are,I mean there is a limit! :teach: