deepest? I wouldn't go that far....

06-27-2005, 03:30 PM
this tuesday at 7pm on espn and tsn

this draft is the deepest in over 17 yrs

bogut is special he'll make a very strong impact right away

he was the naismith winner so the kid can play b- ball

look for marvin williams to possibly go to the toronto raptors they love him

also there should be a flurry of draft day trades

It remains to be seen if it's the deepest draft...but should be a good one...

Andrew Bogut will be good, but I think the Bucks or the Hawks, whoever picks him, will end up regretting passing on other players, I think Bogut might have a Vlade Divac type of career, I really don't think he's #1 worthy, but hey :dunno:

The only way Williams goes to Toronto is if they trade up to at least #3 with Portland, and even at that, it only happens if Bucks take Bogut and Hawks take Paul, which is unlikely

Detox
06-27-2005, 03:34 PM

Anyone else think that Bogut will be the next Shawn Bradley?? Even with the Vladdy Divac comparisons, I wouldnt take Divac first overall in any draft, an above average center at best, not a potential game breaker by any means...certainly not a first overall pick.

BuppY
06-27-2005, 03:39 PM

Yor from New York, That is something New York reporters would say. lol HAHAHA

TVanek26*
06-27-2005, 03:45 PM

Too bad Williams will go top 2,top 4 at the lowest.

This draft is above average,not that great.

ATG
06-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Their looks to be a trade in the works between Portland and Utah which would see Portlang give Utah the third pick along with Ruben Patterson for the sixth pick and Kirk Snyder,Gordan Giricek. Portland would select Deron Williams for Utah and Utah would select C Andrew Bynum for Portland. This means that their is a very good chance that Gerald Green falls to Toronto :yo: :clap:

Saturn
06-27-2005, 05:01 PM
This means that their is a very good chance that Gerald Green falls to Toronto :yo: :clap:

That would be great to see, they will still probably pull a homer and draft Antoine Wright even if Green is still availiable.

GKJ
06-27-2005, 08:12 PM

figures the sixers don't have a 1st round pick. Great job, Billy King :shakehead

acr*
06-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure who the C's will pick at 18(probably because everything on ESPN about the damn draft is insider), but I'll watch to see if the obligatory Pierce to Portland rumors come up again, which I doubt.

Gibsons Finest
06-27-2005, 09:39 PM
If the Hawks take Williams, and Portland takes Williams in the supposed swap with Utah, where Utah gets that pick and take Bynum for the Blazers, the Hornets will get a sweet steal in Chris Paul. IMO, he's the best player in the draft, and will be an awesome PG. The Bobcats, with 5th, would then probably take Felton, clearing the way for Gerald Green to the Raptors, which would be awesome for them, if they keep the pick that is.

Nifty=HHOF
06-27-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure who the C's will pick at 18(probably because everything on ESPN about the damn draft is insider), but I'll watch to see if the obligatory Pierce to Portland rumors come up again, which I doubt.

I did see one mock draft that had Warrick falling to the C's at 18. CBS has them taking either Jarrett Jack or Charlie Villanueva.

Gibsons Finest
06-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Maybe, with the latest rumor of Memphis selling their pick, and with T-O wanting to get Magloire, maybe everything could work out great for them. If Green falls to them, and Danny Granger or Antoine Wright or someone like that somehow falls to them at 16(unlikely, but I've seen much more unlikely things happen at drafts), they could offer up the pick to NO with something else, like Mo-Pete and Williams, and maybe get Magloire anyway. Then, they could potentially buy Memphis' pick, and then pick-up someone like Jarrett Jack, maybe.

acr*
06-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I did see one mock draft that had Warrick falling to the C's at 18. CBS has them taking either Jarrett Jack or Charlie Villanueva.

If we get Villaneuva I'd laugh. I'm sure he'd help the team, since Ainge seems to be a good drafter, but the fact that we'd have a guy with no eyebrows is just funny.

sehnsucht
06-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Maybe, with the latest rumor of Memphis selling their pick, and with T-O wanting to get Magloire, maybe everything could work out great for them. If Green falls to them, and Danny Granger or Antoine Wright or someone like that somehow falls to them at 16(unlikely, but I've seen much more unlikely things happen at drafts), they could offer up the pick to NO with something else, like Mo-Pete and Williams, and maybe get Magloire anyway. Then, they could potentially buy Memphis' pick, and then pick-up someone like Jarrett Jack, maybe.

I think that's the best deal the Raps could get out of the day- adding Magloire, Green, and Jack. I really like Jack because he's close friends with Bosh and might be picked ahead of more talented players for this reason but when you're the Raptors, you go with players that actually want to play for you first. What's the use of having super talented players if they don't give a crap?

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 01:08 AM
I think that's the best deal the Raps could get out of the day- adding Magloire, Green, and Jack. I really like Jack because he's close friends with Bosh and might be picked ahead of more talented players for this reason but when you're the Raptors, you go with players that actually want to play for you first. What's the use of having super talented players if they don't give a crap?

Yeah. For quite some time I've wanted the Raps to pick Jack, as he's best friends with Bosh, and probably would like to play there. Magloire would also definetely want to play for the hometown crowd, and I don't know about Green, but I doubt he'll pull a Steve Francis on T-O.

With Magloire, Bosh, Rose, Green, and a combo of Jack and Alston, the Raps could possibly make the playoffs, even with a very bad bench. Don't rule out them signing someone, either, as while they might not have alot of room, with Redd, Allen, Mobley, Sprewell, and probably Finley and Houston on the market, it's a very crowded market for guards, and one or two of those guys might have to play for much less than they'd want. That's doubtful, though.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 03:35 AM
Here is what I expect to see tonight:

1. Bucks - Bogut (7 foot center, ready for the NBA, will immediately improve the Bucks in the paint)
2. Hawks - M. Williams (highest upside of the draft, and still improving!)
3. Blazers - Paul (if they don't trade with LA, which need a PG, the Blazers will go for the BPA)
4. Hornets - D. Williams
5. Bobcats - Green
6. Jazz - Felton
7. Raptors - Granger (One of my favourites players of the draft, can do it all)
8. Knicks - Frye (YAAAAAYYYYYY!!! )
9. Warriors - Villanueva
10. Lakers - Vazquez (would be a big surprise but he has size and could make an immediate impact, the Lakers won't pick on needs but based on the BPA; I strongly think they will try hard to trade up)
11. Orlando - Wright
12. Clippers - Webster
13. Bobcats - Taft (projected as a top four last year, didn't progress that much and showed lack of attitude/desire, a bit of a head case but with their second first rounder the Bobcats fill he is the best player available, a boom or bust pick)
14. T-Wolves - Graham (not a UNC player but I'm sure Minnesota would love him; forget Sprewell contract, there's a new small forward in town)
15 Nets - Andriuskevicius (tremendous upside for this 7'2" kid from Lithuania)

Belgian Fan
06-28-2005, 03:46 AM
OK people, seems to be a bit of a boom in the NBA draft threads.

use this one for all talk, the Mock draft thread for all mock draft contests and I'll leave the Toronto thread open as well (because I'm in a good mood)

06-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Anyone else think that Bogut will be the next Shawn Bradley?? Even with the Vladdy Divac comparisons, I wouldnt take Divac first overall in any draft, an above average center at best, not a potential game breaker by any means...certainly not a first overall pick.

I don't know about Shawn Bradley, but I agree with you, the Bucks or Hawks if they pick him will end up regretting passing over players like M.Williams, D.Williams, Paul, Green, Granger...

I think Bynum will have a bigger impact than Bogut and maybe even Frye...

Bogut IMO, will have a good career, along the lines of a Divac as I already mentionned, good player, but not worth a 1st round pick...

A parallel could be made with Joe Smith, coming out of Maryland he was the 1st pick overall, he had a decent career, but look at the players drafted behind him, here's one name...Kevin Garnett

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Well draft day is finally here :handclap: I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

I agree with others who say that Bogut is not the best player in this draft but at the same time I do think the Bucks will pick him.

Not sure what the Raptors are going to do. Personally I would rather see them hold on to their picks instead of trading for Magloire. If they are going to make a trade at all, I would like to see them move up to grab either Williams (not likely) or Paul. Players I would like to see drafted -> Granger, Graham, Webster or Jack.

Should be an interesting day, as from all accounts it sounds like Portland is very much looking to move their pick. Could be some interesting deals today.

JFPIV
06-28-2005, 08:46 AM

Can you say Luc Longley. This is a mistake at no.1 overall. He didn't play anyone in the WAC that challenged him.

M. Williams and Paul are the class of the draft in terms of overall talent.....and I personally think that Hakim Warrick is going to be an absolutely STEAL (Donnie Walsh are you reading this?) later in the first round.

IMHO, Warrick will be the rookie of the year.

Vic Rattlehead*
06-28-2005, 08:47 AM
I hope somehow the Raptors screw up today. ;) j/k

06-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Can you say Luc Longley. This is a mistake at no.1 overall. He didn't play anyone in the WAC that challenged him.

M. Williams and Paul are the class of the draft in terms of overall talent.....and I personally think that Hakim Warrick is going to be an absolutely STEAL (Donnie Walsh are you reading this?) later in the first round.

IMHO, Warrick will be the rookie of the year.

Danny Granger or Marvin Williams for me...

Steal in this draft:Sean May

He's the most polished big man inside, comes from a winning program, if he had another ince or two, he'd be a lottery pick, reminds me a whole lot of Elton Brand

Bruinaholic
06-28-2005, 10:08 AM

Jarrett Jack is definitly the guy id like to get at 18, Ainge recently confirmed that they will not be bringing back Payton but still said he wanted to get a 3rd PG.
If the C's go that route (3 very young PG's) then i would be more inclined to trade Pierce and go a little younger... Lets face it,this team w/ out any real veteran presence isnt going to be a playoff threat for atleast 2 years.
My plan Draft either Jarrett Jack or Roko Ukic(another young impressive PG) at 18 and trade Paul Pierce to LA Clippers for Corey Maggette and either Chris Wilcox or a Draft pick.

acr*
06-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Jarrett Jack is definitly the guy id like to get at 18, Ainge recently confirmed that they will not be bringing back Payton but still said he wanted to get a 3rd PG.
If the C's go that route (3 very young PG's) then i would be more inclined to trade Pierce and go a little younger... Lets face it,this team w/ out any real veteran presence isnt going to be a playoff threat for atleast 2 years.
My plan Draft either Jarrett Jack or Roko Ukic(another young impressive PG) at 18 and trade Paul Pierce to LA Clippers for Corey Maggette and either Chris Wilcox or a Draft pick.

Walker is gone too, I read that Sacramento and the Knicks are going to get i a bidding war for him, and Ainge wants no part of it at a higher salary. I'd like to get a future center too(maybe part of your suggested Pierce deal), since neither Perkins or Jefferson seem to have the size to be a center. I just hope we don't get stuck keeping the Mark Blount Albatross for 6 years.

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 10:48 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=128987

Some draft day rumors.

Cruiser008
06-28-2005, 11:35 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=128987

Some draft day rumors.

Ummmm yummy! Nothing like prospects, drafts and rumours (even if it's of the basketball variety) to get HFBoards excited!

06-28-2005, 11:58 AM
The one thing that people seem to forget in all of this is the Atlanta Hawks...

Everyone thinks that Portland holds the key to this draft because they assume

1.Bucks-Andrew Bogut
2.Hawks-Marvin Williams

I think Bogut is a given at #1, but the only way Atlanta drafts Marvin at #2 is if they're trading him, they already have a glut of SF's in Josh Childress, Al Harrington and Josh Smith, what they don't have is a starting caliber PG (all they have is Tyronne Lue) I don't see given that situation how they can pass up on Deron Williams or Chris Paul (I personally think Deron is better, than Paul) which would then mean that Portland could draft Marvin Williams...

This is what's holding up the whole process here, Portland is waiting to see what the Hawks will do, IMO, if the Hawks select Marvin, Portland is trading they're pick, if the Hawks take one of the PG's, they'll happily take Marvin Williams, then that's where the real fun begins, this draft will be like a domino effect, I wouldn't be surprised if it went down like this...

1.Bucks-Bogut
2.Hawks-D.Williams
3.Trail Blazers-M. Williams
4.Hornets-Chris Paul
5.Bobcats-Green
6.Utah-Felton
7.Raptors-Granger
8.Knicks-Frye
9.Warriors-????? (not sure about them)
10.Lakers-Bynum

I don't expect any trades if the Hawks take a PG, at least not in the top 10...

Wow too many scenarios and too much speculation

Free Torts
06-28-2005, 12:10 PM
I've been hearing a lot about Channing Frye lately, but judging by his stats (keep in mind, I've been completely removed from basketball since the Grizz left town) and some articles I've been reading, it seems as though his potential is limited.

Why has he risen so much in recent rankings? Are the Knicks just in love with him?

06-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I've been hearing a lot about Channing Frye lately, but judging by his stats (keep in mind, I've been completely removed from basketball since the Grizz left town) and some articles I've been reading, it seems as though his potential is limited.

Why has he risen so much in recent rankings? Are the Knicks just in love with him?

No just Isaiah Thomas is...I think IT is one of the worst GM's in pro sports, but one thing he is good at is evaluating young talent...

Don't know about Frye though, you'd think a 7 foot center player for a major team like Arizona would of put up better numbers, he was never dominant, and to me, good big men in the NBA, should dominate in college, although he did play in a tough conference and for a deep team...i'd still pass if I was the Raptors

Bruinaholic
06-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Walker is gone too, I read that Sacramento and the Knicks are going to get i a bidding war for him, and Ainge wants no part of it at a higher salary. I'd like to get a future center too(maybe part of your suggested Pierce deal), since neither Perkins or Jefferson seem to have the size to be a center. I just hope we don't get stuck keeping the Mark Blount Albatross for 6 years.

Supposedly the C's are only willing to offer the 5.1$ exception to Walker,he damn well wont get the 14$ he made last year,but IMO hes worth 7-8$ per.
Id like to have him back(being a fan favorite) but really Toine has not improved over his years in the league.
1.His free throw shooting has gone down the crapper
2.Still takes assanine 3pt'rs at bad times( and misses bad)
3.Tons of turn overs
The celts have to decide if they wanna be a contender now,or build on there very strong and young nucleus(we already saw the Bruins mess this up,hopefully lightning doesnt strike twice)

Fighter
06-28-2005, 12:36 PM

Exactly, if he's available it's a sure thing his selection by the Knicks.

acr*
06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Portland trades the #3 to Utah for #6, #27, and a future first (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/news/story?id=2096328)

Great deal for the Blazers, and a risk that could pay off for the Jazz. With Telfair just drafted last year, the Blazers don't need a point guard, and the #2-#5 picks were likely to be PGs, so they got 3 picks out of it, and can easily take an impact player at #6 and have a good young project with the #27.

Utah can't pass up on Chris Paul, I think he's going to be one of the best Point Guards in the league when he hits his prime.

06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
A trade was just announced...Portland moves it's 3rd pick overall to Utah for the 6th and 27th pick, and a protected pick next year ( I believe)

This should allow Utah to draft one of Paul or D.Williams, I think they'll take D.Williams IMO...which means that Paul falls to the Hornets at #5...Bobcats will most likely take Felton but could surprise and take a HS kid...Portland wants one of the HS kids (Green, Webster or Bynum) which would leave the Raptors with a choice of pretty good players

**edit** sorry you beat me to it

06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Portland trades the #3 to Utah for #6, #27, and a future first (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2005/news/story?id=2096328)

Great deal for the Blazers, and a risk that could pay off for the Jazz. With Telfair just drafted last year, the Blazers don't need a point guard, and the #2-#5 picks were likely to be PGs, so they got 3 picks out of it, and can easily take an impact player at #6 and have a good young project with the #27.

Utah can't pass up on Chris Paul, I think he's going to be one of the best Point Guards in the league when he hits his prime.

Do you really think the 3 PG's (D.Williams, Paul and Felton) will go 3,4,5?

I know that Jerry Sloan has a hard on for D.Williams, Hornets would take either one of them...

I don't know about the Bobcats drafting a PG though? they do have Brevin Knight who was 2nd in the league in assits last year

sammy87
06-28-2005, 02:49 PM
...Portland wants one of the HS kids (Green, Webster or Bynum)

All the rumors have them wanting Webster(local kid). Too bad they couldn't get rid of Patterson with this deal. Portland's problem has more to do with the players they have on the roster now rather than the ones they don't have.

jfont
06-28-2005, 02:50 PM
FYI, Wilcox got arrested for firearm possession yesterday...

acr*
06-28-2005, 02:53 PM
FYI, Wilcox got arrested for firearm possession yesterday...

He's now officially a true NBA player :sarcasm:

Fighter
06-28-2005, 02:54 PM
The Bobcats are fine with Brevin Knight, I think they will go after Green.

DevilFisch
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
No just Isaiah Thomas is...I think IT is one of the worst GM's in pro sports, but one thing he is good at is evaluating young talent...

Oh, Isaiah. The Knicks just traded away their only player who could play center (Kurt Thomas), and now the team has something like 4 PFs, 3 SGs, and 4SFs. They need a big man like Frye. Better him than Bynum; though if Frye goes to Toronto at #7, I would imagine Bynum would be picked there. Assuming, of course, Portland doesn't take him at #6.

If the Nets have a clue, they'll select Sean May if May slips to #16. I don't think Charlie Villanueva will drop that far. I don't feel like seeing the Nets draft a potential tweener like Hakim Warrick (especially consdering Richard Jefferson or Vince Carter will be starting at SF anyways), and I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Fran Vazquez' workouts. I hope the Nets make the right decision.

I fully expect the Knicks' pick to be booed regardless.

anguscertified
06-28-2005, 03:05 PM
pardon my laziness, but what time is the draft on TSN tonight

Detox
06-28-2005, 03:08 PM
pardon my laziness, but what time is the draft on TSN tonight
7 EST I beleive

Great trade by the Blazers for once.

SedinFan*
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
7 EST I beleive

Great trade by the Blazers for once.

I'll agree with that for $200 Alec.

Detox
06-28-2005, 03:20 PM
A trade was just announced...Portland moves it's 3rd pick overall to Utah for the 6th and 27th pick, and a protected pick next year ( I believe)

This should allow Utah to draft one of Paul or D.Williams, I think they'll take D.Williams IMO...which means that Paul falls to the Hornets at #5...Bobcats will most likely take Felton but could surprise and take a HS kid...Portland wants one of the HS kids (Green, Webster or Bynum) which would leave the Raptors with a choice of pretty good players

**edit** sorry you beat me to it

From Yahoo sports:
The Portland Trail Blazers entertained offers for the No. 3 overall pick from five different teams but settled on the Utah Jazz as a trading partner.
The Jazz will get Wake Forest point guard Chris Paul with the third pick, and the Blazers will take prep star Martell Webster with the sixth. The Blazers also will receive the Jazz's No. 27 pick and a 2006 first-round pick.

Most of the rumors:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=dw-rumors062805&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Teemu
06-28-2005, 03:30 PM
*waves Deron Williams flag, since Chicago has no picks*

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 03:51 PM
IMO, the Jazz will now take Deron Williams, and the Blazers will take Andrew Bynum. The Hornets can't pass up on Chris Paul, and IMO, with all the depth at SG/SF that'll be around at their next pick, they won't pass up on Raymond Felton(and no, I don't think Brevin Knight is a good enough option for them). That allows T-O to pick up Gerald Green, which would be a stellar pick for them.

DevilFisch
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Martwell Webster at #6???

Let's see...what does HoopsHype have for his description (I'm reading HoopsHype as I'm reading this. Trying to educate myself somewhat on some of the other guys.)...OK. He's a shooting guard with "excellent shooting skills, good athleticism, and lots of potential."

Well, they didn't mention the word headcase, so I don't see how Portland would be interested in drafting them. Unless the headcase will come at #27.

Detox
06-28-2005, 04:03 PM
IMO, the Jazz will now take Deron Williams, and the Blazers will take Andrew Bynum. The Hornets can't pass up on Chris Paul, and IMO, with all the depth at SG/SF that'll be around at their next pick, they won't pass up on Raymond Felton(and no, I don't think Brevin Knight is a good enough option for them). That allows T-O to pick up Gerald Green, which would be a stellar pick for them.
I agree completely with the the Williams and Bynum picks, but Im guessing Felton falls to the Lakers unless they some how move up.

Green in T Dot would be a hellva pick unless Babcock does something stupid and grabs Frye to **** with the Knicks.

A Babcock/Thomas mini battle would be mildly intresting though.

kruezer
06-28-2005, 05:09 PM
It seems that Warrick is gonna fall, does anybody else think he'd make perfect sense at 21 for the Suns?

Vic Rattlehead*
06-28-2005, 05:11 PM
The Hornets must be happy that they'll be getting Chris Paul.

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 05:21 PM
I think the Nuggets are definately hoping Rashad McCants or Francisco Garcia drop to them at #20. I could see them going with a European player at #22 and then keep that player in Europe for another year.

Anthony Mauro
06-28-2005, 05:52 PM
I agree completely with the the Williams and Bynum picks, but Im guessing Felton falls to the Lakers unless they some how move up.

Green in T Dot would be a hellva pick unless Babcock does something stupid and grabs Frye to **** with the Knicks.

A Babcock/Thomas mini battle would be mildly intresting though.

Something tells me Thomas is gonna do something wild.

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm really pulling for the Raps to take Joey Graham. I would love to see him in a Raps uni.

DevilFisch
06-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Something tells me Thomas is gonna do something wild.

Me too. Except by wild, I mean stupid. Watch Isaiah draft a player the team won't need. ;)

Fighter
06-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Me too. Except by wild, I mean stupid. Watch Isaiah draft a player the team won't need. ;)

And it wouldn't be that stranged knowing him... :shakehead

Fighter
06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Where I can find a free broadcast? Any link?

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Where I can find a free broadcast? Any link?

Try NBA.com

No surprises so far with Bogut, M. Williams, D. Williams and Paul.

Now things get interesting.

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Ah I was kinda hopin Felton would fall to the Raptors.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Surprised that the Bobcats picked Felton with Knight in the system, they clearly went after the BPA, but Green IMO was a better choice.
Oh well, this basically improve the cances of NY getting Frye :yo:

jfont
06-28-2005, 07:05 PM
there goes the point guards for my lakers...*sigh*

sehnsucht
06-28-2005, 07:08 PM
C'mon Babcock, don't screw this one up

Green Green Green Green

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 07:08 PM
C'mon Babcock, don't screw this one up

Green Green Green Green

Green's there for the pickin, you gotta think the Raps take him.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Green, Granger or Frye... I would like to be Raptors GM right now!

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Well.....didn't see that coming.

jfont

Chaos
Haha Toronto passes up Green to take Charlie Villanueva

anguscertified
06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
w

t

f

horrible pick

TazzMetal
Wow and Babcock blows it... AGAIN.

Bish please
And we have our first 'WTF' pick.

Fighter
OMG!!!

He screwed it up BIG TIME! Villanueva to Toronto!!! :eek: :amazed: :dunno:

With Green and Granger there... :shakehead

The Nemesis
Is Rob Babcock high?

The Mars Volchenkov
Everyone on ESPN is ripping Babcock to shreds.

anguscertified
06-28-2005, 07:15 PM
How The Hell Do They Not Take Granger

syc
He's so fired.

Saturn
ARG! Did Babcock think it was the 16th pic already?

sehnsucht
WTF is wrong with this man :cry: :cry: :cry:

How he still has a job is beyond me

seriously though, WTF. The Raps continue to dig their own grave under Babcock :clap:

Chaos
Everyone on ESPN is ripping Babcock to shreds.

As they should. He'd have been a great pick at 16..but definately not at #7.

Fighter
And we have our first 'WTF' pick.

:biglaugh: :lol: :biglaugh:

Remind me of Wheeler last year, even if Villanueva was projected to go in the top 15. But with those names already there... well...

Roughneck
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Green, Granger or Frye... I would like to be Raptors GM right now!

But I would sure hate to be a Raptor fan right now.

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
****! Babcock blew it again. I guess he doesn't realize that he has Chris Bosh, and on top of that, Sean May and Channing Frye would've been better picks at the 4/5 position.

Hopefully the Hornets wanted Villanueva, and would trade Magloire for him. Otherwise, fire Babcock's @$$. :madfire:

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Come on Isaiah, show you have a brain here!
You have three GREAT picks to do, don't screw it up! :yo:

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Channing Frye, which was expected.

Gibsons Finest
How The Hell Do They Not Take Granger

Green IMO is the guy they should've picked. IMO, much better than Granger.

Fire his @$$!

Also Knicks get their man in Channing Frye. There was some boo birds out in MSG, though.

Saturn
But I would sure hate to be a Raptor fan right now.

Oy!

I really wanted to see Villanueva with the 16th pic, but still dumbfounded and angered by this. Especially with Green and Granger still availiable.

Well there goes Frye... some happy teams salivating over Green now no doubt.

Digger12
06-28-2005, 07:19 PM
...and Frye goes to NY.

Babcock's on acid.

anguscertified
wow...the warriors are getting a gift at #9

Sturminator
Joy to the Warriors. Granger looks like the pick.

big_steve
Everyone else is surprised it seems but I'm not. It was damn near official that Rob Babcock is a total idiot with the Araujo pick last year and the Carter trade. This makes it official. I expected him to pick Granger but knowing that Babcock is an idiot, I kinda expected something like this and I am not the very least bit surprised.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:20 PM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The New York Knicks are very proud to select from Arizona, center CHANNING FREY :yo: :bow: :yo:

SedinFan*
The only way Babcock makes up for this is if he trades up, but that won't happen. Babcock's an idiot.

Teemu
****! Babcock blew it again. I guess he doesn't realize that he has Chris Bosh, and on top of that, Sean May and Channing Frye would've been better picks at the 4/5 position.

Hopefully the Hornets wanted Villanueva, and would trade Magloire for him. Otherwise, fire Babcock's @$$. :madfire:

At least it wasnt May, but that's about all you can say. What were they thinking?

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Vince Carter was right. Dr.J should've been named their GM.

Dr.J would've picked Gerald Green.

Saturn
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/charlie-villanueva-hd.jpg

Raptors future success on par with the fullness of Villanueva's eyebrows.

ZombieMatt
This is a sketchy, sketchy pick, and I'm not a Raptor's fan.

I don't understand what they're doing. It seems to me this guy could have been available at their next pick.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:23 PM
To be honest Villanueva is not that bad of a pick, yes, he is a clone of Bosh and yes, there were many other better players, and yes he had motivation problems... but the potential is there. His upside could be Drew Gooden, not that bad though.

anguscertified
06-28-2005, 07:23 PM
To be honest Villanueva is not that bad of a pick, yes, he is a clone of Bosh and yes, there were many other better players, and yes he had motivation problems... but the potential is there. His upside could be Drew Gooden, not that bad though.
were not bashing him as a player

but look at who else is available!

sehnsucht
06-28-2005, 07:24 PM
here I was thinking Babcock (as full of mind-altering drugs as he must be to be such a terrible GM) couldn't possibly screw up THIS time because the draft was so deep and there were so many good players available. Charlie V isn't bad, admittedly, but compared to Green and at number 7?!?!?!?!

Mooch
06-28-2005, 07:24 PM
were not bashing him as a player

but look at who else is available!

Exactly!

Digger12
06-28-2005, 07:25 PM
If I'm Bosh, I'm wondering how in the hell Villanueva is supposed to help my team next year.

And on a side note, Granger keeps falling...

Brock
06-28-2005, 07:26 PM

And what would the Raptors do with Drew Gooden?

This pick makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL. I'm so friggen pissed off, I can't even describe it. I just broke my tv controller.

Babcock better have something up his sleeve here in terms of a trade involving Villeuneuva. Because if that pick stands, I swear this man might be a guy hired by the NBA to help extinguish basketball in Canada.

It's like something out of a horror movie.

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Damn it. Green and Granger both fall to the Lakers. Considering they have Kobe, I'll say they'll go with Granger.

Saturn
06-28-2005, 07:27 PM

Going to continue the Raptor lineup problems, one of Bosh/Bonner/Villanueva is going to have to play center. And we know what that does to development of those players.

Is it just me or does every single player drafted so far have wingspan out of proportion with their height? In your face Da Vinci!

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Oh boy, this is a REAL surprise: Diogu to Golden State! :amazed:
Toronto's pick look like a steal compared to this :shakehead

Gibsons Finest
And what would the Raptors do with Drew Gooden?

This pick makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL. I'm so friggen pissed off, I can't even describe it. I just broke my tv controller.

Babcock better have something up his sleeve here in terms of a trade involving Villeuneuva. Because if that pick stands, I swear this man might be a guy hired by the NBA to help extinguish basketball in Canada.

It's like something out of a horror movie.

Babcock is soooo lucky he doesn't live in Saskatchewan. If he did, we would dump so much ***** on his lawn.

sehnsucht
Maybe RB is trading Bosh? That's the only explanation I can find (beyond a trade pick) :sarcasm:

The guy would have been available at 16 if RB wanted him THAT badly

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Oh Jesus, take pity upon Rap's fans

19nazzy
06-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Maybe they should've traded for Magloire if they were going to waste the pick anyway...

FearTheFlyers
06-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Lakers take Bynum

:amazed:

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Oh boy, this is a REAL surprise: Diogu to Golden State! :amazed:
Toronto's pick look like a steal compared to this :shakehead
I don't think so, Diogu looks like a real solid player.

Bynum to LA Lakers. Kind of surprising to me, but oh well.

Saturn
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Hello??? Teams... Gerald Green...

TSN is reporting Gerald Green has come down with leprosy causing him to drop down in the order.

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Interesting pick by the Lakers....not who I expected. But hey there has been a bunch of surprises so far :cry:

Brock
06-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Hello??? Teams... Gerald Green...

TSN is reporting Gerald Green has come down with leprosy causing him to drop down in the order.

Whatever he has, he gave it to Granger to.

sehnsucht
I bet RB will take Juan Mendez at 16 just to spite us all for underestimating what heights of stupidity he could reach

Chaos
Man I would love for the Mavs to find a way to trade up to get Green...but Orlando has their replacement for McGrady sitting there for them.

Fighter
Here we have another WTF pick!
Bynum to the Lakers! :biglaugh:
Oh boy what a waste! Upside of Bynum: Brendan Haywood :dunno:

Toronto pick is looking better and better as the draft goes on :D

Sturminator
06-28-2005, 07:34 PM
I don't think so, Diogu looks like a real solid player.
I guess the rumors of Troy Murphy moving to center are true.

Saturn
06-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Man I would love for the Mavs to find a way to trade up to get Green...but Orlando has their replacement for McGrady sitting there for them.

Trade up from where? Didn't think they had any picks this draft unless they pulled off a trade today.

Mooch

Toronto pick is looking better and better as the draft goes on :D

Yes, but it could have looked sensational had we picked Granger!! :D

Chaos
Trade up from where? Didn't think they had any picks this draft unless they pulled off a trade today.

Meant for them to find a way to trade into a spot to get Green. Damn typos

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Villanueva is talking on ESPN chat, he seems sincerly excited to be a Raptor.

Saturn
06-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Meant for them to find a way to trade into a spot to get Green. Damn typos

Yeah, reguardless somebody is going to get a mid-round gift.

Chaos
06-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, reguardless somebody is going to get a mid-round gift.

As I said before the draft, he's going to be the best player from the draft.

Saturn
06-28-2005, 07:38 PM

Sure its not sincerly excited by the potential of a lottery contract?

There goes Vasquez. What a crazy draft.

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 07:38 PM
1st international player taken by Orlando, except Vazquez is 22 years old so he might be able to help right away.

Digger12
06-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Magic get Vazquez?

When did Green and Granger become pariahs?

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Good pick by the Magic. Vazquez is going to be a good player, he is going to fit well in Orlando.

Saturn
06-28-2005, 07:41 PM
What are the odds that one of Green or Granger are still availiable at 16... and Babcock ignores them again.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Another PF with Howard in the system? Uhm...
He was projected to be picked there, but not by the wrong team.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Soooo pleased the perennial underdogs Clippers will pick one of the best prospects in the draft. :handclap:

P.S.: I heard they are in love with Yaroslav korolev, hope they don't screw it up as the other teams.

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 07:44 PM

I hope so too. With Fin gone, we could use a guy like Green. But, I doubt that happens. Hopefully we can sign Kwame Brown, though.

And yet again Green-Granger are passed up. The Clippers are next, and IMO they should pick one of the two, but the way this draft is going, the next Clipper will be Wayne Simien.

Tuggy
Soooo pleased the perennial underdogs Clippers will pick one of the best prospects in the draft. :handclap:

P.S.: I heard they are in love with Yaroslav korolev, hope they don't screw it up as the other teams.

Good call.

Saturn

DING DING DING

Chaos
06-28-2005, 07:45 PM
And the Clippers take Korolev..Charlotte has got to be looking at Green at #13(who I thought they might take at#5).

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Korolev for the Clippers, don't they think they better start to think for the present instead of the "future"? :shakehead

Bish please

What Villanueva is saying...

"Im really excited to be going to Toronto"

What Villanueva is thinking...

"Holly **** Im a lottery pick! Im rich *****"

Gibsons Finest
Clippers take Korolev instead. Very good pick.

Charlotte potentially will have the best draft ever. Felton and Green or Granger, to complement Okafor would be awesome. T-Wolves will probably take one of the two, or Antoine Wright, as well.

With New Jersey needing size, it looks like one of Green, Granger, and Wright will fall to T-O at 16. But, knowing Babcock, he'll find a way to screw that pick up too.

The Nemesis
06-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Is someone feeding crystal meth vapours into the air at MSG? It's like the entire NBA has reached a decision whereby they try and screw up the league by making a series of mind boggling picks.

Either that or there are issues with Granger and Green far, far far beyond what we've been told.

Clippers take Korolev instead. Very good pick.

Charlotte potentially will have the best draft ever. Felton and Green or Granger, to complement Okafor would be awesome. T-Wolves will probably take one of the two, or Antoine Wright, as well.

With New Jersey needing size, it looks like one of Green, Granger, and Wright will fall to T-O at 16. But, knowing Babcock, he'll find a way to screw that pick up too.
Yeah, my money's on RB picking Jarrett Jack no matter who's there. I just get this tremendous sense that he'll be a Raptor because they'll need something to stop Chris Bosh from having a meltdown and bolting from the team a la Vince.

GKJ
06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Granger is older. Look at what happened to Jameer Nelson last year.

Ronnie Bass
06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Dick Vitale has never been more right about NBA teams ignoring college players and I hate the guy.

Tricolore#20
06-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Either that or there are issues with Granger and Green far, far far beyond what we've been told.

I wouldn't doubt it... I haven't seen anyone other than the Carolina and Illinois players play, so I wouldn't know. But it seems to happen in every draft, where an elite player falls. We saw it most recently in NHL, with Robbie Schremp, and the NFL with Aaron Rodgers.

GKJ
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Charlotte has taken 2 guys from their back yard.

Now the T-Wolves get a 1st round pick for the first time in like 14 years!

Tuggy
Charlotte has taken 2 guys from their back yard.

Very good draft for them.

A_Mack17
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

Good to see some talent coming from Australia. Lets hope he's not a bust!

Chaos
06-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Very good draft for them.

Could have been better had they taken Green there...still a nice draft for them.

Gibsons Finest
Whoa. May's a good pick for the Cats, but I figured they'd take Green.

It's official: the NBA hates Gerald Green

USC Trojans

Apparently Bynum had a terrific workout with the Lakers, which led to this pick. So much for instant impact though. Mitch Kupcake said they wouldn't consider taking a HSer cause they're big risks and are unable to contribute right away. Right, okay Mitch.

Bynum has a lot of potential from what I read but he's years away. Doesn't address any of the Laker's immediate needs. Man, if they could've traded up to #3 and picked up a PG...I would've been happy.

Bish please
Okafor, May and Felton will be really fun to watch.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 07:52 PM
May for the Hornets, what's wrong with Green and Granger?

kruezer
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
both Carolina boys to Charlotte, those to and Okafor are a solid base to build from IMO.

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Granger is older. Look at what happened to Jameer Nelson last year.

And Josh Howard the year before. You'd think NBA GMs would've learned their lesson by now, but nope, they still think seniors suck.

Chaos
06-28-2005, 07:54 PM
And Josh Howard the year before. You'd think NBA GMs would've learned their lesson by now, but nope, they still think seniors suck.

What they really think is that college seniors have basically maxed out and wont get any better. That simply isnt true.

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 07:55 PM
So who's Minny gonna take?

Luther Head? :biglaugh:

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Maybe KG can whip that boy into shape!

Lobstertainment
*Strangles Rob Babcock*

Seriosuly you took a guy who would have been there in the 2nd round with the 7th overall pick?

I'm doing the world a favour he's stealing Oxygen from people who still have brains.

Tricolore#20
Raptors fans will be happy now hey?

GKJ
Minnesota takes Rashad McCants.

Finally someone to feed the ball to KG and put some points up.

The Nemesis
McCants, a guy known to have attitude problems, goes to Minny and Granger and Green are still on the board. Granger may have age working against him, but Green must be a total jackass or slacker, because there's no way he should've made it to 15 (and I bet he'll be there for the Raps at 16, because the Nets don't need another athletic SG/SF type player)

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I was hoping the Nuggets could get McCants, but I guess they can hope Francisco Garcia falls to them, or even Green the way things are going.

kruezer
and the UNCers are done, that was quick.

Digger12
Well, it looks like Toronto will get the opportunity to get Green or Granger, depending on what the Nets do... :biglaugh:

This thread needs beer.

Gibsons Finest
McCants to Minny. 4 UNC players to lottery picks, so that's pretty good. But wow, do people really hate Gerald Green. Danny Granger, not so much, because we know why he's slipping, but they really do hate Green.

The Nets have no need for Green or Granger, so Babcock will likely have his choice between the two.

Mooch

Not yet!

Tricolore#20
06-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Based on what's happened, any predictions on what Babcock will now do?

I say the Croatian PG...

FearTheFlyers
McCants to Minny. 4 UNC players to lottery picks, so that's pretty good. But wow, do people really hate Gerald Green. Danny Granger, not so much, because we know why he's slipping, but they really do hate Green.

The Nets have no need for Green or Granger, so Babcock will likely have his choice between the two.

But he'll still take Jack :shakehead

kruezer
Maybe Warrick or Taft to the Nets?

sehnsucht
Babcock gets forgiveness if he doesn't screw up the 16th pick (Green, Granger, Graham) but if he does then I lose even the small amounts of faith I had in him. wtf's up with this draft

19nazzy
*Strangles Rob Babcock*

Seriosuly you took a guy who would have been there in the 2nd round with the 7th overall pick?

He probably would've gone in the 15-25 pick range

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM

Don't doubt the power of Rob Babcock. Somehow, someway, he just might screw this pick up.

Like someone said, a smart move might be picking up Jarrett Jack, just to make Chris Bosh want to stay in T-O. If he did, even though he'd still pass up Green and Granger(probably), it'd be by far the best move he's ever made as Toronto GM.

Bish please
Look at the bright side, with Green, Graham, Wright and Granger still available, Babcock will be forced to pick a nice player.

TazzMetal

I say the Croatian PG...

Heck, right now, I would not be surprised to see Babcock reach for Mendez at 16th.

*cries*

Saturn
06-28-2005, 08:01 PM

I say the Croatian PG...

Its Babcock, my prediction is Chinese center Sun Mingming.

Digger12
06-28-2005, 08:01 PM
I'll bet the Raps go for Villanueva...he'd be a solid pick at #16.

Oh wait... :cry:

sehnsucht
06-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Babcock will be forced to pick a nice player.

that's what we thought about number 7

Not hating on Charlie V, but they've already got Bosh, Bonner, and Sow ahead of him in that position

The Nemesis
06-28-2005, 08:03 PM
It's really twisted, but if Babcock takes Green or Granger at 16, maybe it was some sort of master plan.

Bear with me, because it's about to get really weird, but perhaps Rob knew that people didn't want either of those guys for whatever reason, but knew that a couple of teams were high on Villanueva. Now suppose that he can't work a trade downward, because he knows that any teams that will deal with him want Charlie. So he takes Charlie, and figures that other teams have tabs on enough differnet players that one of Granger or Green will be available for the picking at 16. Thus Babcock gets the guys he wanted, just in the reverse order of what was expected.

At least that's the only remotely plausable thing I can think of that doesn't involve some combination of alcohol, drugs, or master plans designed to destroy basketball in Canada.

Brock
06-28-2005, 08:03 PM
PLEEEEEEAAAASE Babcock pick Green, Im begging you.

I dont know about you guys, but I think we should let JP Riccardi pick for the Raps from now on.

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
But he'll still take Jack :shakehead

At least it'll keep Bosh in town. The way he's drafted in T-O, he'll pick Johan Petro or Wayne Simien. Picking Jack would be the best move he's ever done. That's how bad of GM he is. I thank god every day I have the Mavs and Donnie Nelson to go follow after the draft, or at least I will.

Nets take Wright. They have Carter, so they don't really need him IMO. Taft would've been better, or even Warrick.

19nazzy
06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Anyone wanna make some bets on the raps selection?
I'll give some odds.
12-1 Green
10-1 Granger
Even Money Someone we haven't heard of

big_steve
06-28-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm expecting that Babcock will pick the monkey from the MVP movie.

Gibsons Finest
Well, if they pick Green, at least they'll pay him less. They still should work hard to trade Charlie V, though.

Fighter
Looking at the draft I think that Villanueva would have been picked in the top 10 anyway, see Golden State. Maybe the Magic too would have picked him.

Chaos
Watch Toronto take that Martynas Andryskwhatever guy.

Hawkalyzer
06-28-2005, 08:06 PM
I think I might get drafted by Toronto. I could use the free cash!

Tuggy
06-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Watch Toronto take that Martynas Andryskwhatever guy.

:biglaugh: :cry:

Digger12
06-28-2005, 08:07 PM
...and the analysts rip up the Raps again. :biglaugh:

Graham to the Raps.

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 08:08 PM
They take Joey Graham. Not bad.

Tuggy
:handclap:

There we go! I like this one! I wanted him!

Bosh's swingman!

Bish please
Joey Graham

Not Green but a very good pick and a player you won't have any trouble with.

Saturn
Graham, can deal with that.

The Nemesis
And Toronto takes...

Joey Graham

Well, it's not a huge stretch, and it's not a complete WTF pick, but it really means that Green and Granger must have the plague or something.

How much do you want to bet that Jack falls to the 2nd round and the Raps get him there, then finish up by taking Mendez.

This draft is just crazy enough for it to be somewhat plausable.

GKJ
Joey Graham...hmmm...

big_steve
I would've preferred Granger or Green but Graham is not a bad pick at all.

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Meh. Decent pick. Green, IMO, would've been way better.

For Indiana, Reggie just retired, so Green would replace him nicely.

19nazzy
06-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok pick

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 08:10 PM
http://elitedraft.net/joeygrahamroids.jpg

The Hulk.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Good pick if not for the fact that Green and Granger are still on the board.
Graham makes a lot of sense at 16# btw, this made the Charlie V pick way way better.

sehnsucht
06-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Could have been better

I bet Green and Granger collectively slept with all the wives of the NBA GM's

something has to explain it

Enoch
06-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I am wondering what memphis will do with their selection at 19. The draft has worked out perfectly for them as several talents they are eyeing have fallen. However, I am more interested in the roster the already have. J. Will, Bonzi Wells, and Lorenzen Wright are all on the block, and I would be shocked if none of them were moved this offseason. West is a good GM, but he holds onto players sometimes just a tad to long (see UFA Stromile Swift for instance).

GKJ
06-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Danny Granger to Indiana!

The Mars Volchenkov
Indiana takes Danny Granger. Green is falling...still.

Chaos
Things could get interesting now...A lot of rumors about the Celtics moving Pierce, and with Green still on the board, they could trade him and grab a replacement.

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Gerald Green available at 18 is ****ing insane.

This guy was expected to go #3-7.

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Stuart Scott is the worst interviewer...ever.

Gibsons Finest
06-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I was thinking it'd be hard to imagine Green falling to T-O at #7. Now he's available at #18.

If he falls a bit more, Donnie should get on his horse and make a bid for the pick.

Chaos
06-28-2005, 08:17 PM
I was thinking it'd be hard to imagine Green falling to T-O at #7. Now he's available at #18.

If he falls a bit more, Donnie should get on his horse and make a bid for the pick.

Hell, he should be doing it now.

NeoCanuck
06-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Green to Boston, About damn time.

The Mars Volchenkov
And he's finally taken by Boston.

Gibsons Finest
Finally!

Digger12
In other news, Gerald Green was picked.

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Fits, Green to Boston.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Green to Boston. what a steal!

Fighter
06-28-2005, 08:22 PM
New guys falling: Taft (expected) and Warrick

19nazzy
06-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Interesting how if Green wasn't taken at #6 he wouldn't be taken until Boston picked him. Boston must have been happy when they were calling around

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 08:24 PM
New guys falling: Taft (expected) and Warrick
Taft's been drafting for about a month.

A one-time top 3 pick in the fall, now a late 1st.

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Warrick goes to Memphis. If the Nuggets do not take Francisco Garcia, I will be very surprised.

Edit: They take Julius Hodge from NC State. I'm pretty surprised, but then again I don't know much about Hodge.

kruezer
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Nate Robinson to Phoenix, thats a really bizarre pick.

The Mars Volchenkov
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Nate Robinson to Phoenix, thats a really bizarre pick.
Apparently he will be involved in the Kurt Thomas/Q-Rich trade, so he might be headed to NY.

kruezer
06-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Apparently he will be involved in the Kurt Thomas/Q-Rich trade, so he might be headed to NY.
That would definetaly clear that up, he'd be a good player for NY actually, just the sort of guy they would need.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 08:49 PM
We are loaded with guards and have Marbury as starting PG... uhm... at least Frye is not involved as previously reported by yahoo...

kruezer
06-28-2005, 08:52 PM
We are loaded with guards and have Marbury as starting PG... uhm... at least Frye is not involved as previously reported by yahoo...
Yeah, I was thinking moreso as a backup who can come in and change the style of the game with his quickness and unselfeshness every now and again.

leafaholix*
As players, who do you guys like?

Charlie Villanueva (1984) or Channing Frye (1983)?

GKJ
you know what i think..

let's all laugh at the Knicks again :biglaugh:

Fire Sather
06-28-2005, 08:54 PM
you know what i think..

Lets.

:biglaugh:

GKJ
06-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Every player picked now, Jay Bilas is suprised he lasted this long.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 08:56 PM
you know what i think..

I'm not overly happy over acquiring Quentin Richardson, but losing Kurt Thomas is not a big deal for me, the Knicks aren't a playoff team anyway, at least there's room for Frye and that Robinson kid could give quality minutes, he's a good scorer too.

zetterberg40
06-28-2005, 08:58 PM
heres to hoping the pistons draft someone they can use!!

jfont
06-28-2005, 09:03 PM
heres to hoping the pistons draft someone they can use!!
i hear darko is still available... ;)

GKJ
I'm not overly happy over acquiring Quentin Richardson, but losing Kurt Thomas is not a big deal for me, the Knicks aren't a playoff team anyway, at least there's room for Frye and that Robinson kid could give quality minutes, he's a good scorer too.

Robinson won't be given quality minutes if Marbury is on the floor all the time and Q-Rich won't give him ball

The Mars Volchenkov
A proposed trade is the Nuggets sending Jarret Jack (22nd overall pick) to the Portland Trail Blazers for picks 27 and 35. Do the Blazers really need more young guards?

GKJ
06-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Martynas Andriuskevicius is awsome

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Jason Maxiell is great.

USC Trojans
06-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Brian Scalabrine is the best

Teemu
06-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Yay Luther :handclap:

kruezer
06-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Ian Mahinmi eh? I guess I better remember that name.

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Ian Mahinmi eh? I guess I better remember that name.
He was a surprise entry this year, read somewhere that he would have been a top 20 pick in 2006 had he not entered 2005.

Fighter
06-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I hope one between Simien or Taft will fall to the Knicks at 30#. Questionable attitude for the latter, but he has top 3 potential and the size we need upfront.

Edit: As expected, Simien to Miami.

kruezer
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
He was a surprise entry this year, read somewhere that he would have been a top 20 pick in 2006 had he not entered 2005.
Interesting, I have a lot of faith in the Spurs international scouts, especially with the way it sounds Scola is playing.

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
I hope one between Simien or Taft will fall to the Knick at 30#. Questionable attitude for the latter, but he has top 3 potential and the size we need upfront.
Thomas was disgusted by Taft in a workout earlier in the spring.

Knicks'll take a guard I think.

DevilFisch
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I can't believe the Nets drafted Wright over Granger. Sure, Granger is listed as a SF. But he can apparantly rebound and score and play defense; he's 6-9, he can be an undersized PF. He could be replacing Jason Collins.

But, alas, the Nets drafted the new backup SG in Antoine Wright.

::sigh::

Knicks take David Lee. Boos fill the arena.

Cruiser008
06-28-2005, 09:29 PM

Damn you SA for picking someone who is so under the radar he doesn't even exist in the NBA Draft Profile! You just know this guy to gonna be good.

GKJ
06-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Damn you SA for picking someone who is so under the radar he doesn't even exist in the NBA Draft Profile! You just know this guy to gonna be good.

He better be, he's only been playing for 4 years

Fighter
06-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Who the hell is David Lee?

DevilFisch
06-28-2005, 09:32 PM

The 8th or 9th forward on the Knicks? He's a 6-9 PF who Bilas just said was "solid" but needs to work on shot mechanics. Ooookay?

Unholy Diver
06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
he was Sammy Hagar's predecessor

gretzky1545
06-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Thomas was disgusted by Taft in a workout earlier in the spring.

Knicks'll take a guard I think.

i guess i should start buying stock in taft then...

Anthony Mauro
06-28-2005, 09:39 PM
i guess i should start buying stock in taft then...

Or short sell his ass. That man needs a change of tune big time.

Anthony Mauro
06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Gomes is a quality college guy still onboard at number 34

GKJ
06-28-2005, 09:47 PM
someone needs to pick Martynas Andriuskevicius. I hope it's the Sixers.

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 09:56 PM
David Lee is a white boy with the athleticism of a black guy.

leafaholix*
06-28-2005, 09:59 PM
someone needs to pick Martynas Andriuskevicius. I hope it's the Sixers.
Andriuskevicius... lol... at one time a favourite for the #1 pick in the draft.

lol... we're at 38 and he's still on the board.

Guys still available...

Roko Ukic (Raps like him)
Marty A.
Chris Taft
Monta Ellis (Raps like(d) him)
Andray Blatche (one of the top 3-5 talents in the draft)

kruezer
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
And the Raps grab Roko, I'm glad it was at 41, thats a solid second rounder.