Has anyone ever got 3 tickets in 1 night?

Phanuthier*
09-27-2003, 05:29 PM
One for public intoxication (I didn't even know you could get that?), one for jaywalking and one for stealing construction signs / road blocks / setting up pylons across the road.

I would think this has to be some sort of record for 15 minutes

Postman
09-27-2003, 05:40 PM
I don't think anyone else is that stupid.

Hitman*
09-27-2003, 05:43 PM
Man, the cops sure must be bored in Edmonton.

I've very disapointed in you Splats, I never thought you'd turn to the dark side.

Sudz
09-27-2003, 06:50 PM
It take's a special kind of dumb ass to get three tickets in one night.

Yayo
09-27-2003, 07:01 PM
and one for stealing construction signs

:lol:

kira
09-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Exactly WHAT were you drinking? And how could you be so DUMB? I thought you had more sense than that...

Gee, maybe you should be the next President...you can't be any dumber than Dubya.

AJW
09-27-2003, 07:04 PM
Not personally, but I have seen it done when I was away at College.

jfont
09-27-2003, 07:36 PM
One for public intoxication (I didn't even know you could get that?), one for jaywalking and one for stealing construction signs / road blocks / setting up pylons across the road.

you ok there splat?

Unholy Diver
09-27-2003, 08:21 PM
thats some nice work there corky

Frightened Inmate #2
09-27-2003, 09:10 PM
wouldn't a speeding ticket be an absolute liability offience meaning you really have no case, as you were speeding so he pulled you over. Its not really something you can argue is it?

Avery4Byng*
09-27-2003, 09:28 PM
about a year ago a buddy of mine got a new car. got 3 speeding tickets in one night from the same cop..... this guys a real smart one.

Phanuthier*
09-27-2003, 10:33 PM
Just wondering... why does everything think it was me who did it?

loveshack2
09-27-2003, 10:56 PM
wouldn't a speeding ticket be an absolute liability offience meaning you really have no case, as you were speeding so he pulled you over. Its not really something you can argue is it?

If it's close (like within 5 miles over the limit) then most of the time the judge will throw it out. Officially because neither the plantiff's nor the cop's speedometer can be expected to be *that* accurate, unofficially because it's just a waste to take up valuable court time with such a minor offense.

jfont
09-28-2003, 05:57 AM
Just wondering... why does everything think it was me who did it?
nope...not everyone...just wondering if you're alright there splat...

Frightened Inmate #2
09-28-2003, 09:39 AM
if its a 115 speeding ticket i have the feeling that you wouldn't be going a whopping 5k over the speed limit. But it doesn't matter in theiory that someone else was speeding, if you where speeding then you committed a crime, another person speeding shouldn't have any effect on the fact that you where speeding.

I don't mean to sound rude but i just don't follow your logic.

Tuomo Ruutu's Ego
09-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Well when he pulled me over, the car that zoomed past me that wasn't pulled over makes my case.

I've disputed a ticket before and went off without paying a ticket.

Some, well most cops abuse their authority when it comes to speeding tickets, if they have a bad day they give out a helluva lot more than they should, i should know my cousin does it sometimes, he's admitted to it.

He usually lets ppl go if they are going 10 over the limit, depending on where you are that is, but 5 over is nothing...pointless to even give a ticket out on..just like that stupid parking ticket..3 bucks c'mon thats such a waste of time, but i paid that one and the violation ticket.

:joker: You probably paid more in legal fees than the ticket was worth..

BigM1ke
09-28-2003, 12:34 PM
I got 2 the same night 2 months ago!!
1 for burning a red light and the other one for a bad parking.

Phanuthier*
09-28-2003, 01:56 PM
nope...not everyone...just wondering if you're alright there splat...
lol I'm fine, besides getting seziures from doing homework, it's been a very humbling experiance, to say the least.

It was actually my buddy that got busted... he was too fat to get over the fence when everyone booked.

zoidberg
09-28-2003, 01:58 PM
I got one for public nudity. Stupid bus drivers.

rbrooks
09-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Wow were you not thinking that night, seriously?

PEli*
09-28-2003, 03:39 PM

This is every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night of my life minus getting caught. My room is filled with stolen streetsigns, no smoking signs and pictures of myself and friends breaking the law in many different ways.

Nice avatar, by the way. I've got that poster up in my dormroom.

cybresabre
09-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Amish signs are great.

i have gotten 3 parking tickets in a week.
i am borrowing my dad's car, and i don't have a university parking permit, so i call the u.Police.
i ask them if i can get a temporary parking permit. they say no, jsut park in [some parking lot] so i do, and they gave me 3 tickets.
i can get out of 'em though. not worried.

monkey_00*
09-28-2003, 04:15 PM
It take's a special kind of dumb ass to get three tickets in one night.
:lol:

Phanuthier*
09-28-2003, 05:01 PM
This is every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night of my life minus getting caught. My room is filled with stolen streetsigns, no smoking signs and pictures of myself and friends breaking the law in many different ways.

Nice avatar, by the way. I've got that poster up in my dormroom.
lol sweet

I've got one of those orange "DETOUR" signs with an arrow and a 5-foot tall pylon, and we have about 20 Safeway shopping carts on our floor. One of my friends tried to take a billboard, but it was too big and wouldn't fit through the door, so its sitting outside right now.

I seriously didn't know you could get busted for public intoxication though

BTW it was a house party "All you can drink" cause they went to Camrose and bought 1008 beers and I was going to get my money's worth. I didn't get busted, cause I was chasing a rabbit at the time (don't ask).

PS: This "especially dumb" person is a 2nd year med student. Just wondering, what do you do?