Death Cab for Cutie

cagney
09-27-2003, 08:37 PM
I've had thier cd "The Photo Album" for a long time and I've always thought it was pretty good but I wasn't into it enough to buy thier other stuff. However, I recently got the Postal Service cd (which is a side project of Ben Gibbard from DCfC) and it was so good that I decided to try some of the earlier DCfC stuff. So I got "something about airplanes" and I'm blown away by some of the tracks on here. They're really very good. I can't wait to get thier other stuff.

Anyone else have any opinions about them? What album should I pick up next?

barrytrotzsneck
09-27-2003, 09:22 PM
I've had thier cd "The Photo Album" for a long time and I've always thought it was pretty good but I wasn't into it enough to buy thier other stuff. However, I recently got the Postal Service cd (which is a side project of Ben Gibbard from DCfC) and it was so good that I decided to try some of the earlier DCfC stuff. So I got "something about airplanes" and I'm blown away by some of the tracks on here. They're really very good. I can't wait to get thier other stuff.

Anyone else have any opinions about them? What album should I pick up next?

deathcab is one of my favorite bands of all time. you should check out
""we have the facts and we're voting yes" and "you can play these songs with chords" ben gibbard is also in a band called "all-time quarterback" that is pretty awesome.
another band on barsuk records you should check out is Rilo Kiley. If you like DC for C, you'd probably enjoy them, as well. :yo:

cagney
09-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm definetly getting the other two albums ASAP and I'll check out the other stuff you mentioned too. I'll probably check out thier new album when it comes out as well.

On a semi-related note, have you heard of a band called the Revolutionary Hydra? I've heard some good things about them but I haven't heard them.

kenabnrmal
09-28-2003, 07:32 AM
We have the facts and we're voting yes is a wonderful album. Company Calls and Company Calls Epilogue are both absolutely golden, as well as Lowell, MA. Gibbards one of the most interesting songwriters around.