kings v. avs

agentfouser
09-27-2003, 07:50 PM
where is everyone? ... or am i the only one sitting at home on the internet on a saturday night... nevermind.

luc scored the first goal (power play), with an assist from niklas lidstrom, oh i mean matty norstrom. avs scored on their first (of two) penalty shots. eric belanger has just given the the kings the lead halfway through the third.

avery got a game misconduct in the first; but he was effective, agitating forsberg and drawing several penalties.

agentfouser
09-27-2003, 07:59 PM
my mistake, avery didn't get a game misconduct (he got some kind of major)...
and he just dropped the gloves with forsberg! for awhile there i was writign him out the lineup, thinking that he just didn't have that much to offer, especially with the added depth this year. however, he's certainly gotten the job done tonight.

Malakian#13
09-27-2003, 08:05 PM
Is Grebeshkov , Stumpel or Deadmarsh in the lineup? If stumpels in is he playin with ziggy and bartecko?

agentfouser
09-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Is Grebeshkov , Stumpel or Deadmarsh in the lineup? If stumpels in is he playin with ziggy and bartecko?

grebeshkov and deadmarsh are not playing. stumpel is, but i don't think bartecko is; stumpel played with frolov and palffy.

final score kings 3, avs 1. armstrong and luc both had a goal and an assist.

avs first loss of the postseason? yes.

Old Hickory
09-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Stumpel played with Ziggy and Fro.
Deadmarsh didn't play.
Neither did Bartecko.

Armstrong added a goal late in the 3rd.
Kings win 3-1

LuckyLUC20
09-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Luc played with Klatt and Armstrong... Matty all of a sudden remembers how to shoot!

i think Avery was with Belanger and Laperriere and then Flinn- Smithson- Brennan.

i believe the d-men were Matty, Lubo, Strbak, Gleason, Holland, and Corvo...

Goalie: Czech-manek played the whole way.

I wish the game was televised... would've loved to see Avery constantly egging Forsberg on. He really got under Peter's skin... go Avery!

Vedder
09-28-2003, 05:03 AM
I was at the game...fun because there were a TON of Avs fans there as well. Fisrt a couple takes on some of the Avs-they didn't dress their best thats for sure. They were out shot by an incredible margin. DJ Smith is a punk. The guy looked like he knew he was getting cut the next day and was taking cheap shots everywhere. There seemed to be a target on the back of our #8 guy...cant remember who that was. Worrell drilled this guy so hard I cannot believe it. (Guy is HUGE as you all know). Tanguay looked like crap, as did Hejduk. Asbeister(sp) was phenominal. The puck movement in Colorado's zone looked awesome by the Kings. Robitaille looks in the best shape of his life. Palffy looked incredible. On defense I thought Vishnovsky and Corvo looked the best as far as helping to cycle the puck with the forwards. Brennan had a short fight with McAllister of which Mc started and lost. Lappy tried really hard to get Worrell to go in the final minutes...?? I was glad Worrell didnt drop the gloves. Anyways fun fun game...

jfont
09-28-2003, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the updates guys...

Frolov 6'3
09-28-2003, 07:17 AM
Brennan had a short fight with McAllister of which Mc started and lost.

Perhaps he thought revenge would taste sweet...

Belanger25
09-28-2003, 10:54 AM
The best part of the Night was The Avery Forsberg fight and seeing Avery toying with him then punching him in the face.

Belanger25
09-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Avery is a marked man , I can't wait until these 2 teams play in the regular season . Worrell or McAllister are gunning for Avery . Too bad Deadmarsh isn't playing , I heard he might even have to retire ?

I hope not , he's an awesome player . We miss him wearing an Avs jersey . :yo:

Avery is definitly a marked man.

Deader was in Vegas I saw him after the game he was on the phone with his Wife.

LuckyLUC20
09-28-2003, 12:51 PM
How is he looking ? I heard he's not in good shape right now . Any word on when he is gonna play ?
actually I think Deader has been working hard on getting in shape. i hear he's lost some weight. he's hoping to start opening night as with Allison, but it's still kind of iffy...(read it in the Times and Daily News).

LuckyLUC20
09-28-2003, 01:03 PM
It's gonna be a rough year for the Kings if Allison and Deadmarsh miss a significant amount of games . Is Robitaille playing with Stumpel and Frolov ?
i don't think so... Palffy is playing with Stumpel and Frolov.

LuckyLUC20
09-28-2003, 01:25 PM
i think it's between Klatt and Robitaille. however, I read that Klatt was promised to play on one of the top 2 lines and that was the reason he signed with the Kings instead of any other teams. he was offered deals from Anaheim, Atlanta and another team that I can't remember at the moment.

But LUC will most definitely play on the 1st PP unit and hopefully will spend some time playing on either of the top 2 lines during the season. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go in the beginning... maybe that's when Andy Murray will probably start mixing up some of the line combos to see what works.

The VEGASKING
09-29-2003, 12:29 AM
I asked Lappy after the game why he didnt kick that punk Worrells ass and he said he would have been the one getting his ass kicked. At least hes honest.

Cechmanek came up huge on the Avs second penalty shot which was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The Kings dominated play for most of the game thanks to the amount of penalties the Avs were taking. DJ Smith was in the box the whole game it seemed.