Sidney Crosby haters

JamieG
09-28-2003, 03:13 AM
Are many people out there finding themselves hating Sidney Crosby? I need to confess that I'm finding myself hoping that the next Crosby update will read "...was elbowed in the head and knocked out cold"...

Hey, I know it's kind of mean, and he himself hasn't really done anything to deserve it, but aren't you finding yourself rooting against the kid? I've never met the guy so I don't know whether he's a spoiled jerk or not, but he's a 15 year old who is constantly being told and treated as though he's some sort of God. That's disturbing.

I'd rather cheer for the underdog, the guy who is over-looked, instead of the guy who is coddled and has everything planned out for him already.

It'll be interesting to see how big the anti-Crosby faction is by the time he's ready for the NHL.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:01 AM
Sid is a very humble guy. You'd never know he was so good if you hadn't heard anything about him and just asked him.

99% of prospects/players who are asked about their own play give the standard answer that they're supposed to...the humble answer. Whether they believe it or not is a different story.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:10 AM
So I take it any prospect that plays well, answers humbly when asked about himself, and generates hype is on your hate list?

No, not any prospect. You need to admit that he is at a whole different level of hype and attention. Some people have already got his spot in the Hall of Fame ready for him. They're prepping him to be the next God of Hockey. It's totally different than just "any" other prospect.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:13 AM
The last guy to come along with this much hype and attention was Eric Lindros. And do you remember the number of people who hated him and was hoping he would fail and find his struggles and injuries amusing now?

I really don't think it's that unusual to hate these kids who are handed everything on a silver platter.

Evilo
09-28-2003, 04:14 AM
Don't judge someone on the media round him.
Judge him.
You need some counselling...

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:17 AM
Judge him. You need some counselling...

Actually, with the first part of your statement, I thought you were going to say something that had truth to it.

That is, don't judge someone when the media is around. It is rarely the true person, they all put on the humble act when there's microphones and cameras around.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:23 AM
Lindros never did live up to the hype. He was a very good NHL player, but not an all time great, not the Next Gretzky, as he was called, now label handed to Sidney Crosby.

But that's not really the point.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:43 AM
You didn't need to come into this thread. The thread has a title for a reason. I just want to see how many other people out there hate this kid too and are rooting against him in every way.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:44 AM
And it's a lot more than just people here hyping him...he was on the cover of The Hockey News when he was what, 14?

GB
09-28-2003, 04:45 AM
How can you hate a 16 year old hockey player?

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:54 AM
Oh come on now, please get off the soap box. We all have people that you don't like, especially in the sporting world.

I'm not plotting his death or wishing any dreaded misery or illness on the kid. Just hoping things don't go his way. Who doesn't want to see a coddled pretty boy take one on the chin every once in a while? I can't even tell you the number of people who I've seen on boards who were cheering wildly when Kariya and/or Lindros were levelled by Stevens.

It's the same thing with Sidney Crosby, if you don't like him you hope he gets creamed and hope he doesn't do well.

GB
09-28-2003, 04:58 AM
Not liking some-one is not the same as hating some-one. Also I find it odd that because others hype a player you want to see him physically suffer. Hoping he fails is one thing, wishing pain on him another.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 04:58 AM
And I hate to tell you Crosby fans this, but the dislike of the kid will extend beyond just some fans who are sick of him. You don't think this type of thing drives other players nuts too? I can safely say that there are more than a handful of players out there who would love to be the one to drill Sidney into next week with a monster hit.

Just because you think he's great and wish him all the best, don't expect everyone else to feel the same way.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Not liking some-one is not the same as hating some-one. Also I find it odd that because others hype a player you want to see him physically suffer. Hoping he fails is one thing, wishing pain on him another.

GB, I think you're really over-reacting. Physically suffer?? Did I say I hope he loses a limb or contracts some sort of awful disease? Wishing pain on him? Once again, that's a stretch. Hoping a hockey player you don't like gets knocked out by a big hit is not unusual. If you think it is, I suggest you read more message boards the next time that type of hit happens. If you don't like the guy who got hit, they're happy about it.

GB
09-28-2003, 05:04 AM
In all honesty I've never seen him play so I certainly don't think he's great. I just think it's sad that one person can wish harm on another that they don't even know, simply because people like that other person.

JamieG
09-28-2003, 05:09 AM
I'm sorry, I had to come back because you're full of ****:
Now I would think getting knocked out would be kind of miserable.

Unpleasant? Yes. I don't hope players I like get knocked out of course, but that's the point...I don't like your Sidney. But being knocked out is now "misery"? You're really reaching. Did I say I hope he spends 8 years in a coma?!?! No, I did not.

GB
09-28-2003, 05:11 AM
GB, I think you're really over-reacting..

You profess to hate a 16 year old because others hype him, and I'm over-reacting? You are of course entitled to your opinion, but that seems somewhat odd to me.

Physically suffer?? Did I say I hope he loses a limb or contracts some sort of awful disease? Wishing pain on him? Once again, that's a stretch.

I think hoping some-one hits him is hoping he gets hurt. Body checks do hurt, don't they?

Hoping a hockey player you don't like gets knocked out by a big hit is not unusual. If you think it is, I suggest you read more message boards the next time that type of hit happens. If you don't like the guy who got hit, they're happy about it.

It's not unusual at all. However hating a 16 year old for being hyped is sad, regardless of how common it is. Hate is a pretty strong emotion to direct to someone.

Liam

JamieG
09-28-2003, 05:13 AM
"I just think it's sad that one person can wish harm on another that they don't even know, simply because people like that other person."

It's nothing to feel "sad" about. Your definition of harm and my definition of harm definitely differ.

GB
09-28-2003, 05:17 AM
"I just think it's sad that one person can wish harm on another that they don't even know, simply because people like that other person."

It's nothing to feel "sad" about. Your definition of harm and my definition of harm definitely differ.

I find it sad, but it's not like it's causing me unhappiness or sadness :p

Dr Love
09-28-2003, 05:24 AM
It's not hating the player. It's being annoyed with people who think a 16 year old who has proved nothing is going to be the greatest thing in the NHL, no doubt about it, and updating us with his individual game stats and such. You can point to Wayne, you can point to Mario, you can even point to Lindros. But you can also point to Daigle, Fogarty, among others. Crosby is anything from a sure bet to be a bonafide NHL star.

Dr Love
09-28-2003, 05:32 AM
No to nit pick, but he has proven a pretty fair amount. Nonetheless a valid post on the whole.

He's proven a fair amount in the leagues he's played in, yes. But so have many busts. I wish him luck and I hope he succeeds, but he's still got a ways to go.

LaLaLaprise
09-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Alright I’ll leave you’re thread so you and everyone else who feels the same way can talk about why you don't like crosby…

People have a right to dislike hockey prospects. Do you think everyone loves sid?

I dislike Romy Elayoubi, does that mean im a bad person???

Dr_Chimera*
09-28-2003, 07:44 AM
I'm sorry, but did I just type in the wrong url and wound up on Slam boards?

LaLaLaprise
09-28-2003, 07:54 AM
Nope, you haven't wished injury on him to my knowleadge.

I guess doing that is crossing the line but only 5% of the people that dont like him wish he got hurt.

Dont lump everyone in.

Seachd
09-28-2003, 08:13 AM
He hasn't done anything to me, so I don't hate him. Yeah, there's a lot of hype, and it does get tedious, but it's not his fault.

Robert Paulson*
09-28-2003, 08:47 AM
It isn't Sid's fault he's got all the hype, he's just a really good hockey player and the media is all over it. I bet most (nearly all) of the "Sidney Crosby haters" have never seen him play a game or met him in person. You may think this is mean, but get a life, there's better things to do than wish injury upon someone, and if you don't want to see all of the hype about Crosby, don't read it or listen to it. Simple as that.

Hitman*
09-28-2003, 08:50 AM
If your favorite team drafts him. Will you hate him then?

Blackshad
09-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Hahaha now thats funny. *HATE* someone you dont know about or you just ear little things about.

Robert Paulson*
09-28-2003, 08:57 AM
If your favorite team drafts him. Will you hate him then?

:lol: Hahaha that's a good question! I definitely wouldn't mind if my team happpened to pick him up.

#37-#93-#27*
09-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Judge him.
You need some counselling...
I agree.

dashripper
09-28-2003, 10:18 AM
The last guy to come along with this much hype and attention was Eric Lindros. And do you remember the number of people who hated him and was hoping he would fail and find his struggles and injuries amusing now?

I really don't think it's that unusual to hate these kids who are handed everything on a silver platter.

I don't think he was handed everything on a silver platter. I think he deserves it. Gretzky has seen him play and sings his praises. He still has to play hockey.

Gretzky was treated the same way and he worked hard his whole life to get where he is. Nobody handed anything to him. I don't know Crosby but I bet he worked just as hard as Gretzky. You jackasses have no idea how hard these kids work to excel at their sport. Morning. noon, night-Hockey. They don't do anything else but hockey. To hate a talented sixteen year-old is crazy.

moosefan
09-28-2003, 11:28 AM
yeah some people on this board really need a life. He worked very very hard to get to where he is and made alot of sacrifices in life as well to get to where he is, and he still works super hard in and after practice to become better. Like him or hate him Crosby is playing hockey (a sport he loves) and playing it super well right now and the media is going to keep talking about him and so are people so if this is going to bother you then maybe you should not come to these boards nor read the sports section in the paper, actually maybe you should turn off all sports stations on TV as well. :rolleyes:

Le Golie
09-28-2003, 12:54 PM
It's a bit disturbing that someone would take the time to dedicate a discussion thread to hating a 16 year old kid.

You are talking about a young man, who by all accounts, comes from a good family. He has a lot of friends and a good personality. He happens to be extremely gifted at a sport the people from his country are very passionate about.

The only way he can control the amount of hype he generates would be to try less and underachieve.

Would you really be happier if this kid wasn't soaring to athletic highs almost unheard of for someone of his age? Do you hate him because people are amazed by what he does? Would you rather he was an average athlete so he blended in and didn't make his sport entertaining.

It's a sad statement about society when someone can't just sit back and watch a potential world class athlete develop his talents. Instead we have someone hoping he suffers injuries and any other setback that may make him less successful.

lil_mogs
09-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Oh come on now, please get off the soap box. We all have people that you don't like, especially in the sporting world.

I'm not plotting his death or wishing any dreaded misery or illness on the kid. Just hoping things don't go his way. Who doesn't want to see a coddled pretty boy take one on the chin every once in a while? I can't even tell you the number of people who I've seen on boards who were cheering wildly when Kariya and/or Lindros were levelled by Stevens.

It's the same thing with Sidney Crosby, if you don't like him you hope he gets creamed and hope he doesn't do well.

SORRY dude, Stevens is a *****, Kariya got leveled with an ELBOW, of coarse comin from Stevens. Got back up and did wut? i m thinkin he scored a goal!! eat that.
Your a hater for no one reason, maybe u should actually meet him and watch him play. He's unreal and a very nice boy.

BCCHL inactive
09-28-2003, 02:29 PM
I don't hate Crosby, and I hope he does live up to the hype.

That being said, I am developping a hate for the users here who post a new thread every time he gets an assist.

Habsolution
09-28-2003, 03:05 PM

No it's not the same thing at all. You're talking about hating a 16 year old teenager who's by all account a class act and a dedicated athlete. A teen you've most probably never even met or talked to. A kid you've probably never heard in an interview.

Some people might come to the conclusion that you're sick with envy. That you are a jealous person and someone that lacks confidence in himself. Someone might wonder why you started such a thread. Is it because you're tired of feeling lonely on this matter ? Or is it because you want to bash the kid to feel better ? :dunno:

Winston Wolf
09-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Can we all say J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y ?

Robert Paulson*
09-28-2003, 03:35 PM

:lol: I can!!!!! J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y!!!! :handclap:

Hitman*
09-28-2003, 07:16 PM

Probably more like penis envy

hocscout
09-28-2003, 08:17 PM
I don't dislike the guy.....but his fans should give it a rest. The 2004 draft is next and we should give those players our undivided attention. Crosby will have his time.....right now isn't it.

Nielson81
09-28-2003, 08:21 PM
I don't dislike the guy.....but his fans should give it a rest. The 2004 draft is next and we should give those players our undivided attention. Crosby will have his time.....right now isn't it.

I second this!!!

Right now lets focus on the 2004, the way it is right now if Crosby doesn't break every hockey record ever he will be a dissappoint.

To much pressure will hurt the kid.

Unbiased Canadian

andora
09-28-2003, 09:37 PM

ha, if you know him, fine.. if you don't, shut up...

seek help

andora
09-28-2003, 10:08 PM
SORRY dude, Stevens is a *****, Kariya got leveled with an ELBOW, of coarse comin from Stevens. Got back up and did wut? i m thinkin he scored a goal!! eat that.

too bad that summed up his entire playoffs

JasonMacIsaac
09-29-2003, 04:25 AM
Last 30 times I checked he used his shoulder, and also the last 1000 times I checked Kariya and Anaheim lost in the finals to those same Devils.

Wingboy2999
09-29-2003, 03:25 PM
I think it is kinda how I feel about LeBron James. The guy is hyped so much, I'd find it hilarious if he bombs. But if he does well, that'd be awesome. It will be good either way.

Wingboy2999
09-29-2003, 03:26 PM
I second this!!!

Right now lets focus on the 2004, the way it is right now if Crosby doesn't break every hockey record ever he will be a dissappoint.

To much pressure will hurt the kid.

Unbiased Canadian

Yeah, come on. We have Ovechkin to wait for this upcoming year. Give it a rest!

kruezer
09-29-2003, 09:05 PM
The only thing worse than the people posting when he gets one assist are the people who start ranting about it. Just watch the game. :)

Ironchef Chris Wok*
09-30-2003, 03:04 AM
How can you hate a 16 year old hockey player?

I know, it's not like he's taken out somebody's knees a la Mr. Marchment.

pepchew
09-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Lindros appeared pompous and arrogant from the start, but I didn't actually develop a strong disliking for him until he refused to sign with the team that drafted him.

Daigle was cocky (comment about nobody remembering who went second (turned out to be Pronger) in the draft) but likeable enough. However, his lack of enthusiasm while making huge money caused me to dislike him somewhat.

Crosby? Have I missed something?

DutchLeafsfan
09-30-2003, 05:37 AM
Last 30 times I checked he used his shoulder, and also the last 1000 times I checked Kariya and Anaheim lost in the finals to those same Devils.

You must have a lot of time on your hands ;)

On the Crosby situation, I am getting somewhat tired on the numerous new threads every time Crosby sneezes and I think the hype is over the top. However how can one blame Crosby for this, who never asked for this and just happens to be very good at playing hockey?

JasonMacIsaac
09-30-2003, 05:39 AM
blame the people making the threads.

The G Man
09-30-2003, 05:45 AM
If you're a "Sidney Crosby hatah" ... then I'm a "Sidney Crosby hatah ... hatah" ... or something like that.

By all accounts that I've come across, he's a good kid. I'm in his corner.

JasonMacIsaac
09-30-2003, 06:05 AM
this thread is sad

SThompson
09-30-2003, 06:08 AM
Sidney Crosby unconscious? Sounds good to me. Then do you think perhaps other young players looking to fulfill THEIR dreams would get some attention? There is nothing wrong with wanting Crosby hurt and out of the picture. I've been lurking and biting my tongue on Sidney for a long time. He is the single worst thing to happen to other prospects in the last decade. Other players skate circles around him, out perform him, out score him, but who does everyone want to talk about after the games? You guessed it, the Golden Boy. If Crosby wasn't around to hog the spotlight a lot of other deserving players would get the attention they deserve. With Crosby out of the picture it would be a hell of a lot better for the rest of the prospects. Finally, take this to the bank - before his junior career is over, the golden boy is going to have the helll beaten out of him. He's a showboat and an attention hog.

DutchLeafsfan
09-30-2003, 06:19 AM
Sidney Crosby unconscious? Sounds good to me. Then do you think perhaps other young players looking to fulfill THEIR dreams would get some attention? There is nothing wrong with wanting Crosby hurt and out of the picture. I've been lurking and biting my tongue on Sidney for a long time. He is the single worst thing to happen to other prospects in the last decade. Other players skate circles around him, out perform him, out score him, but who does everyone want to talk about after the games? You guessed it, the Golden Boy. If Crosby wasn't around to hog the spotlight a lot of other deserving players would get the attention they deserve. With Crosby out of the picture it would be a hell of a lot better for the rest of the prospects. Finally, take this to the bank - before his junior career is over, the golden boy is going to have the helll beaten out of him. He's a showboat and an attention hog.

Besides this being a utterly stupid thing to say, have you ever considered that when Crosby gets knocked out cold that will be what people will talk about?

target
09-30-2003, 06:32 AM
This was your first post. Everything you say is SAD, VERY SAD I feel sorry for you, you need help. Your whole post is wrong and is nothing but from a sick jealous person who wishes they had the attention of this player, you say other players out score him and skate circles around him, I would love to know these players, name them.

The G Man
09-30-2003, 06:41 AM
I'm invoking marshall law and shutting this thread down given the stomach turning posts here wishing injury upon a 16 year old kid.

I apologize in advance to the mods at this board and if they fell the thread is ok, then by all means reopen it. The comments here are pitiful.