CFL-NFL Player Comparisons

Gibsons Finest
07-08-2005, 04:01 AM
For the CFL fans out there, here's a thread to take players from your favorite team, and make some comparisons to NFL players. Obviously, they're not comparable in talent, but other traits such as style definetely are.

For NFL fans, this could help you understand some CFL talk a little better, and while the skill level is down, see kind of what some CFL teams look like in terms of comparability.

I'll start:

Nealon Greene-Michael Vick: Great running QB, probably the best in the league, but not innacurate, especially downfield, and uses all facets of the running game well

Kenton Keith-Priest Holmes: Arguably the best RB in the game, and when on, almost inpossible to stop, but is bothered by the injury bug. Also has a great offensive line.

Andrew Greene-Will Shields: One of the better guards in the league, on one of the league's top units, but is ageing, and has injury concerns.

Matt Dominguez-Hines Ward: Very good receiver, but is underrated as well. Very good blocker, and unlike some other receivers in the league, isn't very outspoken.

Corey Holmes-Brian Westbrook: A decent RB running the ball, and when used, a good special teamer, but is also great in terms of receiving the ball, and one of the top Yards from Scrimmage backs out there.

Dr Love
07-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Corey Holmes-Brian Westbrook: A decent RB running the ball, and when used, a good special teamer, but is also great in terms of receiving the ball, and one of the top Yards from Scrimmage backs out there.
Brian Westbrook is excellent at running the ball. "Decent" he's anything but.

AHF
07-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Nealon Greene-Michael Vick

:biglaugh:

Impossibles
07-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Wow this thread is going to get bashed to pieces...if there were more americans checking it out.

GoM
07-08-2005, 12:46 PM
:biglaugh:

Style comparision, not talent equal ;)

AHF
07-08-2005, 01:02 PM
I think the name he was looking for was Kerry Joseph, not Nealon Greene. :)

Gibsons Finest
07-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I think the name he was looking for was Kerry Joseph, not Nealon Greene. :)

Nealon's much more like Vick than Joseph. Vick is pretty innaccurate, and I wouldn't say Joseph is. Vick, like Greene, also likes to run alot. Also notice people love to say that both are RBs

Brian Westbrook is excellent at running the ball. "Decent" he's anything but.

Well, I don't watch Westbrook, but this makes the comparison even better. Holmes is also very good at running the ball. Westbrook's lack of yardage on the ground(he doesn't get that much, IIRC) may have fooled me.

Avery4Byng*
07-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Casey Printers - Peyton Manning

:propeller lol.

goteam
07-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Nealon's much more like Vick than Joseph. Vick is pretty innaccurate, and I wouldn't say Joseph is. Vick, like Greene, also likes to run alot. Also notice people love to say that both are RBs
I'd compare Nealon more to Jeff Garcia in if by what we're going by is based on how they are viewed within their leagues. Although on that level - I'd say Nealon is a better runner, but they have equal passing ability and a capacity to view defenses.

AHF
07-08-2005, 09:19 PM
You banjo-picker you! :)

You're confused.

In your original post, you said:
Nealon Greene-Michael Vick: Great running QB, probably the best in the league, but not innacurate, especially downfield

'Not innacurate' meaning he is accurate. But in your later post, you say:
Nealon's much more like Vick than Joseph. Vick is pretty innaccurate, and I wouldn't say Joseph is.

:)

Gibsons Finest
07-08-2005, 10:12 PM
You banjo-picker you! :)

You're confused.

In your original post, you said:

'Not innacurate' meaning he is accurate. But in your later post, you say:

:)

Whoops. Guess I meant to say "not accurate" initially, but changed it to "innacurate" and forgot to drop the "not". My bad.