Patrick Boileau

GoPenguins
09-28-2003, 07:13 AM
This is only based on the observations from fellow posters, and from tidbits I have read from the web (articles, the TC camp reports on LetsGoPens.com etc), but it sounds like picking up Patrick Boileau might prove to be a sound depth decision. I mean, last year (admittedly due to an injury or two) he was good enough to be called up and to play on a pretty decent Red Wings defensive team.

I know he isnt as young as a Lupaschuk or Scuderi, but considering how well we lucked out with a slightly older signing last year (Tarnstrom), can or should Patrick Boileau be part of the big club's plans? With the current team philosophy being the most deserving and hardest working players getting the longest looks in camp, has he done enough to win a spot?

Koltsov71
09-28-2003, 07:22 AM
I think alot depends on the status of Rozsival and Melichar. But generally speaking, I would not feel uncomfortable having Bolieau on the team. I'd prefer him to start out in Wilkes-Barres and be used as a callup in case of injury, but if our best guys are injured he should be able to fill in nicely.

Robert Paulson*
09-28-2003, 07:26 AM
I think alot depends on the status of Rozsival and Melichar. But generally speaking, I would not feel uncomfortable having Bolieau on the team. I'd prefer him to start out in Wilkes-Barres and be used as a callup in case of injury, but if our best guys are injured he should be able to fill in nicely.

That would probably be the best use for him.