Robert Dome

Koltsov71
09-28-2003, 07:58 AM
Robert Dome may be on the bubble but he might just clear the hump if he keeps this show going.

The former first-rounder, who's trying to make it back to the NHL, collected his second-straight multiple-point game in the Calgary Flames' 5-3 pre-season loss to the Vancouver Canucks last night.

Dome, who potted a goal and an assist before the announced crowd of 18,014 at GM Place, has garnered at least one point in each of his four pre-season games. He has three goals and three helpers.

link (http://www.canoe.ca/Slam030928/nhl_cal1-sun.html)

He is playing very well for Calgary during this preseason. He's earned 6 points in 4 games while only getting 8-10 minutes a game. He's on the bubble, yes, but I imagine he's making Sutter give him some serious thought. I'd like to see him at least get some games in early on in the regular season.

He's finally using his talent. I wish him the best of luck.

GoPenguins
09-28-2003, 08:04 AM
He seems to be doing all he can to stick in the NHL. I was impressed at the attendence you quoted - 18,014. The Pens would be happy to get that for a regular season game against anybody :rolleyes:

Unholy Diver
09-28-2003, 08:08 AM
i cant wait till mb21 gets home and sees this, he was always a big supporter of "Beyond Thunder-Dome"

and maybe it would be nice if Dome did something too, then we could be more reassured that craig patrick knows what he is doing, just that it sometimes takes 6 or 7 years

spence___
09-28-2003, 08:59 AM
i cant wait till mb21 gets home and sees this, he was always a big supporter of "Beyond Thunder-Dome"

and maybe it would be nice if Dome did something too, then we could be more reassured that craig patrick knows what he is doing, just that it sometimes takes 6 or 7 years

CP did let him walk, and their is always the chance he'll do the same for Kraft.

Evilo
09-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Finally he's being used properly and he is ready.
Surprise! He produces!
I hate it when they forced him into the league too young and then sent him back to the AHL when finally ready.
The Pens screwed his development.
But he too much talent not to break through some day...

Doofis_L_Hipster
09-28-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah, way to go. You've been an extremely talented player with no motivation to be competitive. You're lazy and fat. But now you seem interested so good for you, Dome.

Der Schweinehund
09-29-2003, 03:28 AM
He's "producing" and "ready." Umm - this is training camp - right?

I think we can save words like this until about January. Otherwise, good luck to him and I will see it to believe it. At least if he does produce there is a good trade off - Calgary gets production out of talented Pens cast off and Pittsburgh gets production out of talented Flames cast off (Fata).

Koltsov71
09-29-2003, 05:10 AM
He's "producing" and "ready." Umm - this is training camp - right?

I think we can save words like this until about January.

He's working alot harder and showing more heart than about 2/3 of our guys at camp.

The Tang
09-29-2003, 06:47 AM
wow, thats a pretty big turn around for him. i remember hearing about how lazy and full of himself he used to be, which i have a real problem with. however, the Pens did handle his situation poorly. good for him he is making something of his talent.

Doofis_L_Hipster
09-29-2003, 07:11 AM
the Pens did handle his situation poorly. good for him he is making something of his talent.

The Penguins didn't bring a 16 year old kid straight from the Czech Republic and drop him in Utah to play in the IHL.

Ric Flair
10-01-2003, 09:09 AM

I actually used to talk quite highly of Dome, saying what an offensive force he is going to be in the league. I took lots of crap for that, as well I should.

#1GuinFan
10-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Usually a team run by a smart man will make the player go to a psychiatrist because anything that devasting (Dome's parents) must be discussed with a professional,
What happened with his parents?

Koltsov71
10-01-2003, 11:03 AM
They both died. I don't recall how, or when, but I can only imagine how he felt at the time.

EDIT - Just looked it up.. They both died of cancer.

icarus
10-01-2003, 06:02 PM
I don't surf here much but I am impressed with the positive thoughts you still have for a player who didn't work out for your organisation.

Dome has looked good. There was an article in the paper here at the start of training camp about how Dome has turned over a new leaf and become passionate (I'll believe it when I see it in the regular season). He came into camp in great shape apparently. Not sure what Darryl Sutter's plans for Dome are, since he isn't exactly the kind of player one would expect Sutter to like. Dome has been invisible a fair bit on the ice but has put up numbers opportunistically, much like Chuck Kobesew has here also. I think Dome will stick with the team for the beginning of the season because one "Sutter type" player who he was competing against - Matt Davidson - was sent down to the AHL. Plus, the Flames are a team who will need more than one line to score if they're ever going to make the playoffs again and Dome has at least the talent to put the puck in the net.

BTW, I came here to do some scouting for my fantasy team. I have Focht and Whitney, and am thinking about picking up Melichar on waivers. Is he hurt right now? Oh, I almost forgot - I have Mario too :D !

icarus
10-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Well Dome was cut today by the Flames despite finishing the preseason tied for seventh in scoring with Marian Hossa and Luc Robitaille. Apparently he passed through waivers too (or hasn't been claimed yet). Go figure.