Todd 'Grumpy' Bertuzzi

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Apparently he was the first star of the game last night with two goals and one assist. He did not come out and wave to the 18,000 plus people who were there and then they proceeded to booo him.

We all know Bertuzzi is a moody and nasty sob who mutters under his breath about other players, refs and can be quite rude to reporters and the media in general.

Anyone know why or would like to guess why he didn't come onto the ice and give a wave?

I'm guessing that maybe:

-- his skates were already off

-- ate some Mexican food for dinner and really had to go to the bathroom

-- he hates preseason games

:dunno:

monster_bertuzzi
09-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Does it matter?

He played his heart out on the ice during the game, and fans should be happy about that.

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Does it matter?

Not to me b/c I wasn't there. However 18,000 other fans were there and they were waiting to see him skate onto the ice so they could congratulate him.

They were happy with the win but disappointed that Bertuzzi seemed disinterested in the crowd.

I could see if he were the 3rd star in a road game and didn't bother to come out, but the first star at a home game? It just makes me go hmmm.

cyrisweb
09-28-2003, 12:54 PM
They were happy with the win but disappointed that Bertuzzi seemed disinterested in the crowd.

They were happy with the win.. but he wasn't. If it wouldn't have been for the rather poor showing from the Calgary netminders the Canucks wouldn't have won. It was a lousy effort and Bertuzzi was upset at his teammates and at himself.

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 01:05 PM
They were happy with the win.. but he wasn't. If it wouldn't have been for the rather poor showing from the Calgary netminders the Canucks wouldn't have won. It was a lousy effort and Bertuzzi was upset at his teammates and at himself.Why would he be upset with himself? He scored two goals and had an assist. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that these days.

He's an oddity for sure. Tough guy to figure out.

Obviously he was making a statement of some sort and you could very well be right about him being unhappy with the team's overall performance. But his own?

nucks2001
09-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Bertuzzi is just a big cry baby just like his G.M.

can someone ban this troll already? I can goto a kindergarden class if i want to hear this

LaVal
09-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Go back to kindergarden then .

honestly, you're just coming here to troll and of course it's not making you any friends. do everybody including yourself a favor and go away.

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Go back to kindergarden then .Okay if anyone's going anywhere, it's to kindergarten. :lol:

SopelFan*
09-28-2003, 02:14 PM
He wasn't happy with his team's or his performance... oh well.

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 02:24 PM
He wasn't happy with his team's or his performance... oh well.I can relate to him not being happy with his team's performance but his? Can't relate to that one. :dunno:

Did you read that somewhere?

SopelFan*
09-28-2003, 03:03 PM
I can relate to him not being happy with his team's performance but his? Can't relate to that one. :dunno:

Did you read that somewhere?
No but I read that his kid was waiting for him in the locker room.

I also think people are too quick to jump all over him when they don't know the whole story. People are wusses these days. They can't handle a player with attitude. Richard was loved and he hit a goal judge. Hockey isn't all love and peace.

I Hate You All*
09-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Apparently

Just wondering where you heard this from. Was it in the paper or did Shorty and Larscheid comment on it when it happened? I've been couped up studying for a midterm the past couple of days so I haven't been following anything.

Personally, I would have booed as well if I was in attendance. How hard is it to walk back onto the ice, do your pirouette and acknowledge your fans? It shouldn't be that hard even if it is just the crummy preseason. But who knows? Maybe Todd really was extremely distraught about the way he played. Maybe this preseason game really meant a lot to him. Immediatley after hearing the horn he may have bolted to the dressing room, torn off his skates in anger, and broken down and cried out for forgiveness! Upon hearing his name announced on the PA system perhaps he struggled furiously to slide his skates back on. Leaving one skate halfway on and being at the risk of twisting/breaking an ankle, Todd may have rushed down the hallway as fast as he could in order to make it back onto the ice in time for the first star announcement. But halfway down the hall after hearing the boos from the fans he may have fallen to the ground in utter shock, once more finding himself crying out for forgiveness. :joker:

Seriously now, he did put forth an awesome effort in the game.
But why even bother making a stupid little off ice distraction after the game when it is totally avoidable? Even if you are POed.
All this providing, or course, that there were no real reasons for him not being able to return to the ice. Bad Bertuzzi, shame on you. :p

Avery4Byng*
09-28-2003, 03:10 PM
People just get joy from slamming Todd, a guy everyone around the league loves to hate. I saw an interview after the game and he was down right pissed. Probably the reason he didnt go out after the game. I sure as hell wouldnt wanna be in his way when hes mad.

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 03:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SopelFan*
09-28-2003, 03:11 PM
12 shots. I would be pissed to. Expect a big game tonight.

Smart Alek
09-29-2003, 06:12 PM
...he was just looking forward to his big tin 'o' Cope waiting for him in the locker room.

Seriously though, I think you're setting yourself up for dissapointment if you expect Todd to 'care' about anybody but himself. ...I'm certain you'll agree in a few years.

Ironchef Chris Wok*
09-30-2003, 01:40 AM
Okay if anyone's going anywhere, it's to kindergarten. :lol:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOOLED LIKE A *************! :yo:

Edit: Took out swearing. Was too excited there for a sec. :joker:

KOMO_ROCKS
09-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Bertuzzi is just a big cry baby just like his G.M.

I suggest you delete this post.....pointless post