Horton is clutch

sundinfan13
09-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Preseason or not, scoring with 9 seconds left to bring the game into overtime is CLUTCH. After that there's no reason he shouldn't make the team. Anyone see the goal???

SmokeyClause
09-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Preseason or not, scoring with 9 seconds left to bring the game into overtime is CLUTCH. After that there's no reason he shouldn't make the team. Anyone see the goal???

Doing it once doesn't make you clutch. Doing it repeatedly when the chips are down is clutch. That being said, he had bunch of clutch goals for Oshawa. Still, give him a while before labeling him clutch. Lots of 'less than clutch' players have potted 'clutch' goals.

Mr. Canucklehead
09-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Wow...so scoring 1 pre-season goal to tie a game makes you a clutch player and a shoe-in to make a team? Damn, where have teams been going wrong all these years sending such phenoms to the minors! That's clear-cut reasoning to keep them up with the big club right there as they'll obviously be lynchpins to a sure-fire Stanley Cup victory!

~Canucklehead~

Aerolanche
09-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Samsonov must be REALLY clutch, he scored with less than 1 second left in the 3rd period of the 2nd game of the season last year on Patrick Roy to win 2-1.

:teach:

littleHossa
09-28-2003, 04:12 PM
And Selanne is so clutch he scored with -0.1 seconds remaining in a game last season, he's into a whole dimention of his own!

sundinfan13
09-28-2003, 04:15 PM
OK, maybe Horton isn't clutch, but he will make the team.

Teemu
09-28-2003, 04:16 PM
and kyle calder scored on the vancouver canucks last year with less than one tenth of a second left :p

Mr. Canucklehead
09-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Matt Cooke got the 1.2 seconds left goal against Minnesota...and I think Mike Modano scored a heartbreaker with something like a second left in the third against Vancouver last season.

~Canucklehead~

#37-#93-#27*
09-28-2003, 04:22 PM
LOL. I suppose Stephan Matteau is clutch since he scored arguably the 'clutchiest' goal in Ranger's history. :)

West Coast Express
09-28-2003, 04:37 PM
haha i love how sundinfan13 got shutdown.

sundinfan13
09-28-2003, 04:47 PM
OK, fine, will it make you all happy if I say NATHAN HORTON SUCKS!!!!!!! HE WILL NEVER MAKE THE TEAM

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN
09-28-2003, 04:49 PM
OK, fine, will it make you all happy if I say NATHAN HORTON SUCKS!!!!!!! HE WILL NEVER MAKE THE TEAM

Whats he so touchy about?? :dunno:

Takkie
09-28-2003, 04:56 PM
everyone is jumping on him, just because he said Horton made a clutch play. I agree with you sundin, Horton will probably make the team out of Training Camp, because of his consistently good play during the preseason .

Marmax
09-28-2003, 05:50 PM

talk about overhyping

SlavaKozlov
09-28-2003, 05:54 PM
I forgot when it was, but ot was a playoff game a few years back, and a Red Wing scored a goal with .1 second left, I believe it was Uwe Krupp, lol. Either him or Jamie McCoun, but I think I remember Krupp scoring that goal. Heh, Krupp must be clutch too... :D

sundinfan13
09-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Hey Guys, Steve Sullivan scored with 15 seconds left today!!! He is so CLUTCH.

Sotnos
09-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I saw it. Was hard to see through the big pile up though, and it was at the other end of the ice. If Alexeev had the common sense to dump the damn puck from his defensive blueline instead of coughing it up, the game would have been over. :mad:

Wingboy2999
09-28-2003, 07:03 PM

I think everyone made him cry....

JasonMacIsaac
09-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Would you guys quit it, I am sure you wouldn't like it if everyone started freaking out on you for something as simple of this. Horton is a clutch player, maybe not at the NHL level but he may end up being it sometime down the road.

Rattrick
09-28-2003, 07:12 PM

I saw it. V. Bure carried the puck out of our zone all the way up the ice. He tried to get a shot off, but the Tampa defender laid out to block the shot just to the right of the goal. Jokinen touched the puck in front, but Horton slammed it home to the opposite side of the net for the game tying goal. He played REALLY well and hit EVERYTHING in sight. I would be willing to bet that he is kept on the team.

cybresabre
09-28-2003, 11:40 PM
(humor)
does this mean that alex mogilny is among the un-clutch-est players out there, because he score 5 seconds into a game in 91?
(/humor)

andora
09-28-2003, 11:52 PM
this was funny

pb1300
09-29-2003, 08:11 AM
I wouldnt call him clutch yet, but he has scored some important goals in the preseason. But this is the preseason. He does give the Panthers a gritty, talented forward that has the skill to put the puck in the net, and the grit to fight for the puck and crash the net. He finally gives Florida the power forward they have lacked.

Steve Latin*
09-29-2003, 09:47 AM

He may be clutch, but does he "live the hype"? ;)

S L

Professor John Frink
09-29-2003, 10:56 AM
I am SOOOO Clutch, I was playing NHL 2004 needed 2 points to make the playoffs and in my 82nd game score with 2 seconds left in OT to make it to the playoffs.

Horton has nothing on my skills.

bert
09-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Wow guys relax off him jeez.

BlackJack21
09-29-2003, 01:01 PM
What the Hell!!!

I really dont understand why it's impossible to say something good about a young player on this boad without being attack from all front.

Geeeze it's a prospect board guys....

We all know that the Horton's goal dont mean he's better than Bertuzzi,
We all know that Crosby is not the next Gretzky yet,
We all know that Fleury wont win the Vezina this year!!!

But gi'me a break.

Having score that goal is not a bad thing....
Having 15 pts in 6 games in th Q is better than having 8, NO????
Fleury have a great training camp, dosent he?

If you dont want a ear about those topics, go on another board!!!!

BJ21

Vincent_TheGreat
09-29-2003, 01:24 PM

Everybody is jumping on his back, why do you think he is touchy. Everybody cut the guy some slack. Horton is great and will make the team this year based on his overall play.

Rattrick
09-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Everybody is jumping on his back, why do you think he is touchy. Everybody cut the guy some slack. Horton is great and will make the team this year based on his overall play.

Agreed! On both comments.

sundinfan13
09-29-2003, 01:29 PM
Hell yeah!!!

#37-#93-#27*
09-29-2003, 02:27 PM
You guys that are telling people to relax need to take some of your own advice. Laugh sometime it's good for you.

P Jiddy
09-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Um....sorry to interupt with a real question now.....but what are the odds that Horton actually gets his name on an NHL contract this year? Everyone has really said a lot of good things about Horton but are the Panthers really serious about getting him signed for this season or is this more fan hype/wishes?? I also wonder if Keenen and Dudley both feel the same way about Horton or if Keenen is putting pressure on Dudley through the media to make him offer Horton a contract. I haven't had a chance to see Horton play this much during the pre-season other than a couple quick high-lights. At the start of training camp I was opposed to him being on the big club this year but after hearing all the positive feedback about this kid I become more of a believer that he might be able to contribute a little bit and hold his own. Thought? Answers?