Worst traffic ticket thread

Jellybean
09-28-2003, 02:46 PM
What's your worst traffic ticket, in terms of offense and fine.

I once got a $20 parking ticket.

Safir*
09-28-2003, 02:51 PM
What's your worst traffic ticket, in terms of offense and fine.

I once got a $20 parking ticket.

35 Euro (~$30?) for speeding. I went 100 and allowed were only 80. Damn police there only making money with those controls.

MileHigh
09-28-2003, 02:55 PM
I was in Boston a couple weeks ago and had to park my car to go to fenway and see the red sox. I wasn't really excited about paying 20 bucks to park my car but then saw a center parking aisle where plaenty of people were parking their cars. I park my car and go see the game. After the game I come back and see a bright orange $40 ticket stuck on my windshield but nothing on any other cars and I looked for 5 minutes to find a no parking sign and found no such thing. So in all I refused to pay $20 for parking just to get a $40 ticket.

cybresabre
09-28-2003, 02:57 PM
a girl i know got a speeding ticket (84 in a 55) that got reduced to a parking ticket. we witnessed 2 other cars that were going at an even Higher rate of speed ahead of the car, and she is the one that got the ticket.
got lucky though.
i've never had one.
i guess the po-lice can't catch the ol' passat

Bicycle Repairman
09-28-2003, 03:01 PM
I don't know if this really qualifies, but I once had too many people aboard a yacht and got a $200 fine from Transport Canada.

Radulov for Czar*
09-28-2003, 03:08 PM
87 MPH in a 70 MPH zone. $180 and suspended license for a month =\

HeHateMeFrisbee
09-28-2003, 05:46 PM
90 bones for not stoping at a red light....the way I see it is that the traffic lights are just a guide..

PhoPhan
09-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Never gotten a ticket (knock on wood).

Granted, I have only had my license for about 4 months...

774EVER
09-28-2003, 05:56 PM
My buddy was caught going 171 km in a 100. Funny thing he was actually doing about 190. When you are caught speeding that much over the limit, it is an automatic court date (in Ontario).

Unholy Diver
09-28-2003, 06:03 PM
20$ for parking left wheel to the curb instead of right

Theoren Fan
09-28-2003, 06:33 PM
The ticket was running a stopsign, but it was the fact that I was pulled over by bicycle police that really makes it pretty bad

canadahockeygirl*
09-28-2003, 06:41 PM
I've been pulled over quite a few times and have yet to receive a parking ticket... knock on wood.

Once I double parked my car so I could run into my apartment, and got distracted by the phone so I came out 20 min later to see my car being towed away. I didn't end up getting charged with anything because I faked a funeral that I had to go to.

CharlieGirl
09-28-2003, 06:43 PM
My first ticket was on the way to a Jays game at Exhibition Stadium. There is a short cut into the parking lot where you aren't really allowed to make a left turn. I was debating whether to try it or not, when the person in front of me turned in. I decided that if they could do it, so could I - yep, we both got ticketed. The part that bugged me was that, while the cop was busy writing my ticket, I watched 7 or 8 cars turn in, pull a u-turn, and go back out onto Lakeshore..... Ended up missing the start of the game as well. :mad:

#37-#93-#27*
09-28-2003, 06:55 PM
My first and only ticket was $75 not wearing my seatbelt. Ironically that was the only time I've never worn it. 2 months after I got my license, I wasn't far from my house and so I got lazy and there was some traffic because it was a busy street. Stopped for a red light, this lady cop is walking up the middle of the lane and "busted" me. Cops here have been ridiculous since 9/11. They give out tickets for everything, even to the point that they had a daily column in one of the local papers about the stupidest ticket given out that day.

"Pregnant lady sitting on the subway steps"
"Taxi driver not having his stickers on the right spot"

My dad got a boot once for parking in some private lot (AKA a street with one small sign saying only people from that area can park there). That cost $200.

David A. Rainer
09-28-2003, 08:11 PM
$20 parking ticket was your worst, Jellybean? I've gotten more parking tickets in my life than I can possibly remember ranging from $2 to $60.

I guess my worst ticket was $150 speeding ticket... several times.

VO #23
09-28-2003, 08:44 PM
No tickets of any kind yet, knock on wood.

BigDman
09-29-2003, 04:43 AM
26 moving violations. :rolleyes:
worst was 84 in a 35. Straight to jail for reckless driving.

Motown Beatdown
09-29-2003, 05:07 AM
I got a seat belt ticket, and was not gonna pay it. It was a B.S. ticket from a pissed off cop. I got pulled over at 3:00 am. The cop thought i was driving drunk. I passed all the tests he gave me. So he asked me if i was wearing my seat belt. My car at the time had automatic shoulder belts. So i told them that, he asked about the lap belt. I was honest and told him no. So the jerk gave me a $50 seat belt ticket.

Anyways i never paid it. About a year later i got in an accident. And i found out the state suspended my licence. So i had to go to court for the suspended licence. After it was all said an done, that 50 dollar seat belt ticket cost me about $500. (fine for suspended, seat belt ticket went to 150 bucks, and a the day of work i missed.)

nic29+
09-29-2003, 05:32 AM
I'm 30 and have never been stopped by the cops. Except if you count driving right into a police check right after you've left the bar. I went to pick my cousin up from work one day and we decided to go for a drink before we went home. When we left the bar we could see that there were police cars with there lights on down the highway so thinking it was an accident we went to go check it out. Drove right into the check stop and the officer asked me if I had been drinking......I said "yes, I had one" (I bet they hear that all the time) so he says "could you step out of your car miss?" so I did and followed him back to the police car. I got all the questions and had to show him my license and registration then he made me blow. I seriously only did have one and it didn't even register on the machine so he let me go. I asked if I could keep the thing that you blow into and he let me b/c it was the first time I've ever been stopped.

Killerbeez
09-29-2003, 05:53 AM
108 in a 55....straight to jail, habitual offender, 12 months without license, $500 fine.

It was early september, 7:00am on the maine turnpike. I needed to get to bangor and I was on my FZ750. Only saw one car that day: a nice blue ford crown victoria with flashing blue lights.

Sudz
09-29-2003, 07:12 AM
When I was in police college one of my instructors told me that he arrested a guy for doing 240km/h in a 60, that's just nuts. I've been given two tickets in my life, both when I was 18. One was a parking ticket and the other was for speeding. I was doing 25 over the limit but he cut me break and gave a ticket for doing 10 over, so $40 and no demarit points. I gave a women a huge fine once for blowing the stop sign on a school bus while doing while doing 95 in a 40. According to her it was my fault and not her's, and I was just being petty.

Douggy
09-29-2003, 07:13 AM
I asked if I could keep the thing that you blow into and he let me b/c it was the first time I've ever been stopped.

If I were a cop and someone asked me that, I'd make them blow again just to be safe!!! :rolly:

Grizzly Adams
09-29-2003, 07:22 AM
20$ for parking left wheel to the curb instead of right
I've gotten that one before too, and I think it's probably the stupidest thing to give tickets for.

KariyaIsGod*
09-29-2003, 07:25 AM
90 bones for not stoping at a red light....the way I see it is that the traffic lights are just a guide..

You deserved that one....