How did you find HF? Tell your story..

Draft Guru
09-28-2003, 06:05 PM
How did you find out about HF/HF Boards?

Personally, I was in a fantasy league about 4-5 years ago and a GM gave me the link to check some profiles on my prospects. I loved the site and joined the staff a year later.

How about you?

zoidberg
09-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Drug dealer.

Epoch
09-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Search Engine for me.

pavel13
09-28-2003, 06:08 PM
I remember reading about Alexander Ovechkin some time last year. I wanted to know his first name, so did a Google search for "Ovechkin." I first went to russianprospects.com, and there was a link to this site. I went to this site many times before I joined the forums.

Sudz
09-28-2003, 06:09 PM
A friend told me about it, so I checked it one day when I was bored.

CharlieGirl
09-28-2003, 06:14 PM
I was looking for reports on prospects before the draft this year, and found Hockey's Future.... then saw the link to the boards. I spent a while reading posts, and then started posting. Then I found the Lounge and have been losing valuable chunks of time ever since! :)

Jewelly
09-28-2003, 06:14 PM
A friend sent me a link but it took about a year of browsing before posting on the old boards.

Vyse64
09-28-2003, 06:16 PM
online league told me about it

The G Man
09-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Searching for info on the 2 future stars of the Islanders who were selected in the prior draft ... Eric Brewer and Roberto Luongo.

Brock
09-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Searching for Info on a top young Belleville Bulls winger named Daniel Cleary.

ShootOut
09-28-2003, 06:25 PM
Searching for info on the 2 future stars of the Islanders who were selected in the prior draft ... Eric Brewer and Roberto Luongo.

Milbury is a visionnary! How he can come into the draft and make a steal or two year after year is beyond me. If not for him, the Isles would always be virtually eliminated by mid-november. A pure genius, if I can say so, and I do.

------------------------
I was searching for prospects, too. The difference is, the prospects I was looking for are still in their original team today. :p

Kirk Muller*
09-28-2003, 06:25 PM
I wanted info on Montréal's Slovak saviours, Marcel Hossa and Jozef Balej, so I searched their names into google and found the prospects board.

WhitePointers
09-28-2003, 06:30 PM
whats HF ? :D

The G Man
09-28-2003, 06:33 PM
whats HF ? :D
http://www.ohiou.edu/esl/elective/film/AngryMen/HFonda.jpg

pavel13
09-28-2003, 06:41 PM
That looks like "Twelve Angry Men." Is it?

kmad
09-28-2003, 06:43 PM
someone posted a link at the canucks.com forums

BMRBruins
09-28-2003, 06:46 PM
Someone mentioned this site one day at Fanhome.com and since the Bruins board is mostly abandoned there I figured I would check it out.

didjuicythat
09-28-2003, 06:48 PM
God sent me here. ;)

WhitePointers
09-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Whats a Henry Fonda ? huh ? :p

The G Man
09-28-2003, 07:04 PM
Whats a Henry Fonda ? huh ? :p
He was fonda Katherine Hepuburn in "On Golden Pond."

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~kristena/pond.jpg

Dr Love
09-28-2003, 07:06 PM
I was in a pretty intense FHL league a few years ago, where GMs had to scout players on their own, no list of eligble players was availabe, no CSB like report, everyone for themselves. Then one night in a dream William Jennings Bryant came to me, with a monkey on his shoulder, and told me about Hockeys Future.

kira
09-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Searching for anything and everything on Pavel Datsyuk...stumbled in and couldn't find my way out. ;)

Postman
09-28-2003, 07:24 PM
I found HF in '99 through search engine, and started posting on the boards around mid-2000.

#37-#93-#27*
09-28-2003, 07:41 PM
I found HF in '99 through search engine
Ditto.

Schai
09-28-2003, 07:55 PM
from a link at Oilfans.com

evman150*
09-28-2003, 08:06 PM
from a link at Oilfans.com

From a link at Calgarypuck.com

:handclap:

garry1221
09-28-2003, 08:17 PM
over at RWC kept hearing about hf, but never knew what they were talkin about, then found hockeysfuture.... then once i foudn the actual boards i've been hooked

monkey_00*
09-28-2003, 11:02 PM
I was told by someone about this place via e-mail...they e-mailed the link to this place from another Forum where I use to be a regular poster.

Belgian Fan
09-29-2003, 04:32 AM
I came here for the babe threads obviously.

Kerberos
09-29-2003, 04:36 AM
I was searching for por ... I mean I entered "**** **** **** **** **** ****" into a search engine and ended up on the Bruins boards.

sveiglar
09-29-2003, 05:44 AM
Can't remember how, but doing draft research like most (2000).

"I came for the second-rate prospect info, but I stay for the third-rate conversation."

vitogor
09-29-2003, 07:19 AM
I've known about the site for a while, but I had no idea that it had a forum. One day a good friend of mine (who is also a poster here) came over, he was using my computer for a little bit. When he was done, he didn't close the window, and the window was HF Boards. Been here ever since.

Theoren Fan
09-29-2003, 07:40 AM
I followed a bunch of Rangers posters from Rivals.com. When they were shutting down, we had to come up with a new place to jump to. HFboards was just supposed to be a temporary until we found something else...needless to say, we've been here ever since. :)

Predatore
09-29-2003, 07:45 AM
I posted occasionally on the boards at Slam! ... I think it was 5-6 years ago or so. Anyway, I was contacted by HF staff member there and became a writer for HF a week after or so.
It took me 2-3 years before I became a regular on the boards here though.

USC Trojans
09-29-2003, 08:37 AM
I was running a search on Mike Comrie's profile after he robbed Kevin Lowe for a contract...

and a sexy leprechaun told me to check out hockeysfuture.com

Leaf Lander
09-29-2003, 12:37 PM
I have been coming to hockey future since it first started.

I use to hang at ESPN NHL CHAT cause I was sick and what else was there to do other then chat and cyber hockey babes I mean talk about hockey.

Well someone from fla. I am assuming it wasone of the co-creators of hockeys future came to espn nhl chat and told us they made this new site about prospects and wanted to know if we coudl go there and tell our friends.

I was already a good spammer by that time so I would advertise for hockeys.future.com on espn hockey chat and on the tsn mesage board

I wonder how many here recall the old tsn message board. The one from 96 to 98

I got to imagine that I have been coming to HF since winter of 96 or 97

Leaf Lander
09-29-2003, 12:39 PM
someone posted a link at the canucks.com forums

that would be chris more then likely he use to chat at espn nhl chat too

he runscanucks centeral and teh offical canucks website.

They guy is self taught I have known him since he mastered html

Leaf Lander
09-29-2003, 12:43 PM
I was told by someone about this place via e-mail...they e-mailed the link to this place from another Forum where I use to be a regular poster.

myinfluence spreads:D

Mizral
09-29-2003, 12:58 PM
I used to post on the old Corn Flakes board which I found via a serch engine about.. 5 years ago. I noticed someone talking about Hockey's Future there (Jeff from Maine who still posts here on the Bruins board), and I entered in hockeyfutures.com on the URL prompt, but no go. After a few days I figured out it was hockeysfuture.com. This was back in the geocities board-days mind you. I seem to recall the first few posters I remember reading were Darth Milbury (the old Darth Milbury, before his first name change), Chehabi, and a couple others. I didn't post at first, then I eventually made an account named 'Rashidi', made a couple hundred posts then cut that out.

I came back last September after I quit one of my jobs & had more free time & less social life. Now, I have virtually no social life, tons of free time (until next week ..), and little to no understanding of the outside world! Thanks Hockey's Future!

Frolov 6'3
09-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Someone posted a link at the letsgokings.com forum.
Actually I never knew there were messageboards.

Gee Wally
09-29-2003, 02:43 PM
I was searching for info. on where the Bruins may deal "holdout" Anson Carter..

I lurked for a month or 2 and the rest is history...

I was immediately attacked because of my name...guess some folks thought there could only be one place with a guy starting with "G"..

and I also , stupidly attacked Darth ... for no good reason..

:-)

ahh..the good old Boards...

them was the days..

Jewelly
09-29-2003, 02:53 PM
I used to post on the old Corn Flakes board which I found via a serch engine about.. 5 years ago. I noticed someone talking about Hockey's Future there (Jeff from Maine who still posts here on the Bruins board), and I entered in hockeyfutures.com on the URL prompt, but no go. After a few days I figured out it was hockeysfuture.com. This was back in the geocities board-days mind you. I seem to recall the first few posters I remember reading were Darth Milbury (the old Darth Milbury, before his first name change), Chehabi, and a couple others. I didn't post at first, then I eventually made an account named 'Rashidi', made a couple hundred posts then cut that out.

I came back last September after I quit one of my jobs & had more free time & less social life. Now, I have virtually no social life, tons of free time (until next week ..), and little to no understanding of the outside world! Thanks Hockey's Future!
Ahhh, and here I thought I was responsible for directing you over here from calgarypuck.

I was trying to rescue you from being set on fire by Flames' fans. :p

I swear I rescued Nuckfan in TO too.

Murphy*
09-29-2003, 03:35 PM
I was on the Sportsnet forums...looking for a way out...luckily i found this site...thank god for spammers

eightspokedb
09-29-2003, 03:53 PM
A friend of mine told me about this site - she had been challenged to meet another Bruins poster to fight about some comments he had made about a Bruin - I came to the site to read his comments - but I'm not going to be on as much anymore because another Bruins poster told me my opinions dont' count because I dont' live in Boston - so, I will be lurking but no comments - been fun though -

JasonMacIsaac
09-29-2003, 04:02 PM
For me about 2 or 3 years back fooling around with hockey sites and bumped into this one.

buzzard
09-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Search engine, just checking stuff out.

Ironchef Chris Wok*
09-29-2003, 04:41 PM
I was in an online league, and Speeds from the Edmonton board brought it to my attention...

monkey_00*
09-29-2003, 04:49 PM
myinfluence spreads:D
Oh ya I forgot............It was you after all........Any regrets?

:D

canadahockeygirl*
09-29-2003, 05:06 PM
I heard a rumor that Chris Drury was goign to Boston last year and did a yahoo search for information, which led me here.

Tiki
09-29-2003, 05:18 PM

Wow we were close.

I was searching for info on Otters stud prospect Jason Ward sometime during the 96-97 season.

Jellybean
09-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Found the place earlier this year. Psycho Joe told me about it, since he enjoyed it and I was wondering why he was on the net so much. I lurked for a couple of weeks and then started posting. I tend to post more when Joe is on his teaching assignments since I take over his place and have his computer all to myself. I really should be working on my CGA assignments, but the net gets pretty addictive.