Let them eat cake!

Wild Thing
09-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Once again, the Bushers let the little guy take the screwing.

You're on your own from there, buddy (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/news/local/6879020.htm)

The program was begun after a Florida congressman complained that some troops were being unfairly deployed longer than others. Any service member with a 12-month tour in Iraq and neighboring countries can qualify for up to 15 days of leave.

Under the program, the government will fly the servicemen and women to Baltimore, Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth and Los Angeles. The first planeload arrived Friday in Baltimore.

However, troops that want to fly on from those cities must pay their own way, and because of the uncertain scheduling of the trip they have to buy their ticket on the same day."It is a costly package," she said. "What family can afford to pay $2,000 or more for a same-day plane ticket? Enlisted soldiers do not get paid a lot of money. They are not officers."

What do you mean, they can't afford to fly the rest of the way themselves? Didn't they get a tax cut, too?
:dunno:

Worst. President. Ever.

Belgian Fan
09-29-2003, 08:28 AM
Damn Wildfan...

I thought this thread was either gonna be about the Norwegian music band Motorpsycho (on of their albums is named Let them eat cake) OR the BBC comedy show Let them eat Cake (with French and Saunders)

But it turn out to be yet another thread about this Mr Bush and his 'handling' of the war :(

I want my money back!

Moose Head
09-29-2003, 08:31 AM
Mmmmmm, cake.

Jewelly
09-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Damn Wildfan...

I thought this thread was either gonna be about the Norwegian music band Motorpsycho (on of their albums is named Let them eat cake) OR the BBC comedy show Let them eat Cake (with French and Saunders)

But it turn out to be yet another thread about this Mr Bush and his 'handling' of the war :(

I want my money back!I thought the thread was going to be about Marie Antoinette. :dunno:

jfont
09-29-2003, 01:40 PM
I thought the thread was going to be about Marie Antoinette. :dunno:
i thought this was going to be about oprah...

:D

Jewelly
09-29-2003, 01:46 PM
i thought this was going to be about oprah...

:D
Yes, she certainly has eaten a lot of cake lately hasn't she? :joker: