Gomer not to good...

brooklyndev
09-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Was at the Saturday night game and Gomer and Elias were terrible. I hope it's not of things to come, because we need these two to be better then last year!

MattNJD
09-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Was at the Saturday night game and Gomer and Elias were terrible. I hope it's not of things to come, because we need these two to be better then last year!

I've thought that Elias has had a pretty poor pre-season as a whole. I've thought that Gomez has looked pretty solid though.

Unthinkable
09-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Hopefully Goldilocks' game (Patrik Elias) takes as drastic a change as his hair did.

John Flyers Fan
09-29-2003, 10:04 AM
I've thought that Elias has had a pretty poor pre-season as a whole. I've thought that Gomez has looked pretty solid though.

I've seen 3 of the 4 Flyers/Devils games and Gomez and Elias have been invisible for the most part.

If you didn't know them from before you would notice Rupp & Berglund twice as much as Elias & Gomez.

Unthinkable
09-29-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm still not sold on Elias and Gomez playing on the same line unless its a special teams situation, although the options are rather limited with Larionov out and Rupp seemingly having found good chemistry with Friesen and Langs. No real convincing reason in my mind to breakup Pando and Madden from the checking line or to insert Elias back on this one and you cant very well toss Elias out on the fourth line can you? Something will have to give here and I'm thinking it will come in the form of a trade of Elias. If not him then perhaps the Devils are playing around with the idea of dealing Gionta for a draft pick or picks to free up more roster room for either one of our unprovens or someone holding out. I wasn't really expecting Rupp to make such a huge play for 2nd line duty like he has and sort of figured Elias and Rasmussen might find some potential sparks playing together.

Missionhockey
09-29-2003, 10:24 AM
Elias-Rasmuessin-Suglobov. I heard they had a pretty good game together. Maybe something will turn out.

Unthinkable
09-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Elias-Rasmuessin-Suglobov. I heard they had a pretty good game together. Maybe something will turn out.

I could go for that. It would be an absolute waste to ask Gomez to convert to wing just for the sake of easing Elias' burdens and Patrik has already repeated his non-desires to be a center in this league so it complicates things upfront a bit. If Larionov, Gomez, Rasmussen, and our own AHL'ers can't bring some consistent offensive life back into Patrik Elias' game, the team may have to consider a play for a guy like current holdout Mike Comrie if its decided that Elias won't be dealt.

NewarkDevil
09-29-2003, 10:48 AM
Proposed lines:

Friesen Gomez Langenbrunner
Elias Rasmussen Marshall
Pandolfo Madden Rupp
Brylin Larionov Berglund

Missionhockey
09-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Proposed lines:

Friesen Gomez Langenbrunner
Elias Rasmussen Marshall
Pandolfo Madden Rupp
Brylin Larionov Berglund

Wheres Gionta? I think he out of all the young forwards deserves a spot on the team.

Niedermayer21
09-29-2003, 06:04 PM
I don't want to see us lose anymore players for nothing, i.e., Zyuzin and Dagenais, et. al. Time to trade Turner Stevenson and Scott Clemmensen before Friday's Waiver Draft and at least get some picks back.

When Larionov gets healthy, he should play with Elias. Until then, I would like to see what Erik Rasmussen can do with Patrick. Did anyone say Jason Arnott? ;)

Elias--Rasmussen/Larionov--Bicek/Berglund
Friesen--Gomez/Rupp--Langenbrunner
Pandolfo--Madden--Marshall/Gionta
Brylin--Rupp/Gomez--Gionta/Marshall

Rafalski--Stevens
Niedermayer--White
Giroux--Brown
Albelin

Brodeur
Schwab

Our 23-man lineup for the start of the 2003-04 season!!!!

Unthinkable
09-29-2003, 06:12 PM
It would be difficult to deal Turner Stevenson while he's still injured. He likely wouldn't be able to pass any future teams routine pre-qualifying physical right now so the only way this works is if his new suitor is fine with him coming over banged up.

Tbg1515
09-29-2003, 07:28 PM
What about these combos as i was thinking

Elias-Rasmussen-Marshall
Freisen-Rupp-Langenbrunner
Pandolfo-Madden-Gomez/Berglund (Or trade Scotty for a PPQB)
Brylin-Larionov-Suglobov

Stevens/Jovo Cop-Rafalski
White-Niedermeyer
Brown-Giroux/Stevens
7th as Giroux/Brown

Maybe the devils can trade

EDM Gets: Gomez, Giroux, Gionta, & 2nd
NJ Gets: Comrie, & J. Smith

or

VAN Gets: Gomez, Gionta, Ahonen/Clemmenson, & 1st rd
NJ Gets: Jovanoski, & 1st rd.

NewarkDevil
09-30-2003, 02:35 AM
Wheres Gionta? I think he out of all the young forwards deserves a spot on the team.

I don't see where he fits. I'd personally attempt to trade him and Stevenson for draft picks. Gionta's role is already taken (Brylin's got it). Stevenson simply isn't going to last another full season. He's already falling apart. We've got enough forwards in Albany to call up throughout the season, we don't need either of them.

JasonMacIsaac
09-30-2003, 04:12 AM
Gionta doesn't deserve **** all, the guy is having a bad camp and didn't prove anything to me last year other then he is small and he ca play as an energy player. If it were up to me I would trade Gionta or send him to the AHL. Suglobov won't stay with the team, he needs to bulk up and get some scoring confidence in the AHL. f I were to split Elias adn Gomez up (which is a good possiblility) here is what my lines would look like.

Elias - Rasmussen - Berglund
Friesen - Gomez - Marshall
Pandolfo - Madden - Langenbrunner
Larionov - Rupp - Brylin

Unthinkable
09-30-2003, 08:34 AM
Gionta doesn't deserve **** all, the guy is having a bad camp and didn't prove anything to me last year other then he is small and he ca play as an energy player. If it were up to me I would trade Gionta or send him to the AHL. Suglobov won't stay with the team, he needs to bulk up and get some scoring confidence in the AHL. f I were to split Elias adn Gomez up (which is a good possiblility) here is what my lines would look like.

Elias - Rasmussen - Berglund
Friesen - Gomez - Marshall
Pandolfo - Madden - Langenbrunner
Larionov - Rupp - Brylin

I like those lines Jason. Maybe alternate Marshall and Langenbrunner on the 2nd and checking line depending on which teams the Devils are facing / what needs are more pressing on any given night. Suit Langs up on the 2nd line against the powerhouses of the NHL where offense will be demanded more.