Morozov predictions

Kritty
09-29-2003, 04:28 PM
I'm looking for opinions on what Alexei Morozov will put up in terms of points this season. Is he going to play with Mario or will he slip onto the 2nd line? Who is going to play with Mario? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

GoRyanMalone
09-29-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm looking for opinions on what Alexei Morozov will put up in terms of points this season. Is he going to play with Mario or will he slip onto the 2nd line? Who is going to play with Mario? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Hi, kritty. Going on intuition, My best guess is that they'll end up trading him sooner or later.

Ticallion961
09-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Hi, kritty. Going on intuition, My best guess is that they'll end up trading him sooner or later.

can't see them trading him anytime this year, doesn't make much sense to me. Pittsburgh is not that bad for cash right now, and he can leech of Lemieux with the best of them, plus he has some talent.

DJ Spinoza
09-29-2003, 05:23 PM
I believe he has a spot on Mario's RW. Koltsov due to his speed will be on the other side.

He was doing very well before he got hurt last year, so he may rack up a decent amount of points. Don't want to put a number on it yet, until we see how things on the whole team shake up.

look out for orpik
09-29-2003, 05:33 PM

sooner cant come soon enough

Jeff Goldblum
09-29-2003, 06:08 PM
I don't think he can keep his > 1 ppg from last year, but, as others said, if he doesn't excel, i think he should be traded for younger proven talent.

Unholy Diver
09-29-2003, 06:47 PM
If he stays healthy and plays with Mario for a good amount of time I'd say 55 or so points

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
09-29-2003, 06:57 PM
20-25 goals and 60 points.

The Tang
09-29-2003, 07:39 PM
god i hope so. free up the spot with someone that can live up to their potential.

w/o Mario, he'll probably put up around 40 points. w/ mario, he could put up sixty or so.

Koltsov71
09-30-2003, 03:59 AM
I don't think he can keep his > 1 ppg from last year, but, as others said, if he doesn't excel, i think he should be traded for younger proven talent.

And what goober GM would trade younger, proven talent for older, unproven talent?

Der Schweinehund
09-30-2003, 04:22 AM
And what goober GM would trade younger, proven talent for older, unproven talent?

Here's to hoping that "Panic" Button will one day be an NHL GM again...

Parrish
05-24-2004, 01:23 AM
I don't know where to satnd on this topic.I was very sold on keeping him and letting him mature, but as time gos on I'm just not sure if heres a slot for this guy.He's so streaky and finds Chemistry with very few guys.I'd say try to move him come draft day.This could be a great way to move one of our 2nd rounders into the first while dumping some payroll for the upcoming free agent market which could turn out to be bargain rich.

Alex Kovalev
05-24-2004, 12:57 PM
20-25 goals and 60 points.

Looks about right, but if Mario plays like 65 games or so, I could Morozov having a career year. Maybe close to 70-80 pts. But thats only if hes playing with Mario most of the season.

Rowsdower
05-24-2004, 03:44 PM
In a perfect world he could have a career year alongside a healthy Mario Lemieux and finally break out....perhaps 70-80 pts....though I think somewhere around last year's total (50-60) is a more likely scenario. Due to our weak depth on the right side I can see him on the first line next year.

Jeff Goldblum
05-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Parrish, you love resurfacing old threads.

I saw my post and thought "I don't remember this, I've been asleep for the past 3 hours!" Then i looked at the date.

DJ Spinoza
05-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Morozov had an interesting season. I liked the way he played under Edzo, I know that much. People were jumping all over him when he had the long drought, but that's easy to do with a sucky team. People always need something to whine about.

Morozov played last year with a new intensity I hadn't ever seen from him. He is/was now more willing to go to the boards each and every shift to battle for the puck. Later on in the season, his offense came on a lot more and the points became to come.

He had 9 points in February, and a monster month of March with 16 points. Over those two months, that's 25 games. 25 points in 25 games is pretty good production, I guess. ;) :)

If you include the few games of April, from February-April Morozov had 29 points in 27 games. I'm not saying that's going to continue or not, but that's definitey a good end to the year.

Morozov is still a support player and benefits from and also benefits his linemates. This upcoming year I'd like to see him paired with Kraft. Kraft can fill the net well, and Morozov is a good passer. Throw Koltsov on the wing to bring some speed/defense to the line and you have a pretty well balanced line.

As for next year, I think Morozov could put up about 60 points or so. If there is a next year.

Alex Kovalev
05-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Who knows, maybe the Pens will sign Malkin and we could see a Koltsov-Malkin-Morozov line!

DJ Spinoza
05-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Interesting, that could probably work too. I'd like to see Malkin on a line with Surovy.

Well, really, my main intention with that is to keep Surovy and Kraft on seperate lines. They can be utilized a lot better that way. They both are sort of goal scorers, and I don't think it'd help in having both of them on the same line.

Also, we have to count Eaves and Beech into talks about centers. So really at this point it's pretty early. The only thing I think we can figure for sure is that Mario will be the top LW until he gets hurt.

:dunno: It's only May. So much can happen.

Alex Kovalev
05-24-2004, 04:45 PM
:dunno: It's only May. So much can happen.

We still have to sign 2 or 3 scrubs :)