Cammalleri

Jetsons
09-29-2003, 04:28 PM
I know that he is injured. Would he have made the team had he not been injured? What kind of upside does he likely have?

Thanks

agentfouser
09-29-2003, 04:33 PM
I know that he is injured. Would he have made the team had he not been injured? What kind of upside does he likely have?

Thanks

the way he looked up until the time he got injured, i think he absolutely would have made the team. he was quite a sparkplug. still, he's only going to be out six weeks, so i think he's still going to get in a lot of time with the big club.

as for upside, that's a sticky question, and opinions on this board vary. personally, i was impressed with him, and i think that he could be a top six forward fairly soon.

Skebo
09-29-2003, 06:16 PM
He's shown some of his fantastic abilities when he has been healthy. The problem is he's shown that he really wants to fit with the Kings by visiting the IR a couple of times in his limited NHL career.
Hopefully, this isn't a long-term trend and we see what he can do over a good stretch of games.
Personally, I like Aulin better based upon his well rounded game, but opinions vary depending upon what kind of style you prefer.

Herby
09-29-2003, 06:46 PM
I disagree, I think Cammalleri's upside is much higher than Aulin's, he has 1st line hands and skating ability to match. Aulin reminds me of a Steve Kelly type player, doesn't stand out at one particular thing, and his skating is going to hurt him. Hopefully I am wrong on Aulin.

jfont
09-29-2003, 07:23 PM
I disagree, I think Cammalleri's upside is much higher than Aulin's, he has 1st line hands and skating ability to match. Aulin reminds me of a Steve Kelly type player, doesn't stand out at one particular thing, and his skating is going to hurt him. Hopefully I am wrong on Aulin.
Aulin=Kelly?

oooohhh...bad herby! bad!

:D

mysteryman
09-30-2003, 07:50 AM

I couldnt agree more. I think I posted those same exact thoughts a couple of months ago....great mind think alike! Like you I hope Aulin prves me wrong. I think maybe the highest upside you'll see in Aulin is that of a Smolinski type player.