Pens will attempt to sign Fleury:

Steve Latin*
09-30-2003, 10:08 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/breaking/20030930pensnet8.asp

I'm questioning how genuine this effort to get him signed is going to be. Lemieux might just be using this as a PR tool, knowing that CP won't come to an agreement in time. As far as I know, CP acknowledged that he hasn't had talks with Fleury's agent yet.

S L

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
09-30-2003, 10:13 AM
I hope they do sign him, but only if he IS ready.

Jacob
09-30-2003, 10:13 AM
They might as well sign him. The cheapest scenario would be that we only pay him the signing bonus amount (which I would imagine is only a couple million?), send him back to Cape Breton (free), and then next season play him in the AHL (practically for free).

The Tang
09-30-2003, 10:20 AM
if they really want him, they will probably sign him. it may not be unreasonable to pay him a little less this year and then take teh left over average and spread it out over the remainder of the contract. he'll get paid, and he can play in the nhl. i think they can work soemthing out. im sure patrick will be spending a lot of time on teh hpone the next few days.

john g
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
I am a fan of either a) signing him or b) send him back

With a lockout, and me knowing nothing of his personal nature, I cant see it being a good idea to a youngster that much money and sending him back to play against inferior competition and potentially risk him losing his edge due to complacency.

look out for orpik
09-30-2003, 10:51 AM
well i really hope they do sign him .... i wonder where they're gonna get the money ... maybe trading kraft? someone else? i have no idea :dunno: or maybe they have money saved i dunno ... alil help? lol :D

look out for orpik
09-30-2003, 11:03 AM
BTW thanx for the link steve latin :D

sundaystar
10-02-2003, 12:15 AM
If he isn't ready to be your no1 goalie you should send him back to Juniors. i don't think its a good idea to sign him this year because he still has some maturing to do. And Goalies take longer to develop just ask Milbury about that. If you sign him and he's not your no1 then you will be hurting his development in the long run. If he sign's with pitts this year he won't be able to play in the AHL. also i believe if he plays more than 10 games he can't be sent back to minors.

Ps one of the major reason's i am against Pitts signing him is because i have season tickets to the eagles(Fleury's junior team) If he is sent back to juniors they will have a unreal team. Memorial Cup Contender!!!

kutdacheez
10-02-2003, 03:52 AM
Ps one of the major reason's i am against Pitts signing him is because i have season tickets to the eagles(Fleury's junior team) If he is sent back to juniors they will have a unreal team. Memorial Cup Contender!!!

Figured so. :bow:
Mario has already offered his Edgeworth Palace a place for Fluery to stay while he gets adjusted to the area and Fluery has accepted. You eagles will be a screaming, I think! :D

Histrion
10-02-2003, 06:17 AM
I wish you best of luck at signing him, his agent is a pain in the ass. There's a little something about it today in a Montreal journal, La Presse, it goes like this (I'll translate it the best I can):

What Marian Gaborik, Pascal Dupuis and Martin Havlet has in common?

They are all in holdout... and they are represented by the same agents who are Allan Walsh and David Schatia, the same that represent the interest of Marc-André Fleur.

«It wasn't planned to go like this», swear Schatia, when he is told that the coincidence is strange. «We'd like our player sign and that they play for the beginning of the season, but we have the obligation to get as much as possible for our players with the actual market.»

The duo represent - surprise, surprise - Richard Zednik, who was talking about a holdout last season. It is starting to look like a trend.

In another article about Fleury, they also says that they do not plan to ink a deal that his lesser than the one Rick DiPietro got.

Best of luck guys, these agent are a pain in the ass for everyone. :mad:

Darth Vitale
10-02-2003, 12:55 PM
When an 18 year old goalie with less than a half dozen pre-season games under his belt is "worth millions", you know this league is FUBAR. Makes me sick to think we could lose this kid before he ever plays a full season for us... what's the point of getting the #1 pick then? What if we get Ovechkin... what's HE going to be worth before he ever steps into an NHL arena?

Total BS.

:rant: